Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,841 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? (752 Views)

"When A Pastor Is Into Sport Betting"- Hilarious Photo / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake / What Kind Of Pastor Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? by twerkjack: 7:09am On Nov 09, 2014
There was a day in church, when a lady walked into the auditorium (late) wearing what u can call 'mini' skirt, loads of makeup, and a very high and noisy heeled shoes. So when she walked in, all eyes were on her (including the pastor's). Suddenly, what we heard was a sigh from the pastor (as though he was warming up) and he started " brethren u see when we talk about things like this some people take it the wrong way, how can u differentiate the sheep from the goat? What did the Bible mean by saying that "she dressed in the attire of a Harlot?" sometimes u see. A fellow brethren and u can't greet them, not because u don't want to, but because u can't recognize them, and now those attitudes are being brought into the church. How can u call urself a Child of God and yet behave more worldly than the world? Have u ever seen a dog sucking from a goats breast?" hehehehehehe. He went on and on without calling names buh everyone knew who he was referring to. Something similar has happened to me concerning lateness and trust me ȋ̝̊̅̄
Felt like all the hairs on my head was straight upwards. Has it happened to u? If yes share ur experience.
Re: How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? by lonelydora: 7:17am On Nov 09, 2014
Mine was when my pastor asked me to stand up for a visitor where I was sitting. I refused and that was the topic for that day DISOBEDIANCE. I stopped attending that church afterwards.

But that was in my 3rd year in university.
Re: How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 09, 2014
I am sorry to say "Your Pastor ain't mature" I would walk out of the church on the spot if I was to be the one. undecided
Re: How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? by saintvc(m): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2014
I feel ashamed
Re: How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? by arsetalks(m): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2014
twerkjack:
There was a day in church, when a lady walked into the auditorium (late) wearing what u can call 'mini' skirt, loads of makeup, and a very high and noisy heeled shoes. So when she walked in, all eyes were on her (including the pastor's). Suddenly, what we heard was a sigh from the pastor (as though he was warming up) and he started " brethren u see when we talk about things like this some people take it the wrong way, how can u differentiate the sheep from the goat? What did the Bible mean by saying that "she dressed in the attire of a Harlot?" sometimes u see. A fellow brethren and u can't greet them, not because u don't want to, but because u can't recognize them, and now those attitudes are being brought into the church. How can u call urself a Child of God and yet behave more worldly than the world? Have u ever seen a dog sucking from a goats breast?" hehehehehehe. He went on and on without calling names buh everyone knew who he was referring to. Something similar has happened to me concerning lateness and trust me ȋ̝̊̅̄
Felt like all the hairs on my head was straight upwards. Has it happened to u? If yes share ur experience.
That was wrong from the pastor. Pastors are to compel the goats to the LORD who will in turn make them his sheeps.

Some radical pastors do this thinking they are helping whereas they merely destroying.

I have however had many times I feel the preaching was targeting at me. One in particular was when a guest pastor preached and the title was "MONEY" that to me was the best preaching in my church. It was a topic people get hypocritical ( just like sex ) about but one that should be discussed as it not been discussed has ruined many.
Re: How Do You Feel When It Seems The Pastor Is Referring To You In His Sermon? by lacreamieboie(m): 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
twerkjack:
check ur mail box dear...

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Jerusalem And Mecca More Sacred Than Ife? / The Boko Haram Righteousness Of The Bible, By Femi Aribisala / Making Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.