Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? (648 Views)

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? by Sheenor: 6:53am On Nov 09, 2014
One of the foundational doctrines of Christians (and
the first one required for salvation) is to believe the word of God. Now I am a firm believer that the Bible is indeed the word of God. Yet there does seem to be many that do not agree.

Some say that it is the words of men writing what
they "felt" God wanted them to write, but that their
words were their own and not the word of God.
I have a question and I would like to hear what all
sides have to say about this. I am not asking if the
Bible is the word of God or not. But I would like to
ask what you think would prove the Bible to be the
word of God for yourself (if you don't believe it is) or for others?

I am just trying to get a feel for the different issues
people have and their needs in this area.
Re: What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? by nobilis: 8:25am On Nov 09, 2014
Let me ask you some questions:

You guys say the Bible was inspired by God. The keyword there is "inspire". I want you to possibly go to the original Greek texts of that passage of the Bible and check if it was translated correctly. If you have no problem with the translation, go to an English dictionary and check the meaning of the word, "inspire".

When you've done that, you can then come and tell us how God inspired the bible.
1. Is it that the bible writers were sitting down one place and God was just dictating to them what they were writing?
2. Or is it that God was transmitting images to their brains from which they were interpreting and writing?

When you've answered that, you then come and tell us one other point:
When Paul wrote that all scripture is inspired of God, there was nothing like a compiled bible.
So which scriptures was he particularly talking about?

Then also study about the compilation of the books of the books of the bible. About the first and second canons of the Bible. Then you come and tell us how the Church decided to remove so many books from being part of the bible. Because I know for sure that before the bible, as it is today, came to be, there were more than 50 gospels.
Then you also tell us why the Protestants decided to remove 6 books from the Catholic Bible to form their own bible.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? by herald9: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2014
The Bible is more or less a Jewish history book...

About a

Jewish God and his son

Jewish priests

Jewish prophets

Jewish kings

Jewish satan

Jewish angels

Jewish poets

Jewish fishermen

Jewish lawyers

It's all about the migration and early days of the Jews

Written by the Jews

For the Jews

It's just unfortunate that it found It's way into Africa

And became indispensabletongue
Re: What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? by Sheenor: 8:57am On Nov 09, 2014
Those men did not write what they "felt" God told
them to write, but they heard an actual voice speaking to/with them, I know because I have heard
it too... What proves it to me to be the word of God is i believe it is true, number one, and then the miracles, fulfilled prophecies, and the wisdom of the words, not man's wisdom, but God's wisdom, to man, Ά̲̣̥πϑ it's truth, it is written by humble men who aren't afraid to tell the truth...
Re: What Do You Think Causes People To Believe The Bible Is Gods Word? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2014
Simple answer...because they gotta make their believe system look real and legit so the bible was a tool to gain human conviction,other religions got theirs like how christians got theirs but christians are so quick to slam theirs down the throat of other people calling it God's word like as if God was written as the author at the back page of the bible.

(1) (Reply)

Greys / Overcoming Besetting Sin In All Forms. / Turkish Assassin Who Shot Pope John Paul II Visits Grave Wit Flowers After 31yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.