Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,053 members, 7,818,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Can You Slap Your Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Slap Your Husband? (2916 Views)

Why I Prefer My Husband To Slap Me…adaeze Yobo / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? / Guys Can You Slap A Married Woman In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by MissyB1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2008
I Dare Not!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked
I can scream the house down tho. tongue grin
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by chamotex(m): 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2008
:d :d
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by MissyB1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 29, 2008
Are those smileys or 'cryleys'? tongue
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by chamotex(m): 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2008
kiss kiss kiss angry angry cheesy
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by MissyB1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 29, 2008
Now I see it's mixture of both smiley and cryley. tongue
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by chamotex(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2008
only u
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by nkasi87(f): 12:30am On Jan 02, 2009
If he puts his hand on me (hit, or slap) first than best believe that he will be seeing stars. I am nobody's punching bag so if he hits me first than yes i will slap the shit out of him and break his balls while at it.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by H2O2: 12:32am On Jan 02, 2009
she best not
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 02, 2009
lai lai embarassed
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by bmo: 12:44am On Jan 03, 2009
May God Forbid it in my marriage.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by nodullme(f): 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2009
Hmm, I wont attempt it at all unless I'm ready to walk away from the marriage. Slapping ur husband will only lead to domestic violence assuming the two don't get a divorce. When there's a later arguement in the marriage the man will probably respond with his fists rather than words.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by sistawoman: 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2009
Mai Suya:

in the western world[b] I believe [/b] it quite normal for a woman to slap her husband, and the funny thing is that he usually will not retaliate. In fact he would be considered a weakling should he do so - he is expected to 'take as a man'. The Africa woman on the other hand is unlikely to do such an act because apart from the religio-cultural deterrents, and judging from the response so far, the husband will almost certainly retaliate. . .

You believe incorrectly.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by Tgirl4real(f): 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2009
SLAP ke! shocked shocked

I fit slap ma papa be dat o lipsrsealed

I can't try it
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by Pepeye(f): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2009
Most ladies are not violent
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by fireangels(f): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2009
of cos not
never
God forbid
Infact Abomination
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by SeaGoddes(f): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2009
do me i do you god no go vex tongue

moses say if someone slaps u turn around and slap them back and thats exactly what i will do if it comes to that angry angry.

and yes i will slap him if it comes to the occasion shocked
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by MaiSuya(m): 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2009
sistawoman:

You believe incorrectly.

Is that so? then you have to excuse my shortsighted conclusion, which was based mainly on what I see on your numerous soaps (bold and beatuiful, young and restless, etc), in which a female hits the male (whether boyfriend or husband) and the latter makes no attempt to retaliates but rather gapes idiotically at her. But then again, arn't them soaps supposed be reflective of the society?
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by sistawoman: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2009
Mai Suya:

Is that so? then you have to excuse my shortsighted conclusion, which was based mainly on what I see on your numerous soaps (bold and beatuiful, young and restless, etc), in which a female hits the male (whether boyfriend or husband) and the latter makes no attempt to retaliates but rather gapes idiotically at her. But then again, arn't them soaps supposed be reflective of the society?

Lets see what would I believe about Nigerians if i believed everything I saw on TV:

Uneducated
Slutty women
No shoes
Egotistical, chauvinistic men
Women with no critical thinking ability
Hungry/starving children and women (never see starving men)
AIDS infested men and women
Women who are afraid of their shadow

Thank God not all of us believe everything we see on TV. Thank God that I actually did some research on my own and know that most of the above is false.

I dont even watch any soaps here in America. There are other channels you can watch like CNN, MSNBC, A&E, Discovery, etc.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by H2O2: 1:12am On Jan 06, 2009
sistawoman:

Lets see what would I believe about Nigerians if i believed everything I saw on TV:

Uneducated
Slutty women
No shoes

Thank God not all of us believe everything we see on TV. Thank God that I actually did some research on my own and know that most of the above is false.

I don't even watch any soaps here in America. There are other channels you can watch like CNN, MSNBC, A&E, Discovery, etc.
cry
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by tRoOE(f): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2009
@poster
ahahahaha what a question grin grin
why don't you try it and plz tell us the aftermath grin
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by topkin(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2009
It not acceptable.

Even if u do it and tell people about it, majority will fault you. . . . . even if your husband was d wrong one. Its not just right.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by MaiSuya(m): 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2009
sistawoman:

Uneducated
Slutty women
No shoes

Thank God not all of us believe everything we see on TV.  Thank God that I actually did some research on my own and know that most of the above is false.

I don't even watch any soaps here in America.  There are other channels you can watch like CNN, MSNBC, A&E, Discovery, etc.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMN!!!!!!!!!  shocked some pretty unflattering stereotypes IMHO!!. egotistical, chauvinistic MEEEE??

Sure glad you 'did some research on your own'. PHEW

Nonetheless I get your point.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by Wumine(f): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2009
Why should i give him an excuse to beat me up, i can never do that. Moreover am not a physical nor agressive person.
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by honeric01(m): 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
Not when she sees how thick, long and fat my palms are,  She must be ready to join michael Jackson in plastic world of fashion club
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by Wumine(f): 2:13pm On Jan 07, 2009
honeric01:

Not when she sees how thick, long and fat my palms are, She must be ready to join michael Jackson in plastic world of fashion club

uhmmmm! words of a wife beater! God bless you brother!!!

1 Like

Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by honeric01(m): 4:32pm On Jan 07, 2009
Wumine:

uhmmmm! words of a wife beater! God bless you brother!!!

Me? Wife beater? where u see the wife? i never even marry talk less of beating wifey, my papa no teach me like that, i am only warning any "soon to be wife" to always check how thick their partner's palm is before they try such a thing, grin
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by fellybabe(f): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2009
i dare not think of doing that
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by biolabee(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2009
@sistawoman

ur point is?
that slapping a man may lead to nothing?
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by EfemenaXY: 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2009
It all boils down to one's upbringing, communication and self-respect. angry

If during courtship both parties are made to understand that no matter what the provocation may be, slapping each other is a definite No-No, then there would be less chance of that happening.

Respecting one's elders and spouse is part of our African upbring which is ingrained in most of us from childhood - so slapping your hubby is viewed as a taboo.

I personally would NOT do it to my husband as I respect myself too much and would therefore not expect that to be done to me,

However like most things in life, there are people who would deviate from the norm and in which case, it would be advisable for the "would-be-husband-slapper" to:

1. First size up the physic of her man
2. Ensure that there is a clear route for escape (i.e either the front or back door) cool
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by sistawoman: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2009
biolabee:

@sistawoman

ur point is?
that slapping a man may lead to nothing?

Do you mean me? or someone else?

this is what i said regarding this:

only if i am ready for him to slap me back or leave.

I would never disrespect him no matter the situation because menwell their slaps hurt more.

if it is something that he deserves being slapped for then i will just tell my Dad as he sees my Dad as his own since his has passed on
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by biolabee(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2009
sista perfectly understood wink
Re: Can You Slap Your Husband? by beecrofty(m): 1:23am On Jan 16, 2009
i trust my wife!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Were In My Shoes, What Would You Do? / How A Man And A Woman Withdraw Money From The Atm / Were Should She Dry Her Pants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.