Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,901 members, 7,841,378 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

GEJ Vs GMB Ish - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Vs GMB Ish (376 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Running All Around Biafran Ish? / Am Beginning To Have Double Mind On This Biafran Ish / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Vs GMB Ish by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 10, 2014
[b] Saw this and I decided to share... Hopefully this can help calm the GEJ vs GMB ish
From August to October 2014 I was part of the #ForwardNigeria project.

What is #ForwardNigeria …? A movement that highlights the achievements of Goodluck Jonathan’s government. I was invited to join and I agreed. Why did I?

I have always been a critic of the GEJ administration. I always felt he wasn’t doing enough. But there are two sides to every story. I wanted to know the other side. Now an opportunity to see all his achievements, and actually expose them on my Timeline arose, and I took it.

I have always been an advocate of arguing both sides. Before saying Mr A is bad, I try to put myself in his shoes. My endorsement of B will be infallible if I still think A is bad after wearing his shoes. Essentially, I wanted to see why people felt this government was good. And get feedback in my mentions.

Facts were sent in; I checked, and after validating their veracity, I tweeted them.

Facts like: “2009 NSE was worth N9.92tr. 2013 it’s worth N13.23tr.”

Facts like: “$5.6billion was invested in the Agric business by private sector in the last 5 years.”

Facts like: “FG orders more Locomotives in 2015. Hopefully we can take advantage of this means of transport.”

Facts like: “Nigeria kicked out Ebola without help from any country.”

They’re all true.

Then we promoted the #ForwardNigeriaApp. What does the app do? It tells you what the government is currently doing. I still have it in my phone. You should download it too. It’s a cool app.

Of course I got insulted plenty times. I got abused. I got unfollowed. Which is a normal thing. If someone’s tweets irritate me, I unfollow.

I kept on doing it, because someone must say what everyone else is not saying. I kept on doing it, even if deep inside it wasn’t a cause I believed in.

Do I regret it? No. I worked with a great team. I learnt a few things about this government’s efforts to grow Nigeria.

No, I am not going to mention whether money was involved or not. I have already been judged. And I seriously do not care. The fact remains, if you do not believe in something, no amount of money can make you dedicate your heart and soul to it. In retrospect, if you believe in a cause, you will do it with your heart and soul, with or without money.

In all the months I tweeted Forward Nigeria, I never strayed from the well researched facts. I NEVER said, “Vote GEJ.” Or “GEJ is the answer to Nigeria’s problems”. My message was simple: “See what GEJ is doing. See all the things people do not know. If it’s good enough, you know what to do. If not, you know what to do too.” Now, there’s a thin line between that and outright endorsement, no doubt, but the distinction remains.

So, why did I suddenly stop?

A time comes when we cannot sit on the fence anymore. We have to decide who to root for. Then do our best to ensure they emerge. 2015, Nigerians will vote. I will vote. But I won’t only vote, I will also campaign for who I think will move the nation forward.

I did a lot of research on the strengths and weaknesses of the 3 most serious contenders – GEJ, Atiku and GMB and one of them emerged strongest. One of them has a strong background of achievements. One of them is doing a whole lot to better the lives of everyone he can. One of them has laid out feasible and innovative plans on how he will progress the nation

I therefore made a decision: To use the small platform I have been blessed with to campaign for the strongest candidate IN MY BOOKS.

Please, support who you want. All the candidates are strong contenders, but I believe mine is stronger. And will do better. I am reasonable enough NOT to attack anyone who does not support who I support. If you attack me for having differing opinions, it simply means you’re weak and stupid.

For those who keep saying I am getting paid to campaign, listen to this: Money is not everything. If I am going to campaign for anyone just because of money, I will campaign for GEJ. The FG’s money is unlimited. And my life won’t be at stake. I am campaigning for I believe in. And if you have been following me you’ll know how passionate I am about causes I believe in.

Now might be a good time to mute or unfollow me if you’re sensitive, because, until the 2015 elections are over, I am going to be contributing my quota to ensuring my favored candidate emerges, and we finally have #ANigeriaForAll.

Thank you [/b]

1 Like

Re: GEJ Vs GMB Ish by saintkash(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2014
guy finish dis gist na.... abi u want make I burst bottle?

(1) (Reply)

APC, Others Criticise Wada For Freezing Kogi Lgs Accounts / Suicide Bomb Attack 10th Nov. At Government Science Technical School In Yobe / The Way Out For A Greater Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.