Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (371308 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by bigtt76(f): 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
My dear, I understand and that is why I said its just a mere suggestion and not necessarily for adoption. Agreed ...Tehns acts in that capacity currently, why not empower Tehns with the funds to manage the funds on behalf of the family?

We all know how our people behave when given such funds or empowered without supervision ....it will all drain off without trace trust me ...I might be wrong or right but I believe if the not properly managed, we might just end up compounding the little problem the family DJ left behind had before their son's demise with the donation.

babyosisi:

Why should we be concerned about all of this?people are not being paid for these services.
There is already Tehns acting in that capacity now you want a foundation set up
Hia

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
DJDOLA:
PLS TEHN DON'T GIVE UP ON ME sadPLS TEHN DON'T GIVE UP ON ME

My heart is heavy, I know you are In a better resting place. God have mercy on us all.Life is not all about flaunting wealth on instagram and flexing, if you have what it takes to help, please do so. Try make an impact on someone's life before you leave.Death is a debt we all owe in this world. RiP DjDola.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
I find the land/house suggestion very laughable and rather insulting. They must think nairalanders are loaded with so much cash. Do they know this is an anonymous forum undecided

To be honest, I'm disappointed that the family came up with that option. Sounds like they want to take the piss and abuse the goodwill they've received so far from us. Do they know what it costs to buy a land and build in lagos?? The fact is that we owe the family NOTHING!

That said, Option 3 without the house rent/relocation.

If you fund the house rent, what happens in the next 2-3yrs when the rent expires? They will definitely seek Tehn out, bombard them with calls and demand for money to renew the rent and this can turn out to be an unending cycle.

So please option 3 without the house rent/relocation.

After all, they lived and survived during the lifetime of djdola and I'm sure they will do fine now that he's no more. God will be with them and see them through.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Abeg i no fit laugh e....person wey hin death don reach 2 months na hin this African superman wan carry go paradise? Ishilove, please deliver this guy to the psycho sec na...u no see say e don begin ring for hin head? Na until hin tear cloth show us hin periwinkle before you carry am? Move this man abeg angry
grin Just going thru d dude comment, couldn't help it but laugh at his mindset.
Babe how u dey? Longst time. cool
Caracta, how u doing?
Babyosisi my luvly sista hope u good?
#JstChkinOnU

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
olu4life:

Caracta, how u doing?
#JstChkinOnU

I'm fine o. How is everything...and Brian?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by duni04(m): 10:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Set up a foundation that will help provide emergency care to people that need it. Let's create a system to help future DJDOLAS instead of waiting for them to fall sick and start begging on Nairaland front page again. Its a more pragmatic and sustainable way of utilising the money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
breadandbutter:

His parents will be glad to have a mosque in their Son's name than having a shop filled with goods cos all we have here is vanity. I'm only trying to get him to paradise with the mosque suggestion undecided

Yes, because you are their thoughts in human form.

If life was more important than putting food on the table then there should be a mosque for every muslim home.

I guess you would rather they starve. Nope, they can't, cheesy God will send a guardian angel because of their selfless Ibadah, isn't it? undecided

I think you should be banned.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ifoundmyperfect: 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
His mom has suffered a great deal. Please let's focus on establishing she's well taken care off. That is the wish of every son... Either living or dead... 1.7million isn't what we sld be killing ourselves deliberating... Building mosque, setting up a foundation isn't a Go for me... After all this money was meant entirely for the well being of this late chap... We don't pray for another NLder for have a terminal illness, but if it so happens, we will still rise up to the occasion..

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
Caracta:

I'm fine o. How is everything...and Brian?
Great. Brian is doing so fine nd getting bigger. Thanks for asking
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by cococandy(f): 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
breadandbutter:

His parents will be glad to have a mosque in their Son's name than having a shop filled with goods cos all we have here is vanity. I'm only trying to get him to paradise with the mosque suggestion undecided
why do I have the feeling that you're not even a Muslim?

Most likely here to stir up rancor.

I think you should be ignored henceforth.

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ralphlauren:
I find the land/house suggestion very laughable and rather insulting. They must think nairalanders are loaded with so much cash. Do they know this is an anonymous forum undecided

To be honest, I'm disappointed that the family came up with that option. Sounds like they want to take the piss and abuse the goodwill they've received so far from us. To they know what it costs to buy a land and build in lagos?? The fact is that we owe the family NOTHING!

That said, Option 3 without the house rent/relocation.

If you fund the house rent, what happens in the next 2-3yrs when the rent expires? They will definitely seek Tehn out, bombard them with calls and demand for money to renew the rent and this can turn out to be an unending cycle.

So please option 3 without the house rent/relocation.

After all, they lived and survived during the lifetime of djdola and I'm sure they will do fine now that he's no more. God will be with them and see them through.
walahi,e b like say for that egbon mind dem don hit jackpot.Imagine from one room to mansion with people's sweat o... so the people that donated don't have family members that depend on them for daily bread? How rude!!!! angry
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OAM4J: 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
Thank you all for all your contributions.

Just to clarify the accommodation part of option 3.

We think her having a change of environment is a good/positive change after losing a child in her current address.

We are not planning to go and get them a house at Lekki or VGC, the kind of accommodation the family suggested for the mum costs about N5,000 a month and that means N60,000 for a year and about N120,000 for 2 years; give and take N150,000 for 2 years including all other fees.

Our hope is that since we are also empowering DJ's mum, she should be able to maintain that kind of an accommodation after 2 years.

But then whatever happens after 2 years is left to the family.

