Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! (2436 Views)

Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Jonathan: Combating Corruption By Conversation By Sonala Olumhense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2014
http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/15/easy-pdp-defeat-sonala-olumhense

As Easy As PDP (To Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense

BY SONALA OLUMHENSE NOV 15, 2014

Is there really an electoral contest in Nigeria next February?

Yes, the electoral commission, fulfilling its constitutional duty, has listed an election on its calendar for that month, but it is really a referendum on 15 years of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in charge of Nigeria.

The event should be re-cast as a festival, a celebration of the opportunity for Nigerians to regain their dignity by inflicting on the PDP the most lopsided defeat in modern democratic warfare.

I do not mean that 2015 should be seen as the coronation of another party simply because it claims to be in opposition, but that it is an opportunity for Nigerians to reaffirm their dignity and express their indignation at the polls.

The PDP should be easy pickings, but anyone seeking to replace it should show imagination. The PDP has already shown cause.

Everyone, including the PDP, knows that Nigeria has become the butt of jokes around the world on account of its character as a looting gallery.

If you do not know they are laughing at Nigeria, that is probably because you lack literacy skills, not because you are in the PDP. There is no reason on earth why a party that is held in such contempt for various reasons ought not to be humiliated out of relevance with at least 80% of the popular vote.

This is the report card it has earned in 15 years of malice and malfeasance. [b] This is the precinct not even of politics, but of common sense: if someone hurts you, you seek vengeance, or avoidance. If someone loots your family, you want your heirlooms back, and you want the thieves in prison.

If someone insults your mother, or rapes your wife, or kills your sons, or abducts your daughters, you do not give him the keys to your heart: you want him dead and his carcass thrown to the hyenas. You do not give drink with him. You do not give him a bed in your home. You do not let him gloat about his exploits.

There is no other way to describe what the PDP has accomplished in Nigeria. Under its watch, Nigeria has moved from a nation of hope to one of doubt; from one which enjoyed the respect—sometimes admiration—of other countries to one that is now routinely called names.

Under its watch, Nigeria has moved from a nation which labored under gross mismanagement and overwhelming corruption to one where they are now merely an opinion.
[/b]

Under the watch of the PDP, reports are merely to be written, not implemented; a budget just a speech to be read, not an obligation to be fulfilled; and good governance is just a concept, not a principle. Was there ever a report by a Presidential Projects Assessment Committee about at least 11,886 projects? Do the many reports about the rot at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation have any relevance to the quality of life of the people?

Did anyone ever debate former Minister Oby Ezekwesili over her allegation that that $67 billion left by the President Olusegun Obasanjo’s government has been squandered by the current one? Yes, the government removed Central Bank governor Lamido Sanusi, but did anyone ever establish whether the NNPC actually failed to remit to the federation account from 2012 to 2013 the sum of $50 billion? $21? $10?

If nothing is clear, that is exactly what is intended by the PDP because in no enquiry can the party and its practices face the facts.

Under the watch of the PDP, Nigeria has ground to a halt, even to a fraction of its size. In full view of the PDP government, intrepid militants are taking over Nigeria, village by village, child by child and town by town, chasing Nigerians out of their homes and out of their country.

Under the PDP, Nigeria is giving away everything: self-respect, territory, refugees, children, dreams.

Under the PDP, propaganda is the only mission in order that it might look immensely better than it has accomplished.

A transformation was promised four years ago, but in its place, Nigerians got a Tantalization Agenda. Fifteen years ago, the Nigerian president and his wife enjoyed their healthcare in European hospitals; today, the Nigerian president and his wife enjoy healthcare in European hospitals.

But perhaps what is worse is what no longer exists: 15 years ago, Nigerians could travel around their country in relative safety; today, they are told to travel by air.

The country is in disrepair and in division, but what may be called the future is considerably worse unless the PDP is crushed by Nigerians so that it may be re-invented by those who care.

I do not know who will contest against the PDP, but it is an easy, almost unfair, battle. Between the popular disenchantment and the divisions within the PDP, there is no reason why it should not now lose more than 70% of the electoral gains it held in 2007.

What is exciting about 2015 is that many of the parties outside power can exploit the PDP’s scorched-earth incompetence, lootocracy and abysmal arrogance over the years. The challenge is to go where the PDP does not, and will not go: directly to the voters whom they have betrayed

The choice could be no clearer: the offer of hope where only despair exists, and where the only other choice is hopelessness. This is the time for the Nigerian voter to invest in his own dignity and future. The PDP has had 15 years, and Nigerians who are not dipping their hands into its soup pot know they are considerably worse-off than they were 15 years ago.

