Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week (1666 Views)

Nigeria Tops Medal Table At The African Junior Championship / Medals Table At The Ongoing Commonwealth Games / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by Tolexander: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
A new survey in the Daily Mail has
revealed that the average salary of
players from the English Premier
League has broken the two
million pound barrier for the first
time.

Up £1.6 million pounds from the
previous season -- Premier League
players have earned an average of
£2.3 million pounds a year, which
equates to over £43,000-a-week
during 2013-14.

The rise is largely down to the
increased TV deal which saw the
Premier League rake in over one
billion pounds since it took effect
last year.

England's top stars are
comfortably ahead of the rest of
the world in wages, as the report
reads: "Players in Germany's top
division earn £1.46m a year on
average, or £28,011 a week, with
players in Italy's Serie A next best
remunerated on £1.3m a year
(£25,263 a week), followed by
those in Spain's La Liga on £1.2m
a year (£23,327 a week).

"France's Ligue 1 follows La Liga,
with players averaging £988,000
a year, then the Russian Premier
League is next on £902,000
before a drop to the only other
league where players earn more
than £500,000 a year -- Brazil's
top division, where average yearly
pay is £583,000."

Last in the table is the Nigerian
Premier League, where players
can expect to earn just £130 a week.

REVEALED: What the world's
leagues pay their footballers. Part
1 of exclusive study, here: http://
/z02dUyAXRS pic.twitter.com/
iL2a7CZDSN

- sportingintelligence
(@sportingintel) November 14,

orisun
Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by rhazur(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by Suntemi(m): 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
na the orisun funny me pass
Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by Afrok(m): 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
Orisun as in Orisun fm? Abii nah Olayinka Ibikunle (la naa) made the survey ni? cheesy
Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by infobiz9ja(m): 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2014
£130 that's roughly N34,800 weekly that's N139,200 monthly not bad by Nigeria's standard.

1 Like

Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by AbuMikey(m): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2014
Just call the NPFL, ''Suffa Head Futbal League'' gringrin

Just kidding, but the Pay is so Poor, I'm very sure the Camerounians, Ghanians, South Africans, Sudanese, Egyptian, Kenya, Tanzanian, Uganda, infact every other Player in the rest of Africa's football league, earn more than their Nigerian counterparts. sad
Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2014
AbuMikey:
Just call the NPFL, ''Suffa Head Futbal League'' gringrin

Just kidding, but the Pay is so Poor, I'm very sure the Camerounians, Ghanians, South Africans, Sudanese, Egyptian, Kenya, Tanzanian, Uganda, infact every other Player in the rest of Africa's football league, earn more than their Nigerian counterparts. sad
Only two leagues in africa were considered in the world survey, Nigeria and southafrica's, i.e the rest of africa were nothing to write home about.
And the pay is not that bad if you look at it relatively.
Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by Leon2036(m): 11:40am On Nov 16, 2014
F117AA:
Only two leagues in africa were considered in the world survey, Nigeria and southafrica's, i.e the rest of africa were nothing to write home about.
And the pay is not that bad if you look at it relatively.
fact that other leagues where my mentioned does not mean it's nothing to write home about... have u seen Moroccan league, Egyptian league Tunisian league or even Sudan league.. they pay like European teams my frnd
Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
Leon2036:
fact that other leagues where my mentioned does not mean it's nothing to write home about... have u seen Moroccan league, Egyptian league Tunisian league or even Sudan league.. they pay like European teams my frnd
Those countries have 2 or 3 decent teams gulping all the money, while the rest of their teams are dirt poor.
Even TP mazembe of congo pays very well , probably the highest in the continent, it dosen't mean the congolese league is not trash .

1 Like

Re: Survey Reveals Nigeria Premier League Players End Wages Table At £130 A Week by Leon2036(m): 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
F117AA:
Those countries have 2 or 3 decent teams gulping all the money, while the rest of their teams are dirt poor.
Even TP mazembe of congo pays very well , probably the highest in the continent, it dosen't mean the congolese league is not trash .
same as Nigeria league ma frnd, that's exactly same thing that happens here if you re not playing for Kano pillars, warri wolves, or eyimba,..how re u going to get regular salaries??

(1) (Reply)

Orange AFCON 2015 Draw Ceremeny - Final Groups / IPL Live Streaming / When You Have Lived In London For A Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.