Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. (2395 Views)

Not Easy To Get Evidence To Probe Diezani - Buhari / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Akpabio Commissions Four Points By Sheraton Ikot Ekpene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
Nigerians are a people that live within the moment! They have a very short memory, they have a history but do not learn from history! Nigerians are easily cajoled by promises and few goodies and even much more promises will make them sing the givers praise for a long time.

One governor who has taken the gullibility of Nigerians to his advantage is Governor Godswill Obot Akpabio! He has successfully made many gullible Nigerians to believe that 'Akwa Ibom is okay'. He has successfully executed his plan here on the internet with the pictures of roads taken at different angles and location. This pictures really 'wow' Nigerians and in some occasions some were even calling him to contest for the Presidency!

Akwa Ibom on the internet is different from the Akwa Ibom on ground! Again to the gullible visitors who ply only the roads in Akwa Ibom, especially visitors from the South East, scream at the 'wonderful works' the governor is doing. Visitors to any state hardly make use of the social amenities in the state. Most visitors to Akwa Ibom do not visit schools in Akwa Ibom, they do not go for medical check up in any government hospital, they do not use the state transport service which is keke napep; they use air conditioned taxis from the hotels they lodge etc After three or four days of stay in the state, they return to their destinations and probably come online to scream how Akwa Ibom is fantastic and the people need not complain!

Nigerians are also easily enticed by fanciful and beautiful things with no regards for cost and benefits! Ibom Tropicana was commissioned with so much fanfare but sadly after years of commissioning the people cannot still afford a cinema ticket and the government still needs to subsidise the tickets for the people. Wouldn't he have taught the people how to fish rather than giving them fish, and with a whopping cost of N33bn the Ibom Tropicana Entertainment center is still underutilised and far from completion but this was a project that was celebrated with so much fanfare and not forgetting the Convention centre which the governor boasted that it will host the AU meeting, today the building is uncompleted and work had stopped due to lack of funds!

12 storey Four Points Sheraton hotel at Ikot Ekpene and 15 storey five star hotel at the premises of the Ibom Tropicana in Uyo is another fanciful project that will be greeted with so much fanfare when it will be commissioned! Ikot Ekpene does not have a standard hospital, standard market, portable water supply, good sanitation, good roads (only few roads constructed in his first tenure, no road has been constructed in Ikot Ekpene in his second tenure. Just like the stadium, the pictures will be all over the internet and the event will be televised live on international television to 'showcase' the first of its kind in Africa Hotels. Some gullible Nigerians will once again be deceived to believe that 'Akwa Ibom is Okay'. With the people not being able to afford a cinema ticket, I wonder how they will afford a room for a night in these luxury hotels! Maybe the government will subsidise again! grin The state is even planning a snow park! Can you imagine!

Only gullible Nigerians are deceived with projects like this!

What happened to World Class Hospitals, Universities and Research Institutes that can be rated in the first 100 in the world, Portable water supply to every home, a transport network comprising of buses, coaches, trains etc, social services to cater for the disabled, the orphans, the elderly! What happened to human capital development through skill acquisition, agriculture, sports development, scholarships, knowledge transfer through sabbatical programmes even among secondary school students etc

No matter how many 'world class projects' we have, without having the basic needs of the common man, Nigeria will still remain a third world country not fit to have dinner with the G8 not minding the huge resources at our disposal!

Let's change our values fellow Nigerians.

-Thomasthomas

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by mrvitalis(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
thats were ameachi is better.....ameachi worked on every things ....schools ....health centers .....scholarships .....roads that has meaning not just for show off.....and some extras too
.715MW of power which FG only distribute 50MW
...this man has don well ...i used to hate him but he won me over with his works
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
Who has won you over? What did he use to do the winning? wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by egift(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
I agreed. But our leaders are unable to rule. Jonathan's Example grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
Who has won you over? What did he use to do the winning? wink
bros you no get wok ni? how many APC governors can match the Akpabio you have been tring to rubbish?
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
chukwudi44:

bros you no get wok ni? how many APC governors can match the Akpabio you have been tring to rubbish?
The topic is about gullible Nigerians using Akpabio as a case study! cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
chukwudi44:

Even amaechi they hold on to did almost all his works as a PDP man .
yes, amechi spent almost 7yrs in PDP
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
egift:
I agreed. But our leaders are unable to rule. Jonathan's Example grin grin grin

Tinubu as an example who has drained the SW dry.

Or how about Fayemi that left Ekiti indebted for the next 15 yrs with only bed to sho for it?

Hypocrites like you and OP should forget the ND , Akwa Ibom and the FG and look at the massive rot and fraud Currently plaguing your respective states and region

After all it is APC supporters like yourselves that will ask any non yoruba to stop bothering themselves about Lagos affairs and will also clamour that we return back to our village

Useless people

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
The topic is about gullible Nigerians using Akpabio as a case study! cheesy wink

Akpabio is the best performing Governor since Nigeria's return to democracy in 1999.His infrastructural transformation of akwa Ibom state is mind blowing!!!! if 40% of our Governors could replicate similar feats Nigeria will surely be a better place.

If you wantb to use a case study start with ex-governor fayemi who spent N50m to get a mere bed where he wil be straffing his wife

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
This topic is not about PDP vs APC, or Fashola, Amaechi vs Akpabio but about the gullibility of Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Tinubu as an example who has drained the SW dry.

Or how about Fayemi that left Ekiti indebted for the next 15 yrs with only bed to sho for it?