The one thing the PDP cannot tolerate, but the only language it understands, is electoral defeat. There is no better time than the present to inflict it.

One approach is to write up 774 reports, each no longer than half a page, on the last four or 15 years. That is the number of local government areas in the country, and they will make clear the depth of the government’s irresponsibility so far. Consolidate them into manageable sectoral campaign research. Contending political parties can take a look at the national budgets for those years here or here. At the local levels, it is easy to demonstrate how suddenly-wealthy legislators are in dissonance with mounting poverty.

What parties need to do is to campaign intensively at the grassroots: village to village, house to house. Not on social media, as tempting as that is, or on television. Encourage voters to accept PDP money and food, but to vote it out. Drag the PDP into running on its record, at the same time demonstrating a clearer commitment to serving the people.

The PDP may well be the most scandalous party in modern political history. It is not the only sinner in the world, but it is the only one that advertises its sins, and pays itself for them.

The PDP is a pushover right now, and it should be pushed. Because there was a country.

sonala.olumhense@gmail.com
Twitter: @SonalaOlumhense

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by tinkinjow: 9:24am On Nov 16, 2014
I hope you publish this in march 2015

8 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by gregg2: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2014
These APC guys always win in the media

Hahaha . . . janjawids never learn

13 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by OAUTemitayo: 9:29am On Nov 16, 2014
PDP must be voted out

5 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by gramci: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2014
tinkinjow:
I hope you publish this in march 2015

The coward will hibernate as usual

3 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by jmoore(m): 9:39am On Nov 16, 2014
PDP + APC = Same politicians.

Fifteen years ago, the Nigerian president and his wife enjoyed their healthcare in European hospitals; today, the Nigerian president and his wife enjoy healthcare in European hospitals.

And none of APC governors past or present go to foreign hospitals,huh?

Arrant nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Splashme: 9:41am On Nov 16, 2014
gregg2:
These APC guys always win in the media

Hahaha . . . janjawids never learn

They are very good at writing - always winning on Punch, Nation, TVC etc

7 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by pendy79: 9:42am On Nov 16, 2014
I can't even imagine the campaign stratedy PDP and the daft one intend to run on. From the north to the west to the central and to some reasonable and patriotic Nigerians in the east and south, those who like him amongst them feels because he has appointed ministers from their tribe, he is a christain and not of hausa/fulani stock hence that's enough performance/reason for them to vote him again.

the worst thing to have ever happened to Nigeria was the emergence of jonaTAN as a president in this country.

Is there no mirror in Aso Rock for him to see himself as epitomizing uselessness and daftness. A failure without compere. Ordinary Tompolo warned him not to turn up in Asaba and like the true son of a useless person he is, he never turned up. How do we get stuck with this mumu and chicken hearted leader in this age? Who are the people shouting and wishing this feebleminded jellyfish continue to rule the nation?

Can't wait for december to come so I can come home to mobilise to sweep this inept, corrupt, useless and shameless government out after 16years of holding the Nation to ransom.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by banki(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2014
truth they say is bitter......

I still ask myself how we got ourselves in this mess.....

We all knew that for two years as governor of bayelsa.....He kept giving excuses how he was only continuing the job his predecessor started blah blah
As acting president of Nigeria he couldn't even stand up to Turai Yaradua and her cohorts in the same ASO rOCK

I don't expect him to to stand up to shekau.....
just 3days ago Tompolo threatned the president and nothing happened instead the president chickend out and didn't go to warri

I also wait for information...on why the first lady is sick and goes to Germany for treatment with all the wonderful transformation agenda going on
isn't it a shame that Ifeanyi Ubah a leading subsidy thief is sponsoring TAN

I don't know what is going on but im scared for my country we have lost our morals our values and now our hope

isn't it a shame that some of us here still think we are on the right part

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
PDP must be voted out

I think Nigeria will surely reject the PDP. Jonathanians and TANdroids forget that GEJ totally and comprehensively shattered all the preconceived notions Nigerians held on to while the PDP ,over many years, plundered the nation i.e "e go better if we are rid of the old boys". That was precisely the sentiments GEJ benefited from in 2011. Nigerians know precisely what the PDP is but they voted for GEJ because of the belief that a 'young' and educated man who was from a poor background,with nothing at all to do with the past and the military, indicated the best hope for the deliverance of Nigeria. This simplistic thinking has now been overwhelmingly and emphatically discredited by the monumental corruption, anti-people mien, oligarchic elitism and misrule of GEJ.

