Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal (2497 Views)

Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki / NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party / Buhari Shocks APC Govs, Rejects Ministerial List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by talktimi(m): 3:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress may queue behind Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.) as the preferred presidential candidate of the party for the 2015 election, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt. The governors are suspecting that those asking the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, to pick the presidential form are enemies of the party. Two of the governors, who spoke with our correspondent on Friday and Saturday respectively, said they would work for Buhari. One of them, who called our correspondent on Friday evening, said there was no way he and his colleagues would support Tambuwal. He said he and his colleagues were not worried with Tambuwal’s picking of the party’s presidential form. He said, “We are not worried with his picking presidential form. He’s not going far. “We expected him to focus on him becoming the governor of Sokoto State. He’s a good product anyway, but he’s not ripe for Presidency now. He can’t defeat President Goodluck Jonathan.” Another governor, who’s from the North, said Tambuwal’s entrance could be a ploy by pro-Jonathan sympathisers within the party who he said, could be looking for a weak candidate that the president could easily over-run. He said he and some leaders within the party were informed the national leadership of the party and the Presidency were scared of a Buhari challenge. He said this could be the main reason the pro-Jonathan people within the party could have sold a dummy to Tambuwal, deceiving him that he’s young and would be liked by all. He said, “We know what’s going on. We are not being deceived. Those saying Tambuwal is young and vibrant are saying the truth, but his time hasn’t come. He doesn’t have the capacity to command the followership in the north and the entire country. “This is not the time to allow anyone to sell any dummy to the party. It is a national party and not a regional party anymore. “If there is anyone who think he can betray us at this stage, the person must think twice. We like Tambuwal, but he can’t be our candidate for now.” Meanwhile, the presidential aspiration of Tambuwal has worsened the problems being faced by the All Progressives Congress in choosing its presidential candidate. Sunday PUNCH learnt in Abuja, on Friday, that the Speaker’s entry had altered earlier projections of a possible deal on a consensus
candidate. It was gathered that the leadership of the APC had reasoned that choosing a consensus
candidate would save the party from rancour arising from a presidential primaries. Some nursed fears that the primary might not produce the desired results for the party. A member of the party’s National Working Committee, who spoke in confidence with SUNDAY PUNCH, said, “We know that primaries may not produce a candidate that will be acceptable nationwide. That is why we would have preferred a consensus, but from the look of things, the presidential primary is unavoidable.” The party’s National Chairman, John Odigie- Oyegun, had recently stated that the leadership of the party would gladly welcome the emergence of a consensus candidate for the party in the 2015 election. “I will give you one clear assurance; if there is a consensus among the aspirants, we as a party will welcome it completely. But if there is no consensus, we are going to give you the
cleanest, most transparent primary,” he said. Also, while receiving Atiku Abubakar last week in Lafia, the Nasarawa State Governor, Tanko Al-Makura, appealed to the APC presidential aspirants to agree on a consensus candidate. The northern caucus of the party had, on Tuesday, met as part of efforts to choose a consensus candidate. An ally of one of the leading aspirants, who pleaded anonymity, described Tambuwal’s entry as “a crude joke.” The source pleaded anonymity because his principal forbade him from joining issues with any other campaign group. He accused an unnamed leader of the party as not having outgrown the politics of “selfish interest for the unfolding scenario.” The source said, “It is sad that some of our so-called party leaders do not have the capacity to sacrifice personal interest for the greater good. “What you are seeing is the personal interest
of this individual, who wants to remain relevant at all costs, especially after the Muslim/Muslim ticket kite failed to fly.” Similarly, a member of another campaign organisation, who also pleaded anonymity, said, “What we are facing now is a make-or- mar situation. “Let us not be deceived; if the primary falls short of the standard of transparency, we may very well be saying goodbye to a party which held so much promise, but failed to deliver.” Reacting to the development, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Lai Mohammed, said the party did not zone the presidency to a particular part of the country. This, he said, made it possible for all interested members of the party to step out and obtain the party’s expression of interest and nomination forms. “Look at the calibre of the people that are coming into our party: former heads of state, former vice-presidents, speaker, governors, and former ministers, unlike theirs when they printed only one form.” Commenting on the Speaker’s entry into the race, a leading member of the Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Campaign, Osita Okechukwu, described Tambuwal’s entry into the race as a healthy development. He told one of our correspondents that the more the presidential aspirants, or any aspirant to the office of governor, National or State House of Assembly joining the party, the better for it. He said, “Tambuwal is, therefore, highly welcome into the presidential race. This is why the constitution of our party was amended penultimate week, to accommodate, in less than one hour, any person who joins the APC.” On Tambuwal’s chances, he said “one cannot hazard a guess, as Tambuwal, unlike Buhari or Atiku, had never contested nationwide election. He only contested in a federal constituency and his popularity had never been tested in Kano, Akure or Enugu. “All one knows is that his entry will neither diminish nor cut off the celestial bond between Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the masses and the middle class of our dear country.”

