Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? (4265 Views)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Can I Marry and run a family With A Salary Of 120k per month? / Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Faithte(f): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
Please I need urgent advice. I'm a single lady that works here at the Island, I stay with my cousins which means I have 2 feed, cloth and even pay necessary bills. I notice that my salary of N35,000 does not carry me thru the month. So pls house, how do I survive with this so as to avoid borrowing b4 month end. Thanks.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
Make alternative means of income

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by emilyone(f): 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
Since you live and work on the island And you don't pay rent you should be able to manage with 35k

I know of some family men whose take home package is just 30k

As for your cloths you can make do with first grade BK
Forget about designers cloth and Brazilian hair

1 Like

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Have a realistic budget.
Do an excel sheet to monitor EVERYDAY expenses to ensure you stay on budget.
Cook from home and take to work its always cheaper. If you live in a place where you cant cook then opa and coke should be your friend, less than 100 naira and holds the stomach
From you budget you cant afford more than 200 naira food a day stay under that budget. Recharge cards should be minimal less calls more texts. Recharge cards in a week must not be more than 500 Naira. I dont know the transport situation in Lagos but try to get a colleague or neighbour who has a car that can reduce your cost.

Clothes second hand will do for now, clean them well. Hair you get a place where you can braid 2k and keep it for an entire month
I survived under 15k and was still able to save 2 k a month. Its all about cutting our coat according to our cloth
There is a time to jump bus and a time to ride jeep, follow your own times and seasons
If you manage little you will have the grace to manage much

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Faithte(f): 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
Sori please, I leave on the Mainland, Surulere to be precise, but works at the Island.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
wow, 35k and you are complaining.

Do away with brazilian hair, carry your natural hair.
cut your nails very neat.
Buy only white powder.
Use olive oil as body cream
tell whoever you are staying with thats making you spend too much that you dont hhave enough.

If all fails, go get one alhaji, suck am dry. Him go buy piece of land for you.
No bi so?

1 Like

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
Please define "helper" I hope its not sugar daddy or boyfriend oh.

People survive on much less, its discipline and management. Stay within what you can afford. Sharpen your skills, promotion and better opportunities will come.

Your communication needs work. Eg " I work on the Island" not "works at the Island" these little things matter.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
aisha2:
Please define "helper" I hope its not sugar daddy or boyfriend oh.

People survive on much less, its discipline and management. Stay within what you can afford. Sharpen your skills, promotion and better opportunities will come.

Your communication needs work. Eg " I work on the Island" not "works at the Island" these little things matter.

Na sugar daddy na! grin
the one wey go buy land and car.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
may b you give out your 35k to charity every month and wait for blessing if u don't know what to do about it. u no dey pay house rent u still dey complain mtchew. go dey do olosho now.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Faithte(f): 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
Please oooooo, I dnt mean sugar Daddy. I mean (brother/sister) to assist nor support me.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
Faithte:
Please oooooo, I dnt mean sugar Daddy. I mean (brother/sister) to assist nor support me.

You have enough learn to manage it. On 35k you are even supposed to support others.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Lady, u can survive wella unless u hv follow d crowd mentality.
Folks gave u good practical tips most of us hv used and it worked for us.
Once u get alert, remove ur tfare.
Remove some % for saving. O yes, u can save.
I don't know about lagos but I hv seen big gals on jeep parking to patronise okirika shoes,clothes and bags. If u can do ur selection very well, they can pass off as designer wears.

Contributing to d house,is it cos u don't pay rent?.
Now let's be practical, if at d end, u spend more in contributing to d house than u can if u are alone, I suggest u start planning to move or squat with a friend b4 u get ur own house.

I can understand that some will take d advantage of relative and free housing to milk one dry. If that is d case, look for a way out of d house asap.

R ur cousins idle that u pay bills for them?

