Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge (1573 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: Oshiomhole Must Apologise To Nigerians, Say CSOs / Work On-going At 2nd Niger Bridge (video Proof) / APC Tasks Jonathan On Enugu’s Coal, 2nd Niger Bridge, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by 9jawear(m): 8:56am On Nov 15, 2014
FACTS:
------------
1. The first Niger bridge was constructed between 1964 and 1965 (in 2 years only) by the French company, DUMEZ during the regime of Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa, a northerner, a muslim.

2. The first Niger bridge was partly destroyed during the civil was by BIAFRAN forces in the failed attempt to secede from Nigeria

3. The first Niger bridge was reconstructed soon after the civil war by Gowon regime.

4. The first Niger bridge cost the FG 5 million pounds only (about 1.5 billion naira, discounting inflation.

5. OBJ awarded second Niger bridge to Getto construction company for N55 billion in 2009

6. In 2014 the cost of second Niger bridged has been balloon to N117 billion by Jonathan.

7. 2009 to 2014, a period of 5 years, where are we on the second Niger bridge under the leadership of OBJ and Jonathan, both southerners and christians?

8. Tafawa Balewa, a muslim and northerner did it in 2 years, remember!!

Pardon me, if you have misconstrued my statement to mean that christians are non-performers - far from it!! My intention is to prove to all the mislead Ibo brothers that Northerners and muslims are not their problem but greedy politicians who continue to deceive them under the name of ethnicity and religion. Instead of blindly supporting a candidate from a particular tribe or religion, Ibo's interests would be better served if they support a man whom they know can keep his words. I believe, if the Ibos give their support to and make their demand on Buhari, they can be rest assured that the Second Niger bridge would be built in less than 2 years as the first one was done. Its not a rocket science, its about integrity and keeping promises.

copied this from :http://4us.ng/politics/are-igbo-really-foolish/

6 Likes

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by donmalcolm21(m): 9:32am On Nov 15, 2014
Northerners built a bridge across the Niger so ibos should vote them in but you forgot ibos blew up that bridge because we don't give a damn about Tafawa Balewa or Gowon

5 Likes

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by donmalcolm21(m): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2014
Obj never intended constructing the bridge rather the money was needed as part of his retirement fund.

4 Likes

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by 9jawear(m): 9:42am On Nov 15, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Obj never intended constructing the bridge rather the money was needed as part of his retirement fund.

I agree , but what off Goodluck Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by Amanwulu1(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2014
Op. Plzzzzzzz don't b offendedddd, did obj award d contract in 2009 frm his ota farmmm

7 Likes

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by 9jawear(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2014
Amanwulu1:
Op. Plzzzzzzz don't b offendedddd, did obj award d contract in 2009 frm his ota farmmm

wow, big mistake, 2009 was yaradua , i just copied this from somewhere
but the point is ,we are trying to find out why it is yet to be constructed and who is likely to cconstruct it

1 Like

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:15am On Nov 15, 2014
9jawear:

but the point is ,we are trying to find out why it is yet to be constructed and who is likely to cconstruct it

A bit of Google search should have shown you that work on the site has started albeit at a slow pace.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by hardywaltz(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2014
9jawear:

FACTS:
------------
1. The first Niger bridge was constructed between 1964 and 1965 (in 2 years only) by the French company, DUMEZ during the regime of Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa, a northerner, a muslim.

2. The first Niger bridge was partly destroyed during the civil was by BIAFRAN forces in the failed attempt to secede from Nigeria

3. The first Niger bridge was reconstructed soon after the civil war by Gowon regime.

4. The first Niger bridge cost the FG 5 million pounds only (about 1.5 billion naira, discounting inflation.

5. OBJ awarded second Niger bridge to Getto construction company for N55 billion in 2009

6. In 2014 the cost of second Niger bridged has been balloon to N117 billion by Jonathan.

7. 2009 to 2014, a period of 5 years, where are we on the second Niger bridge under the leadership of OBJ and Jonathan, both southerners and christians?

Pardon me, if you have misconstrued my statement to mean that christians are non-performers - far from it!! My intention is to prove to all the mislead Ibo brothers that Northerners and muslims are not their problem but greedy politicians who continue to deceive them under the name of ethnicity and religion. Instead of blindly supporting a candidate from a particular tribe or religion, Ibo's interests would be better served if they support a man whom they know can keep his words. I believe, if the Ibos give their support to and make their demand on Buhari, they can be rest assured that the Second Niger bridge would be built in less than 2 years as the first one was done. Its not a rocket science, its about integrity and keeping promises.

OBJ's Presidency ended on 29th May 2007. Judging from such elementary mistake the whole article is full of crap and lacks any indepth analysis other than e-tribalism...
Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Northerners built a bridge across the Niger so ibos should vote them in but you forgot ibos blew up that bridge because we don't give a damn about Tafawa Balewa or Gowon
rearrange ur words maybe it'll make sense.

If u dnt give a damn, why yearning for another one?

But, what we are asking to explain is why jonathan inflated it to that amount, and why he hasn't done it in three years and counting...

1 Like

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by Amanwulu1(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
9jawear:

jst to draw ur attntn.
Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by donmalcolm21(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

But, what we are asking to explain is why jonathan inflated it to that amount, and why he hasn't done it in three years and counting...
undecided
SLIDEwaxie:

what was the exchange rate of the dollar then and now? Who told you that work hasn't commence on it

1 Like

Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by LordMecuzy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
9jawear:

FACTS:
------------

Seconded.
All Politicians Are D Same. Greedy Corrupt Shylocks
Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by Ifex4real: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
The OP is just making his calculation base on today current exchange, in between 1964 and 1965 1.5 billion naira is not just a small amout of money you can just mention like that. You don't just see 1.5 billion naira as small change. Don't you no that the price of things you bought last year is not the same as what is sold this year. Answere this queation how much does bags of cement sold then and how much was it sold now. And what is the exchange rate then and now.
Re: Facts About The 1st And 2nd Niger Bridge by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
ok

(1) (Reply)

Atiku’s Daughter, Rukaiya Has A Word Of Advice For Someone This morning / Buhari Attack The Federal Govt. For Killing Boko Haram Sect / Why The Heck Was Election Fixed On Valentine's Day In Nigeria? #electwithlove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.