Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Olmpic Bid - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Olmpic Bid (854 Views)

Things People Do When Travelling In A Bid To Ensure Safe Journey.. / Bid For This Car / World Cup Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olmpic Bid by Migines(m): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2008
Olympic Bid

In an attempt to influence the members of the international Olympic committee on their choice of venue for the games in the year 2004, the organizers of Manchester's bid have already drawn up an itinerary and schedule of events. A copy has been leaked and is reproduced below.

OPENING CEREMONY

The Olympic flame will be ignited by a petrol bomb thrown by a native of the city (preferably from the Moss Side area), wearing the traditional balaclava. The flame will be contained in a large chip van situated on the roof of the stadium.

THE EVENTS

In previous Olympic games, Manchester's competitors have not been particularly successful. In order to redress the balance, some of the events have been altered slightly to the advantage of local 'Manchester' athletes.

100 METERS SPRINT
Competitors will have to hold a video recorder and microwave oven (one in each arm) and on the sound of the starting pistol, a police dog will be released from a cage 10 yards behind the athletes.

100 METERS HURDLES
As above but with added obstacles (i.e. car bonnets, hedges, gardens, fences walls etc.)

HAMMER
Competitors in this event may choose the type of hammer they wish to use (claw, sledge etc.) the winner will be the one who can cause the most grievous bodily harm to members of the public within the time allowed.

FENCING
Entrants will be asked to dispose of as much stolen silver and jewelry as possible in 5 minutes.

SHOOTING
A strong challenge is expected from the local men in this event. The first target will be a moving police van. In the second round, competitors will aim at a post office clerk bank teller or Securicor style wages delivery man.

BOXING
Entry to the boxing will be restricted to husband and wife teams, and will take place on a Friday night. The husband will be given 15 pints of lager while the wife will be told not to make him any tea when he gets home. The bout will then commence.

CYCLING TIME TRIALS
Competitors will be asked to break into the University bike shed and take an expensive mountain bike owned by some mummy's boy from the country on his first trip away from home. All against the clock

CYCLING PURSUIT
As above but the bike will be owned by a visiting member of the Australian rugby team, who will witness the theft.

MODERN PENTATHLON
Amended to include mugging, breaking and entering, flashing, joy riding and arson.

THE MARATHON
A safe route has yet to be decided , but the competitors will be issued with sharp sticks and bags with which to pick up litter on their way round the course.

SWIMMING
Competitors will be thrown off the bridge over the ship canal. The first three survivors back, will decide the medals

MEN'S 50KM WALK
Unfortunately this will have to be cancelled as the police cannot guarantee the safety of anyone walking the streets of
Manchester.

THE CLOSING CEREMONY

Entertainment will include formation rave dancing by members of the Salford Health in the Community anti-drug campaigners, synchronized rock throwing and music by the Stockport Community Choir. The Olympic flame will be extinguished by someone dropping an old washing machine onto it from the top floor of the block of flats next to the stadium. The stadium will be then boarded up before the local athletes break into it and remove all the copper piping and the central heating boiler.

WARNING(LONG CONTENT)
i was hoping u'll scroll down b4 reading
Re: Olmpic Bid by krama(m): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2008
Exactly, i scrolled down first. . . and ended up not reading it! Somebody to summarize for us please grin
Re: Olmpic Bid by sholabanke(m): 10:19pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ poster
are u saying all this were happening in manchester
its a big lieeeeeeeee
Re: Olmpic Bid by sima(f): 1:11am On Nov 25, 2008
i was gonnna say dat . . angry
Re: Olmpic Bid by Gabry(f): 5:42am On Nov 25, 2008
See manchester fans. grin
Re: Olmpic Bid by clemcykul(f): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2008
in action
Re: Olmpic Bid by yysl: 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2008
he he

Re: Olmpic Bid by clemcykul(f): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2008
yyl laff out na

if shit dey worry u just speak out angry grin angry
Re: Olmpic Bid by sima(f): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2008
i was also gonnna say dat angry
Re: Olmpic Bid by clemcykul(f): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2008
no need for dat now grin
am here as a spokes person cool grin grin
Re: Olmpic Bid by sholabanke(m): 11:50am On Nov 26, 2008
spokeperson to who?
Re: Olmpic Bid by sylve11: 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
to you na
Re: Olmpic Bid by tosinadeda: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2008
hissses

sholabanke:

@ poster
are u saying all this were happening in manchester
its a big lieeeeeeeee

its a joke duh grin
Re: Olmpic Bid by romsky: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2008
tank Gudness i read replies b4 d post
Re: Olmpic Bid by clemcykul(f): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2008
as if u can read.
Re: Olmpic Bid by romsky: 2:30pm On Nov 27, 2008
tuk after u wink
Re: Olmpic Bid by sholabanke(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2008
romade:

tank Gudness i read replies before d post
what happened wit the reply and post?
Re: Olmpic Bid by Moyola(f): 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2008
undecided
Re: Olmpic Bid by sholabanke(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
you hav to
Re: Olmpic Bid by romsky: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2008
sholabanke:

what happened wit the reply and post?

what is confusin u about dat?
Re: Olmpic Bid by mykali(m): 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2008
u guys never amaze to cease me. cheesy
Re: Olmpic Bid by sholabanke(m): 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2008
and u also never cease amazing us
Re: Olmpic Bid by romsky: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2008
tank u
Re: Olmpic Bid by mykali(m): 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2008
for wetin na.
Re: Olmpic Bid by sholabanke(m): 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2008
mykali:

for wetin na.
you think thats for u?
u better face front
Re: Olmpic Bid by mykali(m): 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2008
romade, who is this shola[b]banky w[/b] guy. abeg tell me b4 i enter trouble oh. undecided
Re: Olmpic Bid by romsky: 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
he is Omo Iya Banke
Re: Olmpic Bid by sholabanke(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2008
romade:

he is Omo Iya Banke
Good description
Re: Olmpic Bid by sima(f): 7:28am On Nov 28, 2008
i was gonnna say dat angry

(1) (Reply)

Some Days Just Start Better Than Others / The Eternal Riddle / A Young Girl Dating Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.