Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? (1166 Views)

Seun Osewa Please Put A Creed On Christain Topics. / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Boladebo: 5:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Its now common to see women on trousers.. so please tell us. what duyu think! Should Christain women wear trousers..? Pls. act like matured nairalanders that we are! smiley
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
:
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Newtononline(m): 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
There is nothing wrong wit it
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Ploy(m): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2014
They are godly, In fact I love them. My wife MUST wear trousers o, if not she will lose me. Period.
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Tallesty1(m): 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Their life.

None of my business.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by mesoade(m): 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Fat trousers ain't a sin . .
Tight ones,a sin. .
Don't quote me,just sharing my views
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Just do a google search. Trousers originally were made for women.
Btw, did ur bible tell u dt women shouldnt wear trousers?
If yes, show me!
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
mesoade:
Fat trousers ain't a sin . .
Tight ones,a sin. .
Don't quote me,just sharing my views
May we knw y?
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Boladebo: 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
I too personally dont see anything wrong in it..
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Deuteronomy:22:5 says: "A woman shall not
wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God."
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
TheLight001:
wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God."

U obviously have not read Deut 22:30; a man shall not take his father's wife nor discover his father's SKIRT.

U have been deceived all along. U r the one sinning by wearing trousers if ur definition is anything to go by
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by ZUBY77(m): 10:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
TheLight001:

Tell Deuteronomy that there is something called winter in Europe, USA, Asia etc that requires women to wear trousers. And until he or she provides a better alternative, women would have to continue wearing trousers to protect themselves from cold.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Goshen360(m): 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
I get really hurt inside of me when I see some of those Christ died for trying to condemn themselves because of trousers. We have bunch of confused pastors in the pulpit that teaches trash and have no business being there. They teach we're saved by Grace tell us to live by the law and its regulations.

Have you not read in scriptures, the just shall live by faith? Meaning, those who are justified shall live by faith

Have you not read in the epistles, Christ died to free you from all relationship and you're divorced or disengaged with the law and its regulations? Is Deut. 22 part of the law and its regulations?

Have you not read that WHATSOEVER the law says, it was saying it or speaking to THEM WHO WERE UNDER THE LAW?

Have you not read, Do not let no man judge what you wear? Why are we judging ourselves by outward appearances and what we wear? Why are we trying to fulfill what's already fulfilled by Christ? Why are we still following shadows of the law instead of Christ.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 10, 2014
Goshen360:
I get really hurt inside of me when I see some of those Christ died for trying to condemn themselves because of trousers. We have bunch of confused pastors in the pulpit that teaches trash and have no business being there. They teach we're saved by Grace tell us to live by the law and its regulations.

Have you not read in scriptures, the just shall live by faith? Meaning, those who are justified shall live by faith

Have you not read in the epistles, Christ died to free you from all relationship and you're divorced or disengaged with the law and its regulations? Is Deut. 22 part of the law and its regulations?

Have you not read that WHATSOEVER the law says, it was saying it or speaking to THEM WHO WERE UNDER THE LAW?

Have you not read, Do not let no man judge what you wear? Why are we judging ourselves by outward appearances and what we wear? Why are we trying to fulfill what's already fulfilled by Christ? Why are we still following shadows of the law instead of Christ.

Mathew 5:17 says: "Do not think that I have
come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them".
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Goshen360(m): 12:23am On Nov 10, 2014
TheLight001:

Mathew 5:17 says: "Do not think that I have
come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them".

Do you really understand what that verse meant?
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by red101(f): 1:02am On Nov 10, 2014
TheLight001:

trousers are unisex.

If you think about it, many of those laws in deuteronomy are not very christian ex stoning people to death, polygamy etc. They are old jewish laws (similar to modern sharia laws) not christian laws.

My opinion therefore is that what you wear does not matter before the lord except what is in your heart.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by BlackLeopard(m): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
I'm thinking it's really not wise to take recommendations based in culture of other time and place, and then try to apply it on rather changed times.
There are things in the Bible (and any other holy book) that are meant as universal, for all time, an all. (Ethics codes, such). Other are rather specific to specific people (Jewish ppl x gentiles. Christians x Jewish folk. So on.) and not necessarily applicable to 'all of humanity', merely certain ethnic & religious groups. And then there's sum of things the Bible doesn't explicitly talk about, becos it was important to that era but ain't such a big deal through the history's course.

Bible wasn't meant to speak on industrialist and post-industrialist issues... like trousers.

IMO that Deuteronomy verse speaks more of having respect of each other and their property, both sided, than talk about clothing recommendations.
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
Goshen360:

I would like to know you. I really respect people like you.

And for the trend - Christianity is not about food, drink or clothes. It is not about moral code, doctrines and ethical guild lines. It about living and manifesting the life of Christ. Yes as Christ is being manifested in different culture there may exist some differences. For instance a gentleman in Japan will be found eating with those two sticks (I don't know what they all it ), but a traditional African gentleman will eat with his hands. That doesn't change that he his a gentleman. But if he gets to Japan and still wants to express his gentleman nature he would have to eat with those sticks. If he should eat Japan's food with his hands he his definitely not expressing his nature.
What am saying is culture has infect on how we express Christ. Instead of focusing on laws, don't and do, and What is right or wrong. Lets focus on expressing the decent, righteous and loving nature of Christ.
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by delishpot: 9:25pm On Nov 25, 2014
So men who tie wrapper are sinners too? I believe there is a way a woman will wear trousers and look like a man and a way a man will wear trousers and look like a woman. God was talking about cross dressers and not about the type of cloth. There are boubous for men and bou bous for women, there is the way men tie wrappers and a way women tie wrappers, there are kaftans for men and kaftans for women, there are robes for men and robes for women. God is against cross dressing not against a particular design of dress or cloth. Some women look decsent and good in trousers while some look like wh¤r€$ in gowns and skirts. So biko, everyone should dress with respect.
Re: What Is Your Take/opinion On Christain Women Who Wear Trousers? by Busybody2(f): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2014
Boladebo:
Its now common to see women on trousers.. so please tell us. what duyu think! Should Christain women wear trousers..? Pls. act like matured nairalanders that we are! smiley

Yet the irony is that skirts exposes more flesh and clings more to the skin than trousers.

(1) (Reply)

What Sin Is The Sin Against The Holy Ghost. / The Greatest Sin According To Jesus / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/02/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.