Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. (2323 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / Married Guys, Please Step Up Your Game In The Bedroom!! / Parents, How Will You Handle This Without Embarrasing Yourself ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
This is a TRUE life story.

I was in a commuter bus returning home from a journey that took me to Enugu when suddenly one of my co-passenger burst out crying after receiving a call. This young handsome man in his mid 30s wept bitterly cursing and throwing tantrums after receiving this mysterious call before I summoned the courage to inquire what's wrong with him.

Amidst tears, he narrated his ordeal: "I left for my hometown in Udi for a burial 4 days ago and dropped 20k for my nursing wife who just put to bed barely a week. As soon as I had left for this journey, my wife went to my shop and ordered my boys to release additional 15k to her. My boys protested but she made her way to the drawer and took the money. Just now my boys called me that she went back to the shop and took another 20k, even tore all their sales entry where they record sales and she is just leaving my shop now. I called her yesterday and question her why she should go for another money and she said it is for the baby....that she need to take proper care of her child. Further calling her to discuss the matter she refused picking my calls. The worst is that HER MOTHER is right there with her. ***More tears freely dropped from the guy eye***

In that confusion, he dialled his Father in law and reported the incident. Father inlaw sympathise with him and promise to call him back immediately. Twenty minutes into the journey, his father inlaw call back and they discussed a while. Immediately, the young man moody face lighten up and he announced to us his co-travellers: "My father in law said he believe his wife is instigating the daughter to BAD behaviour and that he has ordered her back to his house or her parent's house if she fails to respond immediately. According to him, the father inlaw promise to refund whatever amount his wife and daughter collected without his consent.

Guys, how would you have handled this if you were in the young man shoe?
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by Kanwulia: 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
I can't answer because I find to difficult to relate with ANY of the characters in such a NOLLYWOOD "skit/burlesque" kiss

My prayer? May I NEVER!
Amen. kiss

6 Likes

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wonderful. My head's spinning.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
I am not married but let me be sincere,
"YOU ARE AN AMEBO"

3 Likes

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by cococandy(f): 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
When Africans learn to stay away from their kids marriages,we will have happier unions.
Poor guy he did the best he could under the circumstances I'm sure when he gets home he will finish it up with a stern warning so that wifey will think well before acting next time.

Good father in law BTW.

2 Likes

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by EfemenaXY: 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
Only a wussie of a "man" would cry so openly and unashamedly in public.

And then to yap about his marital issues? Abeg this your tori get as e be, jare.

8 Likes

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by 2legit2qwt: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
Why woulda negro cry over 35k in a public transit? Sounds like a made up story. What do you want an opinion on? The p**sy reporting to his inlaw or his thug of a wife? And op, you're nosy, learn to mind your business.

1 Like

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

And then to yap about his marital issues? Abeg this your tori get as e be, jare.

Definitely get as e be.

Unless he's suffering from post partum depression himself, I see no reason for anyone to be wailing and crying over this issue as if someone just died.

3 Likes

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by MARKone(m): 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
Pathetic!

So because the woman, went and forcefully took extra 35k without the man's consent, that is why the man was "crying bitterly" or were you, OP, exaggerating. The man is a weakling, the reason why the wife saw it that the husband will not do anything, but to cry and after wards call father in law, who will pick up bill, Odiegwu.

At your question, definitely I will not call anybody, if it is to happen to me, it is either I leave the money and pretend that it did not happen or I will collect the money back from her, garnished with a very serious warning not to pull that stunt again....I will go for the later, because ignoring her, will embolden her to snatch more. Bottom line, it is dependent on the level of respect the man has been able to build in his wife, because if the woman had an iota of respect for the husband, she, would have at least called the man, telling him that she is taking the money whether he agrees or not.

1 Like

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by bennyrazz: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Some women behave like kids and the woman in question is one. What is she using the money for? no matter how small, a wise man does not live above his means. If he's crying cuz of 35k? do you know the other financial recklessness the wife as committed and he simply can't take it any more? probably he's being bottling up other atrocities the wife have committed. Any woman that wants you to live above your means as a man is a very wicked/selfish woman. And I urge you to do away with them fast else you might end up mortgaging your future and when the money is gone, she disappears. To me o, the woman needs to be dealt with in a harsh way.

3 Likes

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I don't know what the man must have been passing through in the hands of his wife but his emotions that day is a reflection of his situation.

I'd not made up this story. I swear it happened.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 11:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
2legit2qwt:
Why woulda negro cry over 35k in a public transit? Sounds like a made up story. What do you want an opinion on? The p**sy reporting to his inlaw or his thug of a wife? And op, you're nosy, learn to mind your business.

What do you understand by the word 'nosey' or you just brandish it to expose your immaturity?

Maybe you expect the wife to run down his trading business because he is the only one that ever got a wife and kid.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
MARKone:
Pathetic!

So because the woman, went and forcefully took extra 35k without the man's consent, that is why the man was "crying bitterly" or were you, OP, exaggerating. The man is a weakling, the reason why the wife saw it that the husband will not do anything, but to cry and after wards call father in law, who will pick up bill, Odiegwu.

At your question, definitely I will not call anybody, if it is to happen to me, it is either I leave the money and pretend that it did not happen or I will collect the money back from her, garnished with a very serious warning not to pull that stunt again....I will go for the later, because ignoring her, will embolden her to snatch more. Bottom line, it is dependent on the level of respect the man has been able to build in his wife, because if the woman had an iota of respect for the husband, she, would have at least called the man, telling him that she is taking the money whether he agrees or not.

The man left 20k for upkeep before he travelled and in less than 4 days madam had forcefully collected 35k making it 55k.
Marriage that is barely a year.

If you deduct that amount from the guys business in such manner, will he be able to support his home in the future?

