Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,018 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Lady With A Bald Hair Need Help - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lady With A Bald Hair Need Help (1113 Views)

Ijeoma Rita Onyemaech, Lady With The Most Beautiful Face In Nigeria [PHOTOS] / Photo Of The Day: A Bald Fore-headed Lady! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lady With A Bald Hair Need Help by Scholarnon(f): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2008
Hey house please help, i have lost almost all my front and middle hair like men with bald hair. In my family my dad and almost all my bros have it. But as a woman i dont know why its happening to me too and am just in my late 20s. Please if any body know what i can do should pls help. Its so bad dat i can not remove wig from my head and its very embarassing.
Re: Lady With A Bald Hair Need Help by mohawkchic(f): 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2008
~Have you consulted anyone about it? I tried reading up on causes but without the problem been detected,it's a bit tricky giving advice!

~Here's what i found out!For more Info.,click on link below!

"Female pattern baldness, Alopecia, is not as common as male pattern baldness. It is also not as severe or as hard to contain and control. In addition, it is not that easy to recognize as male baldness because it occurs randomly throughout the head. The cause for female pattern baldness is not clear, but it could be related to genetic predisposition, aging, and levels of endocrine hormones.

Alopecia or scalp hair loss in women could start at just about any age, as early as the teens, and does not progress in any specific pattern. Most of the time it is mistaken for hair loss generally associated with pregnancy, illness or even hormonal changes post- menopause. There is no known way for preventing female pattern baldness."

http://www.baldnesscure.org/baldness-in-women/female-baldness.html
Re: Lady With A Bald Hair Need Help by mohawkchic(f): 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2008
"This disorder is known as Alopecia Areata. The condition doesn't only occur in women. It happens to both men and women of all ages. You're not alone! Alopecia Areata has been reported to be found in four million people around the world.

Typically, Alopecia Areata is onset in childhood. Out of every five people affected by the disorder, one of them has a family history of Alopecia Areata. This information strongly suggests that this form of baldness can be inherited. Unfortunately there is no known measure for prevention.

Not sure you have Alopecia Areata? You should consult your physician for prognosis and treatment. Check to see if you have any or all of the following symptoms:

*Patchy areas of hair are missing
*Circular bald patches (approximately the size of a quarter) appear
*In extreme cases, eyelashes, eyebrows, nasal hair, and body hair will completely shed

The importance of consulting a physician can not be stressed enough. While the disorder is not a life-threatening illness, Alopecia Areata can be very challenging on an emotional level. Especially for women and children. It isn't something that a person can 'learn to live with.' "

http://www.skincaredaily.com/hair-loss/cause-of-baldness-in-women.asp

(1) (Reply)

Www.ladieswholesaleshoes.com.ng / Be Aware Of The Power Of The Handbag / Please, Who Knows What This Shirt Is Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.