Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

(Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram (17431 Views)

Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured / Another Fallen Hero Was Killed By Bokoharam Yesterday!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 8:13am On Nov 13, 2014
christopher123:

My man ur writing thesis

Give these combatants isreali uzzi or howitzer they cant use it..why

Majority of them aint got education...they are trained in hausa and there is common sense application low

Just like givin an iphone 6 to an illiterate..he wont use the full capacity

Dont blame the gun blame the morale

Now isis are stoped in south turkey with just riffles

Dont under estimate the will power

Look at biafran war

Locals produced their weapons held the whole country hostage tears and years

Bro u point is noted I only replied an individual in his same words..info now is dat the NA seems 2 have learnt their lessons a lot of educated individuals are making it easily into the army ..my neighbour is atypical example..ND holder with no connections in the army.he.is in depot right now....we are.learning

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by christopher123(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2014
Cannonleo:

Bro u point is noted I only replied an individual in his same words..info now is dat the NA seems 2 have learnt their lessons a lot of educated individuals are making it easily into the army ..my neighbour is atypical example..ND holder with no connections in the army.he.is in depot right now....we are.learning

Dont mind them...you will see people that really want to join army they will be told to pay
.can u imagine that

They recruit bunch of cowards and expect anything

I have always loved military but due to the fact i dont know any general i couldnt join and i cant join again...got better things

This is where tribalism has landed us

They should win that war or we divide..those are options left

Your post was good

Gave a nice post...
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2014
christopher123:

My man ur writing thesis

Give these combatants isreali uzzi or howitzer they cant use it..why

Majority of them aint got education...they are trained in hausa and there is common sense application low

Just like givin an iphone 6 to an illiterate..he wont use the full capacity

Dont blame the gun blame the morale

Now isis are stoped in south turkey with just riffles

Dont under estimate the will power

Look at biafran war

Locals produced their weapons held the whole country hostage tears and years

Dnt forget that I said good doctrine....NDA needs 2 do a loot of work.the military also needs 2 change its trainning methods..the act of turning men into animals via koboko and body punishing actions rather than training their minds and heads plus to their legs..to be creative underfire,alert and swift in advancement..this is.the reason why the army usually brutalize civilians..u will always here from them"u know wetin i suffer join army"...trainning should be made to harness the mindset of every recruit and combant of adventure and service(if they really have it) discipline.slowly creeps in during trainning..dat is our fundamental problem NA dont turn men 2 animals turn them 2 fighters

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by PapiWata: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2014
komekn:

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU as well as Papiwata

Things have moved on guys, you really need an update in perspective and capacity.

The supposed advantage the AK47 did have has been overtaken by more contemporary assault rifles that have CLEAR OVERIDING ADAVANTAGE [/b]over the antiquated AK47.

The AK47 is supposedly reliable dependant on procurement, the Russian variants are mostly reliable not so the Chinese , Nigerian variants etc (numerous complaints about NA ak47s regularly jamming right in a fire fight) so it is rugged, simplistic in its mechanisms and therefore easily maintained.[b] I WILL GIVE THAT TO YOU.
but so is a peugeot 504, 505 does'nt make it better than an Merc GL500.

What’s the effective range of an AK47 ? 300 metres that’s at best in perfect conditions, however, considering its heavy recoil and loss of velocity of its 7.62x 39mm round it’s far from accurate. Add to that a stress of adrenalin flowing battle conditions and the absence of optical sights you’re really talking about an effective range of 150 metres or even much less and not head shots but body.

Compare that to a Heckler & Koch G36 assault rifle which in the G36A1 variant has twin optical sights and an effective range of 800metres plus, very limited recoil and super accuracy. The 5.56x45mm doesn’t have a loss of velocity like the AK and therefore causes a lot more damage furthermore the precision of the G36 means less rounds are expended because of its greater accuracy.

I will explain using the example of a very brave Nigerian combatant with his AK47 facing multiple boko blood thirsty terrorists. A single boko fighter has to go within 50 metres of the NA combatant to ensure a hit (reflection of the inaccurate AK47) at this stage brave NA combatant has probably run out of ammo and engages the boko fighter hand to hand and makes a run for it (i pray he made it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWdOLwOJfE

We can see in the vid the boko idiot with GPMG expending rounds wildly but with zero hits indeed the whole bunch are shooting with their AKs at about 300metres range at our brave NA combatant with no hits. That’s why they have to a go a lot closer to make a hit.

