Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. (6130 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses Alive In 1914 Will Witness The End Of The World» Watchtower / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / I Saw Jehovah's Witnesses Founder Charles T. Russell In Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2013
NB: please am using my phone to post, so bear with me.

Hi i decided to create a new thread after the thread we were discussing was moved to the front page. I want us to continue here.

@hisblud

you have no point,

jonah in the bible predicts fall of nineveh forty days to his proclamation, but it never happen;

Jonah 3:4

4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said,Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Because of scoffers, here is what jonah said to the lord when the timing change

Jonah 4:4

4 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he became angry. 2 So he prayed to the Lord, and said,“Ah, Lord, was not this what I said when I was still in my country? Therefore I fled previously to Tarshish; for I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm. 3 Therefore now, O Lord, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!”

to scoffers, jonah was a false prophet, that he wish to die

my question is; can the timing of God's prophecy change?
then i replied

easy easy. You people are mixing prediction and warning up.

Warning have an element of repentance attached to it while a prediction must occur whether their is repentance or not.

Taking the story of jonah above, it falls under warning and they repented thus the wrath of God did not occur but the return of Yahshua is a prediction that will occur whether people repent or not.

Read this for your enjoyment

Many things were foretold precisely that they might not come to pass. What we have to decide is whether the prophesy was intended as a prediction or as a warning.

PREDICTION:

If it was a prediction, the plain statement of fact about the future was absolute andwas falsified by the event.

WARNING:

If it was a warning, it carried an unexpress condition clause, “unless you repent.”

https://www.biblicaltraining.o rg/library/prophecy- i/biblical-her

now lets take the failed prediction of your prophet on 1914

"But bear in mind that the end of1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226what we had there was a prediction which MUST occur whether people repent or not and not a warning. Today we are in 2013 and trouble has not ended. Thus we can thus say your prophets were FALSE PROPHETS becos what they predicted has not come to pass. Jman is in full agreement that your prophets' prophecy na lie.

@hisblud

im not a jw! but you have forced 'warning' on jonah's issue,

You people are mixing prediction and warning up.

Warning have an element of repentance attached to it while a prediction must occur whether their is repentance or not.

a,where is Gods message of warning to jonah in the bible that suggest warning? quote the verse here please, dont fail to do that!

b,did jonah added warning to his message to the nineveh? if yes, quote the verse here please

c, did nineveh return to the same bad ways after God decides to change his mind? and was the prophecy of destruction fufilled on ninevites later on? answer

im waiting for your reply

To which i replied thus

thanks, good that you aint a jw, let me ask you a simple question. Say you were in 1894 and a prediction came that in 1914, troubles will end becos Yahshua will return. Now some people repented and some did not, will the repentance of people cause God Who knows the day and hour to delay/postpone the return of Yahshua becos some of them repented?

bernimore are you game?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2013
@jman: i stated this
hisblud:is 1914 not a lie = NWT is also a lie.

Your reply:
that is not the question. give me reasons for calling NWT false. I will take your refusal to provide a prove as a deceitful lie.

1914 is not a lie. I wonder who fed you with that.

Then i replied

me been deceitful. Ok oh, did this occur? Answer me yes or no, long grammar not needed.
"But bear in mind that the end of1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226are we still seeing trouble?
Secondly, which bible did the prophet use to come about the chronology that culminated in trouble ending in 1914 ? Thank you

