Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail (46113 Views)

Thorns Part 1 / Travail Of Agent Davis / BED OF THORNS (a short story by madgoat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 5:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
ElPhoche:
To think I encountered this amazing story now.. Read it virtually non-stop, beginning to the end. Thumbs up. Great write up and I love ur style.
Thanks for taking out time to read. God bless. I will recommend you read 'Restless' if you have not.
Cheers!
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by MightyFortress: 1:06am On Dec 24, 2015
Sir, its been over a year you concluded this story and I just found it today... I couldn't put my phone down till I finished it, as is evident from the time of my post.... I am short of words.... All I can say is that may the unchangeable God who rememberd you and your family remember me too and everyone who believes in him after reading this story..... Ahhh..... May we share our own testimonies some day like this too... Amen. Its well... Remain blessed and warmest regards to your family.... Raise your kids to be strong the way your mum raised you.... Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 7:22am On Dec 24, 2015
MightyFortress:
Sir, its been over a year you concluded this story and I just found it today... I couldn't put my phone down till I finished it, as is evident from the time of my post.... I am short of words.... All I can say is that may the unchangeable God who rememberd you and your family remember me too and everyone who believes in him after reading this story..... Ahhh..... May we share our own testimonies some day like this too... Amen. Its well... Remain blessed and warmest regards to your family.... Raise your kids to be strong the way your mum raised you.... Shalom.

Thanks a lot mighty! I love this name of yours "mighty Fortress" very powerfull and bold name. Thanks for your time and the good wishes. You are favoured.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by MightyFortress: 9:09am On Dec 24, 2015
DOMAWOLEYE:

Thanks a lot mighty! I love this name of yours "mighty Fortress" very powerfull and bold name. Thanks for your time and the good wishes. You are favoured.
Thanks Sir.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by olite93(m): 10:21am On Dec 24, 2015
DOMAWOLEYE:

The Army is indeed a great and noble Career to pursue especially from the cadet cadre. I mean NDA. Either direct regular or short service. But joining as a recruit? hmmm. Ensure you strive to go to school and get commissioned!
Cheers!
gr8 advice, thnx sir. A csp also told me same. M glad m pursuing dat thru ssc. Thanx alot
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by ElPhoche(m): 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
DOMAWOLEYE:

Thanks for taking out time to read. God bless. I will recommend you read 'Restless' if you have not.
Cheers!
Sure I will. You can help me with the link if you can...
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:21am On Dec 25, 2015
ElPhoche:

Sure I will. You can help me with the link if you can...
Just click my name it will take u to my profile page the check all my posts.
Cheers! Happy xmas.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
Wow!
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by DOMAWOLEYE(m): 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
Wow!
wow you said? thank you! please read 'Restless' another of my story. it is presently under going publishing process by Parteride publishers U.S.A.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by curvydiva(f): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE:

wow you said? thank you! please read 'Restless' another of my story. it is presently under going publishing process by Parteride publishers U.S.A.
That 'Restless' is one awesome story.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 25, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE:

Okay sir!
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by solaceguy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Your stories is inspirational. I really wish you would write more stories.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by ikbnice(m): 6:42am On Jun 06, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE, your inspirational post of 2014 just hit FP. Seems nairaland just got some new mods with vigilant eyes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by bellville: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2016
I'm surprised this story is just making FrontPage. It's about the only story that made me wet my pillow. I cried.

1 Like

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by millhouse: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by olymurphy(f): 9:32am On Jun 06, 2016
This is the bestest novel I ve read in a long time.
Is there something like bestest in English language cool

1 Like

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Franklindinho1: 10:07am On Jun 06, 2016
God bless you for writing this book. A man that hustles in a honest way would never die poor. A lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by tohpahz(f): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lord!!!!
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by davidstunt(m): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2016
This is best work I have read in yrs,you gave me hope and believe to keep working hard and be humble,no matter how poor your family are,you can make a name for yourself and most importantly the family God bless your mind
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by searchcorp(m): 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2016
Very interesting read. A friend sent me a link this morng. I read it all.

Wow!!!!!!
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
best story I've ever read

its like Ure from ebonyi state oo

thumbs up my man
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by uniklinkum(m): 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nice story..Amaka is my best character in this story.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by phykel(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
Saw this story this morning.I enjooyed it.
Op are u really frm Esa-Odo cos I'm frm Esa oke too.
Weldone.
More. More. More
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Hanibal(m): 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE:
Dear Peeps, I want to say a big thank you to every nairalander that has took time to read this piece. my respect and appreciation goes to every one that wrote down something to encourage or criticize me. it was wonderful. without your comments I would not have finished this Story in a March, your hunger for more spurred me into critical thinking as to what next to write and how to write it so as to worth your time. you Guys are too much. if you enjoyed this piece then I would enjoy you to read up "Restless" at https://www.nairaland.com/1789365/restless...story-survivor. I will sure complete it now that I have your backs. I was scared of Pirates before.