Now if he had a G36 (dual optical sights standard), he could pick off the lot of them head shots at 300 metres almost with a near 100 % hit rate dependant on his ability. That boko idiot that crossed the brook would not have been able to cross the brook before he will be facing his 70 virgins. He our brave combatant could then beat a devastating tactical retreat plucking boko off one by one as he retreats even at 800 metres. This is what gives you overriding advantage not numbers but precision weaponry.

Below a video of German Special Forces using a G36 at night firing from the hip and hitting targets at 700 metres in near pitch darkness using night vision (standard issue for any modern army), this is just to buttress my point. I am only using the G36 as an example there are a number of assault rifles HK416, SCAR FN mk16,etc , that have better ruggedness and reliability than the AK47 but with far, far, greater accuracy and

The next question you would want to ask, is how much will it cost to get 10,000 units of these desperately neede G36A1's to our boys in the theatre of the NE probably less than what TAN have spent on publicity and what it cost to have the constitutional (waste of time) conference.

Hello Komekn. I have followed your authoritative and insightful posts on weaponry and military tactics dating back to when Sirius Black's daily war-front pictures were posted in this forum. The above breakdown on the cost effectiveness and combat efficiency attainable through the deployment of optical sighted weapons, preferably with night vision capability, is a fine demonstrative example of your credentials as a military analyst, YET, the trusty old iron-sighted AK47 shines through whenever opposing forces close to within 50 meters of each other, which, surprisingly is by far THE most commonly recorded distance at which such frenzied front-line combat occurs.

For their clandestine missions behind enemy lines, Nigerian Special Forces operatives are almost assuredly issued with the finest long-range sniper rifles that money can buy, and it does not take too much of a leap in logic to presume that those elite troopers also field rifles with night-vision sights, HOWEVER, due to the game-changing potential of such phenomenally expensive equipment, should it fall into enemy hands, an impenetrable shroud of absolute secrecy will no doubt envelop the very existence of such shadowy components to the war arsenal of contemporary Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by persius555(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2014
Cannonleo:
Give me an ak 47 and an M 16 I will take an.ak anytime any day...the weapons is not the problem..the users are I have seen countless military guys especially this (enter army from back door guys) who cant service their rifles properly hence jammings occur.....my only grudge with the military.is that scopes are cheap 2 buy to be placed on the rifle and how many mags do they now carry(a trooper) last time I checked it was just 7mags..every trooper should treat his rifle like his wife on the battle field.. the amount of servicing and cleanliness of a troopers rifle should be his pride as it is the difference between life and death...... lipsrsealed

Rip peace bro u fought like a soldier sleep well
Brova, nice input. What do you do with an assault rifle when your attacker is seated behind a Anti Aircraft mounted on a pick up van. Our military tactics and approach should change. Continous sucessful invasion of barracks and police stations is helping to arm the insurgents. RIP to our fallen heroes.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2014
persius555:
Brova, nice input. What do you do with an assault rifle when your attacker is seated behind a Anti Aircraft mounted on a pick up van. Our military tactics and approach should change. Continous sucessful invasion of barracks and police stations is helping to arm the insurgents. RIP to our fallen heroes.

Two things can be done,,if u cant get a gud shot with an RPG 7...then a sniper is godamnnn needed else unless an infantry man is a sharpshooter with an AK with iron sights... Then only things u can do is prone when I mean prone I mean lie flat on ur stomach because AAA guns have a big defect...then cannot depress or go down below 90% down hence most of our troops are downed because they crouch not prone ..i have seen a video 2 buttress my point..and the sound scares them.how ever this is why I advocate for improvization and improvement of the AK-47 with optical acopes.it can be done and it is cheap.it will transform an infantry man into a semi sniper capable of taking down the idiot behind the technicals..rifle grenades can also help
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by christopher123(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2014
Cannonleo:

Dnt forget that I said good doctrine....NDA needs 2 do a loot of work.the military also needs 2 change its trainning methods..the act of turning men into animals via koboko and body punishing actions rather than training their minds and heads plus to their legs..to be creative underfire,alert and swift in advancement..this is.the reason why the army usually brutalize civilians..u will always here from them"u know wetin i suffer join army"...trainning should be made to harness the mindset of every recruit and combant of adventure and service(if they really have it) discipline.slowly creeps in during trainning..dat is our fundamental problem NA dont turn men 2 animals turn them 2 fighters

If you take a look at Nigerian army you will understand that they have this savage mentality, their brutality and force s funny, these days war and military is not about the force but intelligence. Look at how they burnt buses, you do not do things that way.
Today, in modern warfare, we are looking at accuracy and this is done via training. Mind you if you give these set of people that will act (iR)rationally on a slightest provocation you will shudder. I have been outside the countries and I have seen how soilders behave. Army isn’t for jobless people nor for cowards

