Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion (712 Views)

Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / does The Jehovah Witness Still Forbids Blood Transfusion In This Century? / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion by saintneo(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
Going by the recent loss of a JW member, I would like to propose an alternative. The death could have been prevented but the lady had her wishes. No disrespect to JW members.

First, I wish to know if JW reject all blood even theirs?

If a JW member can accept his/her 'own' blood, then there is a solution to this problem. A JW member embarking on a medical operation should be prepared for possibilities of Blood Transfusion. He/she can produce the required blood ahead of the medical operation, and hospital can preserve it potential usage on the same patient.

I believe this is medically possible, even sports(sprint runners 100m, 200m) cheats use this method as well to increase the amount of oxygen in their blood.
Re: Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion by Rhymeyjohn: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
there are fundamental issues that JW face, the defence that 'they should abstain from blood'. They are quite smart in using medical science to juxtapose their point, but leaving science to the scientist. what kind of blood are they to abstain from chicken, fish, dog or human blood? the question isn't weird as the bible verse in Act wasn't specific.

Also, do JW ladies menstruate, or are they not to abstain from blood? what of the blood at child birth.?

There shouldn't be double standards, if you must abstain, it should be a total abstinence not blood transfusion only.
Re: Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion by Rhymeyjohn: 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
saintneo:
Going by the recent loss of a JW member, I would like to propose an alternative. The death could have been prevented but the lady had her wishes. No disrespect to JW members.

First, I wish to know if JW reject all blood even theirs?

If a JW member can accept his/her 'own' blood, then there is a solution to this problem. A JW member embarking on a medical operation should be prepared for possibilities of Blood Transfusion. He/she can produce the required blood ahead of the medical operation, and hospital can preserve it potential usage on the same patient.

I believe this is medically possible, even sports(sprint runners 100m, 200m) cheats use this method as well to increase the amount of oxygen in their blood.
what of accidents and emergency situations
Re: Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion by saintneo(m): 2:16am On Nov 13, 2014
Rhymeyjohn:
what of accidents and emergency situations
I don't see any solution for this one since JW can't accept blood from other people.

My suggestion was situations where death is preventable.
Re: Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion by dolphinheart(m): 11:21am On Nov 13, 2014
saintneo:

I don't see any solution for this one since JW can't accept blood from other people.

My suggestion was situations where death is preventable.

In August 2012, two males where admitted in luth, idi araba after suffering same injury to the body . Though the cause and location of the accident where different but the resultant injury to the body was same. They where operated on successfully by same doctor with one taking blood transfusion during the operation and the other refusing blood due to his beliefs.
Three weeks after the operation , both where in seriously bad conditions . The one who took blood fared better cus he had blood in his system, the one who refused blood had serious probs cus he always going in and out of consciousness and had no energy.

The guy that refused blood is still alive today and doctors in Luth are using his procedure in treatment at seminars and other health related meetings to postulate the advantages of non blood transfusion in surgical operations.

The guy that collected blood died few months after the operation from complications resulting from blood transfusion. He did not make it out of the hospital.

1 Like

Re: Suggesting An Alternative: JW Rejection Of Blood Transfusion by saintneo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
dolphinheart, I like the result of the case you described.

I'm not a JW, I have been a donor in the past, just a charity stuff, but I don't think I will ever accept another person's blood into my system.

(1) (Reply)

Being Religious Is Not Being Godly / You Need To Read This... What A Wonderful Piece.. / The Mystery Of The ‘devil’s Bible'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.