Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) (39325 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aljharem(m): 10:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
[size=18pt]WHERE IS LAGOS STATE'S 40 BILLION DOLLARS?[/size]

Lagos state government has earned $40 billion plus in revenues between 1999 and now.
The money – less salary and running expenses - was partly shared between Alhaji Bola
Tinubu, and Alhaji Raji Fashola under corporate guise in the worst scam ever in modern
Yoruba history.

Last year, Lagos state floated a loan bond of about 80 billion Naira and got public
investors to subscribe for repayment with interest but once the bond was fully
subscribed, Raji Fashola took 40% of that money - about 35 billion Naira or so
- and handed it over in cash to Bola Tinubu, via a bogus corporate front.

This patently corrupt deal was ostensibly to buy back Lagos state 'concession
rights’ on the Lekki tolled Expressway, according to Raji Fashola. But what the
corrupt and clever by half Raji Fashola did not say is that the land at issue
belongs to Lagos state and was never sold to Bola Tinubu’s company in the first
place. Or did Bola Tinubu’s company invest 35 billion Naira developing the road.

7 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aljharem(m): 10:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
[size=18pt](2) WHERE IS LAGOS STATE'S 40 BILLION DOLLARS?[/size]

In other words, by sheer fraud, Raji Fashola paid Bola Tinubu 25 years profit upfront
without any further work. A lien was then imposed on Lagos state allocation of
federal revenue for the next three [3] years to pay for this 80 billion Naira
debt by all Lagos residents. This transaction must count as the worst fraud
ever in Yoruba history since Nigeria became independent on October 1, 1960.

In fact, On May 21st, 2014, the Lagos State Commissioner for Finance, Ayodeji Gbeleyi,
confirmed that Lagos state debts, as at May 2014, stood at N435 billion -
including N275 billion in bonds - equivalent to 2.7 billion United States
dollars. Now, discounting monthly interest rates on the commercial portion of
this debt, the gross Lagos state government debt is now equal to all of the
expected federal revenue allocation to Lagos state in the next three and half
years, at $3.7 billion, without equivalent benefits on the ground to show for
it - dollar for dollar.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by lipopo(m): 11:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
We all know who Shaka works for, We hear stories of how he collects money n gifts from the so called big men in this country to cover al their dirty shits. He should go and rest pls, he has lost his integrity with his colleagues in the media.Not someone like him should be writing n criticing BRF, whether u like it or not, the guy has made a precedence in the history of this Lagos and will take another govt(PDP or APC) wit fear of GOD to surpass it. Shaka go n rest pls!!!
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by dejsmiles(m): 12:02am On Nov 10, 2014
omenka:
Is this all

Mscheeeew.

May I go blind if I read this trash.
Its not a thrash but real fact. I believe Fashola has good intention for the State but with pressure from His godfather he decided to join the commitee of looters.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by sherrylo: 12:03am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=kirikiristars Cele
ijesha
Okafa
okokomaiko
Agoo
orile
Itire
Abule ado
Iyanoba
Ajamgbadi
Mafuluku
Ojo barracks
Agbara

what about all this places you mentioned? what is wrong with iyana-iba,ojo barracks?
Alaba[/quote]
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aresa: 12:34am On Nov 10, 2014
[s]
aljharem:

You must be stu.pid for comparing Dubai with Lagos.

I can't even argue with you comparing Dubai a city sitting on Gold and Crude oil.

Compare Lagos to London
[/s]

Dumb asss clown with zero sense identity and belonging, the useless and ignorant write up you supported compared Dubai with Lagos.

Fuccking can't read and comprehend illiterates can not even read and comprehend what they are supporting before before jumping all over the place with rubbish like ileya goats..

Btw, what happened to you ignorant cost of governance nonsense? I was expecting your dumb ass to tell us more about cost of governance.

Olodo worthless piece of shitttt..
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by sherrylo: 12:48am On Nov 10, 2014
fashola has done well oh, I live in badagry and i can testify to that with good roads (eg) roundabout to market, PHC centre, even the badagry general hospital is better now.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aresa: 12:54am On Nov 10, 2014
sherrylo:
fashola has done well oh, I live in badagry and i can testify to that with good roads (eg) roundabout to market, PHC centre, even the badagry general hospital is better now.

