Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday (10049 Views)

Today Is Kefee 36th Post-humous Birthday / Happy Post Humous Birthday Goldie! / Happy 74th Post-humous Birthday To Fela Anikulapo Kuti! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by kunlesehan(m): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
adewumi91:

When the 'man of the people' is nolonger at ease, 'things fall apart'.

This is the correct version
Both versions are correct cos last time I checked Achebe wrote all four books we quoted.
Thanks for your version anyway

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by VICTORCIZA(m): 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
intergral:
Ehen? And so what?
DAFT PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Rest in Peace.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by greattendency: 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gracias
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by DonDiego(m): 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy post-humous birthday to nna anyi Achebe. You are now a reverred ancestor watching over us.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by lonelydora: 12:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
Thank you my beloved BIAFRAN brother for all your good works.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Daniel058(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
Post humous birthday, what is the meaning,??.
.. ###TEam_ndi-ujo-akwukwo
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by opyscol(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
IYANGBALI:
Since you wroted things fall apart,the world has not been the same again,pls come back and rewrote it.

What is this one saying

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Chicolee(f): 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
I wish i met you in real life. Rest in the Lord great man.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by kingthreat(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy birthday. But you only wrote about Igbos, Igbos and Igbos like they were thd only people in Nigeria. Sincerely, I rather celebrate Cyprian Ekwensi. Thats more like a true Nigerian. His stories had diversity

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by camelus: 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
ochallo:
Happy post ·hu·mous
Happy Birthday African Literally Icon.

Rest in the bossom of the Lord !

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Balkan(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
May your soul ever remain in peace.
"The wise man from the East"

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by cooljude(m): 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
I read "their was a country" and honestly i fell in love with that work. It was a delightful read for me. I would recommend the book to those who haven't read it. It wasn't an ethnic book has most critics painted it. It was more about his life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by BUSHHUNTER: 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Truly their was a country.

4 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by LINKINPINKY: 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy birthday.......wishing you long life and prosperity...........2day is ma sis bday too...wow!! Joyful day!!

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by searchcorp(m): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy Birthday Sir. Toast to immortality.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by DonDiego(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
kingthreat:
Happy birthday. But you only wrote about Igbos, Igbos and Igbos like they were thd only people in Nigeria. Sincerely, I rather celebrate Cyprian Ekwensi. Thats more like a true Nigerian. His stories had diversity

Did Soyinka not write about Yorubas, Yorubas and Yorubas? Does that make him less Nigerian? What is wrong with someone writing about only issues he is versed in. Soon you'll accuse Fela of playing only Afro-beat and not rock and roll. SMH.

6 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
adewumi91:

When the 'man of the people' is nolonger at ease, 'things fall apart'.

This is the correct version
The name "Things Fall Apart" was gotten from a poem by W. B. Yeats.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by basty: 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
He was a Hero and destroyed his statesmanship over his last work, There was a country.

He was a tribalist that left the world in a worst state than he met it. There was a man Achebe.

Not a celebrated and my ideal man

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by kingthreat(m): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
DonDiego:

Did Soyinka not write about Yorubas, Yorubas and Yorubas? Does that make him less Nigerian? What is wrong with someone writing about only issues he is versed in. Soon you'll accuse Fela of playing only Afro-beat and not rock and roll. SMH.

Stop spewing trash with falsehood. Soyinka did not only write about the Yorubas. Don't say what you don't know.
I am talking of variety on subjects of arts not variety on art genres. Your analogy using Fela doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by megabyte2(f): 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hbd to a great icon
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
May your soul continue to rest in profound peace.Happy birthday..
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by smallJagaban: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
WHAT'S THIS MAN ACHIEVEMENT? HE CAN'T EVEN WITHSTAND WOLE SOYINKA IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by smallJagaban: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
WHAT'S THIS MAN ACHIEVEMENT? HE CAN'T EVEN WITHSTAND WOLE SOYINKA
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by smallJagaban: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
HIS WORKS ONLY CENTRED ON IBO.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by alingo4life: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
therapisteve:
He wrote a world acclaimed Classic @ 28?
And some 28 year old guys are still aimless and are without bearing...

That novel was just too deep and Culture-Centric to av been duly narrated by just a 28 year Old!!!
What a Rare Gem He was..
. Not some 28 year old.most 28 year olds would still be in their parents house blaming the economy and the Government for their woes.instead of getting up and getting things done....
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
please spare a minute and visit www.trendsnaija.com
=======================================

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by born2makeit: 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy post humous birthday to the accomplished icon of African literature. Your contributions to the popularity of African literature is immeasurably. Thank you for standing firm in the gap for Africa and confronting the stereotypical writings and belief of some racial segregationists,that portrayed Africa as a nation of savages and a dark hearted people. You will perpectually remain green in our minds for gracing the surface of the earth with an indelible imprints on the sands of time. Although you are gone,you live on.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by darlenese(f): 2:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
Birthday wishes to the dead? shocked

lipsrsealed I reserve my comment
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by born2makeit: 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy post humous birthday to the accomplished icon of African literature. Your contributions to the popularity of African literature is immeasurable. Thank you for standing firm in the gap for Africa and confronting the stereotypical writings and belief of some racial segregationists,that portrayed Africa as a nation of savages and a dark hearted people. You will perpectually remain green in our minds for gracing the surface of the earth with an indelible imprints on the sands of time. Although you are gone,you live on.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by mancanoe: 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
'Idee nna' nwannem jee nke oma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Malia Obama Really Has A Great Behind / Dakore Egbuson Akande- My Husband Supports My Return To Acting 100% / DC EXCLUSIVE: I Kissed Genevieve Nnaji But - Beninoise Actress Ella Martins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.