Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 - Education (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 (160838 Views)

Abu Here We Come 2016/2017 / A B U , Here We Come > / Why Is It Hard To Gain Admission To University Here In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
@canberra..Am 4rm Kogi State Nd U
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
Slowsteper:

There is department of computer science. it's 3 sister department with Mathematics being the umbrella department. under it, there is department of mathematics, computer science and department of statistics.
Cöm'on!
Even a mere cleaner knws dat! Wat am saying is dat among the 87 departments in Abu, there is none with the title "COMPUTER SCIENCE"!
Take 4 instance, The Department of Biological Science has Botany and Zoology with it. But who in ABU refers to Botany as a Department.?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Catalyst4real:
5points
CONGRATES!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Canberra55: 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
Abia
Ibzidon:
@canberra..Am 4rm Kogi State Nd U
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Misanthrope: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hmm.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Misanthrope: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
If you are offered Admission to study either Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.

You'll be directed to Department of Mathematics, there's no such thing as Department of Computer Science or Department of Statistics in ABU.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Misanthrope: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
But it is not that ABU can't afford to create another Department for Statistics and Computer Science, but for some odd reason(s), Conventional Universities like to place Statistics and Computer Science under one Department.

Even Prestigious universities like MIT and Stanford University all have these courses under one Department.

But they have majors like Mathematical Computing, Statistical Computing, Mathematical Statistics, Statistical Modelling.

The idea is that they mix those courses together so they placed them under one Department.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Misanthrope: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Although in the US there you'll see about 3,000 aspirants competing for Admission to study Statistics and Mathematics.

In Nigeria here, it's quite the opposite since every cat and dog you see are all going for Computer Science.

Simkrative it's really nice to meet you, as you know, it's rare to see Students studying either Mathematics or Statistics, in UNN people that apply for those courses range from 5-80.

Ignore those Omini-ignoramus that might be asking or even telling you that you'll only end up as a teacher with a degree in Mathematics.

Ask any Mathematics or Statistics graduate, we rule the world and our Unemployment rate still stands 0%.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2015
Simkreative:
CONGRATES!
Thank you smiley
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
NICE TO MEET U TOO SIR
Misanthrope:
Although in the US there you'll see about 3,000 aspirants competing for Admission to study Statistics and Mathematics.

In Nigeria here, it's quite the opposite since every cat and dog you see are all going for Computer Science.

Simkrative it's really nice to meet you, as you know, it's rare to see Students studying either Mathematics or Statistics, in UNN people that apply for those courses range from 5-80.

Ignore those Omini-ignoramus that might be asking or even telling you that you'll only end up as a teacher with a degree in Mathematics.

Ask any Mathematics or Statistics graduate, we rule the world and our Unemployment rate still stands 0%.
WOW!
Nice One! My opinion is,
Anybody who tinks Mathematicians and Statistician are meant to be Just Teachers needs a 21st Century Upgrade.
Critical Thought för Critical Mind!. Only those who tink cum up with Ideas and the last tym i checked!
"IDEAS RULE D WHOLE"

#TEAMARITHMETICS
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by strongelink36(m): 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
Simkreative:
Nigga!
I doubt if u are saying the truth.
Bcus,
There ls notin likè Dept. of Computer Science in ABU!
But, incase u've been truely admitted.
"CONGRATULATION!!!"&
Welcome Onboard.
As of last year,
These are the fees and items a fresher wil b needing!
1. School fee = 27,500 (Bank Charges= 300)
2. Accomodation = 7,090 (Bank charges= 200)
3. If u are a muslim, u will pay N500 to one Islamic Association like dat.
4. Another N500 to SRC.
5. You will pay N300 to NAMS!
ITEMS YOU WILL NEEDING.
1. Original Jamb Result
2. Primary School Cert
3. Birth cert or Declaration of Age.
4. Waec Result (either Original or Print Out)
Note: Statement of Result is not Accepted.
5. Post Ume Result.
6. State of Origin/ Indigin Form
MATERIALS 4 JACKING
1. Purpo Calculator ( The one sold for N1500)
2. Engineering Mathematics (K.A STROUD) , College Mathematics!, Pure Mathematics 1 & 2 (Blackhouse).
3. Drop ur PC at home, u wont be needing it until 200L. Unless u want to bring it for Free Wifi, Movies and PDF purposes.
MOST IMPØRTANTLY!
Guy, bring enough food.
Bcus,
!ðy/ðx the drink energy wella.

