Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (368820 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 7:19am On Jan 27, 2015
olu4life:

Now u are talking. So we need 6 volunteers to work with u guys.
Our involvement as a group will be restricted to financial management. The 6 volunteers will be given specific task to accompany him for his chemo sessions as well as updating the thread with their progress report

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 27, 2015
DJDOLA:
PLS TEHN DON'T GIVE UP ON ME sadPLS TEHN DON'T GIVE UP ON ME

DJ sweetheart no one is giving up on you.
We are trying to do what is best for you
You know that we are here for you.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2015
Mynd44:

Anger has nothing to do with this but when someone comes out of the blues to accuse me of taking funds for my own use I think I have a right not to allow such BS stand.

I bet you would have done same too. I have been on this case since November 11. I even had to drag a friend along because I did not know the way to Eruwa. I remember going to 5 hospitals on the 14th in Lagos and being with Hameed everyday for more than a month straight.

If after all that someone can come out and imply I have been taking funds for personal gains and you don't find anything wrong with that statement you need to think about it again. If you think stepping off is about wanting to be right, you might consider that I was with Hameed today at LUTH for an appointment I begged a friend to arrange so we can have options. I could have just told him I won't be and no one will actually hold me.

The case has gotten to a point where others are needed to play their part.

To those who say anyone gave up, I guess giving up also includes putting down the plans and way forward. I also called the hospital in VI today to make sure the bill was okay and corrected some things just so when whoever will take this up will find it easy. I don't have time for anger but I take exception to being accused of diverting funds.

Anyone who draws sub from this is on his/her own

my dear if I could see you now,I would go on my knees and beg you. To be very sincere what you have done I Can not do. All I will just say is please have a rethink.
r231, pickabeau1, jaybee3, oam4j,chaircover, idowuogbo, etc. Please.

Even Dj has come out here to plead.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 7:57am On Jan 27, 2015
taryour:

my dear if I could see you now,I would go on my knees and beg you. To be very sincere what you have done I Can not do. All I will just say is please have a rethink.
r231, pickabeau1, jaybee3, oamj4,chaircover, idowuogbo, etc. Please.

Even Dj has come out here to plead.
Kneel down ke? *runs away* grin

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ochon: 7:58am On Jan 27, 2015
remsonik:

The truth is that before then hands off pls get volunteers that you are sure will continue from where mynd44 stopped. We can't leave DJ hanging, please bring on people that are commited to this cause that's the only way tehn can be guilt free

Remsonik, I don't know if you reading TeHN's posts at all. It's not easy for TeHN to get new volunteers. The ones they had can no longer continue. Do you think it's easy for them to get new volunteers? Some of them don't live in Nigeria. We've been on this case since yesterday and yet nobody has volunteered. Not everyone lives in Lagos and those that do might have work they can't afford to miss for DJ's case. And TeHN said they ain't backing out entirely, they're just gonna limit their roles.

This back and forth ain't helping matters. They have given us two options, let's choose from them and move on. Time is of the essence. Time is ticking away.

What I think needs to be done is for TeHN to go for option A, pay the money for the Chemo treatment in full or half and have DJ's brother cater to him while they hold on to the rest of the funds and release them occasionally when GENEUINE cause for such arises like Oam4j suggested. That way, we've combated our fears of the family spending money indiscriminately to a larger extent. While this is going on, there should be a thread on FP requesting for field workers that would volunteer at least for each Chemo sessions. 6 people should be enough. One for each session while DJ's brother keep us updated of his progress at least WEEKLY. Also anyone on this thread in Lagos can check on DJ even if it's once in a month during his or her free period to find out how he's doing or the state of things. I don't live anywhere in Lag or else I'd have volunteered or check on him whenever I'm chanced. This is now a collective effort, anyone that can visit DJ once in a while, it'll be appreciated. For the future volunteers, TeHN should notify them that the money for their transport won't be from their pockets unless an individual decides to do it on his own. That way, it'll help open up more chances for people to volunteer.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 27, 2015
DJDOLA:

thank God you are seeing it yourself now

IT IS WELL

TEHN DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO GIVE AND TAKE LIFE

GOD WILL DO IT HIS OWN WAY

IT IS WELL WITH YOU MY BROTHER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2015
ochon:

What I think needs to be done is for TeHN to go for option A, pay the money for the Chemo treatment in full or half and have DJ's brother cater to him while they hold on to the rest of the funds and release them occasionally when GENEUINE cause for such arises like Oam4j suggested. That way, we've combated our fears of the family spending money indiscriminately to a larger extent. While this is going on, there should be a thread on FP requesting for field workers that would volunteer at least for each Chemo sessions. 6 people should be enough. One for each session while DJ's brother keep us updated of his progress at least WEEKLY. Also anyone on this thread in Lagos can check on DJ even if it's once in a month during his or her free period to find out how he's doing or the state of things. I don't live anywhere in Lag or else I'd have volunteered or check on him whenever I'm chanced. This is now a collective effort, anyone that can visit DJ once in a while, it'll be appreciated. For the future volunteers, TeHN should notify them that the money for their transport won't be from their pockets unless an individual decides to do it on his own. That way, it'll help open up more chances for people to volunteer.
I second this. I will always visit DJ whenever I'm chanced to.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 27, 2015
@Femmy thank you for your words. God bless you. We appreciate you.

