Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches (6016 Views)

Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by tosyne2much(m): 11:22am On Nov 16, 2014
dre11:
So tonye2tonye
Nah pastor get today list

Am watching u in 32D.. ....

So pastor do preach and u will ask your self.. ..
Why did I come to church self
bwahahahahahahaha na so now.. Abeg nor forget vote me oooo
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Fabdedon(m): 11:31am On Nov 16, 2014
tosyne2much:

Yeah I know but you know people misuse that act
actually some its not thier wind that does the anoiting its their mouth odour...
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Dahjhi: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
nickz:
gringrin no 1 tho
once went to a church,the pastor just they "paraa

"God is angry with the world
the reason for poverty in the world
is cause ones God have given..decided not to give back to show appreciation.
in the book of romans..bla bla bla
God gave his only son as a sacrificial lamb
how many of you can give your children
HOW MANY OF YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO DIE

now dip your hand into your pocket and give a token to your creator"

The speed wey i use give offering ehngringrin
see as people they rush for offeringshockedshocked

LMAO cheesy

Pastors why now? No 5 got me laffing
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by TunjiMsp: 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
You just sum up the characteristic of Nigerian pastors
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by brocab: 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pastors need to start preaching the truth.
Pastors need to stop preaching on these financial crisis.
Pastors need to repent and ask for forgiveness.
pastors need to stop receiving the tithing system.
Pastors need not to sign up for the one world order.
Pastors need to worship Christ and him only they shall serve.
Pastors need to stop believing on that one world money making religion.
Pastors need to believe that.
Jesus Christ is Lord.
tosyne2much:
Sounds funny but they’re not funny at all. I have met quite a few of them and frankly, only God knows his true worshipers

Let's get started

1. Pastors Who Will Threaten You To Give Offering
These ones will preach compulsory tithing and offering otherwise hell fire is your home. In fact, they are not very analytical about the benefits attached to giving but are very analytical with the penalty of not giving your tithes and offering

2. Pastors Who Will Threaten Ladies Who Wear Trousers
These ones are hypocrites who will threaten you with hell fire if you wear trouser and earrings at the expense of your salvation.. The funniest thing is that their daughters are caught in the same act

3. Pastors Who Condemn Social Network
They will kick against the idea of facebook-ing, whatsapp-ing, BBM at the expense of your salvation.. What has salvation got to do with all these electrical gadgets in a technology era that we are in ?

4. Pastors Who Waste Time Beating Around The Bush Unnecessarily
These ones exceed the stipulated time without even considering that not all Christians have their breakfast before coming to the church. They take an hour to analyze a simple and straight-forward Biblical verse.

5. Pastors Who Act Like Wrestlers
These ones might fling their suit to the congregation as John Cena will do before fighting.. During prayers, they might even ask
you to pray aggressively and throw punches to your enemies

6. Pastors Who Blow Wind
A true pastor with God's annointing does not necessarily need to blow air unto people or wave handkerchief before they can receive their annointing, you see some pastors blowing wind and waving handkerchief as if their life depend on it

7. Pastors Who Want You To Speak In Tongue By Force
They will force you to speak in tongue.. Many at times, you see people faking it

8. Pastors Who Want You To Fall Under The Annointing By All Means
Some pastors don't want to be seen as men of God who can't perform wonders, during anointing session, when they lay hands on you and when you refuse to fall, they will go as far as pushing your head or set let's for you so that you will stagger and fall

9 Pastors Who Want You To Empty Your Pocket At The Expense Of Prosperity
These one will ask you empty your pocket or drop the highest denomination you have in your pocket and they will threaten you with hardship and hard labour if you refuse to drop it

10. Pastors Who Place So Much Emphasis On Their Success
I don't know if this is somewhat to show-off but I find it very annoying. During a sermon, they will tell you how many foreign countries they have gone to, how many cars they own and how their sons and daughters are the leaders of their departments in school

Feel free to add yours
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hmmmm Tosyne2much always on point.

I'm waiting for the day you will tell us 10 types of people in hell and heaven.

Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by ERCROSS(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
I find those pastors who force people to speak in tongues very annoying

Wetin ..

