Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,555 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 (159991 Views)

Abu Here We Come 2016/2017 / A B U , Here We Come > / Why Is It Hard To Gain Admission To University Here In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2015
muhammedbilal:
ah boss I think you are a starlite why writing jamb again
Am not just Writing Jamb Again, i'll be Writing it for the Fourth time. Alot of Factors Caused this Waste of years, and my Academic performance not being one of it....first, Lack of Probing and Making Enquiries; i applied for two Universities,2012 and 2013. Bayero and Jos respectively. Unfortunately i was too Foolish to notice that i do not belong to a Catchment area of both. With my 240 (ppt) in Jamb and an Awesome post utme Score, Unijos Gave me nothing, as in not even Fishery; Never apply a Non catchtment School. Secondly, ave always Looked down on Remedial programmes,but the truth is, getting Mbbs(my dream Course) is Far easier through Remedial. Thats the Story of my Life Bro. I just believe, its a Now or Never.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by muhammedbilal(m): 12:13am On Feb 21, 2015
Catalyst4real:
Am not just Writing Jamb Again, i'll be Writing it for the Fourth time. Alot of Factors Caused this Waste of years, and my Academic performance not being one of it....first, Lack of Probing and Making Enquiries; i applied for two Universities,2012 and 2013. Bayero and Jos respectively. Unfortunately i was too Foolish to notice that i do not belong to a Catchment area of both. With my 240 (ppt) in Jamb and an Awesome post utme Score, Unijos Gave me nothing, as in not even Fishery; Never apply a Non catchtment School. Secondly, ave always Looked down on Remedial programmes,but the truth is, getting Mbbs(my dream Course) is Far easier through Remedial. Thats the Story of my Life Bro. I just believe, its a Now or Never.
are you doing remedial now or you only want to apply through jamb and what do you think that can happen to somone from osun state seeking admission in Abu?and I guess we create a group on whatsapp for Abu aspirant
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by fflamingo(m): 12:36am On Feb 21, 2015
Catalyst4real:
I sincere with deep heart-warming reminisce of the sentence you posted above. I never knew mine was a lil better. To say I scored 275 and 76pume @ unilorin/2011, my mind beamed like I had gained admission. To my surprise them talk say I wasn't admitted cos I'm a xtains cos I use my second name which is james. And internal source said there is a minimum quota for "perceived christain". Seriously when they said Jesus wept, I SHED frustrated tears. I took it on, gained admission that same year @Ibpoly, finished my ND 2013. By 2014 I had my IT, during my experiences @office made me realize that HND was a complete waste of Time(pls and pls I beg anybody never ever opt for poly because you don't wanna spend another year @home.
Now, 2015 Am sitting for jamb like no man business through I must say it difficult having to see my junior who called me senior in secondary school come back from school.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by fflamingo(m): 12:41am On Feb 21, 2015
#muhammedbilal, we don't have to create whatapp, here should be okay for everybody.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 7:43am On Feb 21, 2015
muhammedbilal:
are you doing remedial now or you only want to apply through jamb and what do you think that can happen to somone from osun state seeking admission in Abu?and I guess we create a group on whatsapp for Abu aspirant
Am doing it now,the Remedial is only meant for the 19 Northern States,with Benue, Kwara,Kogi and F.C.T inclusive.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 7:55am On Feb 21, 2015
fflamingo:
I sincere with deep heart-warming reminisce of the sentence you posted above. I never knew mine was a lil better. To say I scored 275 and 76pume @ unilorin/2011, my mind beamed like I had gained admission. To my surprise them talk say I wasn't admitted cos I'm a xtains cos I use my second name which is james. And internal source said there is a minimum quota for "perceived christain". Seriously when they said Jesus wept, I SHED frustrated tears. I took it on, gained admission that same year @Ibpoly, finished my ND 2013. By 2014 I had my IT, during my experiences @office made me realize that HND was a complete waste of Time(pls and pls I beg anybody never ever opt for poly because you don't wanna spend another year @home.
