Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,151 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:19 PM

Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach (933 Views)

Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles / Tijjani Babangida Appointed As Special Assistant To Coach Sunday Oliseh / Daniel Amaokachi Appointed As New Coach Of FC I'uba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by Wisdytech(m): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2014
The Italian returns to the San Siro for his second spell with the Nerazzurri after Walter Mazzarri was sacked on Friday morning:

Roberto Mancini has been named as the new coach of Inter, returning to the club for his second spell in charge.

The Nerazzurri sacked Walter Mazzarri on Friday after a poor start to the season and have brought the former Manchester City boss in to replace him.

Mancini, who won three consecutive Serie A titles as Inter boss between 2004 and 2008, has been confirmed as the new coach of the 2010 Champions League winners.

"F.C. Internazionale is pleased to announce that Roberto Mancini is the new first-team head coach. He will begin coaching duties on Saturday," a statement read on their official website.

Club president Erick Thohir has expressed his delight in appointing the 49-year-old, who has coached Manchester City and Galatasaray since leaving San Siro.

Thohir believes he is the right man to take them back to the pinnacle of Italian and European football.

"Our goal is to regain our rightful position as one of the very top clubs in Europe and that's why I am so happy to welcome back Roberto Mancini," he said.

"His track record both at Inter and elsewhere speaks for itself, and his international experience and hunger for success will drive the team to the next level."

Mancini won seven trophies in total in his first stint at San Siro, including two Coppe Italia.

http://brainnewsng.com/mancini-appointed-as-new-inter-coach/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by Wisdytech(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
Congrats to Mancini. He returns home. I hope he has a wonderful time there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by tuffgongjo(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2014
I don't think he can work any wonder with that rag tag squad.
Inter needs to sell all the "dead woods" they call players$buy better ones.

1 Like

Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by khattab02: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2014
tuffgongjo:
I don't think he can work any wonder with that rag tag squad.
Inter needs to sell all the "dead woods" they call players$buy better ones.
you korrect. It is the same thing that is also worrying their rivals Ac milan. Sacking coaches, buying fringe players and not wanting to invest. I don't know how many players in the current squad were present during Mancini's first spell.

Goodluck Mancini!
Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2014
khattab02:
you korrect. It is the same thing that is also worrying their rivals Ac milan. Sacking coaches, buying fringe players and not wanting to invest. I don't know how many players in the current squad were present during Mancini's first spell.

Goodluck Mancini!

He's gonna liberate Inter, he has done it before and now got more experience by traveling round Europe doing what he knows best, like they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 1st Season for Mourinho when he got back to Chelsea was trophy-less but they gave him time cos he has done it multiple times in the past. Go Mancini!!!
Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by khattab02: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2014
eddie011:

He's gonna liberate Inter, he has done it before and now got more experience by traveling round Europe doing what he knows best, like they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 1st Season for Mourinho when he got back to Chelsea was trophy-less but they gave him time cos he has done it multiple times in the past. Go Mancini!!!
hmm... Mourinho down played his side winning the league last season. I think Mancini might have to do what LVG is doing at oldtraford. anyway, lets see how it turns out to be.
Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by tuffgongjo(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
khattab02:

Goodluck Mancini!
Mancini will be sacked in two years time cause he won't deliver.
Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by khattab02: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Mancini will be sacked in two years time cause he won't deliver.
how did you know? What makes u so sure?

1 Like

Re: Mancini Appointed As New Inter Coach by tuffgongjo(m): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
khattab02:
how did you know? What makes u so sure?
Just a "Hunch"since it is sure he won't lead 'em out of their "Quicksand".

(1) (Reply)

Football's Old Masters - Six Players Who Defied Their Age / Highest Paid Athletes In 2014 / PHOTO Vincent Enyeama And Wife Celebrates Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.