Na by force angry
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Tomytomy3: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
If you don't have anything to write why criticise pastors? Do you know that every idle statement you make you will give account of it (matth 12:36)? Anytime you criticise a pastor do you know you are criticing God (Num 12:1-9). You certainly have no idea that there is no forgivenness to the sins of criticising God or His servant(Matth 12:31,32). The story of Rev. Park Yong will teach you more google it.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Blackfire(m): 6:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
i go to church with 20 naira offering,i dont believe in tithe
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by tosyne2much(m): 7:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Tomytomy3:
If you don't have anything to write why criticise pastors? Do you know that every idle statement you make you will give account of it (matth 12:36)? Anytime you criticise a pastor do you know you are criticing God (Num 12:1-9). [color=purple] You certainly have no idea that there is no forgivenness to the sins of criticising God or His servant (Matth 12:31,32). The story of Rev. Park Yong will teach you more google it.
hey broda calm down, nobody is criticizing any pastor here so there's no point using Bible verse to threaten me.. I'm also a good Christian who does not joke with God

Read the write-up once again and you would see that this has nothing to do with criticizing pastors.. It only has to do with pastor who misled us at the expense of salvation

1 Like

Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by tosyne2much(m): 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bunsky:
Hmmmm Tosyne2much always on point.

I'm waiting for the day you will tell us 10 types of people in hell and heaven.

Happy sunday
coming soon

10 TYPE OF DUDES THAT WANT TO WOO BUNSKY

Hehehehehehehe
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
tosyne2much:
coming soon

Hehehehehehehe
hehe who know bunsky for romance section.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
tosyne2much:
coming soon

Hehehehehehehe
hehe who know bunsky for romance section
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by tosyne2much(m): 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bunsky:
hehe who know bunsky for romance section
is that what you think ?
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
tosyne2much:

These ones will preach compulsory tithing and offering otherwise hell fire is your home. In fact, they are not very analytical about the benefits attached to giving but are very analytical with the penalty of not giving your tithes and offering [/b]

Malachi 3:8-10 KJV
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it .
Paying your tithe and offering is compulsory sir.
Tithing is a comand from God and we are expected to obey that comman.
WHAT'S UP GUY, WHAT NEST SIR?
Update me plz.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by tosyne2much(m): 8:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
chisco82:

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. [9] Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. [10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it .
Update me plz.
I wish to add in to my whatsapp group
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
tosyne2much:
is that what you think ?
yea
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by tosyne2much(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bunsky:
yea
is your number registered on whatsapp ?
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by brocab: 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Christians seem to believe in these two different doctrines-some prefer to stay under the old tithing curse.
Others prefer to live for Christ' his anointed} to live under his banner to retrieve our freedom from that curse of old.
Which one are you?
chisco82:

Update me plz.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 2:30am On Nov 17, 2014
brocab:
Christians seem to believe in these two different doctrines-some prefer to stay under the old tithing curse.
Others prefer to live for Christ' his anointed} to live under his banner to retrieve our freedom from that curse of old.
Which one are you?
I prefers to obey the word of God which is cbrist bimself also, knowing fully well that he never condemn tithing rather he gave me the grace to obey.
Knowing that it is never easy to pay that considering the situations of things.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 17, 2014
tosyne2much:

I wish to add in to my whatsapp group
Pm me your no.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by brocab: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
But if the tithing sacrificing and offerings system worked in the first place, and they never found fault, then Jesus wouldn't have changed that old covenant into a new covenant.
Giving us a better hope. If you read Hebrews 7:18-19, For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and profitableness V's 19, for the law made nothing prefect, on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, which we draw near to God.
The old covenant system with tithing sacrificing and offerings, {where the priest would meet God' in the temple made with hands}.
Jesus had made a sacrifice once and for all.
Your free.
Need of a new priesthood-Hebrews 7:12, for the priesthood being changed, of necessity there also a change of the law. back in V's 11, Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood{ for under it the people received the law.}
The tithing sacrificing and offerings was that law. Jesus came to fulfil the law.
Galatians 5:14, Love fulfils the law-For all the law is fulfilled in one word even in this. "You" shall love your neighbour as yourself.
No-longer do we follow that old tithing sacrifice offering system, where our many churches won't except the fulfilment changers the lord had done for us, setting us free from the curse of the law, and the lord had giving us a new commandment.
John 3:34, A new commandment I give to you. Love one another as I have loved you?
Free will.
Many of those who tithe believe money is the key to success, love can only come from financial prosperity.
Matthew 23:23, Woe to you , scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites; for you pay tithe of mint and anise and cumin, and neglected the weightier matters of the law, Justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the other undone.
The Pharisees also believed, the love in tithing monies was the key to success.
Read 1 Timothy 6, men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that Godliness is the means of great Gain.{ Money} From such withdraw yourselves.
So maybe you need to ask yourself, have you really accepted Jesus into your heart, do you really believe Jesus had changed and fulfilled the law, giving us a better hope. The Holy-Spirit no longer lives in a temple made by hands for the remissions of our sins; Jesus had sacrificed himself so now the Holy-Spirit can live inside us all
Once and for all.
Try to give without giving your earnings as a tithe. Try giving the church a can of soup.
chisco82:

I prefers to obey the word of God which is cbrist bimself also, knowing fully well that he never condemn tithing rather he gave me the grace to obey.
Knowing that it is never easy to pay that considering the situations of things.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
No. 10 can be very annoying if you are broke.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
brocab:
But if the tithing sacrificing and offerings system worked in the first place, and they never found fault, then Jesus wouldn't have changed that old covenant into a new covenant.
Giving us a better hope. If you read Hebrews 7:18-19, For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and profitableness V's 19, for the law made nothing prefect, on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, which we draw near to God.
The old covenant system with tithing sacrificing and offerings, {where the priest would meet God' in the temple made with hands}.
Jesus had made a sacrifice once and for all.
Your free.
Need of a new priesthood-Hebrews 7:12, for the priesthood being changed, of necessity there also a change of the law. back in V's 11, Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood{ for under it the people received the law.}
The tithing sacrificing and offerings was that law. Jesus came to fulfil the law.
Galatians 5:14, Love fulfils the law-For all the law is fulfilled in one word even in this. "You" shall love your neighbour as yourself.
No-longer do we follow that old tithing sacrifice offering system, where our many churches won't except the fulfilment changers the lord had done for us, setting us free from the curse of the law, and the lord had giving us a new commandment.
John 3:34, A new commandment I give to you. Love one another as I have loved you?
Free will.
Many of those who tithe believe money is the key to success, love can only come from financial prosperity.
Matthew 23:23, Woe to you , scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites; for you pay tithe of mint and anise and cumin, and neglected the weightier matters of the law, Justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the other undone.
The Pharisees also believed, the love in tithing monies was the key to success.
Read 1 Timothy 6, men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that Godliness is the means of great Gain.{ Money} From such withdraw yourselves.
So maybe you need to ask yourself, have you really accepted Jesus into your heart, do you really believe Jesus had changed and fulfilled the law, giving us a better hope. The Holy-Spirit no longer lives in a temple made by hands for the remissions of our sins; Jesus had sacrificed himself so now the Holy-Spirit can live inside us all
Once and for all.
Try to give without giving your earnings as a tithe. Try giving the church a can of soup.
I don't give my earning i give 10% of my income.
Aside that i give my offerings, sow seeds to appreciate what the lord is doing i n my life.
The ministry of Jesus christ always talk about giving and he comes with grace to give and to obey they laws without being force to do so.
Romans 8:1~5 Gave us the law of spirit which redeemed us from the law of sin.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by brocab: 3:21am On Nov 19, 2014
Firstly-your earnings is another meaning for income.
Secondly-you said: Jesus Christ always talked about "GIVING" and he comes with Grace to give and to obey the laws without being forced to do so.
Haven't you noticed what you had written" the lord didn't tell you to tithe, "But to Give" big different's, and a more relaxing one at that.

Have you ever wondered why more people are leaving the churches today?
"From error and quilt-based giving."

The tithing system have been introduced of the body of Christ, using 2 tactics from the enemy.

{1} Sowing guilt and shame into the body' quoting {Malachi 3:8} Will a man Rob God?
Yet you have robbed me-but I ask, how did we rob you? In tithes and offerings."

Of course no Christian wants to rob God; The question is are we truly robbing God, all maybe we are robbing man?

But the effect of sowing guilt, has been to extort money from the body of Christ.
Thereby robbing the body of the joy, and blessings of giving, as God leads.

Then the practice ignores Paul's instructions in the church at Corinth:
{1 Corinthians 9:7} Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not grudgingly or of necessity for God loves a cheerful giver.

Most Churches are involved in twisting verses around using tactics-blaming the body because of their financial crises, telling the body they are not blessed by God because they don't tithe.