Please let us stop blaming our armoury but on morale, lets take a look at these pictures and tell the different types of guns the terrorist and our army are using, they are basically the same, the only difference is morale. Morale wins war not guns and equipment, you can give a very sophisticated weapon but without good strong will he cant just use the damn guns , but AK 47 is the best gift Russians gace to the world in wars.
The AK-47 is the perfect weapon for children

The AK-47 can be stripped in under a minute and cleaned quickly in almost any climatic condition. Even if it isn’t cleaned, an AK-47 is still more likely to fire than any of its rivals given similar treatment on the battlefield. With only eight moving parts the AK-47 is cheap to manufacture and easy to use — so easy in fact that children can be taught how to properly handle this weapon in a single hour. Sudanese child soldier Emmanuel Jal picked up his first AK-47 when he was 9 years old. A fully loaded AK-47 weighs four kilograms: “I don’t know how I lifted the AK when I was tired. It was so heavy,” he remembers. “We only had a few AKs but we weren’t scared, it was like a game with toy guns. When the fighting starts you can put the gun down and run away, or pull the trigger. Once you’ve done that you are hooked; it makes you think that no one can touch you. Once you've fired an AK-47 you become brave.”

America may have given bin Laden his first AK-47
Since 1998, Osama bin Laden has regularly included an AK-47 in the propaganda videos he releases after terrorist outrages. Consequently, the gun has come to represent the global jihad, and AK-47 is an integral part of the regime at fundamentalist camps, as far apart as the English home counties and the jungles of the Philippines.

These groups and their adherents are dedicated to the destruction of Israel and America — yet it is highly likely that it was Israel and America that inadvertently put an AK-47 into bin Laden’s hands. When the Israel Defense Forces invaded Lebanon in 1982 to “crush” the Palestinian Liberation Organization they captured thousands of AK-47s.These guns found their way, via the CIA and the Pakistani Inter-Service Intelligence Agency, to the Mujahadeen resisting the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. It is probable that amongst them would have been the AK-47 that equips bin Laden.

The AK-47 is the U.S. army’s most resilient enemy
U.S. forces first came into large-scale contact with the AK-47 during the Vietnam War. Their own M16s malfunctioned in the heat and damp of the jungle, but the Chinese-supplied AK-47s used by the communists continued to fire. Consequently, thousands of GIs picked up AK-47s from fallen Viet Cong guerrillas. This led Americans to open fire on their own side because they presumed the distinctive pop-pop-pop sound of an AK-47 revealed an enemy position. So many GIs threw away their guns in favor of AK-47s that a House of Representatives hearing in 1971 discovered that the U.S. Army attempted to stop the media reporting the phenomenon. Today, nearly 40 years later, in the sand and heat of Iraq, American soldiers are once again giving up their own U.S.-manufactured weapons in favor of the AK-47.

The AK-47 is the weapon of choice for U.S. mass murderers
On January 17, 1989, Patrick Purdey walked into the Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, California, armed with a Chinese-manufactured AK-47. It was fitted with a barrel magazine holding 75 rounds — both of which he bought legally over a gun-shop counter. When he walked out again five children were dead and 29 were injured. In December 1997, Arturo Reyes Torres entered his former place of work, the Caltrans Maintenance Yard, with an AK-47, killed four and wounded two. There are many more examples of AK-47 murders in the U.S. The online Urban Dictionary defines “Columbine” like so: “The constant bullying of the preppies and jocks has caused him to pick up his AK-47 and go Columbine on everyone.”
Ironically, the Columbine killers did not use AK-47s, but it doesn’t matter; in America gun crime is now perceived as AK crime.

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by christopher123(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2014
There are Seven Classical Maneuvers of War: penetration of the center, envelopment of a single flank, envelopment of both flanks, attack in oblique order, feigned retreat, attack from a defensive position and the indirect approach. A commander often must employ more than one maneuver to achieve victory; he may try to penetrate the center but fail, feign a retreat and then envelop a single flank. Each has advantages and disadvantages while may be more effective in some situations and less in others. There is also One Modern Maneuver of War: offensive revolutionary/guerrilla. This maneuver has actually been around for awhile but is only now becoming a legitimate, effective means of victory. These maneuvers were first listed by David Chandler in The Art of Warfare on Land.

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE RETREAT IN WAR TACTICS....

