Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 (1623 Views)

Man Arrested For Defrauding Dead Friend / EFCC Arraigns Two For Defrauding American Woman Of N14 Million / UNILAG Student Jailed For Defrauding An American Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by sCun: 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
NAN reports that an Ikeja High Court on Thursday sentenced to 30 months imprisonment an undergraduate, Rilwan Adedigba, for defrauding an American woman, Zen Cariboso, of $1,1000 (N176000) dollars through an internet love scam. According to NAN, Justice Kudirat Jose sentenced 26-year-old Adedigba to 30 months imprisonment
after he pleaded guilty to the offences during his re-arraignment. The judge convicted Adedigba, who claimed to be a student of University of Cairo, Egypt, of five counts
of stealing and possession of fraudulent
documents preferred against him. She consequently sentenced him to six months
imprisonment on each of the counts. According to her, the sentence is to run
concurrently beginning from June 8, when he was arrested for the offence. NAN also reports that Jose ordered the convict to refund the 1,100 dollars to the victim as restitution. She also ordered him to forfeit the car he had bought from the proceeds of his crime to the Federal Government of Nigeria. The judge asked Adedigba to write an undertaking to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,
EFCC, to be of good behaviour after his release from prison. According to NAN, the convict had entered a plea bargain agreement with the EFCC. Narrating the facts of the case, the counsel to EFCC, Mrs Olubunmi Bosede, told the court that Adedigba committed the offences on Jan. 30 in Lagos. Bosede said the convict falsely represented to Cariboso that he was Murphy Paul, a white American living in Nigeria, who was in love with her. She said Adedigba used the scam to obtain the money from the woman. NAN reports that the prosecutor said that the offences committed contravened Sections 390 and 318 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.
www.today.ng/metro/yahoo-yahoo-undergraduate-sentenced-to-30-months-imprisonment-for-defrauding-american-lady-of-1100/
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by stonemind(f): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
he must be an Igbo man in disguise

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by humpito(m): 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
I smell bigotry.
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oment5: 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
Yo-robber people are fighting so hard to destroy the image of this country.
Doing kidnapping business in mexico while their actor baba suwe will be pushing drugs to tarnish our the good reputation that was built by Ndigbo and other minority tribes.
But I have this to tell them....

God pass unagrin

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
stonemind:
he must be an Igbo man in disguise
so its only Igbo people that scam?? undecided watch what u type. he is a yoruba man.Igbo people work very hard for their money, they don't scam people over the internet! embarassed internet scammers are mostly Yoruba's n deltas..no offense. next time, make research bfor u come here typing jargons.mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by johnmartus(m): 2:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
sCun:
NAN reports that an Ikeja High Court on Thursday sentenced to 30 months imprisonment an undergraduate, Rilwan Adedigba, for defrauding an American woman, Zen Cariboso, of $1,1000 (N176000) dollars through an internet love scam. According to NAN, Justice Kudirat Jose sentenced 26-year-old Adedigba to 30 months imprisonment
after he pleaded guilty to the offences during his re-arraignment. The judge convicted Adedigba, who claimed to be a student of University of Cairo, Egypt, of five counts
of stealing and possession of fraudulent
documents preferred against him. She consequently sentenced him to six months
imprisonment on each of the counts. According to her, the sentence is to run
concurrently beginning from June 8, when he was arrested for the offence. NAN also reports that Jose ordered the convict to refund the 1,100 dollars to the victim as restitution. She also ordered him to forfeit the car he had bought from the proceeds of his crime to the Federal Government of Nigeria. The judge asked Adedigba to write an undertaking to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission,
EFCC, to be of good behaviour after his release from prison. According to NAN, the convict had entered a plea bargain agreement with the EFCC. Narrating the facts of the case, the counsel to EFCC, Mrs Olubunmi Bosede, told the court that Adedigba committed the offences on Jan. 30 in Lagos. Bosede said the convict falsely represented to Cariboso that he was Murphy Paul, a white American living in Nigeria, who was in love with her. She said Adedigba used the scam to obtain the money from the woman. NAN reports that the prosecutor said that the offences committed contravened Sections 390 and 318 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.
www.today.ng/metro/yahoo-yahoo-undergraduate-sentenced-to-30-months-imprisonment-for-defrauding-american-lady-of-1100/
caused by this useless president
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by stonemind(f): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
EroticAngelina:
so its only Igbo people that scam?? undecided watch what u type. he is a yoruba man.Igbo people work very hard for their money, they don't scam people over the internet! embarassed internet scammers are mostly Yoruba's n deltas..no offense. next time, make research bfor u come here typing jargons.mtchew

the op started it.
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by dridowu: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:
Doing kidnapping business in mexico while their actor baba suwe will be pushing drugs to tarnish our the good reputation that was built by Ndigbo and other minority tribes.

God pass unagrin
http://247ureports.com/world-igbo-congress-chairman-joseph-eto-arrested-and-charged-for-fraud-in-the-usa/comment-page-1/

http://sunnewsonline.net/news/photos-nigerian-police-set-to-extradite-uk-murder-suspect-jeffrey-okafor

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by nationwide1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
This is the height of bigotry and barbarism! Why caption his name as Yoruba graduate? Is he not a Nigerian? Seun, make avenues to regulate topics that appear on NL.