Are you game jman?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 21, 2013
@jman
This is your reply
That publication you quoted. After some research on this subject, I doubt if Russell stated that 1914 will be an end to times of trouble. I just cant lay hand on that publication you quoted.
But let me quoted secular source of what the witness spoke about. First they preached that that year will be the end of the gentile times, though not having full knowledge of what really was going to happpen. the time of the gentiles did end in that year and we ve not changed that belief till today cos we saw the visible manifestation of it.
Though some began to have uninscriptural expectation that they were going to receive their reward in heaven that year, this was not included in the chronology which gave rise to the prediction of the end of the gentile times. it was just an expectation arising from there not knowing fully what will happen after 1914. If this wrong expectation is what you mean, then you are correct, that however, never meant that what they said about 1914 failed.
But they did indeed saw that that year will mark the beginning of troubles NOT end of it according to Matthew's account. Lets see the local Newspaper report.
“The terrific war outbreak in Europe has fulfilled an extraordinary prophecy. For a quarter of a century past, through preachers and through press, the ‘International Bible Students,’ best known as ‘Millennial Dawners,’ have been proclaiming to the world that the Day of Wrath prophesied in the Bible would dawn in 1914. ‘Look out for 1914!’ has been the cry of the hundreds of traveling evangelists.”—The World, a New York newspaper, August 30, 1914.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by MyJoe: 10:04am On Nov 21, 2013
This should be interesting. BERNIMOORE, the JW, and hislud are usually good reads. smiley
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2013
@jman
That publication you quoted. After some research on this subject, I doubt if Russell stated that 1914 will be an end to times of trouble. I just cant lay hand on that publication you quoted.
ok clear your doubts here
1894 "Seventeen years ago people said, concerning the time features presented in Millennial Dawn, They seem reasonable in many respects, but surely no such radical changes could occur between now and the close of 1914: if you had proved that they would come about in a century or two, it would seem much more probable. What changes have since occurred, and what velocity is gained daily? 'The old is quickly passing and the new is coming in.' Now, in view of recent labor troubles and threatened anarchy, our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They say that they do not see how present conditions can hold out so long under the strain. We see no reason for changing the figures-nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." (Zion's Watchtower, Can It Be Delayed until 1914? C. T. Russell July 15, 1894, Also in Watchtower Reprints, l894 p. 1677)
did you do your research properly lol www.bible.ca/Jw-Prophecy.htm . Maybe let me show you how to locate it, type in google "watchtower 1894-Jul-15" and you would see lots of info.

Chei see this site, the original document for your added research www.agsconsulting.com/htdbv5/zwt0470.htm, to see the page, type 1677 on your find to locate the quote. Enjoy.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 21, 2013
But let me quoted secular source of what the witness spoke about. First they preached that that year will be the end of the gentile times, though not having full knowledge of what really was going to happpen. the time of the gentiles did end in that year and we ve not changed that belief till today cos we saw the visible manifestation of it.
please expantiate, what does this mean "the end of the gentile times" and "we saw the visible manifestation of it". Are you insinuating that gentiles dont rule no more? How?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 21, 2013
But they did indeed saw that that year will mark the beginning of troubles NOT end of it according to Matthew's account.
hmm from the quote above, it makes your assertion false. It stated that the END not BEGINING of troubles.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2013
Secondly, which bible did the prophet use to come about the chronology that culminated in trouble ending in 1914 ? Thank you
which BIBLE was used to come about 1914 date?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Bern and jman
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
This 1914 complex mathematics is not only a hoax but a perfect brainwashing. How can a man in his right senses allow another man to dump into his brain without questioning?

Believe that Jesus come back or made his presense in 1914, believe that my grandma is a virgin.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 22, 2013
Haba jman05, pls come and defend 1914 that its not a lie, that russell never deceived you. Why am staying on 1914, is what you people still BELIEF abi
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
The following facts should be establised:
<The calendar system used by the Jews during the babylonian era is different frm this gregorian era. Gregorian era has 365days as 1yr while the Jews calender uses 360days for 1yr. U cannot calculate a BC era using Jewish calender system and conclude ur prediction, during AD era, using gregorian callender. Its like saying 15'C (centigrade)+45'F (ferenhiet) is equal to 60. So this fact knocks out 1914 as false

<Secular history has it that the babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 587 BC as aginst 607 BC as taught by JW.

<The dream of Nebuchadnezer which gave room to this calcualtion is never in anyway related to christ coming. The sysmbolic tree that was cut off was interpreted by Daniel as the fall of Nebucadnezer and his goin insane for certain period so that he can acknowleged the most high.

<Christ never say his coming will be invisible (Read Act 2)

<Christ says ALL authority has been given unto him in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth. He made the statement immediately after his ressurection. So christ's had been exercising his heavenly authority for over 2012 years and did not start in 1914.

Many many proofs and biblical evidence shows that the year 1914, as being taught by JW, is false.

2 Likes

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Yooguyz: 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Following...
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
Yooguyz: Following...
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Luvskid(m): 11:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
YOUNG MAN HOW MANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT PROFESS TO BE CHRISTIANS HAVE THE HEAVENLY CALLING. YOUNG ARE SIMPLY ANGRY WITH JW BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT AGREE TO THE PAGAN TEACHINGS CARRIED TO THE CHURCH BY CONSTANTINE AND THE SO CALLED CHRISTIANS ARE STILL HOLDING UNTO IT
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 23, 2013
arsenalwenger: The following facts should be establised:
<The calendar system used by the Jews during the babylonian era is different frm this gregorian era. Gregorian era has 365days as 1yr while the Jews calender uses 360days for 1yr. U cannot calculate a BC era using Jewish calender system and conclude ur prediction, during AD era, using gregorian callender. Its like saying 15'C (centigrade)+45'F (ferenhiet) is equal to 60. So this fact knocks out 1914 as false

<Secular history has it that the babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 587 BC as aginst 607 BC as taught by JW.