The AK-47 was designed after World War II by the Soviets, who issued the guns to the communist army's conscripted forces. In the past few decades, the AK-47 has become one of the weapons of choice for many groups — and one of the most commonly smuggled weapons in the world.

One of the first true assault rifles, the AK-47, or Kalashnikov, was designed for soldiers who have to endure terrible conditions on the battlefield: It's light, it can carry a lot of ammunition, and it can withstand harsh weather and poor handling. The gun's design and ubiquity also have made it popular among small-arms dealers — as well as insurgents, terrorists and child soldiers.

C.J. Chivers, a Pulitzer Prize-winning war correspondent for The New York Times, has encountered the Kalashnikov while reporting from Afghanistan and Iraq. His new book, The Gun, traces the migration of the AK-47 across the world, detailing the consequences of its spread.

"It's pretty hard in many parts of the world, particularly in Afghanistan, to go [into] territory under insurgent control, and not be ambushed by Kalashnikovs," says Chivers. "Their numbers are so outsized that this is quite a common experience."

One estimate by the World Bank suggests that 100 million of the 500 million total firearms available worldwide are variations of the Kalashnikov.

"There's a lot of measures of a weapon, and one of them is how they work against a conventional foe, like the United States military," he says. "That's not the best measure. The best measure is how they work against a larger set of victims: how they work against civilians, how they work at checkpoints [and] how they work in the commission of crimes for all of these things. It's a [terribly effective] weapon."

Chivers has covered wars in Afghanistan, Iraq and Chechnya and served as the Times' Moscow correspondent from June 2004 through mid-2008. He also served as an infantry officer in the United States Marine Corps from 1988 to 1994. He received the Livingston Award for International Journalism for his coverage of the collapse of commercial fishing in the North Atlantic and shared a Pulitzer Prize in 2009 for his dispatches from Afghanistan and Pakistan.

i
C.J. Chivers is a war correspondent for The New York Times. He won a Pulitzer Prize in 2009 as part of a team of reporters and photographers reporting from Pakistan and Afghanistan.

On why child soldiers favor them

"It's out there. And the weapon that's out there is the weapon that tends to get used. But the other reason is the design. It's very, very simple. It's almost intuitive. You can take it apart very quickly and put it back together just as quickly. It's simple to clean. It's simple to maintain. Most of the Kalashnikovs out there are very well made for the actual conditions of war. It has an excellent protective finish. It's chromed on the inside of its barrel and its chamber. All of these things mean that if you're not particularly attentive in caring for it, it's still going to last and it's still going to work."

On the invention of the AK-47

"It was a weapon that was designed to be issued to the communist conscripted forces. It was going to be the standard shoulder firearm. And the Soviet Union was really quite brilliant at copying its enemies' patterns. ... The AK-47 was basically a conceptual knockoff — a copy of a German idea, which was to take a cartridge midway in size between those used by pistols and those used by the traditional rifles of the time and to take this medium-powered intermediate cartridge and build a weapon around it. And this brought several technical advantages. With a lighter-weight cartridge, you could carry more ammunition, which meant each solider could be more effective and could last longer in a fight because he would have more ammunition in his pack or kit."

"The other thing it tells you ... is that, in some ways, it's a mediocre weapon. It's not especially accurate and it's used often by people who are often not especially skilled. I'm one of them, but there's many, many more [people] who have been ambushed by Kalashnikovs and not been shot. Because they miss you. And there's reasons they miss you that are rooted in the weapon's own design and also in the training of the people that carry them."

"The weapon is designed with a relatively short barrel and it's designed with a relatively loose fit of its parts and it's got a heavy operating system and it shoots a medium-powered ammunition. At longer ranges, it's actually not incredibly effective. At shorter ranges, it's a terrible weapon. But at longer ranges — which is pretty common in the arid regions such as Afghanistan and Iraq where there's not a lot of vegetation — they often miss."

1. Mikhail Kalashnikov, who was a tank commander during World War II, began his career as a weapons designer after a shoulder injury during the Battle of Bryansk. While in hospital in 1942, he overheard wounded soldiers complaining about Soviet rifles and decided to change that.

Senior Sergeant Mikhail Kalashnikov as he designed his AK-47 assault rifle. (RIA Novosti) 2. The first Kalashnikov rifle was produced in 1947, bringing its creator the Stalin Prize and the Order of the Red Star. The AK-47 has been the standard issue assault rifle of the Soviet and then Russian army since 1949.

