Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Should I Beg My In-law? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Beg My In-law? (3703 Views)

To Women: I Beg You / I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Splendblex(f): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
FynBabe:
My dear, my mum also told me to apologise but I refused. Since then, I avoid their house because I can't be there and see certain things and ignore. But I learnt that husband and wife will always settle themselves and your relationship with them will never ever be the same again.
Yea,some might think you re even jealous because you wanna help.Only God will help us o
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2014
No! Good riddance!
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
Apologize?? So basically your mum wants you to tell the man that is beating her children, "Good job. I appreciate your effort in beating my daughters. Thank you, oh mighty man."

5 children on top sey she be punching bag. Is this ignorance, poverty, mental slavery, submission, virtuousness, or plain stupidity? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by FynBabe(f): 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Far from what you think, dear. Some men feel it's their birth right to treat their wives the way they like but extending his babaric behaviour to an in law is what I don't understand. I blame the op's sister more because she should be old enough to know what's good for her. Supposing op wasn't there that day nko?
Phema:

Say What?!? If I hear am! embarassed angry
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by FynBabe(f): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Op's sister should sort her marital issues herself. Simple!
Splendblex:

Yea,some might think you re even jealous because you wanna help.Only God will help us o
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Sparkle777(f): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
Which kian beg for petes sake? Wat if he had killed ur sister? Infact, u should be highly applauded by all and sundry. That undertaking will set his stu pid brain right. Your mom is suffering from slavery mentality and should be thus ignored. Am glad you dont depend on him. Keep off his house when he is home but keep a sisterly relationship wt ur sister. Yes its true one shouldnt interven in others marriage but in this case, ur actions saved both ur sister and mom. Again if he carry face, carry ur own too. Yeyecious man.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by DonTim1: 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by soonest(f): 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
FynBabe:
I can see there's something wrong with you. What else did you expect me to tell the op when the mum already told him/her to apologise? Do you know whether it is already causing issues in the family? Some of you respond to posts without thinking first. I have been a victim myself. Up till today, my very close relative is not in good terms with me because I intervened in an issue between she and her hubby while I was staying with them during NYSC. It still breaks my heart that the same person I was siding with is carrying face for me after many years, claiming that I was rude to her hubby. I learnt the hard way to stay away from husband/wife issues. I don't care what you think though.
Insult me for all you care but hope you will live up to what you wrote when it's your blood sister or daughter that's involved. Finally it's your opinion

4 Likes

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by smartmom(f): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
jennykadry:

Beg who? If you beg that man, one of your fingers will break angry

lol I agree
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by helen4(f): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
What is the relationship between you daughters and ur mum? Does she love you guys at all? Is she gaining anything from ur sister's abusive relationship? Is she getting something from the hubby that she doesn't want that to stop? Is your mum enlightened? Is your sister enlightened? Why is she still there? Is she still there for her own interest, the kids or ur mum? Is the husband using something as a leverage against her? What about the hubby, is he enlightened? This are the questions u need to ask urself. To me, there's more to this issue that you don't know about. Are u telling me that ur mum doesn't know her child is been abuse all the time? Even if she doesn't stay around am sure people would have told her about it. My dear, something is not right. I will advice u to investigate thoroughly before anything. As per apologizing, what does your sister think about ur interference? That will guide u on wat to do. For now stay away from their house but still make ur investigatn.
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by chikk(f): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
Say people like to buy other people's problems with their money, this is the type I'd like to buy. But because family is involved, here's what I have to say @op:

Your sister was gruesomely wronged. She and your parents are the ones your inlaw has offended and insulted. Being that you're younger than him, I don't expect him to apologise to U. So if I were in your shoes, I'll apologise to the man (not cos I did any wrong, but so peace can reign between both families) on d conditions that;

1) Your sister should be the one to request an apology on her husband's behalf not your mum. So if she says she's cool with her husband's actions and not ok with yours, then u apologise and stir clear of her marriage. Whatever she gets, she takes.

2) The otondo inlaw of yours should apologise to your sis and parents for haven laid even a finger on her.