Now we all have overwhelming proof that the making of a great and pro-people leader has zilch to do with education, age, being born poor and from a minority ethnic group or having nothing to do with the military. If anything GEJ has proven that the 'new generation' could be greater thieves with a more callous readiness to serve the interest of the elite and private jet Oligarchs while ignoring average Nigerians. The PDP has no fresh product to sell and no decent report card to run on. Ethnocentric, prejudiced, anti-Nigerian and vengeful folks will do their best to support GEJ but I think this election , if the opposition get's it strategy right, will show these enemies of progress that Nigerians who are normal and simply desire a nation that works are far more than them numerically.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by OAUTemitayo: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2014
Gbawe:

I think Nigeria will surely reject the PDP. Jonathanians and TANdroids forget that GEJ totally and comprehensively shattered all the preconceived notions Nigerians held on to while the PDP ,over many years, plundered the nation i.e "e go better if we are rid of the old boys". That was precisely the sentiments GEJ benefited from in 2011. Nigerians know precisely what the PDP is but they voted for GEJ because of the belief that a 'young' and educated man who was from a poor background,with nothing at all to do with the past and the military, indicated the best hope for the deliverance of Nigeria. This simplistic thinking has now been overwhelmingly and emphatically discredited by the monumental corruption, anti-people mien, oligarchic elitism and misrule of GEJ.

Now we all have overwhelming proof that the making of a great and pro-people leader has zilch to do with education, age, being born poor and from a minority ethnic group or having nothing to do with the military. If anything GEJ has proven that the 'new generation' could be greater thieves with a more callous readiness to serve the interest of the elite and private jet Oligarchs while ignoring average Nigerians. The PDP has no fresh product to sell and no decent report card to run on. Ethnocentric, prejudiced, anti-Nigerian and vengeful folks will do their best to support GEJ but I think this election , if the opposition get's it strategy right, will show these enemies of progress that Nigerians who are normal and simply desire a nation that works are far more than them numerically.
Sir, i can't even afford to waste another year at home due to the apparent dishonesty of GEJ.
He signed an agreement with ASUU since last year, yet he has not fulfilled a single of those promises he made to them in the agreement.
My power is my vote and my ability to effectively mobilise my father,mother, siblings and friends to vote out GEJ.
I will do everything humanly and Godly possible to ensure that Jonathan lose woefully in such a way that he would even find it difficult to rig or go to any tribunal.
I am going to campaign vigorously to my people here at home on why Jonathan cannot be trusted with another four years of steering the wheels of this nation.
I can't stand another ASUU strike.
Therefore Jonathan must go..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 10:15am On Nov 16, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

Sir, i can't even afford to waste another year at home due to the apparent dishonesty of GEJ.
He signed an agreement with ASUU since last year, yet he has not fulfilled a single of those promises in made to them in the agreement.
My power is my vote and my ability to effectively mobilise my father,mother, siblings and friends to vote out GEJ.
I will do everything humanly and Godly possible to ensure that Jonathan lose woefully in such a way that he would even find it difficult to rig or go to any tribunal.
I am going to campaign vigorously to my people here at home on why Jonathan cannot be trusted with another four years of steering the wheels of this nation.

I can't stand another ASUU strike.
Therefore Jonathan must go..

That's the spirit. God bless and strenghten you. It is your own future and that of children unborn you must fight for. Nigerians were seriously disenchanted with the PDP at the centre even 1n 2011. The "boy with no shoes" held hope because of what they claimed he is i.e man who is from the same ghetto as the masses and is , in theory, the best choice to side with and fight for what is in the best interest of the common man. Now Nigerians know they have been scammed same as you are angry at all the unfulfilled promises GEJ made to your particular interest group. "The only thing constant in life is change" and I believe Nigerians, a people forever hopeful of a bright future, will embrace change in 2015 as they did in 2011. The PDP bus has reached its last bus stop and all passengers have gotten off the bus of poverty, corruption, private jet elitism and anti-people wickedness.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Ofunaofu: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2014
in 2011, majority of the people went to the polls saying 'we are voting for jonathan and not the pdp' they didn't know that jonathan and the pdp were one in flesh and in blood.
Come 2015, that same majority will reject jonathan and the pdp.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2014
Ofunaofu:
in 2011, majority of the people went to the polls saying 'we are voting for jonathan and not the pdp' they didn't know that jonathan and the pdp were one in flesh and in blood.
Come 2015, that same majority will reject jonathan and the pdp.

