Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,984 members, 7,866,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:41 PM

South African Police Probes Jacob Zuma For Ordinary $24M - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Police Probes Jacob Zuma For Ordinary $24M (643 Views)

Toast Of Buhari, Jacob Zuma & Osinbajo / Now Trending , Amaechi Sold His Brother For Ordinary Ministerial Position / Buhari Sends Atiku To SA To Lobby Zuma For Adesina.....premium Times.(PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Police Probes Jacob Zuma For Ordinary $24M by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:30am On Nov 11, 2014
South African police have launched an investigation into corruption allegations linked to President Jacob Zuma’s $24m state-funded upgrade of his house, according to parliamentary papers.
In a written police response to lawmakers published on Monday, police confirmed that a probe into accusations that the leader misused public funds to refurbish his house in the rural village of Nkandla “has been initiated”.
Zuma, who was re-elected in May, has insisted that he had no knowledge of the work on his home, including the construction of a swimming pool, private clinic and amphitheatre.
His government has insisted all the refurbishments were security related.
The issue has become a lightning rod for criticism of Zuma’s administration, which is seen by many South Africans as tolerant of corruption and incompetence.
South Africa’s national assembly erupted in August with lawmakers chanting “pay back the money”, demanding Zuma return the millions of dollars spent on his home.
Opposition leader, Mmusi Maimane, of the Democratic Alliance said “now the police must do their jobs”.
Maimane and other opposition politicians had called for Zuma to be the subject of a criminal investigation over the issue, and have demanded he resign.
The public ombudsman Thuli Madonsela in March ruled that Zuma had “benefited unduly” from the construction, ordering him to pay part of the cost.
Zuma has faced both political and public wrath of the excessive spending, in a country battling rampant unemployment and inequality.

My ppl, ordinary stealing oo! undecided

http://www.punchng.com/news/south-africa-police-probe-zuma-for-corruption/

Obinoscopy, Seun, Aunty SuperMOD, oya make una wake up & do the needful, dis thread 4 FP gor help una sell market well, abi una nor wan buy xmas shoe? cool
Re: South African Police Probes Jacob Zuma For Ordinary $24M by slimfit1(m): 12:53am On Nov 11, 2014
Can you read that police ordinary police.
Re: South African Police Probes Jacob Zuma For Ordinary $24M by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 11, 2014
Did I just read ordinary? What makes $24 million dollars ordinary? Is it because he is a president? Is the money too small 4 him to be probed on? How can we tackle corruption in this country if a Nigerian youth has this mentality? So as a President he has a right to get away with stealing money as long as its JUST millions of dollars? Dude u need to change Ur mentality
Re: South African Police Probes Jacob Zuma For Ordinary $24M by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:33am On Nov 11, 2014
Zedric:
Did I just read ordinary? What makes $24 million dollars ordinary? Is it because he is a president? Is the money too small 4 him to be probed on? How can we tackle corruption in this country if a Nigerian youth has this mentality? So as a President he has a right to get away with stealing money as long as its JUST millions of dollars? Dude u need to change Ur mentality
Dude, I purposely used dat word cos bigger sums 've vanished in2 thing air under his watch & dat am tryin 2 add some humor 2 it. Garrit? angry
Re: South African Police Probes Jacob Zuma For Ordinary $24M by Bishop4bella(m): 2:55am On Nov 11, 2014
Their president never wish up. We call it Authority stealing here (fela kuti) and who there questioned my president on his looting.
When will our police, EFCC and the rest wish up. I think Buhari is right for jailing in terms of foreign current.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Politics In Nigeria / Bomb Blast In Nger BBC / I Will Rather Leave Politics Than Quit PDP - Imoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.