Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) (12048 Views)

New Project: Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow / 4 Bedroom Bungalow, All Rms Ensuite Tiled Premise, Gen House For Only 13M / Pics Of A Low Cost And Decent Newly Built 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Command, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 10:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Attached is for your advice for the two 4 bedroom bungalow, to be built on 50 by 100 ft land. which would be more economical and in terms of design which is better? I have to choose one from both.

Thank you
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2014
attached is the pics

Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by kenazuu(m): 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Please Builders/Arch your professional input is needed. Thank u
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
still waiting for the professional advice on which design is better
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by Castos(m): 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
I roll with the second design, the spaces were well utilised and whole. Hey! Someone might prefer the first design though. #ARC. CASTOS#
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
@Castos, thank you sir.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by Castos(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
simonvic:
@Castos, thank you sir.
welcome
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by NL1960: 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Castos:
I roll with the second design, the spaces were well utilised and whole. Hey! Someone might prefer the first design though. #ARC. CASTOS#

Support your choice of second design.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by kenazuu(m): 7:11am On Nov 12, 2014
good
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by Ymodulus: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2014
First Design
This design has functionality and too me is more ideal. Provided you want to spend cash this of which you said you don't want too. However from the look of things, there will be no much discrepancy as to cost between both designs ( Note : provided finishes remains constant ). However I believe that design one will be more beautiful when designed than 2

Second Design
Sir there are problems with the second design. The location of the Kitchen and Kitchen exit point opposite the Entrance to the house in my opinion is bad due to Aroma, also throwing waste its not ideal for a woman to come out of the kitchen with waste and visitors entering are seeing her. Also I think in design two there are too many unnecessary block works close to the sitting room and bedroom. All those demarcation are unnecessary too me. And the placement of the dining in relation to the living room and sitting room is not great to me.

Conclusion
If you want cheapness go for design 2. If you want functionality go for design 1. I won't talk about beauty or aesthetics here as that is largely a play of the finishing or interior decor. Space within the building matters alot please do not sacrifised this for cost

My Opinion
Go for design 1. Building is a one time thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by Ymodulus: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2014
I just took another in-dept look. Sir can you please get an architect drawing? I understand you might be trying to save cost but design two looks shabby. I just found out that I don't know where the entrance is.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by diordaves(m): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2014
I will go for the first plan. The second plan is not working for me. Why?

Lets take a more careful look at plan two:

Dining: the dining has no window which means it will be too dark, humid and the after smell of meals will hang in the air for a long time if not permanently. For example, if you close the door to the living room, close the door to the kitchen, close the door to the lobby you will be having your meal in complete darkness in broad daylight. Dining without window in such a big house is a big no no!

Master Bedroom: the proposed Master Bedroom in plan two is the poorest room in the house. How? It has only one window. The Master Bedroom should be the richest room in the house with minimum two windows for cross ventilation.

Kitchen: the kitchen is sharing a common wall with the proposed master bedroom. This may pose a health hazard like carbon monoxide poisoning and fire hazard to occupant of the room. The threat of fire is more pronounced if you do your ceiling with PVC. This may mean you will need to deck the kitchen if you keep the plan.

The Guess Room: the living room is effectively cutting the house into two separate halves. This means for example if you have a favorite member of the family visiting and you are may be a young family with young children, the kids will need to go through the living to see the liked guess and this may be disruptive if you are hosting visitors making no real meaning and less use of the family living area.

SOLUTION: You and your family will be the ones living in this house so look at your family setting but I will do it differently. I will either adopt plan one or improve plan two to accommodate above suggestions. I will swap the master bedroom to the room close to the proposed guess room, I will incorporate the guess room into the main house, I will knock down the dividing wall between the kitchen and the family living area to have a large dinner kitchen. This means the kids can be playing or doing their homework while the wifey is cooking and still monitor the kids.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by eghosajohnny: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2014
I am a builder and my choice is plan one cos its accessible and very through to traffic and air but the second plan is blocked from the dinning area, so I strongly advice you use the plan one
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by SMALLPENIS(f): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
I'll advise you go for plan 1
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by astrolnet: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
There is a major issue with the design; Space arrangement, that's one must pass through the sittingroom before entering semi and private part of the h house. I know u might say that onr can enter the house via kitchen veranda but can a visitor do that?

SOLUTION: Since u have provided an anteroom which is a good thing. It is good that the sittingroom and diningroom be on the same side that's either on the right side or left side.
From the anteroom u access the sittingroom, a lobby or corridor and maybe a guest room. Then from the lobby to kitchen and bedrooms.
U can as well move from anteroom to sittingroom then from sittingroom to lobby before entering either kitchen or bedrooms.
This way u can access the remaining part of the house without passing via the sittingroom.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
I want to say a big thank you to everyone, @ diordaves and @ Ymodulus thank for for the in depth explanation, attached is modification done on plan 2.

Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by egopersonified(f): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
Egopersonify:

What is this now, erh, why you wan impersonate me? Make I attach disclaimer for my siggy before them go think same na my other moniker.

Op, I prefer the first design, two windows for the master bedroom, while the second design's master bedroom has just one window.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by astrolnet: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
The issue of everyone passing via the sittingroom has not be addressed.

Another issue is that of the movement in the kitchen; the 3 doors in the kitchen are wrongly positioned thereby by causing problem while arranging kitchen cabinets. U need I-SHAPE, L-SHAPE or U-SHAPE kitchen cabinet arrangement.