Now, 2015 Am sitting for jamb like no man business through I must say it difficult having to see my junior who called me senior in secondary school come back from school.
Wow!, I never Knew Unilorin Were to a degree Religious. Well atleast you moved forward(N.D). Unlike me who's been Standing in one Place for 3 years. You Could try D.E you know....I just have a Great Feeling about this year, i can Smell the breakthrough from afar. God will see us all through.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by bawz012(m): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2015
does it mean that admission will not be given to those that are not from CATCHMENT area?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 8:29am On Feb 21, 2015
bawz012:
does it mean that admission will not be given to those that are not from CATCHMENT area?
Only Jamb can Give you the Admission, When you Score a Terribly Insane Score In relation to the General Jamb performance index.(For mbbs, the one i know). A guy from Ogun got Mbbs in Abu in 2010, his Jamb Score was 291. Thats what am talking about. Abu honours people with high jamb Score compared to people with high post utme score and low jamb Score. E.g a person with 260 in jamb and 280 p.utme will be admitted ahead of a person with 230 and 320 in post utme. Forget about the Aggregate. So admission to Non catchment is possible, provided you have what it takes
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Abuklaw(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
bawz012:
as catalyst4real clarified above, admission is possible for non catchment candidates. I and many others are perfect example of its possibility. You also have to score high in jamb because doing so will boost your chance as catalyst said.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by yettypeddy(f): 4:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catalyst4real:
Wow!, I never Knew Unilorin Were to a degree Religious. Well atleast you moved forward(N.D). Unlike me who's been Standing in one Place for 3 years. You Could try D.E you know....I just have a Great Feeling about this year, i can Smell the breakthrough from afar. God will see us all through.
pls wat are d requirements for direct entry in Abu
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catalyst4real:
Only Jamb can Give you the Admission, When you Score a Terribly Insane Score In relation to the General Jamb performance index.(For mbbs, the one i know). A guy from Ogun got Mbbs in Abu in 2010, his Jamb Score was 291. Thats what am talking about. Abu honours people with high jamb Score compared to people with high post utme score and low jamb Score. E.g a person with 260 in jamb and 280 p.utme will be admitted ahead of a person with 230 and 320 in post utme. Forget about the Aggregate. So admission to Non catchment is possible, provided you have what it takes
Oga dis your analysis is wrong oo
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by muhammedbilal(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
hadizadeezy:
@you I know our fight will be over one day sha
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
yettypeddy:
Most times, the Least is a Second Class Upper.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
There was this Guy that applied A.b.u. (M.b.b.s) .He's from a Non Catchment Area, his jamb Score was less than 200 and his post utme Score was 300+....His Mum went and Gave testimony in Church on her Son's Admission, even before the Admission was out. grin See Faith. When the Admission list came out, this Guy did not even Smell Fishery. The benefit of being within a Catchment area is, even if you do not meet up the Standard of your Desired Course, you still stand a chance of getting another Course.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Abuklaw(m): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2015
yettypeddy:
direct entry depends on the qualification you are applying with.