If na me o, only then can I say I'm sorry for NOT HITTING U VERY WELL. Yeyerity...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
Op you owe him no apology. He should be the one apologising to you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
you have nothing to apologise for. no sensible man would beat up a pregnant woman
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by sevantex(m): 10:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
I knw wat I wuld do if it was my sista..na veri sure tin...@op free both of dm and live ur life.,Hopefuly d man has learnt frm d experience..#SayNoToWomenAbuse/Violence

1 Like

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by chikk(f): 10:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mondisweets:
you have nothing to apologise for. no sensible man would beat up a pregnant woman

Complete the line in bold above nah.
....And still be expecting a freaking apology!
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
chikk:

Complete the line in bold above nah.
....And still be expecting a freaking apology!
well thank you. you just did smiley
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by rolled: 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
why is ur sister on the fifth chilld
are they searching for a particular sex

1 Like

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by armyofone(m): 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
She didn't do a good job.
Mop, mbanu. You should have used pestle.
Now get your dried pepper ready for another beating day.
Don't go too far. Your sister has been weakened already.
Do not apologize/beg.

jennykadry:

Even I want to know why she did not do a good job with the mop stick

3 Likes

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by cococandy(f): 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
ileobatojo:
Please forget this begging business and explain to me why you didn't put your back into it when you were hitting him with the mop? As you were hitting him, he was still able to continue beating your sister, that means you weren't doing a good enough job. So I need to know why?
grin
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 10, 2014
cococandy:
grin

Yes nau....

What's worth doing is worth doing well.... tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2014
ileobatojo:

Yes nau....

What's worth doing is worth doing well.... tongue cheesy

You should see d way I was imagining myself doing the beating in my room. I was punching the air and beating my bed. That's to show u how this story enter my vein. U dey use mop stick. Even your teeth will do a better job or a kick on his ekpon.......

2 Likes

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by gidjah(m): 7:05am On Nov 10, 2014
YOU where wit them since your junior sch days and now in the uni and your aunty is still in a nice violent home?wa o!do not tel me theres no violence in your home while you were growin up?how can your sis endure such kind of violence till she has four kids,she is still having the 5th in a devilish home?!so her children will grow up having a violent dad and they too will become violent in the society tomorow ?this is how d circle continues on earth daily!if i where you dear,would have ignore them and walked out {since they are already used to this kind of life of blissful violence!}now your sister may not be able to help your case in that house.next time when two couples are fighting,mind d way you wade in to their matter else the cocoa nut of bitternes will be broken upon your head and they will end up smiling after a round of sex and make you a laughin stock!
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by jadelyn007(f): 7:32am On Nov 10, 2014
Last week a neighbor beat his pregnant wife to death, he is currently on the run. Op, ask you mum if she is willing to lose her daughter. If she is not, she should rather warn that man to keep her hands off her daughter, even if it means involving your village elders or his family. After that you can go ahead and apologize

1 Like

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Acidosis(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2014
Op, I'd like a word with your sist.
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by bukatyne(f): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2014
@OP:

Sorry, Pele udo Lol!

While I support what you did, please apologize if your conscience tells you to. Just apologize generally for interfering in their marriage and never step foot in that house and forget that your elder sister is existing.

Also start separating yourself from your mother's belief system else she might ruin your life.

Next time, use a pestle so that the apoplogy is worth it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 10, 2014
sandijey:

[b]You should see d way I was imagining myself doing the beating in my room. I was punching the air and beating my bed. That's to show u how this story enter my vein[\b]. U dey use mop stick. Even your teeth will do a better job or a kick on his ekpon.......
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Should I Beg My In-law? by AlienSPY: 9:38am On Nov 10, 2014
Op you have no reason to be in their matrimonial home let alone take side in a fight between a couple. It doesn't matter if she is your sister, you are still an outsider and an asunder.

If your sister is not complaining, who are you to revolt in another man business?

Better go and apologise for hitting him. You are violent yourself for hitting him. What difference does it make?

Next time call in the law enforcement agents and get him sign undertaking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Hitting A Woman I Prove Of Love?(pix) / Brothers, Go Deeper! / Indian Girl Born With 8 Limbs Gets Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.