Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,253 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Must You Ok An E-ticket With $1000 At Klm Office In Vi - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Must You Ok An E-ticket With $1000 At Klm Office In Vi (962 Views)

10hrs Wait At Amsterdam With Klm / Your Experience On Klm To London / Is Their Anyway I Can Sell Or Get My Money Back From Return Ticket From Klm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Must You Ok An E-ticket With $1000 At Klm Office In Vi by bunmifx(m): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2008
Hello Guys,

I just wanna find out if this thing is true.

A friend of mine got the States visa and someone booked KLM e-ticket for him online, but ask him to come with 1k usd for the BTA so that they will ok the ticket in KLM office in VI.

He said they wont collect the money from him, they just want to see it, and maybe stamp on it before he can travel.

Just wondering if its a must to ok an e-ticket with 1k usd.

What do u think?
Re: Must You Ok An E-ticket With $1000 At Klm Office In Vi by funkybaby(f): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2008
bunmifx:

Hello Guys,

I just want to find out if this thing is true.

A friend of mine got the States visa and someone booked KLM e-ticket for him online, but ask him to come with 1k usd for the BTA so that they will ok the ticket in KLM office in VI.

He said they wont collect the money from him, they just want to see it, and maybe stamp on it before he can travel.

Just wondering if its a must to ok an e-ticket with 1k usd.

What do u think?

Never heard of this.
Airlines never stamp BTA. Whats their business with whatever amount an intending passenger intends to spend as travel money angry

With the huge chunk of money they make from naija outwardbound passengers  angry

What are the ''okaying'' about an e-ticket? When for most major airlines, operating in naija you can now conviniently book and pay online from the comfort of your home without having to call via phone or visit their office?

If they are so particular about the genuinity of the intending passenger, then all the need to request to see is the valid passport + valid visa on it.

It is only banks that i am aware stamp the total amount of BTA purchased from them on one's passport and ticket.

If KLM insists, abeg waka go another airline ! angry
Re: Must You Ok An E-ticket With $1000 At Klm Office In Vi by darkroll(m): 10:30pm On Nov 23, 2008
True talk funky , The airline has nothing to do with the BTA u have with you.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Student Visa. / Have You Travelled Out Before? If Yes: / Immigration And Visa Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.