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by xtervaganza(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
I don't understand the nonsense going on here

Yoruba people scam

Igbo people scam

Hansa people scam

We nigerians are fraudsters

So why make it a Yoruba people thingy
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Kororugged: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:

God pass unagrin

Dozzy, stay away from tribalism. Repent before it is too late

1 Like

Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oyeneku3: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:

God pass unagrin
Dozzy, are you not ashamed of yourself? grin
All you do is rant like a castrated rabid dog.
Whenever you are not screaming GEJ till idumuose brushes his rotten teeth, you are foolishly trying so hard to spew trash about the Odua nation.
Who did this to you?
A word of advice, "Do not be rude to your humble Hosts.."..Smh at your stewpidity..

2 Likes

Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oment5: 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oyeneku3:

Dozzy, are you not ashamed of yourself? grin
All you do is rant like a castrated rabid dog.
Whenever you are not screaming GEJ till idumuose brushes his rotten teeth, you are foolishly trying so hard to spew trash about the Odua nation.
Who did this to you?
A word of advice, "Do not be rude to your humble Hosts.."..Smh at your stewpidity..
Bia tlosv abi na tools be your name wetin nah?
Tell your kinsmen to repent cos the world is coming to an end via rapturegrin
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oment5: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kororugged:

You must be a foolish fool to tell me that, I have warned you Yo-robber insurgirls to stop advising me.
You people should first advise your smelling brothers who don't mind their biz to stay away from tribalism until then......
dridowu:

http://247ureports.com/world-igbo-congress-chairman-joseph-eto-arrested-and-charged-for-fraud-in-the-usa/comment-page-1/
http://sunnewsonline.net/news/photos-nigerian-police-set-to-extradite-uk-murder-suspect-jeffrey-okafor
Guy stop giving me worthless link, how many times does we have to prove to yo-robber people that many of them commit crime with igbo name.
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oment5: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kororugged:

You must be a foolish fool to tell me that, I have warned you Yo-robber insurgirls to stop advising me.
You people should first advise your smelling brothers who don't mind their biz to stay away from tribalism until then......
dridowu:

Guy stop giving me worthless link, how many times does we have to prove to yo-robber people that many of their kinsmen commit crime with igbo name.
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Kororugged: 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:
You people should first advise your smelling brothers who don't mind their biz to stay away from tribalism until then...... Guy stop giving me worthless link, how many times does we have to prove to yo-robber people that many of them commit crime with igbo name.

chidozie, repent before it is too late. tribalism is not good for u.

it is eating your soul

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oment5: 9:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kororugged:

chidozie, repent before it is too late. tribalism is not good for u.

it is eating your soul

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Mumu Yo-robber Cow.
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Kororugged: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:
Mumu Yo-robber Cow.

mr udeogu, stop abusing me and stay away from tribalism. what is your problem?
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oment5: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kororugged:

mr udeogu, stop abusing me and stay away from tribalism. what is your problem?
Mr kolo mental stop spamming my mention with stupidity.
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Kororugged: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:
Mr kolo mental stop spamming my mention with stupidity.

chidozie, i have your best interest at heart. stop tribalism today

u are wasting ur life away
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Oment5: 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kororugged:

chidozie, i have your best interest at heart. stop tribalism today

u are wasting ur life away
Oga carry your interest go give am to the yo-robber beggar next to your smelling compound without toilet facilitygrin

Abeg bros, stop spamming my mentions.
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by Kororugged: 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:
Oga carry your interest go give am to the yo-robber beggar next to your smelling compound without toilet facilitygrin

Abeg bros, stop spamming my mentions.

dozzy please stop tribalism. how old are you now?

be a good example to the younger generation please
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by dridowu: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
Oment5:
You people should first advise your smelling brothers who don't mind their biz to stay away from tribalism until then...... Guy stop giving me worthless link, how many times does we have to prove to yo-robber people that many of their kinsmen commit crime with igbo name.
so yoruba man impersonate world igbo congress chairman!!!! I know ur type .
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/09/i-come-to-lagos-to-buy-babies/

Case klose
Re: Undergraduate Imprisoned For Defrauding American Lady Of $1,100 by realteflon(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2014
Had it be a neighbor pushed this man,he would have been in a cooler for murder.Many Nigerians today are walking corpse that a single push,your whole life is doomed.Early 20s and sometimes 18yrs old in Nigeria of nowadays are diagnosed with hypertension.The thing is,age is'nt really an issue but stress is because lots of kids have taken up the responsibilities of 50yrs old.When kids that are suppose to be in school now turn bread winners and have to engage in prostitution,robberies to cater for sick parents,pay rent and send younger ones to school,blood pressure must go up.Most parents in low income households have this problem of hypertension because of fear of the uncertain future,little or no money etc.One may find out that this man and his wife's salary add together may not be up to 20k at the end of the month but YET,Nigeria is rich and our govt says we have more than $500b GDP.Infact any average Nigerian that makes it to 60yrs deserves an award because too many things cut our lives short over there.But i still I do not think Nigerians deserve any better,after all we chose to vote for tribe and religion instead of competence and integrity.May this man's soul rest in peace

(1) (Reply)

26-yr-old Man Kills Married Lover Because of Excessive Sex Demand / Pic (graphic) : Sad Day as OOUites Loose 12 In Ghastly Auto-Clash / Every Day For The Thief One Day For The Owner!!!!!! Killed Them All Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.