Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers (937 Views)

Ethical Hackers / Nigerian Ethical Hackers In Here ---> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
Fellow programmers, which would you rather become? A hacker or an enterprise developer

Reference: www.javacodegeeks.com/2012/03/tale-of-two-cultures-hackers-and.html
Re: Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
I'll rather become a hacker.

Hackers are really bleeding edge. They have no
problem using the commandline, using multiple languages, or contributing back to open source. They’ll find and fix bugs in the opensource software they use and issue pull requests frequently. They’ll always be willing to use new tools that help them produce better software when there might not even be any good IDE support. Finally, they’re always constantly investigating new technologies and techniques to give them a competitive edge in the world.

Now when I say hacker I don’t mean someone who just hacks lots of random shit together and calls it a day (that kind of developer isn’t good for anyone). Just someone who isn’t afraid to shake up the status quo, isn’t afraid to be a bit different and go against the grain. They’re the polar opposite of enterprise developers.
Re: Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by Sibrah: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hacking feels like the next level after enterprise developement . . . To hack an ent app u need to understand the app structure and logic 90%.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Sibrah:
Hacking feels like the next level after enterprise developement . . . To hack an ent app u need to understand the app structure and logic 90%.

True boss. Dat's the beauty of becoming a hacker. Which would you rather become?

In btw, people tend to mistake a hacker for a cracker
Re: Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by Sibrah: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
bruceleah:

True boss. Dat's the beauty of becoming a hacker. Which would you rather become?

In btw, people tend to mistake a hacker for a cracker
Of course the Hacker who has best of both worlds, however hacker job can be made difficult by the ent app dev and other app developer

1 Like

Re: Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by romme2u: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2014
like sibrah rightly said, hacking is higher in pecking order than enterprise development which means that you must be an excellent enterprise developer before you can attain hacker level. just try piercing through wordpress or drupal source code files (which are not big systems anyway) and u will see that understanding, modifying and extending (which is hacking by the way) another developers code is a pain in the ass especially if the fellow does not follow any programming standards nor provide any documentation.
Re: Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 14, 2014
^^^that is exactly what i was going to post. You just dont become a hacker like that now? You go through stages. . .and enterprise developer is one of such stages.
Re: Hackers Vs Enterprise Developers by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2014
True, becoming a hacker takes stages. But most people prefer to settle for enterprise development where as they could take the game to the next level.
Hence, my question.

In btw, enterprise developers are not open source enthusiast. Most of them don't give back to the community that made them.

(1) (Reply)

Programmers' and Engineers' Analysis Of Apple / Just Can Stop Laughing Facebook Afraid Of One Competitor Tsu.co / I Want To Design A Software For Facebook Research!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.