3. Durability, low production cost, availability and ease of use are the features, which assured AK-47 global success. Kalashnikov’s creation performs in sandy or wet conditions that jam more sophisticated weapons. The designer called it a “symbol of the creative genius” of the Russian people.

4. The AK-47 has made it into the Guinness Book of Records as the most widely spread weapon in the world, with 100 million Kalashnikov rifles currently in use.

5. Military and special forces in 106 countries around the globe from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe are now armed with AK-47s.

6. Russia not only distributes the Kalashnikov rifles all over the world, but also licensed its production in over 30 other countries, including China, Israel, India, Egypt and Nigeria.

7. It is believed that AK-47s have caused more deaths than artillery fire, airstrikes and rocket attacks combined. An estimated quarter of a million people are gunned down by bullets from Kalashnikovs every year.

8. But Mikhail Kalashnikov himself never experienced self-reproach about the blood spilled with the help of his invention as he created AK-47 for protection. “I sleep well. It’s the politicians, who are to blame for failing to come to an agreement and resorting to violence,” he said in 2007.

Former United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan displays a AK47 gun transformed to a guitar at Vienna's U.N. headquarters September 11, 2007. (Reuters / Herwig Prammer)

9. Relative cheapness has always been one of the most important advantages of AK-47. The average global price of the assault rifle was estimated at $534 in 2005, according to Oxford University economist Phillip Killicoat. Though in African countries the price of AK-47 is on average $200 cheaper.

10. Osama bin Laden always had a Kalashnikov rifle with him during his video appearances. According to some reports, it was the US, which gave the Al Qaeda founder his first AK-47 to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan.

Osama Bin Laden (Reuters / Hamid Mir / Editor / Ausaf Newspaper for Daily Dawn)11. During the Vietnam War, many American soldiers gave up their M16s for the more reliable Kalashnikov rifles, which they picked up from dead enemies. Even now, the US marines carry AK-47 magazines with them because of how common the weapon is.

12. The image of AK-47 appears on the flag of Mozambique as well as coats of arms of Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso (1984-97) and East Timor. The Kalashnikov rifle is also present on the flag of Lebanese militant organization, Hezbollah.

13. The parents in some African states name their babies ‘Kalash,’ which is another nickname for the Kalashnikov assault rifle, according to a documentary by Russia’s Channel One.

14. Russia’s top basketball player, Andrey Kirilenko, born in the city of Izhevsk, which hosts the Kalashnikov rifle factory, has played under No.47 in the NBA and was nicknamed ‘AK-47.’

15. Egypt has immortalized the AK-47 by erecting a giant monument, portraying a barrel and bayonet of a Kalashnikov rifle at the Sinai Peninsula.

16. A gold coated Kalashnikov assault rifle was recovered by US troops from the weapon collection of former Iraqi leader, Saddam Hussein.

17. Coins dedicated to Mikhail Kalashnikov and his creation were issued not only in Russia, but also in such a peaceful place as New Zealand, which marked the rifle’s 60th birthday with special two-dollar pieces. They came in cases shaped after the AK-47 magazine.

Reuters / Grant Neuenberg

18. French newspaper, Liberation, has named AK-47 the most important invention of the XX century, with the Russian rifle leaving the atomic bomb and space flight behind.

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by omololu2020(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2014
komekn:

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU as well as Papiwata

Things have moved on guys, you really need an update in perspective and capacity.

The supposed advantage the AK47 did have has been overtaken by more contemporary assault rifles that have CLEAR OVERIDING ADAVANTAGE [/b]over the antiquated AK47.

The AK47 is supposedly reliable dependant on procurement, the Russian variants are mostly reliable not so the Chinese , Nigerian variants etc (numerous complaints about NA ak47s regularly jamming right in a fire fight) so it is rugged, simplistic in its mechanisms and therefore easily maintained.[b] I WILL GIVE THAT TO YOU.
but so is a peugeot 504, 505 does'nt make it better than an Merc GL500.

What’s the effective range of an AK47 ? 300 metres that’s at best in perfect conditions, however, considering its heavy recoil and loss of velocity of its 7.62x 39mm round it’s far from accurate. Add to that a stress of adrenalin flowing battle conditions and the absence of optical sights you’re really talking about an effective range of 150 metres or even much less and not head shots but body.

Compare that to a Heckler & Koch G36 assault rifle which in the G36A1 variant has twin optical sights and an effective range of 800metres plus, very limited recoil and super accuracy. The 5.56x45mm doesn’t have a loss of velocity like the AK and therefore causes a lot more damage furthermore the precision of the G36 means less rounds are expended because of its greater accuracy.