Or is the house urs?
What r ur cousins doing?
Time they start hussling or infact, come and explain this ur scanty post b4 I say rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Faithte(f): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
My Cousins are all working. But I realized most times after contributing 2 d house upkeep, I still come home without finding anything 2 eat, this makes me spend even more.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
Faithte:
My Cousins are all working. But I realized most times after contributing 2 d house upkeep, I still come home without finding anything 2 eat, this makes me spend even more.
I beg miss. we v said it all. sugar daddy or any how they call it may help if u know u r still getting broke with the little amount you earn. or u can stop contributing to house upkeep and go for meat pie and snacks anytime u feeling hungry.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by chikk(f): 7:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hmmmm, madam op, I'm sorry to say this, but if u, as a single woman, not really supporting anyone and not paying rent, cannot manage 35K/month, then, I don't think u can manage 1m/month plus all d helps in the world. All the posters above have said it all, U better sit urself down and talk to urself before its too late. This issue isn't worth opening a thread. 'Financial management' is a course every woman should study and 'Living within your income is the practical aspect of it'. Good luck
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
That fund is nothing to write home about - I have been in your shoes before

Nobody is ready to support you except you have a responsible and supportive boyfriend or a fiance or a husband

Ask your boss for a pay increase, or seek for another alternative job that will pay you better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by beeevan: 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
I don't see why 35k shouldn't support a single lady for a month.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by glimpse(f): 8:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
just try...I am still looking for a job. kiss
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Wendy80(f): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
U can survive well if u plan urself. Follow Aisha2's tips. I survived (in PH dats crazily expensive) on 15k salary for a year b4 I got a Bank job.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by jayedu108: 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
Chillisauce:

Buy only white powder.
tell whoever you are staying with thats making you spend too much that you dont hhave enough.

No bi so?
u were sounding reasonable earlier, but spolt it at the end"wat a silly advice".

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Faithte:
Please I need urgent advice. I'm a single lady that works here at the Island, I stay with my cousins which means I have 2 feed, cloth and even pay necessary bills. I notice that my salary of N35,000 does not carry me thru the month. So pls house, how do I survive with this so as to avoid borrowing b4 month end. Thanks.
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by xynerise: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
The only advice I can give to you right now is to THINK wisely.

Like someone advised on your spendings on hairs and cosmetics, that is the first thing you check. Another thing is making an additional income from your place of work.

What is the nature of your job if I may ask?
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
jayedu108:
u were sounding reasonable earlier, but spolt it at the end"wat a silly advice".

Na you sabi.

Wey your own advice ? Abi na only to read and criticize you sabi ?

1 Like

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
Faithte:
Please I need urgent advice. I'm a single lady that works here at the Island, I stay with my cousins which means I have 2 feed, cloth and even pay necessary bills. I notice that my salary of N35,000 does not carry me thru the month. So pls house, how do I survive with this so as to avoid borrowing b4 month [quote author=Faithte post=27953814]Please I need urgent advice. I'm a single lady that works here at the Island, I stay with my cousins which means I have 2 feed, cloth and even pay necessary bills. I notice that my salary of N35,000 does not carry me thru the month. So pls house, how do I survive with this so as to avoid borrowing b4 month end. Thanks.

faithe u nid to plan ur budget nd stick to it. when i was working at yaba i come from ikorodu everyday and being paid 25k. thanks to BRT and yabatech for agonyi beans and bread of 100# which last me truout most times till i get home.
i pakage myself wit ist graded BK and shoes and u wil think i work in a bank with at least 1k to save at d end of d month coz i paid tithe from my salary which is 10%.
economy is not smiling at all coz what if u were living alone wunt u cook,pay rent nd utilities alongside medicals.
ur cousins has saved u d rent nd sundrys.trt to cut accoss xpenses nd b smart in ur spending.
shuls incase u cant cope wit 35k nd u want to resign plz pm me so that i can fill up ur position btw am a single mum in search of a job so i can pay my bills for 2.

be thankful to God for wat u av

4 Likes

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by peterson02(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
i dont hv a house of my own when i got ds job dat pays 35k per month i was doing hide and seek in one abandon office, morning am out and nite i will snick in to sleep,living was hell on earth.i got ds job january and now i can tell u i ve rented my own house, i can feed my self,nw am tinking toward making some savings for d next level lyk biz and other so dat which u ar earning nw can still take u to d next level so make a plan n pray noting is too hard 4 GOD
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Kanwulia: 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
What A NIGERIAN life! cry

