Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (370907 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

I should leave my own sickness and the hospital and fly down after all suggestions when something could be done were ignored and insulted abi.

Anyway na me wey dey reply you I blame.

Are you still in the hospital?
Please get well soon
Don't stress yourself out with responses here,you don't need that

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

Are you still in the hospital?
Please get well soon
Don't stress yourself out with responses here,you don't need that
In and out sister. Thank you dear
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

In and out sister. Thank you dear

Pregnancy related or what?

(Just my guess)
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

(Just my guess)
Babymama1:

(Just my guess)

Lol will send you a mail.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

Lol will send you a mail.

Lol
Looks like babyo is right
That stupeed hotmail of mine
I feel it's not totally compatible with apple
I can't even open the mailbox any longer

Was I right?
Ngwa whisper
What kain in and out of hospital ,Oga don score serious goal? grin
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

Lol
Looks like babyo is right
That stupeed hotmail of mine
I feel it's not totally compatible with apple
I can't even open the mailbox any longer

Was I right?
Ngwa whisper
What kain in and out of hospital ,Oga don score serious goal? grin

Sent you a mail jare, leave the excitement. A little more serious but God is God jare and thankful for doctors
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
colossus2:
There would have been no update on this thread if emmysexxy didn't come here to talk undecided
Hian! you sef.smh

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

Sent you a mail jare, leave the excitement. A little more serious but God is God jare and thankful for doctors

I read it but the email wouldn't let me respond
I am happy things are moving well

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

I read it but the email wouldn't let me respond
I am happy things are moving well

Thanks dear. Out of this thread, Dj its well with you

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
I just read an email from emmysexxy who says on this site that she is DJ's neighbor and We have no reason to doubt her
and the reality of the situation is grim just like her posts here have already painted.
India or any trip outside the country is no longer an option at this point based on her short mail ( this is purely my deductions )
This is all in God's hands right now.
That is all I am going to say for now

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
rayo2002:

I am not a TeHN member, just an observer of this forum. Since she is not in the country, what about you, colossus2 and the concerned neighbour. I am sure there are others who are also in support of taking him abroad, why can't you all step in? If someone is given a task and isn't performing, the logical thing is to reassign to someone else as long as the project can still be salvaged. My own concern is that if there is something that can be done, let the option be explored. Chikena.
I am miles away.
Do you think those who clamoured for him to be taken abroad just said it and wanted to fold their arms.
We all know the situation of the Nigerian health sector.
One thing is certain, if you have experienced this, you won't want DJ to be treated here.
From the onset, the mission was to take him out of naija right from Eruwa.
Things changed, hide and seek game came to play etc.
70% of funds raised squeezed by the hospital who knew what they were doing.
Initial funds raised was a kick-starter for any trip abroad, and more fund would have been raised.
This thread is boiling all because a neighbour came out to talk, and the blame game on her for opening up, then the long awaited and much needed update surfaced

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Hian! you sef.smh
Idowu....white is white, black is black.
We can't use a rake to paddle a canoe.

10 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Dj God is with you.

Tehn...I must commend your efforts. No one understands until they find themselves in the shoes.

As for the proclaimed neighbor
Tehn begged for volunteers ...where were you?
Now you feel more concerned

Its so easy to sit back at home and type

11 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
It's now the neighbours turn to get bashed abi? Her crime giving an update.

8 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
chidyhels:
Dj God is with you.

Tehn...I must commend your efforts. No one understands until they find themselves in the shoes.

Do you know her schedule ,limitations or if she is there in the area permanently?

How about you
Why couldn't you volunteer?
But for this neighbor,there still may not have been an update on this case
This thread owes her some thank you for speaking up and forcing Tehns to break their silence and come up with a much needed response
Don't come here to chastise her please

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:
It's now the neighbours turn to get bashed abi? Her crime giving an update.

O di egwu

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by lovinam: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
It is ok nne. No use wasting all our energy going back and forth. So many things got me upset in this case, that's why I stayed partially out. Leave the blame game.

Mynd44 and co, pls figure out a way to manage this case while we pray for a miracle.

Tehn you have tried...
Babymama1 you are babyopsisi right? You should have known from the get go na... Based on a personal experience I saw things clearly
Babymama1:

Do you know her schedule ,limitations or if she is there in the area permanently?

