Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks (696 Views)

Grazing Bill: 'tread Softly, IPOB Warns S'east, S'south Governors By Steve Oko / South South Governors Meet; Ameachi And Osshimole Attends / Are South South Governors Acting On False Documents? Poor Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by RedHotChic(f): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2008
South South governors served fake drinks
From Willie Etim,Yenagoa

A LEADING supermarket in Bayelsa State was yesterday alleged to have sold fake drinks for the entertainment of South-South governors during a meeting.

The state governor, Timipre Sylva subsequently ordered the immediate closure of the supermarket.

Officials of the State Security Services (SSS) arrested the manager of the supermarket yesterday morning.

It was alleged that drinks for the entertainment of the South-South governors, including those of Bayelsa (the host), Rivers, Delta, Edo and Cross Rivers with their entourage who were in Yenagoa, for a meeting were bought from the supermarket located along the Mbiama/Yenagoa Expressway, Yenagoa.

According to the Chief of Staff, Bayelsa State Government House, Mr. Samuel Ogbuku, who disclosed this to reporters who were in his office on a courtesy visit yesterday the incident forced the governor to order the closure of the affected supermarket, while investigation into the matter was still on.

He said the alcoholic drinks included Crystal and Hennessey, saying they discovered that they were fake. "The situation in which we found ourselves yesterday during a meeting of the South-South governors was very embarrassing; we discovered that all the drinks we bought at the supermarket were fake," he said.

The Chief of Staff stated that immediately he got the directives, he intimated the office of the SSS of the development, who then proceeded to seal up the one storey building housing the supermarket.

Contacted on the development, the director of the supermarket, denied marketing fake drinks or goods, saying he was ready to carry out a laboratory test to ascertain the originality or otherwise of the drinks.

He said: "My brother, as I speak to you, I still have over 20 cartons of the Crystal drink. I buy directly from the manufacturers." He decried the arrest of his manager by security operatives.

The director said some of the governor's aides had stormed the store yesterday morning to complain of their findings. He said he had immediately given them the balance of their money, but was surprised that they later returned to collect about three bottles bought after collecting the balance; wondering how he can now determine if those were the drinks he sold.

He, however, alleged sabotage by some persons, saying he had been in the business for over 20 years. "The government people always come here to buy drinks. How can I sell fake goods to people that patronize me? I have never indulged in the sale of fake drinks," he said, reiterating his readiness to run a test on the drinks.

Meanwhile South-South Governors Forum has urged the Federal Government to adequately fund the newly created Niger Delta Ministry to address the problems affecting the region.

The call was made at the end of the meeting of the South-South governors, at Government House Yenagoa in the Bayelsa state capital.

Speaking on behalf of the governors, the chairman of the forum, Governor Liyel Imoke of Cross Rivers State yesterday commended the Federal Government for setting up the Niger Delta Ministry. He noted that the governor's forum was committed to developing the region.

While stating that they took the issue of development seriously, Imoke stated that the forum agreed to collectively embark on infrastructural projects that would impact positively on the region.

According to him, there is the need for the South-South governors to integrate their economy as a way to contribute to the development of the country's economy.

The chairman of the forum said that to address the challenges of security in the region, there was need to adopt a common strategy to tackle militancy.

Consequently, the South-South governor's Forum urged all persons engaging in the act of militancy to seek dialogue in the interest of peace and expressed their support for the Federal Government on its stance on the enforcement of law and order in the area.

Imoke explained that the forum deliberated on plans to set up a centre for information dissemination and noted that there were more negative reports on the region than positive stories.

He said: "The people of South-South are warm, hospitable and industrious, effective information dissemination will go a long way to portray the region in a positive light."

On the issue relating to the participation in the oil industry, Imoke said the forum recommended that consideration be given to businessmen from the region to participate fully in the oil sector.

He said the Forum thought it was proper that key appointments in the Nigerian National Petroleum corporation (NNPC) and Petroleum Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) and other government parastatals have adequate representation from the region and called on the Federal Government to give consideration to these issues.

Earlier the Forum welcomed the new Edo State Governor Adams Oshomole into their fold being the first time he would be attending the meeting following his victory at the court.

Other governors at the meeting included the host governor, Chief Timipre Sylva, Governor Emmanuel Uduagha from Delta State, Chibuike Rotimi Amechi from Rivers State. The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief Godswil Akpobio was absent.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/22/3.html
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by scottN(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2008
I hope its a wake up call for them on fake products(Thanx to Dora!). However, I'm glad my gov was absent grin
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by RedHotChic(f): 8:57am On Nov 24, 2008
Next will be fake prostitutes. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by geolabious(m): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2008
[size=13pt]Thats Good for them[/size] grin cheesy
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2008
serves them right. thieves and fools, having a champagne party at taxpayers' expense
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by diggler(m): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2008
@ geolabious

U are right

If i'm not mistaken, them drinks are supposed to be on the banned imports list.
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by c33b33(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2008
are you guys blaming the governors or the super market?!or are politicians not suppose to drink during their gatherings?!NAFDAC should visit that supermarket and ascertain if the goods are original cool
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by MrCrackles(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2008
Serves the baggers right!

I am a bit pissed they didnt get a really nasty gut disorder or stomach upset from it

Fucking drinking cristal and Hennie, when the masses are suffering

Bloody wankers!
Re: Roflmao:south South Governors Served Fake Drinks by RedHotChic(f): 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2008
May be they served them ogogoro in Hennesey bottle. Beware of Made in Aba products. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Krista Nicole Endorses Barack Obama / Nuhu Ribadu:is There Any Hope For Nigeria? / Are We Paying Phcn For Consumption Or Maintenance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.