<The dream of Nebuchadnezer which gave room to this calcualtion is never in anyway related to christ coming. The sysmbolic tree that was cut off was interpreted by Daniel as the fall of Nebucadnezer and his goin insane for certain period so that he can acknowleged the most high.

<Christ never say his coming will be invisible (Read Act 2)

<Christ says ALL authority has been given unto him in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth. He made the statement immediately after his ressurection. So christ's had been exercising his heavenly authority for over 2012 years and did not start in 1914.

Many many proofs and biblical evidence shows that the year 1914, as being taught by JW, is false.

True, Secular history has it that the babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 587 BC as against 607 BC as taught by JW. Now, secular history is known to be wrong. And when you consider the basis for the 587 BC date, you'll realise that it's almost certainly wrong.

The Bible points to 607BC as the date Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem. Here's how:

Various Bible verse show that Jerusalem was to lay desolate and waste for 70 years.

2 Chronicles 36:20-23 - "And he removeth those left of the sword unto Babylon, and they are to him and to his sons for servants, till the reigning of the kingdom of Persia, to fulfil the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, till the land hath enjoyed its sabbaths; all the days of the desolation it kept sabbath -- to the fulness of seventy years. And in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, at the completion of the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, hath Jehovah waked up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, and he causeth an intimation to pass over into all his kingdom, and also in writing, saying, Thus said Cyrus king of Persia, All kingdoms of the earth hath Jehovah, God of the heavens, given to me, and He hath laid a charge on me to build to Him a house in Jerusalem, that is in Judah; who is among you of all His people? Jehovah his God is with him, and he doth go up.'" ( Young's)

Clearly Babylon fell, generally accepted to be in 539BC. Cyrus in his first year of ruling Babylon decreed the Jews can go back to Jerusalem.

It's also generally accepted that the Jews were back in Jerusalem by 537CE, which is when the 70-year exile ended. Thus, counting back, the start of the 70years would be 607BC - based on the Bible. Secular history arriving 587BC is based on records known to have errors.

Note that it's a calculation of years, so the length of 360- or 365 day-per-year is irrelevant since days are not being used.

We'll look at the dream of Nebuchadnezzar, other related Bible verses and how it all fits together in another post.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 23, 2013
TroGunn:
you welcome. There is something about 1914 that they cant call it a mistake. Every other date according to jman05 was a mistake except 1914. Another thing i quite cant put together is this, you claim secular historians are wrong on the date but generally 607BC is accepted. Could you give us WHO comprised of the generally that agree with your calculation? This 1914?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 3:37am On Nov 23, 2013
TroGunn:

True, Secular history has it that the babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 587 BC as against 607 BC as taught by JW. Now, secular history is known to be wrong. And when you consider the basis for the 587 BC date, you'll realise that it's almost certainly wrong.

The Bible points to 607BC as the date Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem. Here's how:

Various Bible verse show that Jerusalem was to lay desolate and waste for 70 years.

2 Chronicles 36:20-23 - "And he removeth those left of the sword unto Babylon, and they are to him and to his sons for servants, till the reigning of the kingdom of Persia, to fulfil the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, till the land hath enjoyed its sabbaths; all the days of the desolation it kept sabbath -- to the fulness of seventy years. And in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, at the completion of the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, hath Jehovah waked up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, and he causeth an intimation to pass over into all his kingdom, and also in writing, saying, Thus said Cyrus king of Persia, All kingdoms of the earth hath Jehovah, God of the heavens, given to me, and He hath laid a charge on me to build to Him a house in Jerusalem, that is in Judah; who is among you of all His people? Jehovah his God is with him, and he doth go up.'" ( Young's)

Clearly Babylon fell, generally accepted to be in 539BC. Cyrus in his first year of ruling Babylon decreed the Jews can go back to Jerusalem.

It's also generally accepted that the Jews were back in Jerusalem by 537CE, which is when the 70-year exile ended. Thus, counting back, the start of the 70years would be 607BC - based on the Bible. Secular history arriving 587BC is based on records known to have errors.

Note that it's a calculation of years, so the length of 360- or 365 day-per-year is irrelevant since days are not being used.

We'll look at the dream of Nebuchadnezzar, other related Bible verses and how it all fits together in another post.
You r wrong. The Bible never gave any date on the siege of Jerusalem but chronicles. Most (if not all) bible scholars use secular history and archeological findings to determine their propehtic date and most atimes wrong. The JW are great users of encyclopedia and scientific materials to justify many of their teachings.