Pray you don't come across a Bad woman, you may even consider suicide not crying

1 Like

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by EfemenaXY: 11:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
ileobatojo:

Definitely get as e be.

Unless he's suffering from post partum depression himself, I see no reason for anyone to be wailing and crying over this issue as if someone just died.

Ile baby, na so we see am. undecided

Anyway, how've you been? Long time o! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by cococandy(f): 11:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
He probably wasn't crying because of the money or that single event. Who knows if he just got to his wits ends at that particular moment. Sometimes it take a lot of energy to not lash out. Such repressed emotions could result in tears. He prolly would have done something a long time ago that would be seen as battering his nursing wife or his visiting mother in law.

Nigerian marriages need less mother- in-law drama and spouses who can't put their mothers in place instead allowing them wreck havoc in their marriage

1 Like

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by 2legit2qwt: 12:20am On Nov 12, 2014
AlienSPY:

What do you understand by the word 'nosey' or you just brandish it to expose your immaturity?

Maybe you expect the wife to run down his trading business because he is the only one that ever got a wife and kid.

Too hasty mister. Read again, the poster is the nose poker wink
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 12:44am On Nov 12, 2014
2legit2qwt:

Too hasty mister. Read again, the poster is the nose poker wink

lemme indulge you. If I willingly TELL you my challenges and sought your advice, does that make you a nosey person?

I use to think a nosey person delve into people's concern uninvited.

1 Like

Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 12:56am On Nov 12, 2014
cococandy:
He probably wasn't crying because of the money or that single event. Who knows if he just got to his wits ends at that particular moment. Sometimes it take a lot of energy to not lash out. Such repressed emotions could result in tears. He prolly would have done something a long time ago that would be seen as battering his nursing wife or his visiting mother in law.

Nigerian marriages need less mother- in-law drama and spouses who can't put their mothers in place instead allowing them wreck havoc in their marriage

You got the picture.
Some suppose mature posters here thinks the man was wailing like a baby but u and I knows the cry of a adult man is shedding of tears.

The man was shedding tears, and I saw the torrent of tears gushing down his cheek like an open dam. Amidst tears he was shouting: "I swear to God almighty, I will kill this woman and go to jail. "did she born Jesus" what sort of nonsense is this" this woman is determined to kill me" marriage that is not even past a year etc

He said those in Igbo but I get to interpret it here
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by cococandy(f): 1:50am On Nov 12, 2014
AlienSPY:

: "I swear to God almighty, I will kill this woman and go to jail. "did she born Jesus" what sort of nonsense is this" this woman is determined to kill me" marriage that is not even past a year etc
undecided angry
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by Nobody: 3:18am On Nov 12, 2014
That guy has a sensible father- in-law. No one should feel trapped in their own marriage like that.
The woman is over 16 im sure, if she wants to "take care of their child" beyond the means her husband can provide, then she better get her own job and spend her own money on the child lavishly.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 7:06am On Nov 12, 2014
cococandy:
undecided angry

Anger and frustration. That man may have seen a lot.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by freecocoa(f): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2014
Hmm OP, this kind story, he not only cried but also announced whatever he discussed with his FIL to everyone in the bus, I hear you, even if the man dey get mental problem sef.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by ogawisdom(m): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2014
U got creative writing skill but needs to sharpen ur flow undecided this story is nt a bad one. I expect sth beta in d future wink

A lot didn't added up in d storyline so its miles aways frm reality
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by MARKone(m): 10:44am On Nov 12, 2014
AlienSPY:

The man left 20k for upkeep before he travelled and in less than 4 days madam had forcefully collected 35k making it 55k.
Marriage that is barely a year.

If you deduct that amount from the guys business in such manner, will he be able to support his home in the future?

Pray you don't come across a Bad woman, you may even consider suicide not crying

My bruv, we all have our Demons, how you handle it is all that matters, cry over it, then watch it will consume you.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by CBNIM: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Hmm OP, this kind story, he not only cried but also announced whatever he discussed with his FIL to everyone in the bus, I hear you, even if the man dey get mental problem sef.
Hahahahahaha! Nobi small tin ooo, I tire for the op jare! Which kind story be that!
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by freecocoa(f): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
CBNIM:

Hahahahahaha! Nobi small tin ooo, I tire for the op jare! Which kind story be that!
He prolly said "listen everybody, that was my FIL, he's settled everything, blah blah blah", mscshew.
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Ile baby, na so we see am. undecided

Anyway, how've you been? Long time o! kiss kiss kiss

I'm doing good. Thanks dear smiley
Re: Married Guys, How Would You Handle This. by AlienSPY: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
freecocoa:
He prolly said "listen everybody, that was my FIL, he's settled everything, blah blah blah", mscshew.

Honestly I was actually sitting beside the guy. 3 passengers on each seat row from Nsukka to PH with PEACE MASS. Remember I made mention of inquiring what the matter was with him after he received the first call from his boys at his shop and started shedding tears.

The truth is that the guy became confused and unable to handle what had hit him- a bad wife from hell. When he raged and couldn't control his emotions, it drew the attention of the other passengers which majority were women. Some counselled, other sympathised whereas others encouraged him. It became an emotional tense situation when he finally explained situation at hand.

Obviously, calling the Father in law was the last resort and the man was able to put a smile back on his face. The young man confessed that he is happy not because the father in law promise to refund to him the excesses taken by his daughter and her mother but seeing a gentleman who understands and ready to stop the insensitivity of the wife.

This actually took place. I can't lie for what it is worth.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Spouse Who Doesn't Clean After Themselves Properly / Trans Woman Takes A Picture EVERYDAY For 8 Mnths To Show Dramatic Transformation / A Man Set Ablaze Because Of Being Intimate With His Mother In Enugu (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.