Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School (1274 Views)

Funniest Stories You've Read On Nairaland / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! / Evergreen Novels U Read Either In Primary Or Secondary School!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by WhiteTyre: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
They usually began with, 'story, story', with the usual response of 'time, time'. Followed with, 'once upon a time' and 'time time'.
Now, lets begin the telling those stories. Please, hen, I am coming. I need to confirm that you are there first.
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by WhiteTyre: 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
WhiteTyre:
They usually began with, 'story, story', with the usual response of 'time, time'. Followed with, 'once upon a time' and 'time time'.
Now, lets begin the telling those stories. Please, hen, I am coming. I need to confirm that you are there first.
Still waiting
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by WhiteTyre: 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
grin Waiting
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by sekzy99(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lol
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by WhiteTyre: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ok, sorry for keeping you waiting.
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by WhiteTyre: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
I will be sharing the story of Ijapa (Mr Tortoise).
One day, he went to meet a very wise man in the land. And told him that he was wiser than any living animal. The man was impressed to see an animal talk in human language, and to claim to be very wise.
Ijapa asked the man to test his wisdom to confirm that he was telling the truth. The man thought for a while and told him to come back the following day with an empty gourd.
All true the night, he thought about what task, the man would give him. Later, when he could not arrive at a breakthrough, he summoned the courage to sleep.
While sleeping, he dreamt that he was involved in an eating competition, with Obo (Mr Monkey), which he lost.
'No, it can't be true.' he consoled himself.
The following day, he sluggishly made his way to the wise man's house. There he was told to climb a coconut tree in the man's house, with the gourd tied to his neck.
Yes, he did, and fell down, while trying.
He tried again, but again he fell.
He asked for another tree....
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by WhiteTyre: 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
... The man obliged. But again, he fell.
He went home confused. However, he promised the man to try again next time, which the man refused. He doesn't give a second chance.

While crying at his defeat, at home. Obo, his friend visited him. He asked why he was crying, which question he answered.
Obo implored him to give it a trial in his presence. Which he did like he did at the wise man's house. Obo started to laugh.
'Wisest animal on earth', he giggled.
He took the gourd from him, and instead of flacing it in front of his chest, like Ijapa did, he placed it at is back, and climb the tree successfully.
Ijapa did the same and was able to climb successfully.
That is the end of my story.
Didn't I sound like a primary school kid? lol
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by tpia6: 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Why do you want to sound like a primary school kid?
Re: Funniest Stories We Heard In Primary School by Timothy3113(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
tpia6:
Why do you want to sound like a primary school kid?
so that he can collect biscuit

(1) (Reply)

Hope You Enjoy Reading This As Much As I Enjoyed Writing It / Episode 1: Eke(python) ; Story By Joy Akosa / 20 Ways To Know That Something Is Wrong With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.