Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Am Greatly Indebted To Obasanjo- Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Greatly Indebted To Obasanjo- Atiku (654 Views)

Asari-dokubo: Arrest Obasanjo, Atiku, Others Now For Role In PDP Crisis / Obasanjo - Atiku Is Corrupt, I Chose Him To Put Him In Check / Is The PDP Certificate Of Registration With Obasanjo, Atiku Or Lamido? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Greatly Indebted To Obasanjo- Atiku by kaywizee(m): 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
Article By Abiodun Taiwo

The former Vice President and All Progressives Party Presidential hopeful, Alhaji Atiku Abubakir yesterday in Abeokuta said he was greatly indebted to the former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo for giving him the opportunity to serve the country as Vice President.

Atiku who spoke in Abeokuta while paying courtesy call on the former President Obasanjo and Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun said he was able to serve the nation as number two citizen due to the magnanimity of his Party then and his former Boss, Obasanjo.

His words, "When the late Chief MKO Abiola won the election, everybody was expecting that I was going to be his running mate but they did not know that God had something in stock for me not at that time and that it is going to be another period and when President Olusegun Obasanjo became candidate in our great party then, he nominated me to be his Vice President then and that gave me the opportunity to served this

country at the highest level, I am greatly indebted to him for that opportunity".

Commenting on the transformation agenda of the present administration, Atiku said “PDP will talk on the Television that they have done this and that, but they had done nothing but if you go to the APC states, honestly, you will see, you'll feel the kind of transformation that goes on".

“They call themselves transformers while we call ourselves progressives because transformation goes with progressiveness but their own transformation goes with backwardness".

"I have said it over and over again because I have visited APC and PDP states, if you go to Sokoto, Lagos, River, Zamfara, Kano, you'll really, see, feel and touch, not what they have tell you on the television".

"When we were coming, they said they have reactivated railway and there's bush over the railway track between Ibadan and Abeokuta here but they will tell you that they have reactivated railway and railway is running while it is not even running from Lagos to Ibadan, which is the kind of thing PDP are good at, propaganda".

Speaking on the defection of some APC members to Social Democratic Party, SDP, Atiku said "I am the Chairman of the South West reconciliation Committee but we also had to set up and elder sub-committee of that committee to try and see if there will be internal reconciliation before the bigger committee looks at the reconciliation process".

"It is regrettable, unfortunate but I believe it is a situation that is still reconcilable. This is a situation that has been going on for some time and we have not given up".

Commenting on the Presidential ambition of the Speaker House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, Atiku said "the more the merrier, APC is a very democratic party, so the more the merrier".

While speaking on why he visited former President Obasanjo, Atiku said "First and foremost, I came to pay my respect to my former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo and we discussed the state of the nation generally and our relationship is extremely cordial".

While commending the State governor for what he had done so far, the former Vice President eulogised Amosun adding, "When I drove to Abeokuta this morning, it was not long ago, the kind of physical infrastructure when I come up in the capital is phenomenal and unbelievable. And I want to use this opportunity to commend your leadership and also recommend continuation of your leadership to the good people of Ogun State".

"It is only fair that when such physical transformation is going on, it is only logical and reasonable that an opportunity should be given for that political leadership for that physical transformation be continued".

"You see what has always affected our transformation stride in this nation is that when we change administration, they don't continue with what their predecessors started so that they can conclude them, they begin new projects and new things. The nation building is a continuous process and therefore at a point in time, it requires continuity and it is only when that continuity is achievable that we can see the kind of development that we need".

In his response, Ogun State Governor Senator Ibikunle Amosun who first hosted the Presidential hopeful at the Executive chamber at Oke mosan, Abeokuta, opined that "There are many experienced politician, I told him I am not a politician, we are eaglet politician, we are on the road of being a politician but they are experienced politician".

"I know if with the quality and calibre of our elders that are presenting themselves to run the state of affairs of Nigeria, you'll will know that in APC stock, we have very dependable, very experienced that are selflessly going to serve us, I have no doubt in my mind that all our Aspirants, are good leader for us in Nigeria, he will run the country well, he is tested and trusted he know all the roads there, he is not somebody that anyone can ask where and where has he served before with his experience and exposure, I think Nigeria can only benefit from his wonderful experience. And to all that have presented themselves, that is the quality we in APC are made of.”

http://oyiidoma..com/2014/11/am-greatly-indebted-to-obasanjo-atiku.html?m=1

Re: Am Greatly Indebted To Obasanjo- Atiku by juman(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Atiku, Atiku. grin
Re: Am Greatly Indebted To Obasanjo- Atiku by juman(m): 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
I don't like yoruba obasanjo and people of his generation like ooni, alaafin, awujale, etc.

They failed this country.
Re: Am Greatly Indebted To Obasanjo- Atiku by masamari(m): 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
juman:
I don't like yoruba obasanjo and people of his generation like ooni, alaafin, awujale, etc.

They failed this country.
You! I see people like you have gone far to pose division in this nation. How dare you saying you don't like your fellow Nigerians? Evil nothing but evils man, good and patriotic citizen like me will still hug you bcoz you're a blind man that needs vision.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Woman Kills 6 Different Partners For Inheritance / Has The Labour Of Our Heroes Past Not In Vain / Obasanjo Is Not In A Position To Criticize Jonathan- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.