Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Welcome To My Father’s Land: The Real Picture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To My Father’s Land: The Real Picture (590 Views)

Million Dollar Soak Away Story A Lie, See Source Of Real Picture / The Real Picture Revealing The Magic Of Sitting On Air(photos) / The Real Picture Of Made In Nigeria Robots. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To My Father’s Land: The Real Picture by workgist: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
With the largest population in Africa, My people are known for their ingenuity and optimism, even in the face of many difficulties. A home to both the very rich and the very poor, it is known by many young Nigerians as 'Naija'. This term expresses the hope for change and a nation of which to be proud.

Our Economy:
Nigeria is Africa’s leading oil producer with an output of over 2 million barrels of crude each day. Despite its growing wealth and economy, poverty levels in Nigeria are on the rise. This is because the oil wealth is not trickling down into society at large. Without naming names, we know the benefactors.

Over a century ago, two-thirds of Nigeria was covered by rich tropical forest. But due to the pressures of a fast-growing population, Nigeria’s forests have been disappearing at one of the highest rates in the world.

Communications play a vital role in a vast and populous country like Nigeria. Radio, television and newspapers vie to keep people informed. It is use as a means of income generation not forgetting entertainment.

Poverty:
We can't talk about our economy and not talk about the poverty rate in a nation that is blessed with so many natural resources.
Poverty is sometimes more about how society shares money out than how much money there is overall. Some African countries are very poor, but others are wealthier (often from oil) with extreme inequalities between their citizens. My land is blessed but the blessing is not circulating.
Developing efforts to combat poverty require many different parts of society working together towards the same goals. In reality, this is hard to achieve.http://www.workgist.com/welcome-to-my-fathers-land-the-real-picture/

(1) (Reply)

Why Uneducated Igbo Men Marry Educated Women / GEJ Uses Azikiwe's Name Only For Elections / Happy 57th Birthday To President Goodluck Jonathan! *20 Facts Know About Him*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.