1 Like

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by SAMBARRY: 8:41am On Nov 13, 2014
Chilliiiiiii shocked

use only white powder, cut your nails neatly. Don't do braz hair.jeez tell me you are joking grin

op don't mind chilli except you're an old woman of 50+

Haba what kind of advice is that. What happened to having flashy pink or red painted nails even if you don't want to do acrylic or French tips. What happened to using good foundation and bronzer on your face. Even the oldies of 60plus at my own side of the hood still use contact lenses, artificial eye lashes, push up brad etc . How much more sisi.chilli.anyway I know you are joking. Op if you look at it true true 35k is small but just reduce your expenses and buy the necessary. For your income no be every new shoes or gorge wey come out you go buy. No be every human hair you go buy. You can look simple yet sophisticated.your salary might not satisfy all your needs but it will satisfy the basics of food shelter clothing and miscellaneous
Chillisauce:

Buy only white powder.

No bi so?
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by SAMBARRY: 8:45am On Nov 13, 2014
Anyway op I understand 35k in a month is small but you're a lady abi?.do what your mates do . I'll just end this with a yoruba addadge that says any lady that doesn't know how her mates survive will run taya without reaching her goal.help yasef wink tongue
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by bukatyne(f): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2014
Faithte:
Sori please, I leave on the Mainland, Surulere to be precise, but works at the Island.

Morning OP:

You live at Surulere and work in V/I?

How do you commute to work?

Who pays the rent where you stay?

Are you entitled to leave at work? if yes, use it to look for schools or other companies around you

IMHO, earning 20K at Surulere or the environs is way better than 35K at V/I

Even if you have a free ride to and from work, you need to leave your house real early to beat traffic and you will be getting home late as well.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Chilliiiiiii shocked

use only white powder, cut your nails neatly. Don't do braz hair.jeez tell me you are joking grin

op don't mind chilli except you're an old woman of 50+

Haba what kind of advice is that. What happened to having flashy pink or red painted nails even if you don't want to do acrylic or French tips. What happened to using good foundation and bronzer on your face. Even the oldies of 60plus at my own side of the hood still use contact lenses, artificial eye lashes, push up brad etc . How much more sisi.chilli.anyway I know you are joking. Op if you look at it true true 35k is small but just reduce your expenses and buy the necessary. For your income no be every new shoes or gorge wey come out you go buy. No be every human hair you go buy. You can look simple yet sophisticated.your salary might not satisfy all your needs but it will satisfy the basics of food shelter clothing and miscellaneous

If she had these your advice of Brazilian hair and make up, she wouldn't be complaining. Her swag alone for don hustle her correct bobo .

She want to manage her money and not invest in material things cheesy

Op, do as I say. Go simple. Save some and use the savings to invest in yourself (education and skills) to ready you for a better job and higher pay.

Pls, no Brazilian hairs and pancakes until youget to your desired level
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by SAMBARRY: 6:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Haaaa chilli grin

but still you don't have to break a bank to look smashing na.which kain advice be that. That kain advice na the advice wey them dey give 11 year olds who's just leaving home for the first time to go to boarding house after passing common entrance grin

this is an adult we are talking about here o grin
Chillisauce:

If she had these your advice of Brazilian hair and make up, she wouldn't be complaining. Her swag alone for don hustle her correct bobo .

She want to manage her money and not invest in material things cheesy

Op, do as I say. Go simple. Save some and use the savings to invest in yourself (education and skills) to ready you for a better job and higher pay.

Pls, no Brazilian hairs and pancakes until youget to your desired level
Re: Please Help! A Salary Of N35,000 With No Helper, How Do I Cope? by ogawisdom(m): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
Faithte:

U need a loaded man in ur life tongue ie if u ve wat it takes to get d attention of one or else u jst ve to manage urself with wat u ve while looking for a beta job or extra income

(1) (2) (Reply)

Printer And Elepaq Generator For Sale / Mother's Day: Love Songs For Mothers And Wives / How Do I Train My 3 Month Old Baby To Use A Bottle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.