God Bless You...
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Ajibel(m): 2:01am On Nov 10, 2014
aljharem:

Is London not more congested than lagos ?

Shut up because you have no excuse

You're the one to shut the _fuck up.
1. The writer mentioned Dubai, not London.
2. London wasnt developed in 8 years.
3. You've shown you're not worthy to be taken seriously.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:06am On Nov 10, 2014
It's been a long time since I last posted on Nairaland but this has drawn me from my slumber. I don't realy like the tone of this article because it seems like there is no real objectivity in it. Feels more like the writer threw in a few lines of praise for Fashola just to make him look objective then spent the rest of the article grinding an axe.

IS Fashola's government 100% transparent and accountable? I really doubt that but when you come down to the basics, no government really is.

Comparing Dubai's story to Lagos' is just wrong. Unlike Dubai that was a growing city, Lagos is an already established city. You can't make a move as regards infrastructural change in Lagos without someone screaming oppression. People have built houses on drainages and blocked drainage channels. If the state government decides to demolish said buildings, it is termed insensitive and callous. Works are currently ongoing on a road where I live. The works required walls to be demolished and the size of nearly everybody's compounds reduced in size. And you should have witnessed the amount of venom heaped on the government and construction company for it. On a road they would use and enjoy and drainage they would benefit from when the project is completed.

I'm not here to defend Fashola's government. Far from it. I just think when looking at the Lagos picture, it is not enough to call large sums of money and ask what happened. Lagos is one densely populated city and that population increases on a daily basis. Even a 100% transparent government cannot transform Lagos into Dubai overnight on its current budget. We should also take into consideration that as well as providing new infrastructure, government has to fix existing infrastructure that have suffered years of damage - and this applies not only to the state government but also the Federal government and government at all levels.

These things really aren't that easy to judge.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Ajibel(m): 2:07am On Nov 10, 2014
aresa:

That troll and nuisance is a clown with no self worth, no identity or even self of belonging...

Seriously, I never knew. Im not a GEJ Fan, but when he does sth good, I commend him. Unfortunately, party affiliations of many has reduced many here to bear-parlor argumentative _scumbags.
#smh
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by tit(f): 3:43am On Nov 10, 2014
sherrylo:

so one roundabout with flowers,
PHC center
badagary hospital where tinubu did not go to when he had catarrh,
are worth $40billion?
That is 64,000 trillion naira?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 10, 2014
humpito:
Fashola is the most overrated leader in the world. Truth be told, he is a massive failure when u consider the resources at his disposal. But he has mastered the act of propaganda, hence many small minds have been swayed to his side. White elephant projects are the order of the day in my state- Lagos. If you desperately need a hero, please look elsewhere, because there is none in Lagos for now. This post deserves front page, please.

and Lagos is never short of small minds
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by carzim(m): 6:08am On Nov 10, 2014
nigerianvenom:
people are blinded by the fact that they rarely see good governance.

fashola's performance has been one of the blindly celebrated event/era,yet nothing tangible to show for it.

u get to akwa ibom that was a typical slum about 16 yrs ago and u see the sudden developmental stride by the government in power.u dont need to be told what d government is doing with the money, u see it with ur eye.
fashola is a celebrated rogue
is it Akwa lbom as state or Uyo in particular
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=sherrylo post=27874519][/quote]
Nothing.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aresa: 6:17am On Nov 10, 2014
carzim:
is it Akwa lbom as state or Uyo in particular

From what that poster posted, I think your question sounds way way above his shallow level of intelligence..
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by ACM10: 6:21am On Nov 10, 2014
It amazes me that people go about hyping that failure called Fashola

4 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aresa: 6:26am On Nov 10, 2014
[s]
ACM10:
It amazes me that people go about hyping that failure called Fashola
[/s]

https://www.nairaland.com/1987523/fashola-inspects-combined-high-magistrate/3

^^^^

Come back with that rubbish when your village governor top what's in that thread..
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by beey2(m): 6:52am On Nov 10, 2014
lipopo:

We all know who Shaka works for, We hear stories of how he collects money n gifts from the so called big men in this country to cover al their dirty shits. He should go and rest pls, he has lost his integrity with his colleagues in the media.Not someone like him should be writing n criticing BRF, whether u like it or not, the guy has made a precedence in the history of this Lagos and will take another govt(PDP or APC) wit fear of GOD to surpass it. Shaka go n rest pls!!!

