Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,912 members, 7,952,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs (1716 Views)

Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism / Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by Samzzy94(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2014
There was a day i was with diz broda in da lord.So i unintentionally started humming one hip hop song and diz broda heard it and started shaking his head.when i asked him watz wrong,he told me dat it iz wrong to sing such,dat it iz a sin .......

I wonder y it shud be a sin.......wit all diz exposure to hiphop songz,one might juz sing it out of reflex u knw

I need good christians to comment on dis
Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by teemanbastos(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2014
hmmm...this is a frequently asked question but lemme bear my mind.
God is Pure and Holy. E hates sin and defilements.
Now that you have known that.
1. Check the lyrics of these songs,many contain useless,fornicated,adultrous,blasphemous and defiled words,take note of these and dnt listen to them,dy are abominations b4 God.
2. many wonder why listening to dese Nigerian songs are evil,afterall it doesnt make minin bt remember that what you see,d muzik videos contain sinful scenes..jux ask urxf If Jesus were to be with you,would it be comfortable for you to watch those videos in his sight?

We must try to 'test' and 'prove' all things b4 subjecting ourselves to them. Tanq u.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by Yungwhy(m): 11:37am On Nov 15, 2014
@teemanbastos
But there are songs that are actually prayerful talk, about; Dammy Krane - Amin, Sean Tizzle Ft. 9ice - Loke Loke, Sean Tizzle - Perfect Gentleman, etc. Are we not supposed to listen to such songs, because they're from circular artiste
Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by teemanbastos(m): 12:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
Yungwhy:
@teemanbastos
But there are songs that are actually prayerful talk, about; Dammy Krane - Amin, Sean Tizzle Ft. 9ice - Loke Loke, Sean Tizzle - Perfect Gentleman, etc. Are we not supposed to listen to such songs, because they're from circular artiste
okay na.. 4low ur heart
Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by Yungwhy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
teemanbastos:
okay na.. 4low ur heart
Say something, I'm just try'n to get some explanation if its wrong or right
Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by teemanbastos(m): 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Yungwhy:

Say something, I'm just try'n to get some explanation if its wrong or right
Prevention is bera dan segregating songs... Nt compulsory u listen to dm bt if u tink u can sieve d bad 1es 4rm d good 1es,den u free
Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by coolmoon500(f): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
Does the hip hop song glorify God?

If the words of the song does not glorify God, then what good is in it??
Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by Yungwhy(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
teemanbastos:
Prevention is bera dan segregating songs... Nt compulsory u listen to dm bt if u tink u can sieve d bad 1es 4rm d good 1es,den u free
Thanks bro
Re: Is It A Sin To Sing Hip Hop Songs by Kyase(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2014
coolmoon500:
Does the hip hop song glorify God?

If the words of the song does not glorify God, then what good is in it??

So u are saying that if I eventually start singing "dear mama"(raps) by tu pac shakur it becomes a sin since its doesn't glorify GOD but my mama.?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus And St. Paul Condemned Islam, Foretold The Coming Of Muhammad. / Live Fearless In The Father's Love - Joseph Prince / "Whatsoever He Saith To You, Do It"! - Mary, Mother Of Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.