Using {Malachi 3:10} And prove Me' now in this," Says the lord of host, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven, And pour out for you such blessings.

Believers are challenged to tithe, with the promise God will bless them if they do.

Such giving is not out of love for God, but out of selfishness.

Next question-
{Romans 8:3-4} For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh.
God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh.
{V's 4} that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit.

Question {1}-What happen to the temple store house?
Answer-it was destroyed in 70AD and has not been rebuilt.

Q,{2} Why?
Answer-The old covenant system of animal sacrifice to atone for sin is finished, the new covenant is in the blood of Christ who is the final and everlasting sin sacrifice.

Q,{3} Where is the temple now?
Answer-{1 Corinthians 6:19} Says: we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, God no-long resides in a stone temple, but in the hearts of his children through the Holy Spirit.

Q{4} What happen to the Levite priest?
Answer-The Levite priesthood is no-longer necessary as the old covenant system of animal sacrifices in the temple was superseded by the everlasting covenant of Christ's blood.

Q{5} Who is the priesthood now?
Answer-{1 Peter 2:5-9} says those who have received Jesus as lord and Savior are his priesthood

chisco82:

I don't give my earning i give 10% of my income.
Aside that i give my offerings, sow seeds to appreciate what the lord is doing i n my life.
The ministry of Jesus christ always talk about giving and he comes with grace to give and to obey they laws without being force to do so.
Romans 8:1~5 Gave us the law of spirit which redeemed us from the law of sin.
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by tosyne2much(m): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2014
brocab:
Firstly-your earnings is another meaning for income.
Secondly-you said: Jesus Christ always talked about "GIVING" and he comes with Grace to give and to obey the laws without being forced to do so.
Haven't you noticed what you had written" the lord didn't tell you to tithe, "But to Give" big different's, and a more relaxing one at that.

Have you ever wondered why more people are leaving the churches today?
"From error and quilt-based giving."

The tithing system have been introduced of the body of Christ, using 2 tactics from the enemy.

{1} Sowing guilt and shame into the body' quoting {Malachi 3:8} Will a man Rob God?
Yet you have robbed me-but I ask, how did we rob you? In tithes and offerings."

Of course no Christian wants to rob God; The question is are we truly robbing God, all maybe we are robbing man?

But the effect of sowing guilt, has been to extort money from the body of Christ.
Thereby robbing the body of the joy, and blessings of giving, as God leads.

Then the practice ignores Paul's instructions in the church at Corinth:
{1 Corinthians 9:7} Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not grudgingly or of necessity for God loves a cheerful giver.

Most Churches are involved in twisting verses around using tactics-blaming the body because of their financial crises, telling the body they are not blessed by God because they don't tithe.

Using {Malachi 3:10} And prove Me' now in this," Says the lord of host, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven, And pour out for you such blessings.

Believers are challenged to tithe, with the promise God will bless them if they do.

Such giving is not out of love for God, but out of selfishness.

Next question-
{Romans 8:3-4} For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh.
God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh.
{V's 4} that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit.

Question {1}-What happen to the temple store house?
Answer-it was destroyed in 70AD and has not been rebuilt.

Q,{2} Why?
Answer-The old covenant system of animal sacrifice to atone for sin is finished, the new covenant is in the blood of Christ who is the final and everlasting sin sacrifice.

Q,{3} Where is the temple now?
Answer-{1 Corinthians 6:19} Says: we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, God no-long resides in a stone temple, but in the hearts of his children through the Holy Spirit.

Q{4} What happen to the Levite priest?
Answer-The Levite priesthood is no-longer necessary as the old covenant system of animal sacrifices in the temple was superseded by the everlasting covenant of Christ's blood.

Q{5} Who is the priesthood now?
Answer-{1 Peter 2:5-9} says those who have received Jesus as lord and Savior are his priesthood

Woooooooooow !!! Thumbs up broda
Re: 10 Types Of Annoying Pastors You Will Meet In Some Churches by factuallogik: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Men... @ brocab ... brother, you are way too deep... this is easily one of most in-depth, logical, rational and factual ( backed up with the scriptures as well ) explanations I have come across that effectively tackles this sensitive topic

Nice one....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Child Marriage In The Bible? / German Priest Burns Himself To Death To Protest Spread Of Islam / The Best Argument For The Existence Of GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.