I will explain using the example of a very brave Nigerian combatant with his AK47 facing multiple boko blood thirsty terrorists. A single boko fighter has to go within 50 metres of the NA combatant to ensure a hit (reflection of the inaccurate AK47) at this stage brave NA combatant has probably run out of ammo and engages the boko fighter hand to hand and makes a run for it (i pray he made it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWdOLwOJfE

We can see in the vid the boko idiot with GPMG expending rounds wildly but with zero hits indeed the whole bunch are shooting with their AKs at about 300metres range at our brave NA combatant with no hits. That’s why they have to a go a lot closer to make a hit.

Now if he had a G36 (dual optical sights standard), he could pick off the lot of them head shots at 300 metres almost with a near 100 % hit rate dependant on his ability. That boko idiot that crossed the brook would not have been able to cross the brook before he will be facing his 70 virgins. He our brave combatant could then beat a devastating tactical retreat plucking boko off one by one as he retreats even at 800 metres. This is what gives you overriding advantage not numbers but precision weaponry.

Below a video of German Special Forces using a G36 at night firing from the hip and hitting targets at 700 metres in near pitch darkness using night vision (standard issue for any modern army), this is just to buttress my point. I am only using the G36 as an example there are a number of assault rifles HK416, SCAR FN mk16,etc , that have better ruggedness and reliability than the AK47 but with far, far, greater accuracy and DEADLY PRECISION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bn3GvvkA6U

The next question you would want to ask, is how much will it cost to get 10,000 units of these desperately neede G36A1's to our boys in the theatre of the NE probably less than what TAN have spent on publicity and what it cost to have the constitutional (waste of time) conference.

i love ur comment

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by omoreminder2: 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
Aigbofa:

Spoken like a true coward. Your type die for less, like smuggling drugs to Vietnam.

Mr Adebayo B.....I greet you grin grin

Most peeps here understand the meaning of a greeting from me.... grin grin

I ask you just one quesion. will you retire honorably from nairaland or should I retire you?.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by komekn(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cannonleo:

I beg 2 humbly disagree an upgraded Ak with optical sights and a pistol grip (optional beats ur theory of will be an overwhelming improvement 2 a certain degree...if it is operated alongside a good orbat doctrine and.common sense...
When a target is beyong 300 meters say.400-496m switch 2 semi automatic even while underfire.prone and fire studies,simulations have shown that the minimum acurracy u can achieve underthat condition is 92% percent same a a dragnov sniper rifle under pressure ..when ur hostiles aee within range.switch 2 full automatic and engage..even thou i certainly agree with u.i prefer 2 fight with what I can produce quickly and deploy and also improve,however monotomy in weaponry for infantry men makes no sense now in modern warfare..

With the propensity of the west to hit sanctions at any time nd the fact that even the germans will no give us a licence even 2 produce WW2 MP40..i will stick with this modified AK for infantry nd AK-74 for special forces with 40mm grenade attached shekina

Cannonleo your right there will be improvement but what kind of improvement

Firstly the optic sight will improve the accuracy but CERTAINLY NOT THE RANGE it will still remain within 300 metres no more, furthermore that powerful recoil will not change, further limiting the accuracy of the AK even with optic sights.

That’s much less than the M4, FN SCAR mk16, HK416 and of course the HK G36 which gives it a 500 metre gap. In combat you really don’t want to break cover for more than a few seconds with the modern assault rifle that’s all you need to acquire a target even at 400 metres.

Even the Boko technicals with their exposed gunners will be easy picking for a well trained combatant using the G36. How much per unit? Using good diplomacy and trade leverage considering we have a $2Billion trade deficit in our favour with Germany. I would procure 10,000 units at $450 dollars per unit, which means with associated technical assistance to cover spares and a certain level of indigenous spare part manufacture total cost less than $5millon. Think about it, perversely that’s about the same cost for 3 armoured BMW for Stella Oduah former aviation minister to drive around the serene street of Abuja.

What difference will it make COMPREHENSIVE you will no longer see combatants running in the face of the enemy, but rather they will be chasing the enemy down.

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
komekn:

Cannonleo your right there will be improvement but what kind of improvement

Firstly the optic sight will improve the accuracy but CERTAINLY NOT THE RANGE it will still remain within 300 metres no more, furthermore that powerful recoil will not change, further limiting the accuracy of the AK even with optic sights.

That’s much less than the M4, FN SCAR mk16, HK416 and of course the HK G36 which gives it a 500 metre gap. In combat you really don’t want to break cover for more than a few seconds with the modern assault rifle that’s all you need to acquire a target even at 400 metres.