If they do not agree with the encyclopedia here concening 587\586 BC (which is a secular source they often quote), why will they agree with other information they have been getting from it? Or could it be that they accept what is only favourable to their teachings alone and leave the rest. That is hypocrisy.

Whether the siege is 607 BC or 587 BC is still immaterial. This is because christ's ruler authority didnt start in 1914 or 1894 going by the siege. Jesus said immediately after his resurection that all power has been given unto him, i mean all power.

The JW made us understand that Jesus was ethroned in 1914 and from then started exercising his powers. This is technically making Jesus' statement wrong. If Jesus is not wrong, the JW is false.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Hmm this 607BC will maintain their 1914 prophecy. Mmh
It was Babylon, NOT Jerusalem.

By using the year 607B.C., they are able to match up a time prophecy that they have taken from the bible to show that Jesus became king of the heavens in the year 1914.

To change to the date that archaeologists accept would move this prophecy which is a MAJOR part of their beliefs. To change their beliefs like that would put a large portion of what they believe into question.
wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_say_that_
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 8:15am On Nov 23, 2013
On Jonah's issue, comparing Jonah's warning and JW predictions is tighing ur failure to another man's failure. You cannot use Jonah's warning to the peaople of Nineveh as an excuse for failed predictions. They are two different conditions enturely.

The people of Nineveh were to be warned of God's jugdement unless they repent. Their city is meants to be destroyed in 40days except they repent, which they did by fasting and praying and asking for God's forgiveness and God pardoned them.

Relating it to the failed JW predictions of 1914, 1925, 1935 and 1984, one will notice that all these date got to do with the coming of christ and the establishment of God's kingdom on earth. The prophesy for christ's coming gives no room for repentance cos its meant to happen whether u pray or not.

U can only compare Jonah's warning to the people of nineveh to that of Hezekiah been warned that he will die vry soon and he prayed such that God extended his yrs by 15.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Yooguyz: 11:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Watchtower claims its foresight of 1914 as proof of Jehovah's direction. Is this justified, knowing the Watchtower was
incorrect in virtually every
aspect?
The following quotes show the positive spin the Watchtower puts on Russell's inaccurate
teachings, in an attempt to make people believe holy spirit directs
the Watchtower's interpretation of Bible prophecy. These quotes
range from misleading but technically true, through to blatantly false. Statements abound that the Watchtower pointed forward to 1914 as "the
start of "the conclusion of the system of things"", the start of "Jesus Presence", or the start of
his "rulership". Other phrases, such as that the Watchtower foretold 1914 to be the end of
the Gentile Times, are strictly accurate, but lead the reader to an incorrect conclusion about
the understanding of this
teaching.When reading these quotes, it is
important to remember that in 1914 the Watchtower was
teaching Jesus' presence began in 1874 and his heavenly rulership began in 1878.

"Our belief that the Kingdom began to be set up, or brought into power, in Apr, 1878, be it
observed, rests on exactly the same foundation as our belief that the Lord became present in
October, 1874, and that the harvest began at that time."
Studies in the Scriptures - Thy Kingdom Come p.235

As late as 1930, the Watchtower was still referring to 1874 as the
start of Jesus presence.

"… from the beginning of the Lord’s presence in 1874 the Devil used the Papal system as the
chief opposing instrument of God’s kingdom …" Watchtower
1930 p.275

Those in the Watchtower's writing department are well
aware of the organisations history. For instance, the 1993
Proclaimers book states:

"Based on the premise that events of the first century might find parallels in related events
later, they also concluded that if Jesus’ baptism and anointing in the autumn of 29 C.E. paralleled
the beginning of an invisible presence in 1874, then his riding
into Jerusalem as King in the spring of 33 C.E. would point to
the spring of 1878 as the time when he would assume his power as heavenly King."
Proclaimers p.632

Yet in that very same year, other Watchtower articles falsely claim:

"The Watchtower has
consistently presented evidence to honest hearted students of
Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events
since that year testify to Jesus' invisible presence." Watchtower 1993 Jan 15 p.5

"Jehovah's Witnesses have consistently shown from the Scriptures that the year 1914 marked the beginning of this
world's time of the end and that "the day of judgment and of
destruction of the ungodly men"
has drawn near."
Watchtower
1993 Aug 15 p.9
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
hmm, i dont know what to say about jw any more. What you peeps wrote above is crystal clear that the jesus the jw are holding on to adamantly, who happens to be one of the fallen angel, is different from the Yahshua Whom i believe is God. So we cannot agree to be serving the same Yahshua. So even if we try reasoning wit them its futile. Believing Yahshua is angel michael, the Rauch Ha Kodesh is a thing like tornados. We cant be on the same page with those that put up wit another jesus.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
arsenalwenger: You r wrong. The Bible never gave any date on the siege of Jerusalem but chronicles. Most (if not all) bible scholars use secular history and archeological findings to determine their propehtic date and most atimes wrong. The JW are great users of encyclopedia and scientific materials to justify many of their teachings.