@to the people threatening that they wont donate to TEHN or wont allow TEHN to take up future cases; this is one of the fundamental problems we have with peoples wrong perception with what exactly chartity and volunteering is.
Who suffers? TEHN or some helpless person somewhere in the future who needs help?

Somehow some of you think that this is some kind of glamorous organisation where we sip wine and eat bokoto
If only you knew half the truth.
If only you read between the lines
Mynd mentioned something about Emails answered at 2am or I take off his head. He is right.
R231 himself get an earful from time to time. On sunday we spent over an hour on the phone while he was getting his ear chewed by me.

What about the risk of life on our dangerous roads . . .
The time, The energy, the sleepless nights . . .
DJ was diagnosed with TB, yet Mynd sat with him for months not minding that he too could get infected
If that is not love for a fellow brother what is?

People were shouting that they didnt get updates . . .
Should I update the house that we sent 48 Emails in one day
Should I update the house that last week I spent my lunch break calling LCC doctors from the UK for 30 minutes with my own money asking questions
Should I update the house that I spent all of Friday calling and contacting oncologists here in the UK begging for a private consultation just for them to look at all the results and give a second opinion?
Its not a reality show. Its not an entertainement channel. There is a young man figting for his life.

Even my family members are unofficial TEHN members. My own husband met Folake about 3 times. It was his friends shop we bought Folakes freezer and gen at highly discounted prices. We spent one whole day out of a 7 day holiday at ogunpa market and still went the next day to her house to do get photographs so that we can update the house.
My own mother knows DJ
When Folake died, Jaybee and my husband met up to go and see her family. I wasnt even in Nigeria at the time.
Many of you dont know anything . . . its easy to type. Someone here even had the boldness to say we handled folakes case wrong. E beru Olorun o!

Truly we have run out of steam and we need people to take over he baton for admin and being there physically. Mentally and Emotionally, we are not leaving DJ . . Never.
We will always be there for him and he knows that.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 27, 2015
ochon:

What I think needs to be done is for TeHN to go for option A, pay the money for the Chemo treatment in full or half and have DJ's brother cater to him while they hold on to the rest of the funds and release them occasionally when GENEUINE cause for such arises like Oam4j suggested. That way, we've combated our fears of the family spending money indiscriminately to a larger extent. While this is going on, there should be a thread on FP requesting for field workers that would volunteer at least for each Chemo sessions. 6 people should be enough. One for each session while DJ's brother keep us updated of his progress at least WEEKLY. Also anyone on this thread in Lagos can check on DJ even if it's once in a month during his or her free period to find out how he's doing or the state of things. I don't live anywhere in Lag or else I'd have volunteered or check on him whenever I'm chanced. This is now a collective effort, anyone that can visit DJ once in a while, it'll be appreciated. For the future volunteers, TeHN should notify them that the money for their transport won't be from their pockets unless an individual decides to do it on his own. That way, it'll help open up more chances for people to volunteer..

This makes sense.....

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Lateralmaths(m): 8:19am On Jan 27, 2015
chaircover:

@to the people threatening that they wont donate to TEHN or wont allow TEHN to take up future cases; this is one of the fundamental problems we have with peoples wrong perception with what exactly chartity and volunteering is.
Who suffers? TEHN or some helpless person somewhere in the future who needs help?

Somehow some of you think that this is some kind of glamorous organisation where we sip wine and eat bokoto
Mynd mentioned something about Emails answered at 2am or I take off his head. He is right.
R231 himself get an earful from time to time. On sunday we spent over an hour on the phone while he was getting his ear chewed by me.

DJ was diagnosed with TB, yet Mynd sat with him for months not minding that he too could get infected

Should I update the house that last week I spent my lunch break calling LCC doctors from the UK for 30 minutes with my own money asking questions
Should I update the house that I spent all of Friday calling and contacting oncologists here in the UK begging for a private consultation just for them to look at all the results and give a second opinion?
Its not a reality show. Its not an entertainement channel. There is a young man figting for his life.

Even my family members are unofficial TEHN members. My own husband met Folake about 3 times. It was his friends shop we bought Folakes freezer and gen at highly discounted prices. We spent one whole day out of a 7 day holiday at ogunpa market and still went the next day to her house to do get photographs so that we can update the house.
My own mother knows DJ
When Folake died, Jaybee and my husband met up to go and see her family. I wasnt even in Nigeria at the time.
Many of you dont know anything . . . its easy to type. Someone here even had the boldness to say we handled folakes case wrong. E beru Olorun o!

