Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,334 members, 7,853,505 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? (8264 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? / Ways Husbands Can Show Love To Pregnant Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by onegig(m): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Teespice:
if a woman can forgive a man for committing adultery, why can't a man forgive his wife if she does same.

that's how I see it.
I always believe in karma. Why would she cheat when I am not and mind you I don't need a lady to forgive and take me back for something as extreme as adultery because I won't do same.

I would forgive her and let bygones be bygones but its actually the end of us two. It would take a miracle for me to believe anything she says afterwards. Trust is not something you pick up and start mending, so its better we part. A relationship without trust is actually nothing but pain.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by DukeNija(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2014
zeb04:
I really don't know what will make me forgive a cheating husband (caught in the act) no amount of prayer and fasting or family meeting can solve that.

You can say this now that you are single, after many years of marriage, with so much financial, physical, emotional and spiritual investments, with children and pressure, i strongly believe you will not have this same opinion when the chips are down.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 16, 2014
2buff:

Mondi, na your own cheating go bad pass. You and your man-butt fetish.
After doing all that stuff, you would then go home and use that same mouth to kiss the poor guy.
Tufiakwa undecided
so because i laughed at that comment it means i will cheat abi? Okay, how many women have u serial cheated on sef?
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by jmoore(m): 8:50am On Nov 16, 2014
I will forgive and divorce her.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Teespice(f): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2014
onegig:
I always believe in karma. Why would she cheat when I am not and mind you I don't need a lady to forgive and take me back for something as extreme as adultery because I won't do same.

I would forgive her and let bygones be bygones but its actually the end of us two. It would take a miracle for me to believe anything she says afterwards. Trust is not something you pick up and start mending, so its better we part. A relationship without trust is actually nothing but pain.

I agree with your post.

however, you seem to forget that in this part of the world, a woman is expected to forgive and if she as much as files for divorce on grounds of adultery, she is blamed for not realising that a man has the wandering eye.

personally, I can't forgive a cheating partner be it in a relationship or marriage and the man should do same for me as well.

1 Like

Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by kuderrich: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2014
zeb04:
I really don't know what will make me forgive a cheating husband (caught in the act) no amount of prayer and fasting or family meeting can solve that.
but if you're caught in d act u'll expect to be forgiven abi? I won't say u're selfish. Nah
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by onegig(m): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2014
Teespice:

I agree with your post.

however, you seem to forget that in this part of the world, a woman is expected to forgive and if she as much as files for divorce on grounds of adultery, she is blamed for not realising that a man has the wandering eye.

personally, I can't forgive a cheating partner be it in a relationship or marriage and the man should do same for me as well.

Maybe that's the societal standards in some areas. I don't seem to hear that where I am from. I believe both genders are equal and should be held responsible to the same level of transparency. A woman should forgive and accept a man who goes off course based on her own personal accords and not on what someone, somewhere believes in.

1 Like

Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by onegig(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2014
DukeNija:

You can say this now that you are single, after many years of marriage, with so much financial, physical, emotional and spiritual investments, with children and pressure, i strongly believe you will not have this same opinion when the chips are down.
Yeah. you certainly want to consider your sacrifices, efforts and time wasted. And that's exactly what makes it more painful and hard. But it's actually a fallacy if I should stay back because for him/her to have craved for someone outside then there's a lot missing and more deeper problems inherent in the relationship which staying back won't solve.

I can persevere and stay back for other daunting challenges but adultery is a very very big deal that would make me scampering for safety. cheesy
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 16, 2014
That is if they ever get to find out. Even if they get suspicious, they just cannot wrap their heads around their wives cheating, so they rather keep deceiving themselves. Win-win for both parties. Hehehehehehetongue

Only very few lucky ones get to find out when they eventually cannot donate blood to their sickling children. cheesy cheesy cheesy

As for a married woman confessing to cheating. . . Forgiving her or not should be the last thing on the man's mind. The first thing he should do is to watch his back seriously. Start by cross checking your bank accounts to hiring Body Guards to not eating her meals . . Cos, most women donot just confess. They must have a well laid out plan. Either to leave that marriage while grabbing all they can or to kill the man and acquire everything. tongue

Women! Staying a step ahead since the days of Adam! tongue cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by zeb04(f): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2014
kuderrich:
but if you're caught in d act u'll expect to be forgiven abi? I won't say u're selfish. Nah
why do I have to go looking for another dic.k when all I want is right there with me.

Cheating is way out of it.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:38am On Nov 16, 2014
zeb04:

you are too beautiful to be cheated....ni man in his right senses will have a beautiful woman like you and at thesame time decide ti cheat or caught in the act
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by abdulwastecx(m): 11:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Teespice:

why?

because your egos are involved or could it be that you can't digest the fact that wifey cheated. could it also be that society frowns at a woman cheating and it's something you can't live with.

I believe when I marry a woman, I marry her because she is the best and someone I will spend the rest of my life with not because of her virginal. .. the problem is religion and society view women as a mere working virginal or sex object.

sex is part but never more 5% of what marriage should be all about...in such a case, bleeping another woman will never come to mind becuase all women have virginal why risky your life on some LovePeddler because of something you will get readily available at home at your own comfort

1 Like

Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Arsenate(m): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2014
Phema:
That is if they ever get to find out. Even if they get suspicious, they just cannot wrap their heads around their wives cheating, so they rather keep deceiving themselves. Win-win for both parties. Hehehehehehetongue

Only very few lucky ones get to find out when they eventually cannot donate blood to their sickling children. cheesy cheesy cheesy