This is the simple truth TANdroids do not wish to accept. The "fresh air" and "boy with no shoes" ruse are now universally discredited catch-phrases. When was the last time anyone used "fresh air" and GEJ in the same sentence. Little things like that tell a lot about how Nigerians are thinking. GEJ is now another part of our failed history that must be relegated to the past so that a new leader can get the chance to deliver the change Jonathan has emphatically shown he does not represent.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by omenka(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2014
The thought process of many Nigerians, especially the rural dwellers, was bogged by illiteracy in the past but now the problem has been compounded by acute poverty and ethno-religious bigotry occasioned by the Jonathan administration. Sadly, this highly inflammable brand of politicking seems to be gaining traction even amongst the learned effectively relegating critical considerations such as socio-economic indices, which are indicators of the welfare of the citizens and the major yardstick upon which to measure the performance of an administration, to the backstage.

A friend invited me once to a church. I attended fellowship there, really enjoyed the service and decided to attend the following sunday on my own volition. Towards the end of his sermon, the pastor then went on a scaremongering spree, "cautioning" the congregation as to the dangers of having a muslim in Aso Rock!! That was the last time I ever attended that church!!

We can ill afford to make the mistake we made (not me though) in 2011. If we don't get it right in 2015, then we can as well kiss this country goodbye.

7 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by duwdu: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2014
Sonala Olumhense is always an erudite, truthful, factual, and non-sentimental writer. This write-up is no different, and I do agree with it.

By the way, this is the first instance of his writings that I know of, in which Sonala would be direct in a belief that PDP could actually be voted out of power. He's always taciturn.

That says a lot, in my book. It, in fact, makes one more hopeful.

In addition, I do expect the leaders of opposition to the PDP at ALL levels – especially at the Federal level – to effectively mobilize and organize the people to go out there and vote; and for the INEC to try all that's humanly possible and make every legitimate vote – from ALL sides – to count.

Those will constitute the stuff of which the beginning of a true political evolution in Nigeria shall be made.

P34c3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by michelz: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2014
Frankly speaking,majority of Nigerians are fed up with the PDP and their leadership in the country. Nigerians,truly desire change;they're tired of the many problems bedeviling this Nation presently. They're tired of lack feasible positive impacts of the lives of Nigerians in a country with so much potentials to be one of the top 5 best countries in the world. They're tired of stories and long tales of propaganda without any positive reflection in the country. Day by day,apart from the menace of BH people in the north,people die due to serious lack of security in the country. They're tired of lack of basic amenities and infrastructure; they're tired of the whole rotten system. It now seems that the ray of hope lies in the hand of the opposition and how they play their politics. Will they(opposition) field in someone who's visionary and detribalized? Will they present someone who will not be seen as a Religion fanatic and don't risk been seen as not serious and credible enough? Will they sensitize the grass root masses like the OP pointed out? The ball indeed lies in their court at this point of the Nation's history.

3 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 16, 2014
duwdu:
Sonala Olumhense is always an erudite, truthful, factual, and non-sentimental writer. This write-up is no different, and I do agree with it.

By the way, this is the first instance of his writings that I know of, in which Sonala would be direct in a belief that PDP could actually be voted out of power. He's always taciturn.

In addition, I do expect the leaders of opposition to the PDP at ALL levels – especially at the Federal level – to effectively mobilize and organize the people to go out there and vote; and for the INEC to try all that's humanly possible and make every legitimate vote – from ALL sides – to count.

Those will constitute the stuff of which the beginning of a true political evolution in Nigeria shall be made.

P34c3

I respect your maturity. This can only come out from a progressive. The pdp agents always riddle their commentaries with insults and needless jabs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
duwdu:

P34c3

Very bright observation. It is even obvious that Olumhense , in testimony to the neutrality and objectivity he is known for, cannot even directly endorse the APC. What he is absolutely sure of is that the PDP has to make way for another Party so Nigeria gains change from the current status quo which is literally as low as we can sink. Anyone who knows Olumhense, as you clearly do, will realise this article is stronger,more direct and more ideologically resolute than most of his other writings we have read.