Thanks my brother. I think Shaka's analysis is flawed. He failed to compare Lagos State performances under Fashola Government with any other state under PDP led government in ant other part of the country but we understand why he didn't. Any reasonable Nigerian who lived in Nigeria during the period mentioned can only compare Fashola's performance wt that of PDP led FG which has grossly under performed. I'm ready to vote PDP/GEJ out of power come 2015.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by poiZon: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2014
aresa:
[s][/s]

I don't have time for senseless and illogical argument.

Budgets is what states work with at the end of the day regardless of your IGR and allocations and it determines what they can do and can not do in terms of infrastructure and service delivery.

Akwa Ibom has more budget money than Lagos state. Yes or No. Answer is YES.

How many major projects did Akwa Ibom finished with the largest budget in Nigeria? A few roads and 1 stadium. FACT or prove me wrong if you can, but I know you can not and wont even try...

Please don't quote me again if you can not use your brain, be logical and articulate with facts..

whr fashola dey keep state revenue?

2 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by poiZon: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2014
Aderostock:

If Lagos doesn't have a visionary leader like Fashola, all these companies would have moved back to Port Harcourt just like they moved during the military regime

which companies moved to portharcourt durng military regime? I hope u wont mention chevron or nlng or total o bros.

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aljharem(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2014
Re.tards will always air their silly opinion like pigs.

Fashola should send his sick boss to the general and Lagos state hospitals now. If he is world class as APIGCSHITS will make us believe.

Why can Fashola visit inner Shomolu or Ketu.

He plants flowers here and there, mumus will praise him.

We have too many re.tards in Lagos infact some are calling him a role model.

Fashola should explain to use the following

[size=18pt]WHERE IS LAGOS STATE'S 40 BILLION DOLLARS?[/size]

Lagos state government has earned $40 billion plus in revenues between 1999 and now.
The money – less salary and running expenses - was partly shared between Alhaji Bola
Tinubu, and Alhaji Raji Fashola under corporate guise in the worst scam ever in modern
Yoruba history.

Last year, Lagos state floated a loan bond of about 80 billion Naira and got public
investors to subscribe for repayment with interest but once the bond was fully
subscribed, Raji Fashola took 40% of that money - about 35 billion Naira or so
- and handed it over in cash to Bola Tinubu, via a bogus corporate front.

This patently corrupt deal was ostensibly to buy back Lagos state 'concession
rights’ on the Lekki tolled Expressway, according to Raji Fashola. But what the
corrupt and clever by half Raji Fashola did not say is that the land at issue
belongs to Lagos state and was never sold to Bola Tinubu’s company in the first
place. Or did Bola Tinubu’s company invest 35 billion Naira developing the road.

[size=18pt](2) WHERE IS LAGOS STATE'S 40 BILLION DOLLARS?[/size]

In other words, by sheer fraud, Raji Fashola paid Bola Tinubu 25 years profit upfront
without any further work. A lien was then imposed on Lagos state allocation of
federal revenue for the next three [3] years to pay for this 80 billion Naira
debt by all Lagos residents. This transaction must count as the worst fraud
ever in Yoruba history since Nigeria became independent on October 1, 1960.

In fact, On May 21st, 2014, the Lagos State Commissioner for Finance, Ayodeji Gbeleyi,
confirmed that Lagos state debts, as at May 2014, stood at N435 billion -
including N275 billion in bonds - equivalent to 2.7 billion United States
dollars. Now, discounting monthly interest rates on the commercial portion of
this debt, the gross Lagos state government debt is now equal to all of the
expected federal revenue allocation to Lagos state in the next three and half
years, at $3.7 billion, without equivalent benefits on the ground to show for
it - dollar for dollar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apart from

[size=16pt]Itemize what Fashola used 160 billion Naira loan to do

Itemize what Fashola used 4.6 trillion naira to do

Itemize what the 22 billion naira loan from IMF for a rail project was used for.[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aljharem(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2014
poiZon:

whr fashola dey keep state revenue?