Even the Boko technicals with their exposed gunners will be easy picking for a well trained combatant using the G36. How much per unit? Using good diplomacy and trade leverage considering we have a $2Billion trade deficit in our favour with Germany. I would procure 10,000 units at $450 dollars per unit, which means with associated technical assistance to cover spares and a certain level of indigenous spare part manufacture total cost less than $5millon. Think about it, perversely that’s about the same cost for 3 armoured BMW for Stella Oduah former aviation minister to drive around the serene street of Abuja.

What difference will it make COMPREHENSIVE you will no longer see combatants running in the face of the enemy, but rather they will be chasing the enemy down.

Good talk bro but i dnt like the smell.of sanctions..id rather stick 2 an improved Ak than be bogged down with a rifle that is not all weather nd rugged.ie(M-16)
Vietnam comes 2 mind
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by komekn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
The improved AK is the AK74 far better range and recoil that’s what Russian forces use.

Heckler and Koch are in deep, deep trouble missed out on quite a few arms deals Financial director resigned because of illegal arms deal resulting in 9000 units of G36 to Mexico and a transfer of technology deal for a mere $2million or thereabouts that resulted essentially in the production of their own derivative of the H & K G36 which is called the FX-05 xiuhcoatl. (Fire snake) all the attributes and I’m sure at a much lower price.

That deal is resulting in the prosecution of a number of H&K executives, Heckler and Koch need us more than we need them, they are facing real financial turbulence has been downgraded by moody and need a deal desperate. Don’t forget we did have a licence to produce the G3’S via Herstal Belgium. This is [b][/b]about diplomacy the only one problem no egunje it will be intrinsically transparent and void of any kind of backhanders and or sharp practices. That might too much for our politicians.

Knowing the Mexican penchant for corruption they would find it very easy to deal with us and our corrupt politicians and top brass, if we cannot cut a deal because of the high levels of probity.

Finally in a torture test the G36 beat the AK47 it’s very rugged able to fire after being submerged in deep water fired without malfunction, this thing is robust, rugged and very reliable with deadly accuracy.

Vid below of the Mexican variant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cUFg60Poyg

2 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
omoreminder2:

Mr Adebayo B.....I greet you grin grin
Most peeps here understand the meaning of a greeting from me.... grin grin
I ask you just one quesion. will you retire honorably from nairaland or should I retire you?.. grin grin grin

Last week it was Bamidele, today Adebayo. I guess the next one will start with D in line with Yoruba alphabet.
Anyway, by the time you exhaust all the letters in the alphabet you might be lucky.
By the way I do the hunting, you are more like the prey.

3 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by IgrigiHercules: 7:39am On Nov 14, 2014
Aigbofa:

Last week it was Bamidele, today Adebayo. I guess the next one will start with D in line with Yoruba alphabet.
Anyway, by the time you exhaust all the letters in the alphabet you might be lucky.
By the way I do the hunting, you are more like the prey.

**Grins** As our bushmeat you are already in soup! embarassed embarassed embarassed .You will weep and run ask ilugunboy,BOAR, Dayokanu, Tribaleast and the others who we have forced to retired from bigotry. Heaven help you as you keep being obstinately stupid. lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed **LOLS**

**Signed**
Commander Igrigi lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2014
IgrigiHercules:

**Grins** As our bushmeat you are already in soup! embarassed embarassed embarassed .You will weep and run ask ilugunboy,BOAR, Dayokanu, Tribaleast and the others who we have forced to retired from bigotry. Heaven help you as you keep being obstinately stupid. lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed **LOLS**

**Signed**
Commander Igrigi lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed

You need to retire from taking hard drugs. As long as there are morons like you here you will always have people like me to contend with.

4 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by IgrigiHercules: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Aigbofa:

You need to retire from taking hard drugs. As long as there are morons like you here you will always have people like me to contend with.

**grins** Aww Aww, do not be jittery. Just be patient you will definitely be chewed up like the others, just stay on the queue, it will get to your turn lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed. **LOLLINGS**
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 14, 2014
IgrigiHercules:

**grins** Aww Aww, do not be jittery. Just be patient you will definitely be chewed up like the others, just stay on the queue, it will get to your turn lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed. **LOLLINGS**

You are definitely smoking something you shouldn't be smoking.

