Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,583 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! (9385 Views)

If Nigerian Mechanics Were Medical Doctors / What Happens To The Petrol In Your Car With Mechanics? / Help!! My Car Overheats When Ac Is On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! by icemann(m): 6:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
stephenponti:
I have only water in the system presently.
That's your problem right there. Change to coolant first. The coolant colour would enable you find the leaky spot(i doubt if you have any leak) .
Re: My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! by PStacks(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
mayor2013:

I agree that water is lost in the closest of type of system. But the quantity of yours lost is just enormous which means you have a leak somewhere. Leaks could be very difficult and tasking to see. I recommend the "op" goes for a coolant leak pressure test. Thats just the best practice to get what is wrong. Your car either a big engine or not its not just normal for that said quantity to be lost. Do you know mere opening the radiator cap every now and then could cause you more problem to your car. That cap has got a threading in it and was you keep opening every now and then, you tend to worn out that threading so fast. Just go carry out that test. Or better there is a leak stopper sold for about 300 naira. You can pour that in your radiator. It stops whatever tiny leak you have got in your cooling system

You sound very professional in your assertion. Thanks anyway.. Iv learnt something atleast.
Re: My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! by stephenponti(m): 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
Fortunately I have been able to solve this problem
Two things I did that finally solved it.
1. I dismantled the radiator completely. Took it to car wash they flushed it thoroughly, as the cells still had few blockages. I flushed the condenser too. Then I installed the radiator back.
2. I refilled the system with 2 litre of coolant and the rest with water.

I then started the car with ac on for 30min and the temperature stayed on 80 against 95/100 it would have read previously.

The ac also is now very much chilling.

Thank you all.
Re: My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! by pufframmy: 10:58pm On May 05, 2017
nice one
stephenponti:
1. I dismantled the radiator completely. Took it to car wash they flushed it thoroughly, as the cells still had few blockages. I flushed the condenser too. Then I installed the radiator back.

I then started the car with ac on for 30min and the temperature stayed on 80 against 95/100 it would have read previously.

Thank you all.
nice one
Re: My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! by pufframmy: 3:55pm On May 15, 2017
am facing the same problem should i do the same

am using same golf 3 ever since am on it in my area with ac the temperature dont use to come up But i put it to test by going a long miles i drove about 30 from lagos to ifo when about to get to Ifo i notice my Temperature Gauge rise to 70 degree then heat start coming out i was force to park and after toping the water i off the AC and the temperature back to Normal but what i notice is that after moving on again and i on the ac The gauge started moving till 70 again untill i off it before it drop down again what is the matter please
and if am within my area the guage never raiise up with AC on
please all kindly reply
thanks

stephenponti:

Thank you all.
Re: My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! by mexxyaaron(m): 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
stephenponti:

Thank you all.

Thanks a lot for this information bro,am having similar issue and I was thinking of doing this until I saw your information which is a confirmation to what I was thinking of.
Re: My Golf 3 Overheats I Have Tried All I Could With Mechanics Please Help! by autologic: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2019
mexxyaaron:

Thanks a lot for this information bro,am having similar issue and I was thinking of doing this until I saw your information which is a confirmation to what I was thinking of.
Similar symptoms doesn't automatically translate to same fix cos roots of issue might differs which is why we always advocate" diagnosis "

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC ICE Number Initiative (In Case Of Emergency) / How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Vehicle / Dodge Caravan Pulley Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.