Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images (2594 Views)

PDP Fans Burn APC Brooms, Put APC In A Coffin In Akwa Ibom State? (pictures) / Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium / Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex May Soon Be Renamed As "The Globalcom Arena" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by ujoinme: 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
image courtesy of http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29977185

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has confirmed the African champions will host Brazil in a prestigious friendly in March 2015.
The NFF says the game against the five-time world champions will be on 29 March at the new Akwa Ibom stadium, that was opened on Friday.
"The friendly match is sealed," NFF president Amaju Pinnick said.
"We began plans as soon as the new executive committee came on board and the arrangement is finalised now."
A friendly between the two had been scheduled for September 2012 at the Abuja National Stadium, but never materialised.
Continue reading the main story

There's no contract offer at the moment, it could be revisited at the end of the Nations Cup qualifiers.

An NFF official on Stephen Keshi
The two sides have only ever met once in the past and that was a friendly in 2003 in Abuja with Brazil emerging 3-0 winners.
The new 30,000 capacity stadium, in the south eastern city of Uyo, will host Nigeria's final 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against South Africa on 19 November.
But Akwa Ibom governor Godswill Akpabio said at the opening of the stadium in the state capital insisted this friendly will happen.
"Brazil will field the full complement of its stars for the match, including Barcelona star Neymar," said governor Akpabio.
While Pinnick also added that Ukraine and Serbia are also being considered for friendlies next year.
Meanwhile, BBC Sport understands that re-appointed coach Stephen Keshi has not yet been given a new contract by the football authority.
"There's no contract offer at the moment, it could be revisited at the end of the Nations Cup qualifiers," an NFF official told BBC Sport.
"The decision to allow him finish the qualifications came from above [the presidency], he is working based on a previous arrangement agreed after the World Cup."
The 52-year-old had paid the price for poor results in qualification for next year's Africa Cup of Nations but was given a chance to make amends following the intervention of Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan.
Nigeria face Congo and South Africa in later this month, needing two wins to stand a chance of making it to the 2015 tournament.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
Make I book space wink wink
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by shakol91(m): 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Alright. We need more
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Elcemento(m): 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
Fine stadium.

CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by yousee(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
As far as Akpabio don talk am, e too sure say the match go happen.
The man can move mountains

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Rikidony(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
AKWA IBOM AYAYA cool
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by herald9: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
proudly cool
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by ChimaAdeoye: 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
Now some pipul go begin bad belle attacks!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by OreMI22: 3:04am On Nov 13, 2014
Mo gbe oo!

Una wan make some pipul die hia?
Why una dey show dis kain thing?

It should be Getty images reject Nigerian stadium!
Then una go see our pipul happy!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by jazzydee: 3:12am On Nov 13, 2014
Nice, Akpabio is taking Akwa Ibom places, Last time i was at getty museum in LA, the pictures of Nigeria i saw there was an embarrasment, mostly civil wars, slums and dirty streets with dirty half dressed kids smiling for the cameras.
It would be great to see one inspiring image of Nigeria. Thank you Akpabio I might just go the getty this weekend hopefully the stadium picture is on display.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by eightsin(m): 5:01am On Nov 13, 2014
Booked
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:39am On Nov 13, 2014
Elcemento:
Fine stadium.

bros, ur slogan is whack, local, and nauseating!
'You build, we cement..'

So, am a supposed to build and then add cement? Even in blocks making u need the cement u come dey say, you build, we cement.

What's happened to slogan like:
"supplying the best cement for you stronghold"

"ensuring your long lasting home"

"we supply the best to build the best"

Anyway, av tried. Good luck in your business.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Chigold101(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2014
jazzydee:
Nice, Akpabio is taking Akwa Ibom places, Last time i was at getty museum in LA, the pictures of Nigeria i saw there was an embarrasment, mostly civil wars, slums and dirty streets with dirty half dressed kids smiling for the cameras.
It would be great to see one inspiring image of Nigeria. Thank you Akpabio I might just go the getty this weekend hopefully the stadium picture is on display.
getty decided to place the pictures you see cos they wish so. It doesnt mean that thats how nigeria is.
Of what benefit is the getty image gazzet for nigeria?
What good will it add to Nigeria?
It is time we Africans & Nigerians in particular stop looking up to white men for aproval. The United State of America will always look for a way of running Nigeria down.
Them power no reacham at all...
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Elcemento(m): 7:32am On Nov 13, 2014
Thanks for the observation.it's deeper than the way you put it.Anyways, I appreciate ur criticism.

SLIDEwaxie:
bros, ur slogan is whack, local, and nauseating!
'You build, we cement..'

So, am a supposed to build and then add cement? Even in blocks making u need the cement u come dey say, you build, we cement.

What's happened to slogan like:
"supplying the best cement for you stronghold"

"ensuring your long lasting home"

"we supply the best to build the best"

Anyway, av tried. Good luck in your business.

Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by donmalcolm21(m): 7:36am On Nov 13, 2014
We don't want Brazil to destroy our SE like they did in Abuja, why not England that I know we can beat
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 13, 2014
maintain it pls don't let it be like abuja stadium
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Wisdytech(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2014
GOOD
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by honeyad(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2014
Ok.. That's a good news
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Melancholy(m): 8:55am On Nov 13, 2014
jazzydee:
bro u can visit their gallery to see my exclusive photos with football stars during uefa trophy tour which even on sale. Proudly naija!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by BarryX(m): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2014
So finally we're better off cos of getty images! sad
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Lordabas: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2014

Akwa Ibom ayaya
cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by 100Cents: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2014
I was here..
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by maestroferddi: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2014
donmalcolm21:
We don't want Brazil to destroy our SE like they did in Abuja, why not England that I know we can beat
The Brazil of old or the one that got a 7-1 shellacking by Germany?

Omo forget, Brazil has about been demystified...
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by chimajii: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2014
nice stadium and effort from d Governor
Re: Akwa Ibom State Stadium Complex Has Been Gazetted By By Getty Images by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2014
Akpabio is a leader with so much vision

(1) (Reply)

'Attend Jonathan's Rally Or Forfeit Your Salary' - Fayose Threatens Workers / Fashola Commissions New School Classrooms. PICS... / Asari Dokubo Receives New Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.