As for a married woman confessing to cheating. . . Forgiving her or not should be the last thing on the man's mind. The first thing he should do is to watch his back seriously. Start by cross checking your bank accounts to hiring Body Guards to not eating her meals . . Cos, most women donot just confess. They must have a well laid out plan. Either to leave that marriage while grabbing all they can or to kill the man and acquire everything. tongue

cool story...but we still ain't scared

I mean aren't you women just confused. one minute you women are crying that men are cheats, evil and basically responsible for all the ills of the society, the next you're telling us how much more evil you are compared to men. Lol
which exactly are you; saints or demons

1 Like

Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by dein77(m): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2014
abdulwastecx:

I believe when I marry a woman, I marry her because is the best and someone I will spend the rest of my life with not because of her virginal. .. the problem is religion and society view women as a mere working virginal or ses object.

sex is part but never 5% of what marriage should be all about...in such a case, bleeping another woman will never come to mind becuase all women have virginal why risky your life on some LovePeddler because of something you will get readily available at home at your own comfort

That's a good stance.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Arsenate(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
k
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Arsenate(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
kkk
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by kuderrich: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
zeb04:
why do I have to go looking for another dic.k when all I want is right there with me.

Cheating is way out of it.
so u think cheating is limited to f.uck.ing another man's d**ck alone? It's more dan dat. Aside that, mistakes do happen sometimes which may be beyond ur control, u may nt understand until u're in dat position.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by iykedare(m): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sophyrocks:
So from the responses, men would rather not be told. Women una dey hear? Cheat but dnt get caught and dnt open ur big mouth. Men be hypocrites o. Dem no dey forgive but want forgiveness. Carry ur confession go grave o.
#catwalks out of thread#

your gra gra here too much jor. You cant do half of what you say here. Keep misleading your followers.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by iykedare(m): 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Phema:

angry
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by FynBabe(f): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
grin grin cheesy Guys are not smiling @ all.
jmoore:
I will forgive and divorce her.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by okabe(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
Teespice:

Dats a big fat lie, dat myt hav been true in d past buh definitely nt nowadays

Teespice:

people make mistakes. BTW, adultery is not always as it seems. #just_saying
For me, I can neva 4give anybody who cheats on me even yl we r yet 2 tie d knot buh once marriage is sealed, well, I stick to my earlier post
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by donogaga(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
Wendy80:
My Hubby won't forgive oh lai lai. He said it while we were dating. His ex while they were in school cheated he discovered and relationship ended despite pleas from d girl.
How much more a wife. No oh.

God bless your hubby. At the long run, am sure he will forgive, but he will not forget. Its painful though.... And sometimes, it leads to untimely death.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by donogaga(m): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
dein77:

Dear, call it ego or indigestion or whatever. I can't share my wife with any other man. Never. Never.

Valid point. That's the truth.

No sane Man would want to do that.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Arsenate:
cool story...but we still ain't scared
I mean aren't you women just confused. one minute you women are crying that men are cheats, evil and basically responsible for all the ills of the society, the next you're telling us how much more evil you are compared to men. Lol
which exactly are you; saints or demons

Both. Sweet Angels when they are treated right, demons with seven horns when they are not. tongue tongue grin

My post wasn't meant to scare anyone bro. Just to jolt some "gullible" men back to reality. cool kiss

2 Likes

Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
iykedare:
angry

Cheer up bro. The Lord is good! grin
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by bukatyne(f): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
DukeNija:

But when men say same, they would stand by their words?

Unfortunately for you all, some women know what they want, say it and stand solely by it.

Sorry cheats grin
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by bukatyne(f): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Of course they dnt but they always expect forgiveness. They even use emotional blackmail to force the 'forgiveness' out like using the children as a bait. Thats why u hear some say that a woman has no choice but to forgive 4 the sake of the children. If the woman decides to leave, the cheating hubby hands off from the kids and assumes he has no kids.

Dearie,

No woman is forced to forgive cheesy She decides to cheesy

@bolded, perfect. I would not like a cheat to train my kids also.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by bukatyne(f): 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Teespice:

I agree with your post.

Apologies to all for hammering the same point however, who are the society who expect a wife to forgive her cheating husband? If a woman decides not to forgive, what will happen to her?
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by dein77(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
bukatyne:

Apologies to all for hammering the same point however, who are the society who expect a wife to forgive her cheating husband? If a woman decides not to forgive, what will happen to her?

If a woman decides not to forgive her cheating husband, she's seen as not doing enough to preserve her home. It's the way it is.

Somehow, the capacity of women to tolerate sone extreme nonsense seems a wonder to me.

Forgiveness is a choice, and I don't think I have sufficient grace to forgive a cheating wife...

Happy Sunday, dear.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by bukatyne(f): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
dein77:

If a woman decides not to forgive her cheating husband, she's seen as not doing enough to preserve her home. It's the way it is.

Somehow, the capacity of women to tolerate some extreme nonsense seems a wonder to me.

Forgiveness is a choice, and I don't think I have sufficient grace to forgive a cheating wife...

Happy Sunday, dear.

People will talk regardless so why don't people do what they really want to do?

@bold, not only you my brother

The grace obviously is not sufficient for all grin

A wonderful Sunday to you too cheesy
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by Wendy80(f): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
donogaga:

God bless your hubby. At the long run, am sure he will forgive, but he will not forget. Its painful though.... And sometimes, it leads to untimely death.
They parted for good oh. He said he can it bear it if in d past but not while he's dating her. He couldn't just push it aside and continue so he left.
Re: Husbands: Can You Forgive Your Wife After She Confessed She Committed Adultery? by dein77(m): 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
Wendy80:

They parted for good oh. He said he can it bear it if in d past but not while he's dating her. He couldn't just push it aside and continue so he left.

Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When The Right One Loves You Right. / Gosh!!! No One Said It Was Gonna B Like Dis... / See What People Are Buying Now For Arthritis - Knee Protector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.