Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Popular Nigerian Urban Legends - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Popular Nigerian Urban Legends (2159 Views)

These Western Urban Legends Will Send Chills Down Your Spine! / How Many Greek Legends Were Really True / Fulani/ Hausa Myths, Mythology And Legends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Nigerian Urban Legends by RedHotChic(f): 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2008
Tell us one popular urban legend you grew up hearing in Nigeria. Are there some of the urban legends that are so convincing and believable even as adults?. Like the aare ona kakanfo urban legend, people getting blessing for drinking the sultans birth water, refusing to marry the oba after he asks you for marriage, snapping Ekiti masqurade and getting a picture of lizard instead, putting roasted human beings in the closet for money rituals etc. Also, is generally juju an urban legend?. How do we purge our mind from that mentality as a nation?

I still remember when they tell us that if you eat jollof rice at night, your face will swell in the morning.
Re: Popular Nigerian Urban Legends by biolabee(m): 6:37am On Nov 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

I still remember when they tell us that if you eat jollof rice at night, your face will swell in the morning.

LOL,

what of throwing ur lost tooth on the roof or if ur money/food drops on the floor devil don obtain am?
Re: Popular Nigerian Urban Legends by RedHotChic(f): 6:43am On Nov 24, 2008
I haven't heard it before o.
Re: Popular Nigerian Urban Legends by tRoOE(f): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2008
biolabee:

LOL,

what of throwing ur lost tooth on the roof or if ur money/food drops on the floor devil don obtain am?
[size=13pt]ahahahah my granny taught me did
and sometime you wish whateva u want and throw it on the roof
@Topic
Stepping on saliva gives you sour throat
[/size]
Re: Popular Nigerian Urban Legends by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2008
Urban legends that i know,the case of the man picking up a woman in the night and he finds out she is a ghost with goat legs
the case of a child dying and being reborn with the scars of the previous dead child
the case of the man who buries a child alive that pours out money.
the one about a man being so eveil that the grave rejects him.

(1) (Reply)

is this real / Emotan Of Benin / Yoruba Subgroups And Where They Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.