Olumhense ire against the PDP is typical of what most neutral and objective Nigerians believe to be the case currently. I.e "PDP must go" for Nigeria to make progress. 15 years is far more than enough indulgence of a grossly failed ruling Party.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Cannonleo(m): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
If only the opposition can be constructive and emphatic in their criticisms and objective in the all out plan for this country.then change is highly inevitable.APC make urself matured and.see.nigerians shake the earth
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by anonimi: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gbawe:

Olumhense ire against the PDP is typical of what most neutral and objective Nigerians believe to be the case currently. I.e "PDP must go" for Nigeria to make progress. 15 years is far more than enough indulgence of a grossly failed ruling Party.

The same way the Arewa People's Congress, APC must go from Lagos state next year.

16 years of expensive, HYPER-INFLATED flower planting and beautification of barely 10% of the entire state while neglecting the provision of BASIC services & utilities all over the state 'is far more than enough indulgence of a grossly failed ruling Party'

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
anonimi:

The same way the Arewa People's Congress, APC must go from Lagos state next year.

16 years of expensive, HYPER-INFLATED flower planting and beautification of barely 10% of the entire state while neglecting the provision of BASIC services & utilities all over the state 'is far more than enough indulgence of a grossly failed ruling Party'

I know you have serious 'issues' but try and learn to stay on topic. Open your own thread about what Lagosians want and deserve. Contribute directly to the subject matter of this thread, i.e the notion PDP should be voted out, or get lost. Your childish attempt at moving focus away from the subject matter is only indicative of your immature and dishonest nature.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by atlwireles: 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
These writers should do a comparison of 15 years of PDP VS any other timeline in Nigeria. Talk is cheap, present us with empirical data. Let's see what Nigeria was, that PDP destroyed. By the way, PDP will win a landslide victory, only ediots will bet against this reality.

1960-1979
1979-1999
1999-2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by patrickmuf(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Together we can decide ours own destinies by acting above man-made barriers designed to cage our natural thought process along ethnocentric and religious lines...
2015 presents a unique opportunity for us all to err our views hinged on disappointments, desire to move forward, our collective resolved to hold onto the true values of trust and unity...Let's make our votes count by going out en masse to vote PDP out of power...
Need I say yes we can?

1 Like

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
patrickmuf:
Together we can decide ours own destinies by acting above man-made barriers designed to cage our natural thought process along ethnocentric and religious lines...
2015 presents a unique opportunity for us all to err our views hinged on disappointments, desire to move forward, our collective resolved to hold onto the true values of trust and unity...Let's make our votes count by going out en masse to vote PDP out of power...
Need I say yes we can?

Indeed. what is clear is that Nigerians have indulged the PDP for long enough. In most Countries of the world ,where the electorate is focused only on receiving effective leadership, ruling Parties are voted out as soon as their tenure is up which is 4 years in most cases. Nigerians have given the PDP 16 years amounting to 4 tenures of 4 years. That is simply more than enough time, when everything has remained comatose or even worse as Olumhense points out, to conclude a nation must have change.
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Zuria(f): 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Intellectual write-ups are good but they don't win elections. Most people who spend their time "forecasting" how the electorates would vote online have never campaigned for candidates to their immediate families.

We have one vote but this election would be determined by:

The man whose bike was seized and is struggling to cater to his 4children in the university and 3kids in secondary school
The son who backed his ailing mother to the hospital and watch how she was being treated less than human by the government nurses
-The market men and women whose stalls were demolished
-The residence who rejoiced when boreholes were sunk but water is yet to be fetched from the government tap
-The worker who is forced to wake 4:30am to beat the morning rush due to bad roads & traffic; also he gets home 11pm every working day

This election would be the voice of the people...go get your PVC and start the change / continuation of what you want.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by pendy79: 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Who is the finger itching mod who hid my comment on this post. I asked why this post is not on front page if personal opinions are worth front page.

Olisa agbakoba gave a constitutional opinion despite being a maritime lawyer it flew to front page, an erudite professor of constitutional law gave a contrary and informed opinion but it was left to wallow in the Politics section.

What rule have I broken to warrant my post being hidden?

Move this thread to front page or we should accept that only opinion in favour of the PDP deserves to be there, so we don't bother asking

1 Like

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by anonimi: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gbawe:

I know you have serious 'issues' but try and learn to stay on topic. Open your own thread about what Lagosians want and deserve. Contribute directly to the subject matter of this thread, i.e the notion PDP should be voted out, or get lost. Your childish attempt at moving focus away from the subject matter is only indicative of your immature and dishonest nature.