If they do not agree with the encyclopedia here concening 587\586 BC (which is a secular source they often quote), why will they agree with other information they have been getting from it? Or could it be that they accept what is only favourable to their teachings alone and leave the rest. That is hypocrisy.

Whether the siege is 607 BC or 587 BC is still immaterial. This is because christ's ruler authority didnt start in 1914 or 1894 going by the siege. Jesus said immediately after his resurection that all power has been given unto him, i mean all power.

The JW made us understand that Jesus was ethroned in 1914 and from then started exercising his powers. This is technically making Jesus' statement wrong. If Jesus is not wrong, the JW is false.

hisblud: you welcome. There is something about 1914 that they cant call it a mistake. Every other date according to jman05 was a mistake except 1914. Another thing i quite cant put together is this, you claim secular historians are wrong on the date but generally 607BC is accepted. Could you give us WHO comprised of the generally that agree with your calculation? This 1914?

It is generally accepted and known to be factual that the date that Cyrus led the military campaign that sacked Babylon was in 539BC. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_Cylinder

According to Jewish Encyclopaedia, "On the first day of the year, Nisan 1 (March 20), 538, in conformity with Babylonian custom, he grasped the hands of the golden statue of Bel-Marduk, and thus became consecrated as monarch. From this ceremony dates the first year of his reign as "King of Babylon, King of all the Lands." - http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4828-cyrus

From this, Cyrus made order for the Jews to return (538BC) and the Jews eventual return in 537BC ( in the 7th month according to Ezra 3:1-5) can be deduced quite accurately. This marks the end of the 70-year exile. Counting back 70years takes us to 607BC as the time when Jerusalem was made desolate.

It's a simple case of whether we accept the Bible's 70-year exile (Jeremiah 25:1, 2, 11; 29:10; Daniel 9:2) or secular sources 50-year exile. The Bible has always been accurate and we'd take that over any secular source.

The secular sources for the 50-year exile are known to have inaccuracies. One of them is the records of Berossus who lived close to Neo-Babylonian period. His record is known to be inaccurate - he was wrong about who Assyrian King Sennacherib succeeded - his Father or brother.

Another secular source is the Canon of Ptolemy - largely accurate but known to contain omissions.

The 3rd source, based on ancient tablets detailing dates in relation to position of moon and planets can support both the 587BC and 607BC dates.

Of course, we'd go with the Bible record of 70-year exile anytime because of it's track record of accurate history. Secular history gets revised now and then to fit current information - the Bible has stayed accurate and gets vindicated, as this fairly recent example shows- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135432#.UouXEZt3vX4

1 Like

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by loveroftruth: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
You must be a coward.

It was you and i that had this debate earlier, but here you are, instead of asking me to continue with you, you are picking it with others.

hisblud: @jman: i stated this

Your reply:

Then i replied

Are you game jman?

i had addressed this issue of Neneve befor and educated you, but you dont seem to learn.

See the starting post i hard addressed to you when you started this your lies.

See my first post on that thread below to you, and any honest person can go to that thread from the link posted below also and find out who you are:

@Hisblud

you seem to know what Johnah did not know ?

Why did he Johnah complained that God is a forgiving God, that Yahweh will forgive them after he has preach to them ?

Why did Johnah got angry when God refused to destroy the Nenivites ?

Please answer.

And stop lying that Jw said that 1914 will be the end of the world, they did not say that.

hisblud: easy easy. You people are mixing prediction and warning up.

Taking the story of jonah above, it falls under warning and they repented thus the wrath of God did not occur but the return of Yahshua is a prediction that will occur whether people repent or not.

Read this for your enjoyment

now lets take the failed prediction of your prophet on 1914 what we had there was a prediction which MUST occur whether people repent or not and not a warning. Today we are in 2013 and trouble has not ended. Thus we can thus say your prophets were FALSE PROPHETS becos what they predicted has not come to pass. Jman is in full agreement that your prophets' prophecy na lie. grin grin

now read this and educate your self, if the lies will leave you:

"But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful,
slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil." (Jonah 4:1-2).

