Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba (1477 Views)

On The Sahaba Again: A Reminder May Benefit The Believers.... / The Actual Shia Position On The Sahaba / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 11, 2014
Among the principles of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah is the attitude of peace and purity of their heart and tongue towards the Sahaba (Companions) of the Prophet (saw) as Allaah has stated their attributes in this verse :

"And those who came after them say : 'Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful" (Surah Al-Hashr, 59:10)
Re: The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba by Tayras: 4:04am On Nov 11, 2014
You just stated one....
Re: The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba by AlBaqir(m): 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
TheLight001:
Among the principles of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah is the attitude of peace and purity of their heart and tongue towards the Sahaba (Companions) of the Prophet (saw) as Allaah has stated their attributes in this verse :

"And those who came after them say : 'Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful" (Surah Al-Hashr, 59:10)

The ayah is crystal clear in its Tafsir going by the underlined statement:

Having hatred, abusing or cursing "those who have believed" is a sign of being Munafiq as many sahih ahadith proved.

However, those who disbelieved and deviated from the right path after they had believed or pretended to, are far from this.

Qur'an states
"And you will be three kinds. So, Companions of the Right Hand, who will be Companions of the right hand? And companions of the Left Hand, who will be Companions of the Left Hand? And those foremost will be foremost." ~Q.56:7-10

No doubt the Foremost group are the nearest to Allah - the Prophets, Messengers, Awliyah et al.

Others from their generations, community, nations etc among their followers will occupy Right and Left group.

Identification
"And Those who disbelieved in Our verses, they will be Companions of the Left Hand. The Fire will be shut over them."
~Qur'an 90: 19-20

Prophet's Clarification
Imam Bukhari in his Sahih documented this hadith of Ibn Abbas:

'The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "You will be resurrected bare-footed, naked and uncircumcised." Then he recited:{As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it: a promise We have undertaken. Truly, We shall do it} [21:104]. He continued: "The first to be dressed will be Ibrahim. Then, some of my SAHABAH will be taken towards the Right side AND TOWARDS THE LEFT SIDE. So, I will say: 'My Sahabah! It will be said, 'THEY HAD BEEN APOSTATES SINCE YOU LEFT THEM.' I will then say as the Righteous servant, 'Isa b. Maryam, said: {And I was a witness over them whilst I lived amongst them. But, when You caused me to die, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, You, only You, are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise} [5:117-118]'

~Sahih al-Bukhari vol. 3 p. 1271, #3263

This hadith ends with the following:
'Muhammad b. Yusuf narrated from Abu 'Abd Allah that Qubaysah said: "They were those who apostatized during the time of Abu Bakar. So Abu Bakar, may Allah be pleased with him, fought them."

Really that was personal claim of Qubaysah. The holy prophet's wording are too explicit in the categories his sahabas will be divided. And those whom Abu Bakar fought were not even inhabitant of Medina who used to keep the holy prophet's company. The specifications of the deviators were so glaring that:

Anas b. Malik reports that
"The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Some persons from amongst those who kept me company will meet me at the Lake-fount. I will see them, and they will be presented to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. [b]I will say: 'O my Lord, my Sahabah! My Sahabah.' It will be said to me: 'You do not know what they INNOVATED after you.'"
~Sahih Muslim, vol. 4, p. 1800, #2304 (40)

This is the true belief as per the companions of the prophet. Respect, prayers and praise to those who truly believe and never deviated from their faith even after the demise of their master. Those who apostatised should be learnt from so that we do not fall prey of their mistakes. Campaigning that ALL of them altogether are righteous and people of Jannah irrespective of their crimes is innovation which is contradictory against Quran and sunnah. Likewise cursing or abusing them is immaturity.

May Allah guide our hearts aright.

1 Like

Re: The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
AlBaqir:

The ayah is crystal clear in its Tafsir going by the underlined statement:

Having hatred, abusing or cursing "those who have believed" is a sign of being Munafiq as many sahih ahadith proved.

However, those who disbelieved and deviated from the right path after they had believed or pretended to, are far from this.

Qur'an states
"And you will be three kinds. So, Companions of the Right Hand, who will be Companions of the right hand? And companions of the Left Hand, who will be Companions of the Left Hand? And those foremost will be foremost." ~Q.56:7-10

No doubt the Foremost group are the nearest to Allah - the Prophets, Messengers, Awliyah et al.

Others from their generations, community, nations etc among their followers will occupy Right and Left group.

Identification
"And Those who disbelieved in Our verses, they will be Companions of the Left Hand. The Fire will be shut over them."
~Qur'an 90: 19-20

Prophet's Clarification
Imam Bukhari in his Sahih documented this hadith of Ibn Abbas:

'The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "You will be resurrected bare-footed, naked and uncircumcised." Then he recited:{As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it: a promise We have undertaken. Truly, We shall do it} [21:104]. He continued: "The first to be dressed will be Ibrahim. Then, some of my SAHABAH will be taken towards the Right side AND TOWARDS THE LEFT SIDE. So, I will say: 'My Sahabah! It will be said, 'THEY HAD BEEN APOSTATES SINCE YOU LEFT THEM.' I will then say as the Righteous servant, 'Isa b. Maryam, said: {And I was a witness over them whilst I lived amongst them. But, when You caused me to die, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, You, only You, are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise} [5:117-118]'

~Sahih al-Bukhari vol. 3 p. 1271, #3263

This hadith ends with the following:
'Muhammad b. Yusuf narrated from Abu 'Abd Allah that Qubaysah said: "They were those who apostatized during the time of Abu Bakar. So Abu Bakar, may Allah be pleased with him, fought them."

Really that was personal claim of Qubaysah. The holy prophet's wording are too explicit in the categories his sahabas will be divided. And those whom Abu Bakar fought were not even inhabitant of Medina who used to keep the holy prophet's company. The specifications of the deviators were so glaring that:

Anas b. Malik reports that
"The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Some persons from amongst those who kept me company will meet me at the Lake-fount. I will see them, and they will be presented to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. [b]I will say: 'O my Lord, my Sahabah! My Sahabah.' It will be said to me: 'You do not know what they INNOVATED after you.'"
~Sahih Muslim, vol. 4, p. 1800, #2304 (40)

This is the true belief as per the companions of the prophet. Respect, prayers and praise to those who truly believe and never deviated from their faith even after the demise of their master. Those who apostatised should be learnt from so that we do not fall prey of their mistakes. Campaigning that ALL of them altogether are righteous and people of Jannah irrespective of their crimes is innovation which is contradictory against Quran and sunnah. Likewise cursing or abusing them is immaturity.

May Allah guide our hearts aright.

Ameeen. Jazaakumullah.
Re: The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba by AlBaqir(m): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
TheLight001:

Ameeen. Jazaakumullah.

Wa iyyakum

(1) (Reply)

Make Dua For The People Of EGYPT / The Gitmo Guard Who Found Islam / Yes Allah Is Exposing Them One After The Other Because...Allah Is Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.