How about you
Why couldn't you volunteer?
But for this neighbor,there still may not have been an update on this case
This thread owes her some thank you for speaking up and forcing Tehns to break their silence and come up with a much needed response
Don't come here to chastise her please
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by esere826: 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
There is a saying that

...."too many cooks spoil the broth"

TeHN
you've done well no matter the mistakes or outcome

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Tehn has tried but i think they got abit carried away along the way in my own opinion. l could care less wgat anybody feels. But i believe we are all humabs afterall and lessons have been learnt.
I commend posters like babyosisi and busybody too. Even for a layman like me, i deduced the enormity of the case she sent to tehn but made public later due to circumstance and busybody did say she was afraid it might be discovered that its too late with like 2 months left far back back like over a month ago. since she saw malignancy and mestasis in the reports made public. l did ask a medical doctor about mestasis and the first few words he sent me made me cold. i tried sending a pm to babyosisi because i couldnt post such on the forum.
my parambulation is to show that the handlers must have been aware of how grim the situation was far back as 2 months ago going by babyosisi's mail to them about the true situation.
But i doubt they could have done more but folliw the pace of the doctors they felt were sincere and knows what they were doing.
Besides i'm of the opinion they inherited the case at a late stage already since the malignancy and mestasis popped up early in the case.
Account of monies spent should be made public and the rest used to assist him and his family meaningfully as that is part of ensuring quality life for him.
l guess tehn didnt know how to break the grim update hence the delays but the discerning minds already know from previous posts that the silence itself is a message. l sight tehn members on the thread viewing anytime someone asks for updates. But notwithstanding, i'm of the opinion things would have been handled differently with different outcome uf they had early start with time to wirk with.
At this junction, we can truly leave all to the creator to see as it ends and pray for something positive.

5 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by pickabeau1: 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
It would have been in bad taste to update the thread of a diagnosis obtained recently without informing the patient and his family.

Cc gbadexy

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by MadCow1: 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

It is ok to now rationalize

How do you know going to India wouldn't help when he didn't go?
Was there even a frantic effort to go?
There were opportunities to get him that passport but it was not the immediate pre occupation of Tehns so it fell by the way side truth be told
If we found time to ferry him for several tests we would have found time to take him to a passport office if it was a priority but it wasn't
Here on this site were arguments back and forth at the dying minutes about chemotherapy in India being a bad option when the patient didn't even have a passport let alone a visa to India
I hope we all learn from this.

At the time when that India conversation came up, how much was in the pool?
How much would it had cost to get him a passport, ticket and accommodation in India?
How much was his treatment in India going to cost on the average?
How much was his upkeep in India going to cost?
Remember that he would have had to travel with a caretaker so most of these cost would have been ttimes 2.
Who was going to cover the cash shortfall?

I remember that discussion. Everybody pitched India, but nobody talked about how much it was going to cost to achieve that. Remember as well that flying out a sick man in his condition isn't as simple as just purchasing a ticket, he had to also undergo tests that would allow the airline fly him. And travelling to India was also subject to him getting a Visa.

That India business was easier on paper than it was with the realities we faced at the time.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by lovinam: 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
Yes you have a huge point. Tehn I believe knew. The situation earlier than now. I understand their plight tho. It is well
gbadexy:
Tehn has tried but i think they got abit carried away along the way in my own opinion. l could care less wgat anybody feels. But i believe we are all humabs afterall and lessons have been learnt.
I commend posters like babyosisi and busybody too. Even for a layman like me, i deduced the enormity of the case she sent to tehn but made public later due to circumstance and busybody did say she was afraid it might be discovered that its too late with like 2 months left far back back like over a month ago. since she saw malignancy and mestasis in the reports made public. l did ask a medical doctor about mestasis and the first few words he sent me made me cold. i tried sending a pm to babyosisi because i couldnt post such on the forum.
my parambulation is to show that the handlers must have been aware of how grim the situation was far back as 2 months ago going by babyosisi's mail to them about the true situation.
But i doubt they could have done more but folliw the pace of the doctors they felt were sincere and knows what they were doing.
Besides i'm of the opinion they inherited the case at a late stage already since the malignancy and mestasis popped up early in the case.
Account of monies spent should be made public and the rest used to assist him and his family meaningfully as that is part of ensuring quality life for him.
l guess tehn didnt know how to break the grim update hence the delays but the discerning minds already know from previous posts that the silence itself is a message. l sight tehn members on the thread viewing anytime someone asks for updates. But notwithstanding, i'm of the opinion things would have been handled differently with different outcome uf they had early start with time to wirk with.
At this junction, we can truly leave all to the creator to see as it ends and pray for something positive.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
MadCow1:

At the time when that India conversation came up, how much was in the pool?
How much would it had cost to get him a passport, ticket and accommodation in India?
How much was his treatment in India going to cost on the average?
How much was his upkeep in India going to cost?
Remember that he would have had to travel with a caretaker so most of these cost would have been ttimes 2.
Who was going to cover the cash shortfall?

I remember that discussion. Everybody pitched India, but nobody talked about how much it was going to cost to achieve that. Remember as well that flying out a sick man in his condition isn't as simple as just purchasing a ticket, he had to also undergo tests that would allow the airline fly him. And travelling to India was also subject to him getting a Visa.