You should learn to practice what you preach instead of being a HYPOCRITE all over the place.
No surprise there sha anyway. Is that not the hallmark of the Arewa People's Congress, APC = HYPOCRISY = APC

Below is your post on a thread rallying support for Buhari. You could NOT "stay on topic" but rather was all over the place about Tambuwal, Tinubu, Fashola, 2011, Lagos state, ACN ati bebe lo (and so on and so forth) =>

Gbawe:
@Barcanista.

Buhari is on course to get the ticket and I think, unlike the past, he will enjoy monumental and unanimous support this time around. your call is the right one but this is obvious to the leaders of the APC as well. It will be obvious to the most influential members of the APC that no Northern candidate other than Buhari can defeat the far-reaching machinations of the PDP. People forget that Tinubu is a pragmatist. They say he has supported Tambuwal yet look at the the 2011 elections where it was claimed Fashola had no chance of getting the APC ticket because Tinubu had "settled" on someone else. In the end Tinubu strongly came out to support Fashola who was never threatened as the best candidate to deliver Lagos for the now defunct ACN. Precisely the same situation with Buhari and the fight for the Presidency.

You can save your Do as I say and not as I do for those dimwits in your Agbero ProgreTHIEF Congress, you hear

Your childish attempt at moving focus away from the subject matter is only indicative of your immature and dishonest nature.

So all your dogo turenci long grammar above na Back to Sender, BtS angry
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
anonimi:

You should learn to practice what you preach instead of being a HYPOCRITE all over the place.
No surprise there sha anyway. Is that not the hallmark of the Arewa People's Congress, APC = HYPOCRISY = APC

Below is your post on a thread rallying support for Buhari. You could NOT "stay on topic" but rather was all over the place about Tambuwal, Tinubu, Fashola, 2011, Lagos state, ACN ati bebe lo (and so on and so forth) =>

You can save your Do as I say and not as I do for those dimwits in your Agbero ProgreTHIEF Congress, you hear

So all your dogo turenci long grammar above na Back to Sender, BtS angry

You are simply a lunatic and pathetic loser. The garbage above confirms it beyond doubt.
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Gbawe: 3:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
pendy79:
Who is the finger itching mod who hid my comment on this post. I asked why this post is not on front page if personal opinions are worth front page.

Olisa agbakoba gave a constitutional opinion despite being a maritime lawyer it flew to front page, an erudite professor of constitutional law gave a contrary and informed opinion but it was left to wallow in the Politics section.

What rule have I broken to warrant my post being hidden?

Move this thread to front page or we should accept that only opinion in favour of the PDP deserves to be there, so we don't bother asking

Bro, we are used to this sort of abuse of power. It is the Nigerian way after all. We are a people, despite conventional education, still emotionally and democratically immature. The notion of behaving in a just and equitable manner always is not something some Nigerians are ready to accept let alone live by.

This is one of the reason the poor and disenfranchise do not currently have a voice or strong representation in Nigeria. The Nigerian elite, in positions of influence same as the mods and the owner of Nairaland enjoy, abuse their powers and use it to intolerantly muzzle the wishes, opinion, voices and aspirations of the Nigerian people. I accept what Nairaland is and you will notice I am never found complaining here. This is because I know that the supporters of GEJ who run this forum will never prevent future development that are meant to be. GEJ is a terrible President Nigerians want to see the back of. The discriminatory antics of Nairaland administrators will not change anything.
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by pendy79: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gbawe:

Bro, we are used to this sort of abuse of power. It is the Nigerian way after all. We are a people, despite conventional education, still emotionally and democratically immature. The notion of behaving in a just and equitable manner always is not something some Nigerians are ready to accept let alone live by.

This is one of the reason the poor and disenfranchise do not currently have a voice or strong representation in Nigeria. The Nigerian elite, in positions of influence same as the mods and the owner of Nairaland enjoy, abuse their powers and use it to intolerantly muzzle the wishes, opinion, voices and aspirations of the Nigerian people. I accept what Nairaland is and you will notice I am never found complaining here. This is because I know that the supporters of GEJ who run this forum will never prevent future development that are meant to be. GEJ is a terrible President Nigerians want to see the back of. The discriminatory antics of Nairaland administrators will not change anything.

It is kinda childish and infantile to behave like a teenager who never had toys to play with as tots the way they select topics to go to the front page and when you complain or point it out they hide it or ban u.

At times I feel like deleting my profile but then realise that is exactly what they want. We won't give up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Withdraws Itv's Accreditation / Picture Of PDP And APC After Six Weeks Of Election Postponement / Unveiling Gen. Dambazau: The Man Standing Between Nigerians And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.