Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

WAEC: Teachers Responsible For Mass Failure In English And Maths - Shekarau - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC: Teachers Responsible For Mass Failure In English And Maths - Shekarau (479 Views)

No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau / Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) / WAEC Results 2012/2013 Is Out, 80% Failed English And Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WAEC: Teachers Responsible For Mass Failure In English And Maths - Shekarau by Positivist: 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, in a keynote address at the 60th National Council of Education has identified lack of skilled Mathematics and English Language teachers as one of the reasons why pupils performed woefully in 2014 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations.

Of the 1.7million candidates who sat for this year’s WASSCE, only 529,425 obtained credits in five subjects and above, including English Language and Mathematics, The Punch reports.

This implies that about one million pupils will not secure university admission in the country this year.

“There is no doubt that we have several challenges, among them, the non-availability of skilled teachers of Mathematics and English Language.

“As part of the efforts to support quality education outcome, the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council has introduced e-curriculum, which I inaugurated in September. It would ensure that teachers, learners and other relevant stakeholders have easy online access to the prescribed national curriculum in all subjects," he said.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/waec-teachers-responsible-for-mass-failure-in-english-and-maths-shekarau.99252/
Re: WAEC: Teachers Responsible For Mass Failure In English And Maths - Shekarau by elobyobi: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
I didn't read the post, but lemme just say that when I have kids of my own, I'll never send them to a school that has corpers as teachers!

Now lemme go and read the post grin
Re: WAEC: Teachers Responsible For Mass Failure In English And Maths - Shekarau by BobUg28(m): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hmmm! There's no point arguing over this matter. . .

...cos its quite obvious that the characters of children in most Primary and Secondary schools are all shaped by their teacher(s). . .

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Update On What's Going On And Resumption.date / Advice needed On Institution Of Choice / Oautycoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.