www.punchng.com/news/apc-govs-may-reject-tambuwal/
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 16, 2014
There seems to be so much vested interest in APC. Atiku nor Buhari may not agree to step down for either or any other candidate. What will also be the faith of Rochas who claimed the presidency has been zone to the south east if the north eventually settled for a northern consensus candidate? Even the choice of Vice Presidency may also be another challenge especially among some governors (Amaechi, Adams, Fashola, etc.). It's well.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by talktimi(m): 3:48am On Nov 16, 2014
...."It is sad that some of our so-called party leaders do not have the capacity to sacrifice personal interest for the greater good. “What you are seeing is the personal interest
of this individual, who wants to remain relevant at all costs, especially after the Muslim/Muslim ticket kite failed to fly.”

any guess as to who this "party leader" is ? grin

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by xpac01(m): 4:13am On Nov 16, 2014
From the whole lines of this long post, I only can hear sounds of desperation for control instead of change and this definitely is the raw material for corruption. Whether 'unripe' or 'barren' ni, all I knw is that, we have no credible aspirant onboard.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by SpaceGoat: 4:15am On Nov 16, 2014
APC? let talk romance small grin goo ol romance. shoutout to my wife VenusBetty

seriously stop doing this if you want to have a girlfriend
https://www.nairaland.com/1999306/guys-dont-get-it-see
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 16, 2014
Because their gathering was motivated by hate and bitterness, they will soon scatter

19 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by talktimi(m): 5:06am On Nov 16, 2014
Isn't it a dreadful shame on the apc that ta recent entry into their party has automatically turned into a formidable candidate for presidential elections barely a few weeks from now ? Isn't it a shame that this new entrant is causing so much disaffection amongst the ranks of their governors who have openly started complaining about the selfishness of one of their national leaders ?

Fellow Nigerians, APC needs help and prayers grin

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Johnnyessence(m): 5:17am On Nov 16, 2014
yes this is true tambuwal just join apc some weeks ago so we don't want him he can't deceive Gej .baba obasanjo should go and av break ooooooo.
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Akpaife(m): 5:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Uncle GEJ 2019

Sai GEJ 2015 haters jump inside river

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Johnnyessence(m): 5:18am On Nov 16, 2014
my question here is this APC is a strong party and he will defeat Gej come Feb 14 2015 election.
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Gboliwe: 5:45am On Nov 16, 2014
Some of them actually still have their thinking caps on.

Anything that causes the noisemaking group to be up all night in anxiety and worry gives me happiness. So, let the fights continue! I am still waiting for them to cease to be though. I know it won't be long tongue

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Gboliwe: 5:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Johnnyessence:
my question here is this APC is a strong party and he will defeat Gej come Feb 14 2015 election.

SMH. Where is the question? Who is "he"

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by PrinceAkbabio(m): 5:50am On Nov 16, 2014
Rubish! Who told dem gej is afraid of buhari must be high on weed. Buhari is a regular presidential aspirant jus lyk regula jamb customers. Anyway he shud kip tryin hs luck if he cn bcom d president b4 2029 meanwhile gej til 2019...

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Chicheey: 5:51am On Nov 16, 2014
This APC are not yet ready for presidency

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Johnnyessence(m): 6:06am On Nov 16, 2014
I believe strongly d artisans and d people of this country is d one that will vote in d people's general come Feb 2015 elections it's sealed GMB will be giving d President ticket and will win d polls with 60% against Gej of 40% .Gej should first #bringbackourgirls before campaigning to d good people of this country,we are not going back Gej will be disappointed in d polls.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by chymystique(f): 6:26am On Nov 16, 2014
I see APC dismantling after 2015 because they are not united and its a party of political failures, hypocrites and angry bittered souls who ve decided to keep causing mayhem in the country.
GMB is the biggest loser of all who is waiting to lose again in 2015 if he ends up being APC flag bearer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Alphaoscar: 6:34am On Nov 16, 2014
Though I like that Tambuwal of a man but I still can't trust him to the point of him been the APC presidential candidate. his M.Sc in jumpology is his main undoing .

anyway sha, Said Buhari!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 16, 2014
I knew APC would not be so foolish to allow Tambu watever to clinch their presidential ticket. Buhari all the way.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by gift01: 6:49am On Nov 16, 2014
Instead of all this speculation, let them have their primary and may the better candidate win. #Punch are just trying to sell their newspaper