much Respect to the Under listed in no particular Order

Peacefulness
Stonecoldcafe.....you stuck with me from page 1.
Rocksteady1
jesuzboi
AlphaBravoIndia..........(Charly Delta.......Oscar)
Okwilliams
apholaryn
Stez
Skinnydude
53cur3m0d3
Charijee
missmossy
Ifyude
prettyjoy
wasak
Olaitan3784
demmy66
heemah
jollyjoy
Abbamizzy
Barbieniece
ezystar
agileson
Donpoker9
Slimjoe
rondo235
Anaso9
Costlybabe
prettyjoy
Crislyn
bibie01
Olanipekuntomi
sebak
onosj
Timothy313.

I also thank you for all your votes for me as the best new comer in the month of March. I hope I win. Much thanks for Cuddlemi for nominating me. you are blessed.
domawoleye@yahoo.com.
oga you did not mention my name ehen...
I've stayed glued to my phone all day... Though I didn't comment.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by leopayne(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
Am just coming across dis story and am extremely impressed. I Actually came across this story while trying to escape a boring morning lecture and I ended up spending the whole day glued to my phone making moody faces or lafing hysterically making my friends and course mates wonder what I'd gotten myself into.
The story was so captivating dat der wer times I just couldn't wait for it to end and other times where I wished it wouldn't end. I don't care if d story is a fiction or a true life story, all I know is that I was touched and av learnt a lot especially coz of d fact dat am also involved in a Regimented/Military lifestyle as am currently undergoing a officer cadetship training in a Maritime institution.
one thing am certain of is that this piece won't end with me coz I'll make sure dis gets to all those around me and the only thing I regret is dat I wasn't a Nairalander as of den so I couldn't follow you up, comment, like and vote your stories.
This story has made my day
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Praktikals(m): 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE:
Mama could pray for eight hours nonstop. Many nights she does vigil praying till dawn, she does not shout or disturb anyone when she prays; she talks to her god alone. Her major prayer point was that God should protect her Son and make a success out of me.
Your mother invested her prayers into your future and it is paying off. I sobbed (for the first time in about 15years!) when I got to the part where you described your mums joy when you first returned to the village after your POP; and laughed where you hailed baba meco baba o. Thanks for making my day.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Praktikals(m): 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2016
DOMAWOLEYE:
Mama could pray for eight hours nonstop. Many nights she does vigil praying till dawn, she does not shout or disturb anyone when she prays; she talks to her god alone. Her major prayer point was that God should protect her Son and make a success out of me.
Your mother invested her prayers into your future and it is paying off. I sobbed (for the first time in about 15years!) when I got to the part where you described your mums joy when you first returned to the village after your POP; and laughed where you hailed baba meco baba o. Thanks for making my day.
My people abeg make we all vote for DOMAWOLEYE
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by lioncoolst(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2016
I do not have the exact words to describe the experience that I have had reading this heart-felt and emotional story. The emotional roller-coaster that it took me through is incredible. The experience while reading the totality of this pieces of story is bewildering and unbelievable. Then twists and turns were sensational. At some point, I could feel shivers running down my spine praying that your mom or even you would not lose your life. Those near-death experiences were really tormenting as I read along. In all, I say it is an excellent story.

Interestingly, I "ACCIDENTALLY" stumbled upon the story today at about 10.30 am, and from that tine till now, I have not been able to do any other thing (officially) until now - it's 5.20pm by my time. For me, the happiest part of the story is that God has kept your mom alive to see for herself that the Lord is indeed good and to also reap the fruits of her labour. I lost my mom to cancer few years ago; hence, I could easily relate to the pain that comes with having your beloved mom in the jaws of death, so to speak.

Finally, I wish you well in life, good Sire. God bless you. smiley smiley

Hanging out with you and seeing you face-to-face won't be a bad idea, that is if you do not mind. I am reachable at niyisodimu@gmail.com

God bless you once again.

1 Like

Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Sheguama: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2016
Doma. You are the man. I came across this thread today. Still on page 2 but your story succeeded in getting me tears.
One word... AMAZING. That's what you are.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by sherrylo: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
Doma pls is this a true life story? Please I want to know.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by Sheguama: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
Saluteey Soldier!!!!!
I spent 5 years in Enugu as an undergrad and was very very conversant with both 82 Div as well as the City. I can therefore relate well with this tale.
Who God has blessed no man can curse. You are blessed broda.
Still on pg 3.
Re: Thorns In My Boot....a Soldiers Travail by exalt2009: 1:27am On Jun 07, 2016
At first, I was happy for you and later you make me to cry out to God without knowing that is a things of past ..
Very grateful and may the good Lord you Sir...

Ha woo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Gbenga Found Love / Jewels Of Africa / Letter To My Friend Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.