Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

How Do I Get Fitness? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Get Fitness? (497 Views)

Look Trim And Fit! Lose 5kg Per Week(uk Certified Fitness Trainers) / The Most Healthiest And Fitness Woman And Man / Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Fitness? by arimahoseloka(m): 6:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hello good people.. I have been trying 2 be fully fit, I have been jugging mornings and evenings everyday.. Offcourse its very hard @ first.. But I later got use 2 it. The problem is that it is impossible 2 do it eveyday like I want 2. I get so tired and weak and my muscles become heavy and ache badly 2 d extent that walking becomes painful

I thought after going through this pain a few weeks my body will adjust. But no!! D body no gree o.. Pls advise me on how 2 go about this am really desperate 2 improve my overall fitness and physique.
Re: How Do I Get Fitness? by Nobody: 2:31am On Nov 13, 2014
Good advice I read somewhere....the road to fitness starts slow, slow slow!

You may want to restart your efforts by walking for 30-45 minutes every day....instead of jogging twice a day!(No wonder you are tired). Do that for a few months....then start running with the Couch to 5K programm( Click here for details)....an 8 week project that will help you get fit.

You may also join a gym as well.

Keep in mind.....slow and steady wins the race. You are starting out too fast.

I am not an expert (I am still learning!)....so here is some more info

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Fitness? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
To butress on what bushdoc said, you should also consider engaging in strength-training(weight-lifting) this will not only make you stronger but will also tone your muscles. Variation is key here. Jogging is good but it can be very boring and tiresome when done everyday. You could do strength-training 3 days in a week and also do cardiovascular exercises like brisk-walking and jogging for 2 days. Always remember to also improve the health quality of your diet because if you exercise regularly without taking cognisance of your diet, you are just like a person taking one step forward and two steps backward.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Records 1,888 Blood Donations In Six Months / Your Kind Gesture Count / Cold Water Can Be Refreshing, But Unhealthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.