Are you minding the goat

3 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by poiZon: 7:16am On Nov 10, 2014
aljharem:

Are you minding the goat

na fashola sycophant

4 Likes

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Onegai(f): 7:22am On Nov 10, 2014
berem:
Fashola for Nigeria's Vice President 2015!
We in Lagos appreciate his good works so far. He has done marvellously well.

Eko no go spoil o!!

He's done nothing. Take it from someone who worked in his government. Everything this man wrote is true. Do you know how much my allowances were, and I know how low my grade was. I know how much those higher than me took home from LASG as "allowances". Even my mum who's seen Corruption upclose was horrified. Imagine giving Meeting allowance because Lagos state govt parastatals were going for a day's meeting to another LASG parastatal. Every meeting, they would demand to be fed, only for us to not achieve anything. Every launching, they would select pretty women from LASG and share free ankara and call them "hostesses" for the ceremony (Lord knows the ladies did nothing). How they would insist on govt car (and be parking their own private cars down the street, pretending not to have any) and got them. How they jump queue at GH and refuse to pay for drugs (then the hospital staff will start telling poor parents that the so-called "free" malaria meds for kids provided for by LASG has finished, they should buy it). The number of foreign trips for "training" abroad and led to nothing. The sheer wastefulness...

Do you know how many excellent Business proposals and companies have been killed, just so they (LASG) can award it to their people, who proceeded to do a shoddy job? The number of jobs lost is astronomical. I know of at least 2, which would have made Nigeria PROUD and hired Engineers, Scientists and Technicians and trained them for 25 years. I didn't know the people behind them but I almost cried when I saw what they were going through at the hands of my bosses (LASG).

Lagosians are clapping after eating sand because they are used to eating mud as Nigerians.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aryzgreat: 7:51am On Nov 10, 2014
For d past 8 years fashola has been constructing jakande to iyana Ejigbo to ikotun road not up to 3 km and people are hyping this criminal governor who is master of propaganda.

I leave them to wallow in ignorance. Compare Lagos budget with What is on ground, u will weep for lagosians. Thief.nubu is busy expanding his dynasty courtesy of Lagos wealth and sycophants atraining praising him and fashola as Messiah.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by crystalzoe: 7:58am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=Arch1 post=27851353] Okay
Tell us about Bayelsa, the presidents home state. The only tarred road in Bayelsa is the road leading the government house in Yenogoa.

The poor people living in the creeks at Bayelsa are still drinking and bathing with guinea-worm infested water; what is The PDP government of Bayelsa doing about it[/quote
pls facts only. stop telling lies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by anonimi: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2014
Onegai:

He's done nothing. Take it from someone who worked in his government. Everything this man wrote is true. Do you know how much my allowances were, and I know how low my grade was. I know how much those higher than me took home from LASG as "allowances". Even my mum who's seen Corruption upclose was horrified. Imagine giving Meeting allowance because Lagos state govt parastatals were going for a day's meeting to another LASG parastatal. Every meeting, they would demand to be fed, only for us to not achieve anything. Every launching, they would select pretty women from LASG and share free ankara and call them "hostesses" for the ceremony (Lord knows the ladies did nothing). How they would insist on govt car (and be parking their own private cars down the street, pretending not to have any) and got them. How they jump queue at GH and refuse to pay for drugs (then the hospital staff will start telling poor parents that the so-called "free" malaria meds for kids provided for by LASG has finished, they should buy it). The number of foreign trips for "training" abroad and led to nothing. The sheer wastefulness...

Do you know how many excellent Business proposals and companies have been killed, just so they (LASG) can award it to their people, who proceeded to do a shoddy job? The number of jobs lost is astronomical. I know of at least 2, which would have made Nigeria PROUD and hired Engineers, Scientists and Technicians and trained them for 25 years. I didn't know the people behind them but I almost cried when I saw what they were going through at the hands of my bosses (LASG).