Again, This was the message that God gave to Johnah and not those lies up there you posted:

"And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying, Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee. So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days’ journey. And Jonah began to enter into the city a day’s journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." (Jonah 3:1-4).

That message up there is very clear, but liars like you will add and twist it.

The point here is, that someone say what God has said even though God changed his mind, it cannot and will not make him a false prophet unless he lied and say what God has not told him.

But Jw never said that the are prophesying, no, rather, they are bible students that preached what they have seen in the bible.

Can you say that what they say is not in the bible ? No, you cannot.

So, your evil intent to maligned them is on you head.

Keep twisting. Maybe that is what your church teaches you.

Christians indeed, liars.

https://www.nairaland.com/1511829/why-people-treat-jehovah-witnesses/2#19644835

That is the thread where i had the discussion with you and you could not prove that Jonah's commission to to Nenevites was to warn them, it is a disgrace that your hatred for Jw has pushed you to open another thread.

1 Like

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
TroGunn:

It is generally accepted and known to be factual that the date that Cyrus led the military campaign that sacked Babylon was in 539BC. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_Cylinder

According to Jewish Encyclopaedia, "On the first day of the year, Nisan 1 (March 20), 538, in conformity with Babylonian custom, he grasped the hands of the golden statue of Bel-Marduk, and thus became consecrated as monarch. From this ceremony dates the first year of his reign as "King of Babylon, King of all the Lands." - http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4828-cyrus

From this, Cyrus made order for the Jews to return (538BC) and the Jews eventual return in 537BC ( in the 7th month according to Ezra 3:1-5) can be deduced quite accurately. This marks the end of the 70-year exile. Counting back 70years takes us to 607BC as the time when Jerusalem was made desolate.

It's a simple case of whether we accept the Bible's 70-year exile (Jeremiah 25:1, 2, 11; 29:10; Daniel 9:2) or secular sources 50-year exile. The Bible has always been accurate and we'd take that over any secular source.

The secular sources for the 50-year exile are known to have inaccuracies. One of them is the records of Berossus who lived close to Neo-Babylonian period. His record is known to be inaccurate - he was wrong about who Assyrian King Sennacherib succeeded - his Father or brother.

Another secular source is the Canon of Ptolemy - largely accurate but known to contain omissions.

The 3rd source, based on ancient tablets detailing dates in relation to position of moon and planets can support both the 587BC and 607BC dates.

Of course, we'd go with the Bible record of 70-year exile anytime because of it's track record of accurate history. Secular history gets revised now and then to fit current information - the Bible has stayed accurate and gets vindicated, as this fairly recent example shows- http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135432#.UouXEZt3vX4

Typical of JW, confuse them and wind them down with argument and inconsistent proof. The link you provided have no correlation or justification or 1914. 1914 is a fraud only accepted by JW as a basis to enforce their official doctrine.

Christ said that all power that is in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth has been given to him immediately after his ressurection. He didnt have to wait until 1914 to get that done. Read your bible alone and ask God for inspiration to direct you. You are only telling me what the watchtower wants you to tell me. Wathctower is very wrong here. I wonder why you chose to believe and spread falsehood.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
There are two paths of Biblical evidence that shows 1914 marked the beginning of the end.

Bible chronology
One is based on Bible chronology due to what Jesus said at Luke 21:24 - "They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled".

"Jerusalem was the only city in all the earth that was directly associated with God’s name. (1 Kings 11:36; Matthew 5:35) It was the capital of a God-approved earthly kingdom. That city was to be trampled on by the Gentile nations in that the rule by God over his people was to be interrupted by worldly governments. When would this begin?

The last king to represent God in Jerusalem was told in Ezekiel 21:25-27 - "Now to you, O profane, wicked prince of Israel, whose day has come, whose iniquity shall end, thus says the Lord God: “Remove the turban, and take off the crown; Nothing shall remain the same.
Exalt the humble, and humble the exalted. Overthrown, overthrown, I will make it overthrown! It shall be no longer, Until He comes whose right it is, And I will give it to Him.”"

The crown was to be lifted off the head of that king, and God’s rulership over His people was to be interrupted. This happened in 607 B.C.E. when the Babylonians desolated Jerusalem. During “the Gentile times” that were to follow, God would not have a government on the earth to represent his rulership. Only at the end of those times would Jehovah give the power to rule to the one “ whose right it is”—Jesus Christ. How long would that period be?

A prophecy in the Bible book of Daniel states:

Dan 4:23 - "Your Majesty saw a holy one, a messenger, coming down from heaven and saying, 'Cut down the tree and destroy it, but leave the stump, bound with iron and bronze, in the grass of the field, while its roots remain in the ground. Let him be drenched with the dew of heaven; let him live with the wild animals, until seven times pass by for him.'