3 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by tngh: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2014
why is it that only officers are tagged 'heroes' when killed in the battle? You never hear of the many privates and soldiers!
I say a big kudos to the Nigerian military for a selfless service to the nation, even to the point of death.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Generaloluseye: 10:18am On Nov 14, 2014
christopher123:
An army went tp war during greek times i think its sparta war..the general burnt their ships telling them they should not and cant retreat..that is bravery they won the war

Another army went to war crossd the bridge burnt it and won the enemy...no room for retreat..its cowardice for them

R i p soilder...but if i might say

Vietnam fought usa with rusty weapon and usa suffered
Biafra held nigeria hostage for years

Its not the weapon but the low morale and bravery of the army

Now this is army fighting civilians

This is the problem we have depending on foriegn powers we should be ashamed of ourselves as country

Biafra manufactured their weapons converted aircrafts to bombers built great bombs and guided their missiles

Here we cant even build simple pitsols but beg usa to sel us guns....they are making guns in awka

This is what we get hating igbo

Ihejirika has been vindicated

In biafra africa died

R i p soilder
it was a Roman general when he invaded Britain.....
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by BobbyCRUTECH(m): 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Oh Mayowa, my colleague at Command Day Secondary School Abuja, u left us, remember d last time we spoke, and u said u wouldn't get married until u attain d rank of a Captain so u could receive a grand occasion.
The evil men cut short dat dream, I shed a tear for u, may it fight against ur killers.
Goodbye my brother, goodbye my friend!
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by PentiumPro(f): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
Aigbofa:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Mcbussy(m): 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
PapiWata:

Hello Komekn. I have followed your authoritative and insightful posts on weaponry and military tactics dating back to when Sirius Black's daily war-front pictures were posted in this forum. The above breakdown on the cost effectiveness and combat efficiency attainable through the deployment of optical sighted weapons, preferably with night vision capability, is a fine demonstrative example of your credentials as a military analyst, YET, the trusty old iron-sighted AK47 shines through whenever opposing forces close to within 50 meters of each other, which, surprisingly is by far THE most commonly recorded distance at which such frenzied front-line combat occurs.

For their clandestine missions behind enemy lines, Nigerian Special Forces operatives are almost assuredly issued with the finest long-range sniper rifles that money can buy, and it does not take too much of a leap in logic to presume that those elite troopers also field rifles with night-vision sights, HOWEVER, due to the game-changing potential of such phenomenally expensive equipment, should it fall into enemy hands, an impenetrable shroud of absolute secrecy will no doubt envelop the very existence of such shadowy components to the war arsenal of contemporary Nigeria.

Every bit of what u said made sense,but I have 1 question for you;

What edge does NA have over its enemy when the a soldier has to get within 50m range before taking an accurate shot?....remember that d enemy is carrying thesame weapon and can actually be equally lethal at that same range.

Bro,from my own point of view,battles and wars are won by d slight advantage one side has over d other. This is a very important factor. Weaponry is as important as training and tactics. A gun with better range accuracy and sight scope would make a whole lot of difference.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by PapiWata: 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
Mcbussy:

Every bit of what u said made sense,but I have 1 question for you;

What edge does NA have over its enemy when the a soldier has to get within 50m range before taking an accurate shot?....remember that d enemy is carrying thesame weapon and can actually be equally lethal at that same range.

Bro,from my own point of view,battles and wars are won by d slight advantage one side has over d other. This is a very important factor. Weaponry is as important as training and tactics. A gun with better range accuracy and sight scope would make a whole lot of difference.

Thank you for your reply, McBussy. My layman's opinion is that AIR POWER is the ONLY means by which the Nigerian military can gain the upper hand QUICKLY, and wipe out this very well funded political terrorist group currently on the loose in northern Nigeria.

Most of the fighters on the enemy side are NOT afraid to die, because they have been promised 72 virgins in paradise for themselves, and lots of cash compensation to support their families after they have left to enjoy the virgins. An enemy force made up of suicidal individuals constitutes one of the most formidable challenges that any modern armed force can face, and, in the absence of AIR POWER on the federal side, the playing field will be absolutely level, since the weapons being used on both sides are very similar in effectiveness.

So, to summarize, the moves being made right now by the Nigerian government, to procure large numbers of attack helicopters and possibly ground-attack jets from Russia, are very wise steps towards actualizing the ONLY assured option available, in the wake of the United States' refusal to sell combat aircraft to Nigeria for the prosecution of this war on terror.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thugs Lay Siege To Ondo Assembly / Vote APC Out If We Fail To Tackle Unemployment -Throwback Tweet Of Bukola Saraki / Arewa And Oduduwa More Alike Than Unlike By Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.