Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Follow Me On My Contract - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Follow Me On My Contract (1188 Views)

The 3 New Javascript Apis You May Want To Follow / Help!!! Help!!! How To Make Enemy Follow Player In Javafx / Top 100 Africa's Most Innovative Startups To Follow In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
Another interesting contract .
I don't really know where this thread should be. . I think it should fit in either programming or business section but I personally feel it should be more suitable in the business section .you can keep following this thread and drop your questions /suggestions .

I just got another contract ( the second one though) to set up a database for a pharmacy store. I am using Microsoft excel and visual basic to set it up.

First I will have to record the following properties of the drugs .

Name | Selling price | Cost price | expiry date | location | quantity

Then I will use these properties to monitor the sales as it progresses . It means that this excel program will be used at the point of sale ( POS)

Will update later . keep d question coming
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
Good one mate but why don't you link to a database that can be querried easily..and those fields are they enough to capture the information of a product? What about barcoding technology?

Good Luck on your project
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
Good one mate but why don't you link to a database that can be querried easily..and those fields are they enough to capture the information of a product? What about barcoding technology?

Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
There should be a stock trigger to flag low stock and alert storekeeper that stock is getting low via sms or email.

There should be a date field, I don't see that. What about return to stock field? Which will be later approved by the admin to retun to the general stock.

Why not start with the admin module, it will help you decide the front end fields and looks. Also to set permissions for users, I.e giving priviledges
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
CodeHouse:

Thanks .
I would love to incorporate barcode but I don't know how to go about it .

What's the price of the scanner ? Have you worked with any before ?
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
CodeHouse:
There should be a stock trigger to flag low stock and alert storekeeper that stock is getting low via sms or email.

There should be a date field, I don't see that. What about return to stock field? Which will be later approved by the admin to retun to the general stock.

Why not start with the admin module, it will help you decide the front end fields and looks. Also to set permissions for users, I.e giving priviledges

Thanks .
Below is the features I have so far incorporated .
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
1. The sales page . Here the user selects the item he wants to sell from a drop down list which is sorted alphabetically.
The user enters the quantity and clicks on submit . The item is recorded with a time stamp which records the time the transaction is made . The total cost is calculated based on its price ( from the database ) and the quantity sold . these are also recorded.
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
Now I have another tab which keeps track of the quantity of each item sold . It also keeps track of the quantity of the item remaing by subtracting the items sold from the initial quantity .

Another tab keeps the summary of the financial transaction . It records the demand rate , the profit yield of each item calculated as selling price minus cost price times number of quantity sold , the total profit which is the summation of the individual profit yields

Another tab tells you which items are demanded most/least ( hot selling items ) , yields the highest/lowest profit ( best income yielding items ) , etc . This tab quantifies the value of your stock telling you how much all the drugs in stock is worth . This tab tells you how much gain you're expected to make if you sell all these items . This tab also tells you the sale projection ( ie how much you're expected to make every month . It varies depending on sales ) You can also view the sales trend in a graphical form .showing how the sales de go
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
soldierdollar:

Thanks .
I would love to incorporate barcode but I don't know how to go about it .

What's the price of the scanner ? Have you worked with any before ?

Last time I bought a scanner for a client from Jumia, it was N6,500 for the model I bought and YES I have worked with barcodes.

I have a barcode generator software I developed for tagging products without barcode. You generate the barcodes, print them and tag your products.

The aim of the scanner is to automate purchase of items, so at your admin module, you first register your stocks with their corresponding barcodes.

At the front end, you scan a barcode of an item and it will automatically search for that item from the warehouse(stocks), display all the related information, price and all..
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Now I have the customizable alert system . This can trigger pop-up messages and email messages to designated email addresses . It triggers this alert when a drug's expiry date is below 30 days ( customizable ) or when the quantity of drugs are getting low .
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
CodeHouse:

Last time I bought a scanner for a client from Jumia, it was N6,500 for the model I bought and YES I have worked with barcodes.

I have a barcode generator software I developed for tagging products without barcode. You generate the barcodes, print them and tag your products.

The aim of the scanner is to automate purchase of items, so at your admin module, you first register your stocks with their corresponding barcodes.

At the front end, you scan a barcode of an item and it will automatically search for that item from the warehouse(stocks), display all the related information, price and all..

So the scanner comes with its own software where you can do these stuffs u mentioned or do I have to integrate it to a third party software like excel ?

Modified :
I just saw the part where u mentionedbu developed a software !
Wow !
Nice innovation
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
soldierdollar:
Now I have the customizable alert system . This can trigger pop-up messages and email messages to designated email addresses . It triggers this alert when a drug's expiry date is below 30 days ( customizable ) or when the quantity of drugs are getting low .

Now you are developing a software..keep up with the coding!
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
CodeHouse:

Now you are developing a software..keep up with the coding!

Thank u sir.
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
soldierdollar:

So the scanner comes with its own software where you can do these stuffs u mentioned or do I have to integrate it to a third party software like excel ?

Not all scanner comes with a software, infact mine didn't come with one and most scanners are plug and play..don't worry yourself too much about how you are to integrate the scanner, scanners are just designed to paste the barcode numbers on any active focus, I.e it will paste the codes into the field you created for the barcode input. That's all
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
CodeHouse:

Not all scanner comes with a software, infact mine didn't come with one and most scanners are plug and play..don't worry yourself too much about how you are to integrate the scanner, scanners are just designed to paste the barcode numbers on any active focus, I.e it will paste the codes into the field you created for the barcode input. That's all

Thank you so much grin In other words , each of the items should have unique barcode tags printed on them. The problem is , not all products come with barcodes . I think this is where ur software becomes useful
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
soldierdollar:

Thank you so much grin In other words , each of the items should have unique barcode tags printed on them. The problem is , not all products come with barcodes . I think this is where ur software becomes useful

Yup! But there is a device that generates barcodes too
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
soldierdollar:

Yes all products have different barcodes but a group of similar product have thesame barcode, e.g all Chemiron have thesame barcode, all bournvita tin have thesame barcode, etc
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by CodeHouse: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
soldierdollar:

Yes all products have different barcodes but a group of similar product have thesame barcode, e.g all Chemiron have thesame barcode, all bournvita tin have thesame barcode, etc

So you generate a list of barcodes for thesame product and tag them.
Re: Follow Me On My Contract by soldierdollar(m): 6:31am On Nov 10, 2014
CodeHouse:

So you generate a list of barcodes for thesame product and tag them.

Wow. Thanks for ur detailed explanation .

(1) (Reply)

Programmers Required / Top 10 Best Books For Learning Ethical Hacking / Pls I need help in python or java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.