Truly we have run out of steam and we need people to take over he baton for admin and being there physically. Mentally and Emotionally, we are not leaving DJ . . Never.

Ma we know that you guys are doing your best and I believe that everyone on this thread appreciates what you are doing.
I think the best way forward is for TEHN to call for volunteers for this particular case who will be under your supervision. This will make the burden lighter. I believe people will volunteer if TEHN makes this call. The idea of handing him over to an entirely new team or of giving just emotional and mental support is scary.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 8:25am On Jan 27, 2015
chaircover:

My own mother knows DJ

Egbon ONLY FEW on this forum know you guys (tehn) and we know what you have sacrificed. I will keep repeating it that I PERSONALY can't do it, its not that I don't love humanity or have emotion, the TRUTH is that I for one am way to emotional and can't stand it for long.

We appreciate you guys ( tehn ) a lot God bless you. Even those here typing and making mouth and claiming know it all CANOT DO WHAT tehn has done.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 8:31am On Jan 27, 2015
l think the next reasonable step is to find a cheaper hospital with effective chemo treatment.
l believe his family should be able to be taking him to and from the hospital for treatment.
The way l see it, at this stage, after deciding on the best treatment plan and hospit by tehn, the only next thing they woukd be doing if handling the case is taking him to and back from the hospital for treatment.
Once the teatment cost is determined, money for logistics and treatment can be released as at when needed for each session so that the money goes into its inteded use.
Alternate option can also be decided and discussed with the doctor attending to him. lt can be used as a supplement complementing the chemo treatment. The doctors should be made aware in case of drug interaction.
l think tehn has made up its mind. what we need now is the next practical steps forward.
Can tehn research for the cheapest hospital with effective treatment plan so they can have a something workable to handover.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 8:51am On Jan 27, 2015
DJDOLA:
We(myself and Tehn) are NOT going to give up on you omo iya! We were individually chosen by God to impact your life my brother, fear not! worry not! Oba ara da ara. You shall conquer! Ha Ahmed, you shall fight this! Stage 4 is not too much for our miraculous God, he will make his presence known in your life.Amen!!! Fo kan e bale shogbo?

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Eneze1(f): 8:56am On Jan 27, 2015
Guys please what is the way forward? do we need 6 volunteers to accompany him for each of his Chemo treatment who will give an update to the house or TeHN is planning to handover to his brother as they said earlier. If we are going with volunteers, Please those residing in Lagos can we please volunteer if our schedule allows it. Once again thanks to the TeHN team they have really done a lot and may the Almighty God bless and keep them.

DJ by his stripes you are healed, may Almighty God perfect his healing over your life in Jesus name and you shall testify.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by justi4jesu(f): 9:00am On Jan 27, 2015
Any need for all these comments. Hmmm angry

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Lateralmaths(m): 9:03am On Jan 27, 2015
some comments here are not mature. I don't see any reason for name calling, curses and fights.
Can we all focus on DJ pls.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 9:08am On Jan 27, 2015
I volunteer (Not in TeHN capacity) to accompany him on one of the scheduled sessions so long as it falls between end of feb/early march

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 9:14am On Jan 27, 2015
gbadexy:
l think the next reasonable step is to find a cheaper hospital with effective chemo treatment.
l believe his family should be able to be taking him to and from the hospital for treatment.
The way l see it, at this stage, after deciding on the best treatment plan and hospit by tehn, the only next thing they woukd be doing if handling the case is taking him to and back from the hospital for treatment.
Once the teatment cost is determined, money for logistics and treatment can be released as at when needed for each session so that the money goes into its inteded use.
Alternate option can also be decided and discussed with the doctor attending to him. lt can be used as a supplement complementing the chemo treatment. The doctors should be made aware in case of drug interaction.
l think tehn has made up its mind. what we need now is the next practical steps forward.
Can tehn research for the cheapest hospital with effective treatment plan so they can have a something workable to handover.

Bro. I agree with you.

please if you can help us find a cheaper hospital, we will appreciate, we have checked through many suggested places.

Also anyone who know hospitals where we can get it cheaper can come forward and tell the house.

And time is of essence here. DJ needs to start his treatment ASAP.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by taryour(f): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2015
jaybee3:
I volunteer (Not in TeHN capacity) to accompany him on one of the scheduled sessions so long as it falls between end of feb/early march

Wow, nice one bro. Ese gan.just knowing you are in gives an assurance that all will be well. Aunty chaircover smile coming back to my face now o.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by edwife(f): 9:33am On Jan 27, 2015
DJDOLA:

It is well DJ,no one is giving up on you....

We have you in our prayers and thoughts,the same God that has kept you this far,will continue to do his wonderful work.

It is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.