Lagosians are clapping after eating sand because they are used to eating mud as Nigerians.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Slowly but surely we shall know the truth and it will set us free from the yoke of the Association of ProgreTHIEF Crooks, APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by aquabeing: 8:54am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=chronique post=27861783]I really don't like giving bad mannered people like you,the dignity of a response but I'd post this link to a topic I created sometime around 2013,about this same issue so others can see. Note: the roads have gotten worse than they were,when I took this pics. I don't know what the state of the Ejigbo axis is.

Not everyone is a low-lifer like you;I don't need to tell lies in public. Just take a trip to the afore-mentioned places in the original topic.

I believe people like you don't deserve a public forum. Just for the fact you saw a particular local government area you are quick to label the poster with a "low life" tag,u are clearly egocentric but lack reasoning abilities. You expect to come here and rant without others coming up to say something more reasonable.I spoke of the local government area where i reside and not just a passer by like you. I am not basing my comment on assumption bro and I don't need any reference because It's right here in my face.
Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Ilaje44(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=Sincere9gerian post=27849462][/quote]

This guy is comparing Lagos to Dubai and said Dubai was not known 16 years ago. Well, the development in the UAE dates back beyond 16 years ago. The most important thing is continuity in good leadership, and the UAE have been blessed in this regard. Apart from this, Dubai has had a steady flow of finance for decades, and misappropriation is less than we have in Lagos/Nigeria. Beside, Dubai has a much less population to contend with compared to Lagos and has much more autonomy. All these things must be taken into consideration before arriving at a conclusion.

My take on the matter is thus:

I'd rate Fashola above average in terms of his leadership qualities if benchmarked among the good leaders of the world. If I however have to rate him based on Nigerian standards, I would give a rating of very good. A good leader should not only be concerned about building infrastructures, but also about the welfare of it's citizens, and if not for the LASU tuition fees saga, I'd have rated him much higher. Nevertheless, he's atop of his class in Nigeria.

I have the gut feelings that money is misappropriated, but the wastage is less than we have at the central Government. Generally, there is wastage of scarce funds and lack of accountability in every aspect of governance in Nigeria. If we can reduce wastage, do away with nepotism in awarding of contracts, I believe we would be able to get more out of every single tax Naira.

By the way, here's the 2014 federal budget of the UAE:
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/business/economy/2013/10/28/UAE-approves-slightly-higher-federal-spending-for-2014.html. It's only account for 14 percent of overall fiscal spending in the UAE. And this is the budget of the emirate of Dubai for 2014: http://www.emirates247.com/news/mohammed-approves-2014-dubai-budget-2013-11-25-1.529204. It's around 10 billion Dollars![/url]

We definitely need better leaders that have good ideas and vision, as well as the energy to practicalize their vision and ideas. We need less of thuggish stomach infrastructure leaders who are more interested in the amount of money they can "legally" steal.

1 Like

Re: Seven Years Of Fashola: My Take Away (1) by Ilaje44(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2014
dejsmiles:
Its not a thrash but real fact. I believe Fashola has good intention for the State but with pressure from His godfather he decided to join the commitee of looters.

The author is far from establishing the fact. He even said Dubai was unknown 16 years ago. However, this same Dubai has been on transformation since the seventies and especially the 1980s. At the Expo 2000 in Hannover Germany, more than 14 years ago, the United Arab Emirates were there. Nigeria was also there. If you went to the pavillions of both countries, you would know that there is a difference between Light and Darkness. I was at the UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai etc.) pavillions, and at the Nigerian "corner", because that's what it was. The UAE has been in the business of developing a long time ago. Dubai did not just blossom into an economic and touristic paradise in just 16 years. It has been a long process. And the United Arab Emirates federation provided the conducive atmosphere that allowed each emirate to thrive. The rich Emirates even support the less wealthier Emirates to develop. For Lagos to witness the developmental strides comparable to Dubai, Lagos would not only need more money, but also the federal Government of Nigeria must create the enabling atmosphere. There's just too much power concentrated in Abuja. Besides, nepotism should be punishable offence, and corrupt people should be punished and their property confiscated. Until then, the wastage will continue irrespective of the party at the helms of affair.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / FG Returns Toll Gates On Federal Roads / Police Bans Biafran Flag In Delta State, Warns IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.