Any diagonal movement created by door positions in a kitchen is bad. Always make sure that all ur doors no matter how many there are should be on one side that's "I-SHAPE movement" as against DIAGONAL movement.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
thank you all. I will go with the first plan.

Thank u once again and Godbless
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by Ymodulus: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
[size=17pt]Simonvic[/size],

1. Position of the STORE and UTILITY: I Will say you totally have the utility removed and move the store to the position of the utility. Reason been that a store should have a window to the outside of a building for smell sake. Also the position of your store close to the bedroom is a no-no for me. I dont see the use of the utility

2. DINING to KITCHEN DOOR ( Brown Color ):
Please push back the dining to kitchen door so it can come downwards and readjust kitchen, because from the look of things you will have a hard time positioning the pipes of your sink and others. Remove the set-back of 2250 mm make it straight, this will then enable you properly adjust the dining room to kitchen room access. The way your kitchen door is located at the middle of the kitchen demarcation is wrong. Too clear access. Also i think ventilation will be a problem here.

3. Guest Room ( Area marked white ):
Push it back wards and re-arrange the location of the toilet. I noticed your toilet window for the visitors is close to the family living room area and you see smells can be bad. Also you probably do not want to hear funny sounds of a visitor using the toilet ( e.g flushing, a visitor stooling etc ). Just readjust this and push all that backwards.

4. Sitting Room to Guest room Lane ( Straight Yellow line ):
Its bad in my opinion, sir someone in the sitting room will see through the visitor area. Also sir i think its too open privacy. You get me.

5. AREA MARKED BLUE:
Re-adjust all those area completely.

MY OPINION:
Go for plan 1 if you cant completely re-dress the lapses in plan 2

Thanks
Ymodulus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
I'm an architect and interior designer,Plan one is better,there should be free passage through the dining without having to disturb people that are wining and dining,so,you should stick to plan 2
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by iamrealdeji(m): 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
I'm an architect and interior designer,Plan 2 is better,there should be free passage through the dining without having to disturb people that are wining and dining,so,you should stick to plan 2
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by KolaShangOne(m): 8:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
It seems OP likes plan 2 that's why he's trying to adjust it.
Good points by Ymodulus.

Most kitchen stores don't av openings / windows though.

I also like Master Bedrooms at edges.

Go for plan 1. Easier to build for me cheesy
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 10:10am On Nov 13, 2014
Thank you to all the expert/pro in the house.

what we finally did, please your contribution is also needed.

Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by DArchitect(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2014
Plan 1 Is more architecturally sound in terms of organization and spactial arrangement...
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by NL1960: 10:37am On Nov 13, 2014
simonvic:

I was fascinated with the family living room that you added in Plan 2. I see the Guest Bedroom in this latest plan opening to the sitting room. If you are having a private discussion or private time with the family and you have a guest around in the Guest bedroom, will there be privacy again?. A friend of mine had something like this for his bungalow and when i saw it, i advised him not to make the entrance to the guest bedroom to open to the sitting room.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by diordaves(m): 10:54am On Nov 13, 2014
The final plan is doable.

Note that you will never get a consensus because we are different in our interpretation of life. I will advise you take on board some suggestions and move on. The truth is that we don't really know your life style and some of the things you hold dear and can only suggest based on the things WE hold dear. Remember its all about you.

However, the final plan is doable with these suggestion:

1) The house has only two exits (?): the main entrance and the Masters Bedroom. Please also add an exit (door) and veranda in the kitchen for fire escape and easy access to the gas cylinder. I recommend gas cylinders should be outside.

2) Deck the kitchen; and finally

3) Add a third door to the kitchen so you can access the kitchen without going through the living room, then you are good to go.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by NL1960: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
diordaves:
The final plan is doable.

Note that you will never get a consensus because we are different in our interpretation of life. I will advise you take on board some suggestions and move on. The truth is that we don't really know your life style and some of the things you hold dear and can only suggest based on the things WE hold dear. Remember its all about you.

However, the final plan is doable with these suggestion:

1) The house has only two exits (?): the main entrance and the Masters Bedroom. Please also add an exit (door) and veranda in the kitchen for fire escape and easy access to the gas cylinder. I recommend gas cylinders should be outside.

2) Deck the kitchen; and finally

3) Add a third door to the kitchen so you can access the kitchen without going through the living room, then you are good to go.

Good points. Do not really know what @simonvic wants to do with the utility room. But as you said, life styles differ. I would have suggested that the utility room there be made the veranda/exit for the kitchen. A wife does not necessary have to be inside the kitchen all the time when cooking. She can relax in the veranda while the meat is boiling.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Thank all, I have really learn a lot from everyone of you.

the utility there is exit for the kitchen but plan to place washing machine there instead of having laundry inside the house.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by mufutau55(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
simonvic:

I will also prefer to have an EXIT door in the Kitchen... (Emergency Dash-Out and more Ventilation)
Or if the Kitchen is open to the Utility room, then an Exit door at the Utility room will be good.

Hajji M.
Re: 4 BEDROOM BUNGALOW ( WHICH IS BETTER design) by simonvic: 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Thank you to everyone of you that has taken time to enlightened me. I finally decided to go with Plan 1. I will update the house as soon as the project commence by His Grace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian House Plan: Construction Of a 4-units 2-bedroom Blocks Of Flat / How To Calculate Number Of Blocks To Fence 100 By 100 / China-factory Door-to-door One-stop Sales For Builders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.