Hypocrites like you and OP should forget the ND , Akwa Ibom and the FG and look at the massive rot and fraud Currently plaguing your respective states and region

After all it is APC supporters like yourselves that will ask any non yoruba to stop bothering themselves about Lagos affairs and will also clamour that we return back to our village

Useless people
There are 36 states of the federation! I have taken one leaving 35 states, why not provide the forumites with the rot going on in those other states rather than casting aspersions on me? angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
chukwudi44:

Akpabio is the best performing Governor since Nigeria's return to democracy in 1999.His infrastructural transformation of akwa Ibom state is mind blowing!!!! if 40% of our Governors could replicate similar feats Nigeria will surely be a better place.

If you wantb to use a case study start with ex-governor fayemi who spent N50m to get a mere bed where he wil be straffing his wife
Behold, a gullible Nigerian! cheesy cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
grin
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by miiraaj: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
Who placed this curse on Nigerians?

Only in Nigeria will you find a person who can't afford to feed his family, lacks basic ammenities like portable water,electricity, lacks good school to take his children, but yet still worship the leaders who deprive them of those needs.

Only in Nigeria will a leader who has recorded zero project (if you doubt me, come to Kaduna state) be called upon by hungry masses to seek for re-election.

We have leaders who have openly embraced corruption, who say "Stealing is not corruption", but we still have Nigerians who regard them as their messiahs.

I ask again, WHO PLACED THIS CURSE ON NIGERIANS? cry

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
There are 36 states of the federation! I have taken one leaving 35 states, why not provide the forumites with the rot going on in those other states rather than casting aspersions on me? angry

There are 2 main political parties with their elected or as the case maybe defected chief executives

Why don't you start with your apc led states after all charity begins at home
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2014
miiraaj:
Who placed this curse on Nigerians?

Only in Nigeria will you find a person who can't afford to feed his family, lacks basic ammenities like portable water,electricity, lacks good school to take his children, but yet still worship the leaders who deprive them of those needs.

Only in Nigeria will a leader who has recorded zero project (if you doubt me, come to Kaduna state) be called upon by hungry masses to seek for re-election.

We have leaders who have openly embraced corruption, who say "Stealing is not corruption", but we still have Nigerians who regard them as their messiahs.

I ask again, WHO PLACED THIS CURSE ON NIGERIANS? cry
Thank you! Your level of reasoning is high too. We have the same line of thoughts! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

There are 2 main political parties with their elected or as the case maybe defected chief executives

Why don't you start with your apc led states after all charity begins at home
I choose anyone to start with! Why not get busy rather than ask me do it or even question me? grin
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
I choose anyone to start with! Why not busy than question me? grin

First of all no one made you a judge here or any place else.

Secondly, I know you are part of the ape p1ss sh1t shilling machine which makes you a partisan commentor or a gullible myopic fool like most apc supporters or both

Thirdly your thread sucks cawk n balls and that makes me out of here

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by ola512: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
A monarchy in akwa ibom. Y won't he say lubbish. Ole.
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

First of all no one made you a judge here or any place else.

Secondly, I know you are part of the ape p1ss sh1t shilling machine which makes you a partisan commentor or a gullible myopic fool like most apc supporters or both

Thirdly your thread sucks cawk n balls and that makes me out of here
. grin grin

You have not said anything just abuses, read and you'll see it. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
. grin grin

You have not said anything just abuses, read and you'll see it. cheesy cheesy
I have asked you to go and take an invenntory of fayemi's huge debt legacy and his 50million naira beds.

Or are you advocating for Akwa Ibom allocations be taken away and given to your tinubu stooges?

You apc clowns will definitely one day to come grow some brain cells in that empty koran skull case you call a head

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
chukwudi44:

Olisa Metuh, what has APC governors got to do with the topic of discussion?
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

I have asked you to go and take an invenntory of fayemi's huge debt legacy and his 50million naira beds.

Or are you advocating for Akwa Ibom allocations be taken away and given to your tinubu stooges?

You apc clowns will definitely one day to come grow some brain cells in that empty koran skull case you call a head
Don't ask me to do it cos you will still say I am bais, do it yourself! cheesy

You are still abusing! grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
Thank you! Ask him for me. grin
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
Don't ask me to do it cos you will still say I am bais, do it yourself! cheesy

You are still abusing! grin grin

Foolish retardded ediot like yourselves will wake up one day to tinubu owning you
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
berem:

This shameless old cargo thinks she is some celebrity here

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

Foolish retardded ediot like yourselves will wake up one day to tinubu owning you
Continue abusing... A typical PDP character trait! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
WombRaiders:

This shameless old cargo thinks she is some celebrity here
There you go... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by tinkinjow: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
Those having sleepless nights out of Akpabio's performance are in for a looooooooooooooooooong thing 'cos Akpabio is not applying the breaks just yet, he's about turning out another round of completed projects very soon. Like Akpabio himself always says, "YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET".

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by thomasthomas: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
It's not about Akpabio but you gullible Nigerians supporting your leaders blindly! Think outside the box! grin
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
tinkinjow:
Those having sleepless nights out of Akpabio's performance are in for a looooooooooooooooooong thing 'cos Akpabio is not applying the breaks just yet, he's about turning out another round of completed projects very soon. Like Akpabio himself always says, "YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET".

Don't mind the jealousy fools

They know that akpabio's legacy has cemented pdp in Akwa Ibom and as such they are rubishing his projects here

Look at the akwa ibom thread and see unbridled jealousy in full display by the children of bitterness

Useless people
Re: Nigerians Are Easy To Rule; Akpabio's Example. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
thomasthomas:
It's not about Akpabio but you gullible Nigerians supporting your leaders blindly! Think outside the box! grin

First it wasn't about party affiliation now it isn't about the governor himself

Mr man what is your problem if not pure jealousy?

Stup1d tout

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Watching The Team GEJ VS Team GMB Channels Debate? / Jonathan Will Be The Greatest President Of Nigeria If He Handover To Buhari / We Are Ready To Handover - Rivers State Governor Chibuike Amaechi,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.