Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Christmas/new Year Joint Contributions. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Christmas/new Year Joint Contributions. (505 Views)

***please Oooo I Need Ur Contributions*** / Read And Give Your Contributions / Helpful And Sensible Contributions Needed In Here Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas/new Year Joint Contributions. by widowhusband: 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
At work today some group of workers were sharing rice,tin tomatoes,oil etc procured from the money contributed since january. I reflected, since i started working ive always refused to join such.I think i may join next year.Have you joined before, is it cost effective?
Re: Christmas/new Year Joint Contributions. by ernie4life(m): 4:32am On Nov 14, 2014
Though many people partake in this, it's not advisable, my reasons are

1). The risk is some how high, what if the person you contribute the money to dies or is laid off? What would happen to your contribution.

2). How about the person eloping with all your contribution ( I have seen this happen) what happens to your money?

3). Economical it's not advisable because the money you are contributing is not waged against inflation which is currently at 8% that means the value of money you contributed in January will depreciate by Dec when you will be collecting it.

4). How about limitations to your contribution, what I mean is you may be contributing 10k per month and suddenly your income increases and you would want to also increase your contribution, but you can't because the contribution is limited

5). Easy of collection, assuming you have an emergency, let's say it's a life threatening issue and you need your cash, how possible is it to get back your cash in full without issues? B4 the maturity date

Instead of doing joint contribution, why not approach financial institution most of them have exciting saving scheme, that guarantees your principal at all times and the still pay you interest, the interest the offer may be dependent on how much you wish to contribute, another exciting thing about this is that most of them have standing order instructions where by the money moves automatically every month from your account to your contribution account making it easer for you to contribute. The easy of liquidation is also another advantage because in most cases it takes less than 24hours to get your money back if it matures or you have urgent need for it.

2 Likes

Re: Christmas/new Year Joint Contributions. by widowhusband: 8:34am On Nov 14, 2014
ok, above is quite analytical. Ive also noticed some small variations in the issue, like some will save mainly to buy say a cow around that time and share it. Sometimes a friend involved will give his other friends but at the sametime nearly 'scolding' them for not joining- he he he it happened to me
Re: Christmas/new Year Joint Contributions. by RotrEmmanuel: 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Hurray!oyibo Magic:medicine To Make Your Mess Dey Smell Like Chocolate Is Out / 5 Common Sins Divorced Parents Commit / The Best Way To Know The State Of Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.