Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:30 AM

Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? (5161 Views)

Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / I Unilaterally Called The War On Boko Haram, Not Jonathan, Chad’s Idriss Deby / Boko Haram Not Sponsored By Anti-jonathan Politicians — US Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Pistolx(m): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2014
Well if u have never lived in northern Nigeria u wunt undstnd d op
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 10:47am On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

I want you to have a feel of northern hospitality-Sharia style.

If you know what the average ECWA church going northerner goes through in the hands of their Muslim brothers maybe then you will see the extent of religious intolerance plaguing northern Nigeria.

Boko haram are not ghosts. They are part of the fabric of a Muslim intolerant north.

There is hardly a city in the north that has not had its own share of secular riots.

Every day in some dusty rustic part of town in any state in the north, there is a Muslim cleric sitting down with his adherents and spreading hate.

Boko haram are the monster the north created through generations of intolerance.

I'm sorry, but it's hilarious that you think you're saying something new or groundbreaking.
Everyone knows there's a whole lot of religious intolerance in the North. What everyone should know is that it is beyond inane to parlay this into 'all Northern muslims are intolerant' or 'majority of Northerners support Boko Haram'.

WombRaiders:

Boko haram are the monster the north created through generations of intolerance.

Again, you need to stop saying 'the north' as if it's one monolithic hivemind. Elements in the North, yes.
It's worth noting that the perennial under-development and poor education of massive swathes of Northern youths has worsened the existing situation. For that, i will blame many of our past leaders, both Northern Muslim AND Christian, for sowing the seeds of this hydra.

WombRaiders:

Chibok is a Christian town in Borno. The Principal of that school is a Muslim. This is how it is in the north. Christians are not appointed into managerial positions.

I'm not sure how it makes sense to take one case and hold it up as an example of intolerance or bias. Chibok is a Government secondary school, there's absolutely no rationale in expecting a Chibok indigene to be Principal, or to assume that the Principal did not assume her position on merit.
It can be argued that the assumption that a secondary school sited in a somewhat Christian community must have a Christian Principal is in itself rather unfair. It is a civil service position, and it is supposed to be filled on merit.
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2014
Pistolx:
Well if u have never lived in northern Nigeria u wunt undstnd d op

So living in the North means that it's a no-brainer that the APC is behind Boko Haram?

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2014
texazzpete:

I'm sorry, but it's hilarious that you think you're saying something new or groundbreaking.
Everyone knows there's a whole lot of religious intolerance in the North. What everyone should know is that it is beyond inane to parlay this into 'all Northern muslims are intolerant' or 'majority of Northerners support Boko Haram'.

Again, you need to stop saying 'the north' as if it's one monolithic hivemind. Elements in the North, yes.
It's worth noting that the perennial under-development and poor education of massive swathes of Northern youths has worsened the existing situation. For that, i will blame many of our past leaders, both Northern Muslim AND Christian, for sowing the seeds of this hydra.

I'm not sure how it makes sense to take one case and hold it up as an example of intolerance or bias. Chibok is a Government secondary school, there's absolutely no rationale in expecting a Chibok indigene to be Principal, or to assume that the Principal did not assume her position on merit.
It can be argued that the assumption that a secondary school sited in a somewhat Christian community must have a Christian Principal is in itself rather unfair. It is a civil service position, and it is supposed to be filled on merit.

Let me first of start by asking how many northern elites have openly condemned the actions of BK?

Have there not been instances where a sitting governor, a one time former head of state and perenial presidential aspirant accused the goverment and military of heavy handedness? There was also a delegation of northern governors who went to the US to complain about genocidal plans by the FG on northern muslims. Even a one time minister and major opposition figure took his own accusations to the British parliament.

Not once did these carricature leaders and elites from the north ever condemn BK and their atrocious acts but rather they seem to potray BK as the victims.

Another thing most of you in lagos don't know is that there is a vibrant christian population in the north that has always lived under the shadow and intimidation of the caliphate.

Most appointments to christians are not on managerial positions. Only muslims can be in charge and this is in line

1 Like

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 14, 2014
Start with yourself

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by PedroJP(m): 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Q
The APC, northern mulsim caliphate, northern business oligarchs and the US government are behind boko haram.

U didn't misss anything here. So on point. Just to tell u dat BH still work under d control of those sponsoring them. They have their limits and orders
Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by texazzpete(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Let me first of start by asking how many northern elites have openly condemned the actions of BK?

Have there not been instances where a sitting governor, a one time former head of state and perenial presidential aspirant accused the goverment and military of heavy handedness? There was also a delegation of northern governors who went to the US to complain about genocidal plans by the FG on northern muslims. Even a one time minister and major opposition figure took his own accusations to the British parliament.

You mean like how prominent Niger Delta chieftains also complained about 'heavy handedness of the military and Government'? You're actually claiming that the military has no history of that kind of over-reaction, when massacres like what happened in Odi are well documented?
The Army just released innocent civilians that had been in illegal detentions for up to 3 years. 200 of them! Are you still able to look at that recent happenstance and claim that there's no way innocent people aren't being harmed?
Are the Amnesty International investigations falsified?

It's worth noting that either you are deliberately spreading misinformation or woefully ignorant. There have been loads of condemnation of Boko Haram by the likes of
Buhari & Northern Governors
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/borno-massacre-boko-haram-ideology-devilish-buhari/

Sultan of Sokoto
http://www.christianpost.com/news/islamic-leader-condemns-boko-haram-and-terrorism-120475/

among many others. Yet you insist otherwise. What is your agenda?

WombRaiders:

Not once did these carricature leaders and elites from the north ever condemn BK and their atrocious acts but rather they seem to potray BK as the victims.

Already proven that this is either a lie or an ignorant statement. Or both.

WombRaiders:

Another thing most of you in lagos don't know is that there is a vibrant christian population in the north that has always lived under the shadow and intimidation of the caliphate.

I've had Christian friends from the North from my University days. I also do not know the rationale behind assuming i'm in Lagos. Same assumption you made that I'm an 'APC member' because I do not agree with your clumsy attempt to rope the opposition in as sponsors and sympathizers of Boko Haram.

WombRaiders:

Most appointments to christians are not on managerial positions. Only muslims can be in charge and this is in line

Source? I presume this comes from a study you've done. So...

Re: Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? by atlwireles: 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
lekkie073:

Niger is one of the poorest countries in the world. so they try not to be hostile. they believe they can always benefit from anybody irrespective of religion or whatsoever, hence the reason they overlook the excesses of foreigners.
but u r right. they don't enforce Islamic laws in a strict manner. but u still notice elements of it in their everyday life most especially outside Niamey.

"If they were independent countries, some of Nigeria’s northern states would rank bottom globally in terms of development, even though the country is the seventh-biggest oil producer in OPEC. Nowhere else in the world are more children out of school. Fewer than 5% of women in some parts can read or write. Estimates put three out of four residents in the north-east below the poverty line, around twice as many as at the southern end of the country. “Boko Haram is a reflection of the deeper crisis in the"

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21627646-africas-lodestar-nation-has-weathered-ebola-extremist-takeover-has-exposed

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is A Town In Anambra State - And Obiano Will Win Again (pictures) / Saw This On Deji Adeyanju Twiiter, / Pantami Was A Founding Member Of Al Shabab ‘terror Group’ Received N6m Monthly F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.