For Bsc, a minimum of second class upper in some schools while third class upper in others

For ND, a minimum upper credit is required in ABU while some universities accept lower credit.

For NCE, minimum of merit into any course in ABU.

For A level, you must meet the requirements specified by the school's senate. E.g remedial or ijmb points.

You can also find useful information in the below link.
www.myschoolnewz.com/forum2_theme_816035.xhtml?tema=4125
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by jabdulhamid97(m): 3:11am On Feb 22, 2015
Catalyst4real I Hail U .Do U Still Remember Jabdulhamid97 ON ABU2014/2015 TREND AM NOW IN ABU STUDYING HUMAN PHYSIO.BUT STILL ASPIRING 4 MEDICINE.ANY INFO 4ROM THE SCHOOL I WILL POST IT FOR U GUYS ON DIS THREAD And Hw About Our Vp Daughter
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by jabdulhamid97(m): 3:21am On Feb 22, 2015
Catalyst4real Do U Know Dat Majority Of The Mbbs Student We Are Sittin In D Class And Taking Lecture Together Are All Sbrs Student And I Was Lyk Y Re We Not Consider We Jambites
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 7:31am On Feb 22, 2015
jabdulhamid97:
Catalyst4real I Hail U .Do U Still Remember Jabdulhamid97 ON ABU2014/2015 TREND AM NOW IN ABU STUDYING HUMAN PHYSIO.BUT STILL ASPIRING 4 MEDICINE.ANY INFO 4ROM THE SCHOOL I WILL POST IT FOR U GUYS ON DIS THREAD And Hw About Our Vp Daughter
Wow! Nice one Bro, You must Really have Great Passion for Medicine.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by fflamingo(m): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2015
Pls, do anybody have ideas; I just noticed a mistake of state of origin in my registration form. The man was suppose to put kwara but he choose OYO. Do I have any solution?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by jabdulhamid97(m): 11:09am On Feb 22, 2015
Catalyst4real:
Wow! Nice one Bro, You must Really have Great Passion for Medicine.
yep Coz I Had Alway Which 1day I Wuld B A Cardio-surgeon
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by jabdulhamid97(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2015
hadizadeezy:
vp Daughter Hw Far Has It Been? I Missed U
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 11:48am On Feb 22, 2015
missed you too.@jabdulhamid97
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
jabdulhamid97:
yep Coz I Had Alway Which 1day I Wuld B A Cardio-surgeon
Lol, Looks like you're Always Typing in a Hurry, Am happy For you, Atleast You have a Bird in Hand.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Azboy34(m): 10:49am On Feb 23, 2015
Ina kwana ku! Does Abu conduct any post direct entry exam 4 der d.e applicant? Secondly.. Ina jin labari.. I heard a news abt abu. The news went thus;I heard abu doesn't admitt pple from d non-catchment area even wen u av d requirement(merit) in ur Nce result. Pls hw true z dis?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Azboy34(m): 10:59am On Feb 23, 2015
Jamb really jammed me.. I finally ended up in a college of educatn*Allah knows best*am still maintaining my distinction/merit point in fce. Hopn 4 my direct entry admissn in abu, zaria into Education and social studies.I am 4rm ondo state and I hope abu won't disappoint me and my fellow aspirant here(amin). I luv d great samaru, z d best univ in Nigeria. I love abu zaria.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Azboy34(m): 11:11am On Feb 23, 2015
@catalyst wat are u tryn 2 say??are u sayn admissn into abu zaria z only wen u 4rm d catchment areas? Olorun mi gba mi o.Allah ya taimakeka.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Catalyst4real: 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
Azboy34:
@catalyst wat are u tryn 2 say??are u sayn admissn into abu zaria z only wen u 4rm d catchment areas? Olorun mi gba mi o.Allah ya taimakeka.
Nope, But Admission from a Catchment Area is Easier.......Just Chill, i dont think A.b.u can Overlook your Distinction/Merit. Besides, Education Courses are not Competitive.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Azboy34(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
[quote
author=Catalyst4real post=31003155]Nope, But Admission from a Catchment
Area is Easier.......Just Chill, i dont think A.b.u can Overlook your
Distinction/Merit. Besides, Education Courses are not
Competitive.[/quote]Ok..now i comprehend.Thanx 4 d reply
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Reallymilky(f): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
fflamingo:
Pls do not give ppl wrong info abt unilorin.am a final year stdent and 80 percent of my coursemates are christian..admisn s nt by religion at all.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by Tushkid74(m): 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
Can a Direct Entry canditate with 2.99,be admitted to study Mass Comm' in ABU?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by hadizadeezy(f): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
Reallymilky:

Pls do not give ppl wrong info abt unilorin.am a final year stdent and 80 percent of my coursemates are christian..admisn s nt by religion at all.
do u really know the meaning of 80
Re: Ahmadu Bello University: Here We Come. 2015/16 by jabdulhamid97(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2015
Got Gens 103 Test On March24.Need U Guys Prayers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply)

FG Reaction On ASUP Strike In Polytechnics / Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out. / Top 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria With Mind Blowing Fees!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.