True, part of this prophecy fulfilled on Nebuchadnezzar. But the context (Dan 4:17 below) shows more was indicated. But here we see that "seven times" was to pass when the tree ( kingdom) would be suspended.

Dan4:17 - "This sentence is by the decree of the angelic watchers And the decision is a command of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind, And bestows it on whom He wishes And sets over it the lowliest of men.""

Here talks of "kingdom or realm of mankind" and God will give rulership to the "lowliest of men" - surely more than the Babylonian empire, the whole rulership of mankind.

Now we know God will setup his Kingdom and Jesus Christ will be the ruler, as shown in Dan 2:44 - "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever".

The Bible helps us to determine the length of the “seven times.” It equates 1,260 days with “a time [one time] and times [two times, plural] and half a time”—a total of three and a half “times.” (Revelation 12:6, 14) This means that twice that number, or seven times, is 2,520 days.

Counting 2,520 literal days from 607 B.C., ends in 600 B.C so the seven times lasted much longer than that. They were still in progress when Jesus spoke of “times of the Gentiles” The seven times, therefore, are prophetic. Applying the Scriptural rule: “A day for a year.” (Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6) would mean that the seven times of earth’s domination by worldly powers without divine interference amount to 2,520 years. Counting 2,520 years from 607 B.C.E. brings us to 1914 C.E. That is the year when “times of the Gentiles,” or seven times, ended. This means that Jesus Christ began to rule as King of God’s Kingdom in 1914.

"Sign of Christ's coming and of the end of the age (Last Days)

Another line of evidence is based on the signs Christ's stated would mark his coming.

Matt 24:3, 6-8 - "As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains".

All these things were happening before even in Jesus' time and before, so Jesus' sign must indicate that these will be on a bigger scale.

History supports that from the 1914 ( where the 1st global war was fought WW1 - 40million died ), more and more people are being killed in wars than before (60million killed in WW2). And it'll get worse as we now have more and more deadly weapons. Same story with quakes (including Tsunamis generated by under-ocean quakes), diseases, etc. Exactly as Jesus said would happen.

But he added "but the end is still to come" and that these are only "the beginning of birth pains". (This is the detail that the Bible Students missed initially).

In the book of Revelation, we get more details on why these deteriorating world conditions are happening:

Rev 12: 7-10, 12: "Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.12Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

The throwing of Satan from heaven was to result in "woes" to the earth because "he knows that his time is short".

Notice how Rev 12: 10 associates this Satan's ouster from heaven with Christ assuming Kingship - "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah."

This also tallies with the Lord's prayer at Matthew 6:10 - "'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven".

So God's Kingdom coming is associated with doing God's will on earth and in heaven. Apparently the heavenly part of God's will being done included Satan's ouster from heaven, then the changes on earth will follow in due time.

Christ was always going to wait a while (at God's right hand) after resurrection before ruling, and when he did start ruling he'd do so "in the midst of his enemies", till the time (no one but God knows, but obviously soon) to finalize God's will on earth:

Psalm 110:1,2- "The affirmation of Jehovah to my Lord: 'Sit at My right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.' The rod of thy strength doth Jehovah send from Zion, Rule in the midst of thine enemies".

Acts 7:55-56 - “But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, 'Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!'.”

That's it, folks. The basis is all biblical, and things tie up neatly. (Sorry for the long post)

3 Likes

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by loveroftruth: 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
@arsenalwenger

Why are you allowing yourself to be eaten up with hate ?

That you cannot see andything does not mean that all other people are blind like you.

If you do read your bible at all, you will know that the issue here is that christ was ask to 'seat' at christ right hand awaiting his enemy to be placed as a stool for his foot.

Are you blind to that part of the bible ?

Now, read the scriptures below and see it will clear your hatred for the Jw.

arsenalwenger: Typical of JW, confuse them and wind them down with argument and inconsistent proof. The link you provided have no correlation or justification or 1914. 1914 is a fraud only accepted by JW as a basis to enforce their official doctrine.

Christ said that all power that is in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth has been given to him immediately after his ressurection. He didnt have to wait until 1914 to get that done. Read your bible alone and ask God for inspiration to direct you. You are only telling me what the watchtower wants you to tell me. Wathctower is very wrong here. I wonder why you chose to believe and spread falsehood.

"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool." (Hebrews 10:12-13).

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2).

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church," (Ephesians 1:20-22).

1 Like

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
loveroftruth: You must be a coward.