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Goddex: 7:02am On Nov 16, 2014
Confusion everywhere in the camp of the janjaweeeds.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by omenka(m): 7:04am On Nov 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Because their gathering was motivated by hate and bitterness, they will soon scatter
You guys have been singing this song even before the merger, yet the party waxes stronger by the day. Don't you have any shame?
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Goddex: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2014
talktimi:
...."It is sad that some of our so-called party leaders do not have the capacity to sacrifice personal interest for the greater good. “What you are seeing is the personal interest
of this individual, who wants to remain relevant at all costs, especially after the Muslim/Muslim ticket kite failed to fly.”

any guess as to who this "party leader" is ?
grin

[size=13pt]Hahahahahahahahaha . . . bros, na Thiefnubuo. The great jagaban. He was eyeing VP to Buhari. . . unfortunately, the Muslim Muslim thing no come fly[/size]
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by omenka(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2014
harde2lah:
I knew APC would not be so foolish to allow Tambu watever to clinch their presidential ticket. Buhari all the way.
It isn't about wisdom or foolishness my brother, it is simply about popular demand. We the citizens want Buhari for we know, amongst all the candidates, he's the only one equipped with the necessary tools to perform the open heart surgery Nigeria so desperately needs, removing all cancerous cells and guiding this patient through a secure path to recovery.

Tambuwal is a fine gentleman with good leadership skills and anyone with an unbiased mind would admit he's do way better than Jonathan can ever do, but he's needed more in Sokoto than Abj at the moment. Let not greed cloud his judgement.

God bless the Progressives.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by lionduke(m): 7:32am On Nov 16, 2014
I wan go church
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Built2last: 7:40am On Nov 16, 2014
The truth is that Tambuwals political future has hybernated till 2019. He will wake up in 2015 to curse his advisers.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by talktimi(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2014
Goddex:

[size=13pt]Hahahahahahahahaha . . . bros, na Thiefnubuo. The great jagaban. He was eyeing VP to Buhari. . . unfortunately, the Muslim Muslim thing no come fly[/size]
WRONG lipsrsealed

grin grin
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 16, 2014
omenka:
It isn't about wisdom or foolishness my brother, it is simply about popular demand. We the citizens want Buhari for we know, amongst all the candidates, he's the only one equipped with the necessary tools to perform the open heart surgery Nigeria so desperately needs, removing all cancerous cells and guiding this patient through a secure path to recovery.

Tambuwal is a fine gentleman with good leadership skills and anyone with an unbiased mind would admit he's do way better than Jonathan can ever do, but he's needed more in Sokoto than Abj at the moment. Let not greed cloud his judgement.

God bless the Progressives.
I agree with you. Let him test his popularity in Sokoto first then we take it from there. If he eventually clinches the presidential ticket, what will APC campaign on? A fine gentleman? Definitely not what the people want to hear. @bolded.. I strongly doubt that. Which bill has he facilitated that has/had favored the masses? We all know members of the house of reps does the bidding of the president

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2014
Anybody but northern candidate,go to Akwa Ibom,Calabar,Entire NIGER DELTA,pick a candidate,we will make our choice but all this recycled materials MBA.must Apc present a Gambari?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 16, 2014
So the janjawiid have pdp moles

This guys are paranoid of jonathan

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by Zico5(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2014
This game of change will be very interesting to watch. Let the best candidate pick the ticket
Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by major466(m): 8:08am On Nov 16, 2014
This is interesting grin

THE GOVERNORS FEARED THAT THOSE CALLING FOR AMINU TAMBUWAL TO PICK THE PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATION FORM ARE ENEMIES OF THE PARTY. - APC GOVERNORS.

Is Tambuwal an enemy in APC? I thought they were happy when he joined them. Well, time will tell. This is really a definition of the Union of Strange Bird fellows.

Anyway, all I see is a volcanic eruption coming soon. Lot's of personal interest are playing out here as the Presidential race hits up within APC. Tinubu at the moment is totally confused on who to support. APC governors are rooting themselves behind Buhari. Atiku is vowing never to step down for any concensus candidate. Tambuwal in last minute consultation to join the race. Liar Muhammed lying as usual that the presidential race have not been zone to any geo political zone (We all know the Born To Rule Elements Have Taken over APC. Na their turn they say. They will settle for nothing but a northerner as the flag bearer) These and many more will set the stage for a Hurricane Katrina type Political Confusion to rock APC to its very root. A big test for APC since it's formation one year ago.
If the party is able to scale through this quack mire (Deep Division) without any disaster (Impossible) before the 2015 elections, I promise I will never call them 'Agberos' again ever.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: APC Govs May Reject Tambuwal by nigerianvenom(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2014
..and so shall confusion continue to be in their midst until the are separated and scattered.
touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Now For Buhari! / How Buhari's Letter Sparked Ohanaeze Crisis / Oby Ezekwesili Now On Aljazeera's Head To Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.