Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms (1273 Views)

Alex Otti Dancing With Ladies (Photo) / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / Abia Guber: Dr Alex Otti Vs Okezie Ikpeazu. Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by enzony(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
Former Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc and governorship aspirant in Abia State, Dr. Alex Otti, yesterday picked the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) nomination forms citing emerging realities in the state for his action.

The move came less than two weeks after he picked the expression of interest and nomination forms of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the governorship contest.

Meanwhile, APGA has announced a shift in the dates of its primaries.

Speaking shortly after picking the party’s governorship nomination forms at the APGA national headquarters in Abuja, Otti explained that he left PDP for APGA because of the latter’s acceptability by residents of Abia.

He said he was in the race to rescue the state from total collapse.

His words: “I have left the PDP and to me coming to APGA is like a home coming. I have always said APGA is not a political party but a religion for Nigerians. Some of you will recall that when our national leader died, we did everything to make sure that he was given a befitting burial. I was the chairman of the finance sub-committee.

“I am very happy to be back home, we have a mission to take back our state and put it back on the part of progress and industrialisation. We have started that journey, we know that there are a whole lot we could do. When I look at Aba, I regret that I did not take this decision to serve my people before now. It is a great sacrifice for me to leave what I was doing until a few weeks ago. But it is not too late, we are here to win and win we must.”

The National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, while welcoming Otti to the party, assured every aspirant on the party’s platform of a level-playing field, noting that the party was determined to win more seats in next year’s elections.

Umeh said: “Dr. Otti has after consultations decided to come to APGA, the party on which platform he can contest and win the 2015 governorship in Abia State. Let me once more welcome you to our national secretariat. We are very delighted to have you here and for seeing you announcing your resignation from the PDP and joining APGA, a party which you have described as a movement for the people of Nigeria.

“I want to assure you that APGA is very happy to have you as a member; you are a distinguished Nigeria. Coming to us to contest the governorship of Abia State is a huge relief, as Abia needs a man that has the ability to revive it. We have been reading about the dilapidated state of infrastructure in the state, especially in Aba. I want to assure you that with you, APGA is close to the Government House in Umuahia. We are happy that you have the contacts to mobilize funds to fix Abia. When this news goes out that you are now in APGA, your fellow aspirants will return to the drawing board.

“Abia votes are there for APGA to grab. You are a man of impeccable character and we will give you all the support and opportunities you need to succeed. Our target is to win that election, and with your joining APGA, we will do everything to ensure victory at the polls.”

Meanwhile, APGA in a statement signed by Umeh has announced a shift in the dates of its primaries.

Source:http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=90418
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by enzony(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
The right candidate has finally joined the right party in Abia state to recue Abia. The appointed time for Abia state has come. No to PDP and T.A Orji. The looting must stop and development must set in. Meanwhile there is really zero support for APC in Abia state. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by tabletman1: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Pdp headquarters at Umuahia still has the poster of alex Otti.

I just heard the news this morning that he has joined apga but the man would have won by a wide margin if he still at Pdp.

Now let's hope for what will happen in the next coming election.
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by Valto(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
A well calculated move. He will surely win, If he can campaign well.

1 Like

Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by asha80(m): 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
tabletman1:
Pdp headquarters at Umuahia still has the poster of alex Otti.

I just heard the news this morning that he has joined apga but the man would have won by a wide margin if he still at Pdp.

Now let's hope for what will happen in the next coming election.
as t a orji no gree na wetin e go?lol..as much as he is my favourite but i am not too sure of his grassroot appeal.
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by tabletman1: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
asha80:
as t a orji no gree na wetin e go?lol..as much as he is my favourite but i am not too sure of his grassroot appeal.
so you mean ta orji no gree make he become the flag bearer pdp governorship election?
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by asha80(m): 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
tabletman1:
so you mean ta orji no gree make he become the flag bearer pdp governorship election?

goodluck handed over the structure of pdp to the governors...the pdp ward congress in abia was a farce..orji don pick im men for the congress...do the maths...expect okezie ikpeazu as pdp candidate.
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by enzony(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
asha80:

Abia people are rallying support for him amongst the grassroot. He made the right move. He's the best candidate.

1 Like

Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by tabletman1: 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
asha80:
goodluck handed over the structure of pdp to the governors...the pdp ward congress in abia was a farce..orji don pick im men for the congress...do the maths...expect okezie ikpeazu as pdp candidate.
which town do okezie ikpeazu hails from?
I hope its not from ubani/ibeaku/umuahia axis?
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by asha80(m): 1:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
tabletman1:
which town do okezie ikpeazu hails from?
I hope its not from ubani/ibeaku/umuahia axis?
naa he is ukwa ngwa...i think obingwa but not too sure.
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by Scholes007(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Uche ogah should also sort for alternative in case...
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by Chylo(m): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
APGA nor get presidential candidate again? I have been waiting for someone to declare as APGA presidential candidate.

What a shame of a party. No wonder Peter Obi left. Igbo-party my foot. PDP stooges, why don't they just merge with PDP once and for all, so that we will know where they stand?
Re: Dr Alex Otti Dumps PDP And Picks APGA Nomination Forms by mesoade(m): 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nigeria politicians dumping parties for another without the consent of their people and yet we still claim we're in a democratic era?

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan In 2015 By Adebayo Adedeji / Special Report: Nigerian Senators Salary / Borno Senatorial Contest: PDP Drops Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.