12 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 10:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
olu4life:

Caracta, how u doing?
#JstChkinOnU
Ijogbon, I bam o! Ou far? Brian don begin call you uncle? Abi e never big reach? grin
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ola20ng(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
My fellow Nairalanders, please for God's sake ignore the guy breadandbutter soliciting for building of a mosque. He got the entire message wrong. I am a muslim and, Alhamdulillah, Muslims are not short of mosques.If we need one, we know how to raise funds. TeHN can decide on whatever they
feel . Even if no kobo is given to his parents,Almighty God (Who has been providing for them before) knows how to cater for them. He is All-provider.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
Idowuogbo:

walahi,e b like say for that egbon mind dem don hit jackpot.Imagine from one room to mansion with people's sweat o... so the people that donated don't have family members that depend on them for daily bread? How rude!!!! angry

Very, very rude I tell you. angry

Tehn had better be very,very careful with that so called egbon. Please settle the mum asap and hands off the family completely.

This egbon can turn around to blame Tehn for the brother's death and say that he was "carried from one hospital to another" and maybe he would have lived if they had allowed him to patronise herbalists.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ishilove: 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
breadandbutter:

Enough of this rubbish. Do you think we're joking here?!

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tunshe: 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
shrekandfiona:

am sorry I had to quote you but I donated anonymously solely for Dj's treatment. I had little but I gave hoping it will at least pay part of his hospital bills. Since he is no more, I will like my funds diverted to someone else in need here on nairaland not to his folks.

In that regards I go with option 3 minus the house rent part please. A business can be established for his mum but my funds should please not be used for any house rent. He has other able bodied family members who should be able to care for his parents/elders. Thanks

So because you donated,we shouldn't hear word again?

Mind you there are many anonymous, state your suggestions and let the committee decide.

I think option 3 is more appropriate if properly managed.

God bless all the donors!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Lateralmaths(m): 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
option 3
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Eneze1(f): 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2015
Option 3 please. Thanks Tehn for all your efforts, may Almighty God bless you for everything you have done so far
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
OAM4J:
We think her having a change of environment is a good/positive change after losing a child in her current address.
We are not planning to go and get them a house at Lekki or VGC, the kind of accommodation the family suggested for the mum costs about N5,000 a month and that means N60,000 for a year and about N120,000 for 2 years; give and take N150,000 for 2 years including all other fees.
Our hope is that since we are also empowering DJ's mum, she should be able to maintain that kind of an accommodation after 2 years.

No I don't agree that moving her from her present abode will help her. On the contrary, this is where she is known, where friends and support groups can come and console/commiserate with her. Moving her at this point will be very harsh on her psyche. I am talking from experience.

*just saw ur update and barged in. Lemme go and read up and get updated.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
OAM4J:

I totally agree with the accomodation ish. Its very necessary pls,been there,know what it looks like. Then the shop should keep them going for the rest of d years after initial payment by TEHN.
As for the egbon,biko use wisdom to discard am o. E wan reap where e no sow. Their parents are aged so i dont know what the land at Badagry is for. Not even an option.
@idowuogbo lolz @ ijogbon. He is doing great jawe. Havent carved out time to see him. Work no gree me but hopefully this wkend cheesy

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
OAM4J:

Fair point.

However, look at it from this angle. If she owned the house, will she sell her home and move out just because she lost her son there?

Don't forget that she must have also shared many memorable and pleasant unforgettable moments with her son in the same house.

I think option 3 without the house rent is the best option in my own opinion.

Besides, the family will also expect Tehn to furnish the house (no matter how small).

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Ralphlauren(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Gboliwe:

No I don't agree that moving her from her present abode will help her. On the contrary, this is where she is known, where friends and support groups can come and console/commiserate with her. Moving her at this point will be very harsh on her psyche. I am talking from experience.

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by vicadex07(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Option 3 with minor modifications

Current accommodation should be rehabilitated and some years rent paid

Relocation could unnesecarily increase their overall cost of living which might be difficult to keep up with for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Gboliwe:

Then we are only looking at the shop option if accommodation is out undecided
Seems the accomodation ish looks big to some people. Its not like we moving her to Island. It can be close to her former residence but far better from the present place

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olotooto: 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Option 3 please.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by eluquenson(m): 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Option 3 will suffice
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by kliq(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
olu4life:

Then we are only looking at the shop option if accommodation is out undecided
Seems the accomodation ish looks big to some people. Its not like we moving her to Island. It can be close to her former residence but far better from the present place
I'm with you on the bolded. Abi no b the same apartment wey dj dey sleep for floor you go? Haba! we gats move the folks to a better living space ooo... sad

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by hoodboy(m): 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
Option 3, or better yet just give his mum the entirety of what is left. When other people with needs arises, same way funds were rallied for Dj dola will be the same way funds will be generated. May God never let our pockets run dry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
Okay, this is serious business and the young man talking about building a mosque clearly mis-understood what he read. So, let's disregard his opinion. It doesn't count.

2ndly: Jaybee3 have you and the team discussed with DJ's mom the kind of business she may want to invest in? I am asking, using myself as an example. If a group decides to fund/uplift Mama Gboliwe and they find a shop, pay rent and stock up provisions/ foodstuff for her and ask her to mange it, I doubt the business will succeed because she is not cut out for selling/buying petty trading provision shop. So, ask DJ's mother what she wants to do and let's fully establish her

As per lodging, she should please not be relocated except she says so. If not, rent in the same property can be paid for her and her aged husband (that one is jara.) I can live with the thought that my small donation is used for that.

The brother asking for a house in badagry, is he the same one that left everything and nursed DJ till he died? Something tells me he isn't! If my assumption is right, could you guys please tell him I said he should STFU!!!!!!! angry

Having said all these, methinks option 3 with a slight fine-tuning is best.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
Gboliwe

It was not the brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.