Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,480 members, 7,854,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will (1062 Views)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / I'll Stop My Husband From Becoming President Again - Patience Jonathan / (Oriental Hotel, Lekki) So, What Will Happen When Tinubu Gets To Federal Level? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by clemhova: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
Journalists on their way to cover the presentation and acceptance of the presidential expression of interest and nomination form of the Speaker, House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, narrowly escaped being shot as they were attacked by the security details attached to the Vice-President, Namadi Sambo yesterday.

The Nation reports that a convoy of the reporters was attacked at Aso Drive junction (close to the Three Arm Zone) as the Vice President, who was on his way back from Jumat prayer at the National Mosque, passed the junction.

A Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Buba. K, triggered the attack when he ordered the arrest of Mr. Emman Ovuakporie, who is a Senior Correspondent with the Vanguard newspapers, claiming that the reporter beat a security cordon mounted by the security details of the Vice President...
http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/15/ill-shoot-nothing-will-happen-sambos-police-guard-tells-ait-staff/#.VGc1CTDIb8U.twitter
Re: 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by clemhova: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
Re: 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
Journalist should learn to obey orders and follow security protocols. Let's not politicize this kind of issue here, Boko Haram could disguise as journalist to access VP's convoy if journalists are given free-pass to maneuver through these protocols.

3 Likes

Re: 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
Journallist has being risking their lives since 1709 bc

1 Like

Re: 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by cjrane: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
Billyonaire:
Journalist should learn to obey orders and follow security protocols. Let's not politicize this kind of issue here, Boko Haram could disguise as journalist to access VP's convoy if journalists are given free-pass to maneuver through these protocols.

I have severally observed Nigerian journalists insult police officers in public after such journalist was caught doing something wrong. Nigerian journalists always like to breech security cordons and when you arrest them they flash a cheap ID card shouting in your face that they are journalists!!!

Boko Haram can even make better ID cards to infiltrate and detonate a bomb. The Police officers should messilessly handle and arrest such journalists. The Police men and soldiers pay with their lives to keep this country relatively safe. The last thing we should tolerate is an unruly journalist that wants to breech security and endanger their lives because he is another hungry journalist

3 Likes

Re: 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by clemhova: 3:41am On Nov 16, 2014
The Corporal (Ayubu Ayefu) pointed his cocked AK 47 rifle at the AIT cameraman as he attempted to film the incident.

"Look at my name tag; nothing will happen. If you don’t leave this place immediately with your camera and your vehicle, I will shoot you. Now move!”, the corporal ordered.

A senior Department of Security Service (DSS) operative saved the day when he witnessed the scene and alighted from his vehicle.

He appealed to the irate DSP Buba to release the detained journalist.

He said to Buba: “I came down because I recognised your face. Your boss was my classmate in the university, and I want to let you know that you are biting more than you can chew here”.
Re: 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by clemhova: 3:55am On Nov 16, 2014
cjrane:

I have severally observed Nigerian journalists insult police officers in public after such journalist was caught doing something wrong. Nigerian journalists always like to breech security cordons and when you arrest them they flash a cheap ID card shouting in your face that they are journalists!!!

Boko Haram can even make better ID cards to infiltrate and detonate a bomb. The Police officers should messilessly handle and arrest such journalists. The Police men and soldiers pay with their lives to keep this country relatively safe. The last thing we should tolerate is an unruly journalist that wants to breech security and endanger their lives because he is another hungry journalist
Did the camera man break protocol?
Re: 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will Happen' 'i'll Shoot You And Nothing Will by lonelydora: 4:13am On Nov 16, 2014
Journalists think they are above the law in some cases

(1) (Reply)

Obama Will Give Legal Status To Almost 5 Million Undocumented Immigrants / Arms Deal: Nigeria Turns To Russia For Arms To Fight Boko Haram / I Still Don't Understand Why Fuel Price Wasn't Reduced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.