That India business was easier on paper than it was with the realities we faced at the time.

What you are doing now is called Monday morning quarterbacking
Did anyone invested in this case propose any of those your reasons as pitfalls at the various times this came up?
No
The argument was that I was jumping ahead of myself
In fact I was accused of wishing DJ cancer and death
They told us they needed to get tests results and a definitive diagnosis and I wrote in bold that we have wasted enough time testing
Isn't it the same donors that sent him to the hospitals he had been to that will send him to India?
Was the money to India ever mentioned as the reason why that option was never considered seriously?
NO
So why bring that up now?
I don't remember you being active on this thread,you may well go and read the conversations many pages away
How will anyone talk about the cost to India when it wasn't an explored option at the window of time we had to do it?

I contacted India doctors months ago when the diagnosis was chronic liver disease dz and a possible transplant needed and 90% of posters here came down on me,go and read those posts.
I have sent a relative to India on a stretcher,it is not rocket science to go there
I know the process of getting a medical visa to India and I had spoken to their travel coordinator about DJ's case with my own phone
What I lacked was an enthusiasm on the site that this was even an option
Ask members of Tehns if I didn't plead with them way back to take the results so far to fortis for their impression and possible estimate
News of DJ feeling better and the diagnosis of liver abscess that was under control entitled posters to call me a witch basically

I wish the most likes on a post could translate to positive outcome, we won't be here today
Unfortunately it doesn't.

I believe I don't have anything more to say
I am done with the topic for now and will just watch events like any other person with fingers crossed.
Your turn.

6 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by armyofone(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2015
aisha2:

I know my sister, my friend debriefs fathers cancer was discovered at stage 4, he is alive and fine strong as a horse, my fathers own at stage 3 thankfully we acted fast and after 10 weeks he was fit as a horse, went back after a year still.cancer free and strong.
Sadly in this case we are still juggling and blame shifting, I begged before Christmas that we stary fund raising and act fast prayer warriors jumped on me with incantations and rebuking all sorts

Please aisha, can you drop idea what they can do at the current stage and which hosp to take him next ?

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
armyofone:

Please aisha, can you drop idea what they can do at the current stage and which hosp to take him next ?

Nne did anyone tell you finding a reputable hospital in India was the problem at the time that option could have been explored?
It doesn't appear that option is even possible now from the look of things

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
armyofone:

My friends Dad and mine went to India, I went to UK where my husband has some cover.
The truth is there is not much they can do here, the type of chemo here is painful.

But we dont even seem to know how far its gone and if it has spread, if the cancer has spread as I fear it has from the neighbors report the solution is to pray and offer palliative care.

If they kept communicating with the indian hospital Babyosisi started with they may let them know if he can still be taken there.

If he can still be taken there am ready to kick in for Djola because even with my late family members even when we knew it was the end stage we still tried to save them and that gave us some peace

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by emmysexxy(f): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
chidyhels:
Dj God is with you.

my dear check when I registered.I just did when things became out of control
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
emmysexxy:
like I promised monday is the day and have not really hear them say what I want to say.so am trying to fuell my engine for monday to tell u guys d koko.am going to c him next week.so all badhers and haters get ready.

ls there more information's than the update we have already?......the whole drama is getting so confusing....

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by armyofone(m): 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
Aisha and Osisi, since everything is in the open now, how about getting started. Bless you all.
Osisi, can you do anything more with the Indian suggestion, can they reduce cost etc... bikonu.

aisha2:

My friends Dad and mine went to India, I went to UK where my husband has some cover.
The truth is there is not much they can do here, the type of chemo here is painful.

But we dont even seem to know how far its gone and if it has spread, if the cancer has spread as I fear it has from the neighbors report the solution is to pray and offer palliative care.

If they kept communicating with the indian hospital Babyosisi started with they may let them know if he can still be taken there.

If he can still be taken there am ready to kick in for Djola because even with my late family members even when we knew it was the end stage we still tried to save them and that gave us some peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by OEPHIUS(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
colossus2:

I am miles away.
Do you think those who clamoured for him to be taken abroad just said it and wanted to fold their arms.
We all know the situation of the Nigerian health sector.
One thing is certain, if you have experienced this, you won't want DJ to be treated here.
From the onset, the mission was to take him out of naija right from Eruwa.
Things changed, hide and seek game came to play etc.
70% of funds raised squeezed by the hospital who knew what they were doing.
Initial funds raised was a kick-starter for any trip abroad, and more fund would have been raised.
This thread is boiling all because a neighbour came out to talk, and the blame game on her for opening up, then the long awaited and much needed update surfaced
Why are you folks like this? You said no one took travelling out seriously but you forget that as early as November consultations were already made with the indian hospital and it was seen that it was not an option. R231 said it on this thread that travelling will be difficult

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.