wow! what an analysis.nice one bro.one more thing,what of those leaving off campus are they still going to pay the (7090 + 200)naira for accomodation since they will not be staying in the school hostel.lastly,i don't know if you know how much an average room cost off campus?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by barackodam: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Simkreative:
Nigga!
I doubt if u are saying the truth.
Bcus,
There ls notin likè Dept. of Computer Science in ABU!
But, incase u've been truely admitted.
"CONGRATULATION!!!"&
Welcome Onboard.
As of last year,
These are the fees and items a fresher wil b needing!
1. School fee = 27,500 (Bank Charges= 300)
2. Accomodation = 7,090 (Bank charges= 200)
3. If u are a muslim, u will pay N500 to one Islamic Association like dat.
4. Another N500 to SRC.
5. You will pay N300 to NAMS!
ITEMS YOU WILL NEEDING.
1. Original Jamb Result
2. Primary School Cert
3. Birth cert or Declaration of Age.
4. Waec Result (either Original or Print Out)
Note: Statement of Result is not Accepted.
5. Post Ume Result.
6. State of Origin/ Indigin Form
MATERIALS 4 JACKING
1. Purpo Calculator ( The one sold for N1500)
2. Engineering Mathematics (K.A STROUD) , College Mathematics!, Pure Mathematics 1 & 2 (Blackhouse).
3. Drop ur PC at home, u wont be needing it until 200L. Unless u want to bring it for Free Wifi, Movies and PDF purposes.
MOST IMPØRTANTLY!
Guy, bring enough food.
Bcus,
!ðy/ðx the drink energy wella.

Simeon......seriously, do you guys use Engine Maths?? shocked
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
strongelink36:
wow! what an analysis.nice one bro.one more thing,what of those leaving off campus are they still going to pay the (7090 + 200)naira for accomodation since they will not be staying in the school hostel.lastly,i don't know if you know how much an average room cost off campus?
Accomodation is Optional!.
Am not too convercant with the prices, but it ranges btw 25k - 30k. Depending on the standard of the building!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
barackodam:

Simeon......seriously, do you guys use Engine Maths?? shocked
WOW! The Almighty Barackodam just mentioned me!
Yea! We use it! Or lemme say i used it!
It has!
Algebra, Trigonometry, Functions, Complex Numbers, Calculus, Vector, Application Of Calculus, First Order Differentiation! Etc. And all these are like one-fourth of all i did in my Maths Courses! So He is definately goin to need it.
.But if u have other options or Alternative, i will gladly modify my initial Post!
Tanx!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Simkreative:
Accomodation is Optional!.
Am not too convercant with the prices, but it ranges btw 25k - 30k. Depending on the standard of the building!
Are you off campus? am not really planning on living in the school's hostel
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Catalyst4real:

Are you off campus? am not really planning on living in the school's hostel
Nope! Am in Suleiman Hall.
I wont advice u to go Off-K for now, believe me u wil nid double energy to cope!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by barackodam: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Simkreative:
WOW! The Almighty Barackodam just mentioned me!
Yea! We use it! Or lemme say i used it!
It has!
Algebra, Trigonometry, Functions, Complex Numbers, Calculus, Vector, Application Of Calculus, First Order Differentiation! Etc. And all these are like one-fourth of all i did in my Maths Courses! So He is definately goin to need it.
.But if u have other options or Alternative, i will gladly modify my initial Post!
Tanx!

Okies......was surprised you guys use it, first time i'm hearing it.
You know its majorly synonymous with engr stud......

How are you enjoying our skul grin grin grin
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
barackodam:

Okies......was surprised you guys use it, first time i'm hearing it. You know its majorly synonymous with engr stud......
How are you enjoying our skul grin grin grin
Mehn! Am Pushing it! Ah Just av two Papers left!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by barackodam: 12:57am On Sep 26, 2015
Simkreative:
Mehn!
Am Pushing it! Ah Just av two Papers left!

lucky you, still got 6, just wrote half of my papers
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 26, 2015
barackodam:

lucky you, still got 6, just wrote half of my papers
It Can only get BETTER!
All d best Sir!

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by TeenaMay(f): 10:17am On Sep 26, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]helo!nice 2 meet u all nairaland newbie in the house.an ABU 2015\2016 civil law aspirant at your service*bows* ;Dhelo!nice 2 meet u all nairaland newbie in the house.an ABU 2015\2016 civil law aspirant at your service*bows*
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2015
TeenaMay:
[color=#000099][/color]helo!nice 2 meet u all nairaland newbie in the house.an ABU 2015\2016 civil law aspirant at your service*bows* ;Dhelo!nice 2 meet u all nairaland newbie in the house.an ABU 2015\2016 civil law aspirant at your service*bows*
welcome here, which state are u from?

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by ibrams(m): 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
Catalyst4real:

Your state wink
my state
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
Pls When Are They Goin To Release Both The Merit And Supplementary List On Their Portal...Positive Answers Pls Cos Am Gettin More And More Anxious By D Day..
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by TeenaMay(f): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
hadizadeezy:
welcome here, which state are u from?
am from Bauchi state
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2015
TeenaMay:
am from Bauchi state
have you checked jamb site?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by TeenaMay(f): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2015
hadizadeezy:
yes i've checked,no admission offered yet.congrats by the way i read ur post on ur admission status.we are hoping on God for our names 2 b on the official list by ABU hopefully.what's ur jamb score pls if u dnt mind?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by TeenaMay(f): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
hadizadeezy:
ur pume score and state of origin pls.am nt trying 2 pry jxt wnt 2 fan my flame of hope.civil law ryt?

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (84) (Reply)

Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out. / Top 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees! / YABATECH Post Utme 2021/2022 Screening Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.