It was you and i that had this debate earlier, but here you are, instead of asking me to continue with you, you are picking it with others.

i had addressed this issue of Neneve befor and educated you, but you dont seem to learn.

See the starting post i hard addressed to you when you started this your lies.

See my first post on that thread below to you, and any honest person can go to that thread from the link posted below also and find out who you are:

@Hisblud

you seem to know what Johnah did not know ?

Why did he Johnah complained that God is a forgiving God, that Yahweh will forgive them after he has preach to them ?

Why did Johnah got angry when God refused to destroy the Nenivites ?

Please answer.

And stop lying that Jw said that 1914 will be the end of the world, they did not say that.

now read this and educate your self, if the lies will leave you:

"But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful,
slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil." (Jonah 4:1-2).

Again, This was the message that God gave to Johnah and not those lies up there you posted:

"And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying, Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee. So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days’ journey. And Jonah began to enter into the city a day’s journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." (Jonah 3:1-4).

That message up there is very clear, but liars like you will add and twist it.

The point here is, that someone say what God has said even though God changed his mind, it cannot and will not make him a false prophet unless he lied and say what God has not told him.

But Jw never said that the are prophesying, no, rather, they are bible students that preached what they have seen in the bible.

Can you say that what they say is not in the bible ? No, you cannot.

So, your evil intent to maligned them is on you head.

Keep twisting. Maybe that is what your church teaches you.

Christians indeed, liars.

https://www.nairaland.com/1511829/why-people-treat-jehovah-witnesses/2#19644835

That is the thread where i had the discussion with you and you could not prove that Jonah's commission to to Nenevites was to warn them, it is a disgrace that your hatred for Jw has pushed you to open another thread.
hehe u funny, is your name bernimore? All your rhetorics, i skipped all you wrote above. Am waiting for who i addressed my kwetion to. Lol
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2013
hisblud: hmm from the quote above, it makes your assertion false. It stated that the END not BEGINING of troubles.

This is worthy of note:

He calculated that the gentile times will end that year. remember they never had full knowledge of what is going to happen at that time. They just calculated and found out that Jesus was going to become king that year, thus ending the time when God's rulership through davidic lineage was going to remain interrupted. WE HOLD TO THIS TEACHING TILL DATE.

The bible's chronology never said that they will go to heaven, but they began to expect that this will happen. this is where I will agree that they had WRONG EXPECTATION. but the 1914 calculation was correct. I dont know if you are getting my point.

But from the publication you gave above, it appears that that understanding was changed some years before 1914. that is basically where I may have misunderstood you.

EARLY in 1911, the president of the Watch Tower Society, C. T. Russell, gave a series of Bible lectures in major cities of Europe. Commenting on that tour, Russell wrote the following in The Watch Tower, May 15, 1911: “We were surprised to find so many evidences of prosperity everywhere . . . Our readers know that for some years we have been expecting this Age to close with an awful time of trouble, and we expect it to break out with suddenness and force not long [i]after [/i]October, 1914, which, so far as we can understand the Scriptures, is the date at which the Times of the Gentiles—the lease of earth’s dominions to the Gentiles—will expire; the time, therefore, when Messiah’s kingdom will be due to begin its exercise of power.”

As for the calculation of 1914, follow this link which I DONT know how many times I will give it to you.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005159?q=1914&p=par
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2013
arsenalwenger: This 1914 complex mathematics is not only a hoax but a perfect brainwashing. How can a man in his right senses allow another man to dump into his brain without questioning?

Believe that Jesus come back or made his presense in 1914, believe that my grandma is a virgin.

The link is above, start there to criticize.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
hisblud: please expantiate, what does this mean "the end of the gentile times" and "we saw the visible manifestation of it". Are you insinuating that gentiles dont rule no more? How?

No, but that according to that link, that at a point the kings from davidic lineage ceased to become king, awaiting when one who has the legal right will appear, Jesus. Prophetically, kings under that lineage ceased when Jerusalem was destroyed. the chronology of the time which will elapse before that one (Jesus) will appear is what has been calculated and we arrived at 1914.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
TroGunn:

Let anyone who wish to be blind remain blind. the bible said 70 years and some blind men want to discredit Jehovah's accurate statement. In short any person that says that it is 50 years, just ignore that person, if he rejects God's word, who are you then? When I see those silly comments, I often ignore them with short sentence and look for serious argument.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Discovered Truth About Christ Embassy Church. (picture) / Bible Believers Challenge #biblebelieverschallenge Day1 / HEAVEN ON EARTH: 2015. . Prophetic Theme For Living Faith Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.